PDA

View Full Version : Brooke Shield- Down Came The Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression

Dana Marcy
May 5th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Bright Beginnings(TM) Salutes Spokesperson Brooke Shields on the Launch of Her New Book, 'Down Came The Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression'
Thursday May 5, 2:49 pm ET

GORDONSVILLE, Va., May 5 -- The makers of Bright Beginnings infant formula with DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) today congratulated product spokesperson Brooke Shields on the publication of her new book, Down Came The Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression (Hyperion). The book, a moving and heartfelt account of Shields' battle with postpartum depression, arrived in bookstores on May 3 and is enjoying outstanding advance buzz thanks to positive reviews and a host of national television appearances.

"We want to offer Brooke our heartiest congratulations on the publication of this outstanding book," said Paul B. Manning, president and CEO of Bright Beginnings. "We are proud of our relationship with Brooke from her first days as a new mom. Now we know her courage and candor in sharing her own experiences provide a great measure of support to millions of women who are facing postpartum depression."

In the book, the acclaimed model and actress recounts her first meeting with the Bright Beginnings team, held in New York, only a short time after the birth of her daughter, Rowan. During the meeting, Shields, caught in the throes of postpartum depression, began crying while discussing new motherhood.

According to Shields, the Bright Beginnings executives comforted her and said that breastfeeding is best for babies, but many women choose to supplement using formula or formula-feed exclusively. The representatives suggested she speak with a health-care professional before introducing formula to her daughter. The new mom accepted the role after successfully feeding Rowan Bright Beginnings infant formula with DHA. As spokesperson, Shields continued to breastfeed and supplement with Bright Beginnings formula.

"My association with Bright Beginnings infant formula has been a wonderful experience," said Shields. "Bright Beginnings has been great for my baby."

Dana Marcy
May 5th, 2005, 09:59 PM
I went through something similar to Brooke and I'm very interested in reading her book. If any of you want more info go to this informative site. http://www.4woman.gov/faq/postpartum.htm