PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you had access to a loved ones online accounts?

!<blocparty>!
May 5th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I have a friend who recently split up with their partner because he had been logging into his internet accounts and reading E-mails.

If you were dating someone and had access to their passwords for MSN and WTAworld, would you be at least TEMPTED to look at them?

The poll will be private so please be honest :)

decemberlove
May 5th, 2005, 09:22 PM
i snoop on my boyfriend's email all the time.

if he did it to me, i'd flip out, and we'd prolly break up cos of some of the things i say.

Grachka
May 5th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I would have to say no, purely because my loved ones' emails i had pretty much seen already by reading over her shoulder. They were pretty boring :yawn:

!<blocparty>!
May 5th, 2005, 09:26 PM
If someone did it to me, I'd be pissed, but they'd have to suck up really bad and just spend money on me. I don't use Hotmail for chatting much anyway and rarely PM now.

Reading MSN chat logs would be a different matter altogether, thats where I bitch the most.

I would look at a loved ones account though :o

CondiLicious
May 5th, 2005, 09:28 PM
If my girlfriend did that to me I'd be angry but I'd forgive her in the end :)

PaulieM
May 5th, 2005, 09:33 PM
i'd be tempted, but in the end i probably wouldn't actually do it.

Majo
May 5th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't be angry if it were my lover at that moment, whom i gave my pw spontaneously or sth, because i don't think there's anything secret in it anyway, well not that i know of :scratch:

would be angry though if someone hacked my account, or if someone would just like read the emails taht are in my outlook...

griffin
May 5th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'd be tempted too, but I know how I'd feel if it was done to me, so no, I wouldn't look.

Carolina Girl
May 5th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I don't think I would...what's the point?:shrug:

Cariaoke
May 5th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I know some of the login information but I never check it cuz I trust my boo and respect my baby's privacy.

Da Bizzness
May 5th, 2005, 09:57 PM
i wouldn't mind if my lady looked at my emails...i wouldn't look through hers, unless she gave me permission...lol

daniela86
May 5th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't, I trust my partner :p

BigB08822
May 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Hell yes I would! They wouldn't care all that much if nothing was going on.

I went through my boyfriends cell phone one day and found DAMNING evidence! He is very careful about leaving that laying around now, lol!

F-R-E-A-K
May 5th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Well Gary and I have nothing to hide, so we have a joint MSN account now :kiss:

And sometimes I log into his account and he log's into mine .. No big deal with us :)

Sally Struthers
May 5th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Let me tell you... I am a notorious bathroom medicine cabinet snooper so of course I would look :tape: :o

Dava
May 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Not when I was going out with them, but I mean if they were being real secretive I would be tempted.

I remember my best mate once went through her ex's inbox to see who he was texting and shit...it was funny, but I dont think it did her any good, it just confirmed what she already knew.

nitocris_tiger
May 6th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty free and easy with what I say on WTAworld because of your anonymity and the fact you will prob never meet 99% of people that read this. But of course I made the mistake of showing my ex this message board and now she reads everything I post here which sometimes isn't neccessarily a good thing (in fact she's prob reading this right now! :speakles: )

But I guess the difference is it's on the internet and is public as opposed to checking your private email account which I wouldn't do.
Some things are just meant to be kept private.

Shonami Slam
May 6th, 2005, 01:40 AM
don't do that.
sometimes there are things your partner wants to be private and he/she respects you not to check out.

Barrie_Dude
May 6th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I so do have access. I know she snoops but I am just not interested

Shuji Shuriken
May 6th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Did it before. Found some damning evidence.

JenFan75
May 6th, 2005, 05:58 AM
I'd be tempted but I don't know if I'd actually do it.

Shuji Shuriken
May 7th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Let me tell you something. if you suspect someone is cheating, don't read their email...don't read their text messages...just leave the fucker, cause they are most likely cheating. If this is a man we're dealing with, multiply this by 10. Just put on your skating shoes and get the hell out of that relationship.

Veritas
May 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
No because I can't be bothered :)

sixfeetfree
May 7th, 2005, 10:23 AM
trust? respect? privacy? morality? integrity? ethics? conscience?

I fear for the future...

Joana
May 7th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Perhaps... if I suspected something. Otherwise, I don't think so.

sixfeetfree
May 7th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Let me tell you something. if you suspect someone is cheating, don't read their email...don't read their text messages...just leave the fucker, cause they are most likely cheating. If this is a man we're dealing with, multiply this by 10. Just put on your skating shoes and get the hell out of that relationship.

:lol: wow, so just haul ass out of the relationship if you merely suspect something? Out of curiosity, what mathematical formula did you use to calculate how many more times men are likely to cheat, or in this case, suspected of cheating, as opposed to women? While we're way past the caveman days where man's direct proclivity was to reproduce, I find it somewhat uncomfortable about your generalization, or inference, of men's predilection to cheat... or, maybe I'm just being paranoid about getting caught cheating on my wife AND girlfriend! :unsure: :bolt:

arn
May 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Study showed that most cheaters in a relationship are cought because the partner has been reading the text-messages on a mobile, so the poll should have another result ;)

!<blocparty>!
May 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I always look at peoples messages. But if they tell me not to I wont. I was really bad a couple of years ago and saw my bosses mobile lying around. They'd left it in the shop. Anyway, I was playing on the games and a text came through. They're like 50 and would never have thought they would be able to text. So, I checked the inbox and the first message I read was a DISCUSTING one from his wife (my other boss) about getting down and dirty that night etc etc. I almost died with horror :o

skanky~skanketta
May 7th, 2005, 05:01 PM
where's the "no, i'm just not interested" option?

sarza
May 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I wouldnt do it, and id be so pissed if my partner did that behind my back although nothing to hide so i wouldnt mind like showing or anything, its all about trust :D

!<blocparty>!
May 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
where's the "no, i'm just not interested" option?

I wasnt going to do these silly borderline options, as most people opt for them and the poll results end up looking shite :p

controlfreak
May 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Been there, done that.

I have used all the sneaks in the book to deduce people's passwords and gain unauthorised access to their personal data. I guess I am just naturally curious (or devious).

Anyway, the results were pretty boring and I did feel slightly guilty, so I doubt I will be doing it again for a while.

Knizzle
May 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM
If they gave you the password, then they must not care if you look. If you found out the pass without them knowing then you are dead wrong.

alexusjonesfan
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
troll on their account and get banned