PDA

View Full Version : Alicia's out of French Open

broncosven
May 5th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Heard it on the news this morning

that she is out for 4 weeks or some thing like that with a virus that affects her inner ear (so he balence is pretty screwed)

Poor thing she didnt she have too defend . . . i guess thats a good thing now

Sure she will get better though and be back winning not soon after !!!

(I think this also means that Evie is in MD now - so thats a little good thingy)

nitocris_tiger
May 6th, 2005, 02:40 AM
I guess the question is to you now Ausboy... does she really have an ear infection now or is this just an extension to the lie?
Would love to know the true story ;)

ozfan44
May 6th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Molik out of French Open

May 6, 2005

Melbourne, May 6 - Alicia Molik's clay court season has come to a halt as a result of a virus which is affecting her balance.

Now at a career high world No.8, Molik's agent told the Herald Sun newspaper today that doctors had diagnosed the South Australian with vestibular neuronitis, a virus that damaged her inner ear and affected her balance.

"At this stage, Alicia intends resuming at Eastbourne (June 13-18) before Wimbledon (June 20-July 3)," said Lisa Chaffey of Octagon.

"But she's had to withdraw today from Rome and Roland Garros. She's going to have to lay low. It was just not going to be feasible for her to go to the the French Open."

http://www.tennisaustralia.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetId=RDM38378.6565319329
Alicia Molik: career stalled by a virus.

The virus struck at a stage in Molik's career where she was a real contender to reach the top 5 in the world. Molik had no ranking points to defend in the first half of 2005 and remains one of the favourites to win the Wimbledon championships...if she can return to fitness.

The other top Aussie out of action is world No.2 Lleyton Hewitt, who is still recovering from a toe operation and has announced his return to the circuit at the World Team Cup in Dusseldorf, Germany, just before the French Open.

broncosven
May 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Good that she will be back by Wimbledon !!

Has an oppourtunity to get some more points before the US season comes along

gillibean
May 6th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Molik to miss French Open with virus
Sportal

Australian Alicia Molik has been ruled out of the French Open by a condition that affects her balance.

Molik has been unable to practice or play for the past month since she was surprisingly knocked out in the first round of the WTA Tour event at Amelia Island in the United States.

And doctors have now diagnosed the condition vestibular neuronitis, a virus that damages the inner ear and affects a person's balance as a direct result, with Molik's manager Lisa Chaffey saying she hopes to be able to resume in mid-June.

"At this stage, Alicia intends resuming at Eastbourne before Wimbledon (June 20-July 3)," Chaffey told The Advertiser. "But, unfortunately, she's had to withdraw today from Rome (Italia Masters) and Roland Garros. She's going to have to lay low."

"As frustrating as it is, it was just not going to be feasible for her to go to the French Open. Alicia hasn't been able to get out on the court and practise, and she's just been doing bits and pieces in the gym. With the vestibular neuronitis, as soon as she exerts herself, she suffers dizziness and it affects her balance."

Lemonskin.
May 6th, 2005, 02:22 PM
:bigcry:

Ellery
May 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Alicia :crying2: :hysteric:

CathyC!
May 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM
:crying2:

get well soon alicia :hug:

miss_molik
May 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Get well soon!

foreva lindsay
May 13th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo :sobbing: poor girl...get better soon please!! :hug:

chain
May 14th, 2005, 02:41 AM
This'll be the first Slam she's missed since 1999 Aus Open. That ear sounds like a real bitch - hope it's not affecting her fitness.

Interesting to note (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Tennis/Rankings-boost-for-Molik-illness-wont-dent-Wimbledon-hopes/2005/05/06/1115092687843.html) how Alicia can possibly go up in the rankings. Is this possible?

~Rachel~
May 17th, 2005, 08:20 PM
:(

Let's hope Alicia will now be well prepared for the grass season!

AliciAmelie
May 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
:sad:
that's so typical! now that i will go to the French, Alicia's out. The same thing happened to me when I went to the Aus Open 2003 and Amelie was out with an injury! Well, shit happens I guess...

AliciAmelie
May 19th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Oh and of course: GET WELL SOON ALICIA!!!

Grand Phantasm
May 21st, 2005, 10:30 PM
Well I wish Alicia was playing but hey we will have to look forward to her at Wimbledon!!!