Szymanowski
May 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Labour won :sad:

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2005, 07:28 PM
:( Go Conservatives!

-Kieron-
May 5th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I voted Lib Dems so this news is good :)

Bezz
May 5th, 2005, 07:29 PM
GO LABOUR! :cool:

Grachka
May 5th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Allez Lib Dems! :D

SNP :angel:

CondiLicious
May 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I would be very, very shocked and so would the whole country if Lib Dems beat the Tory's. It's just not gonna happen imo. I voted Lib Dem though :lol:

Szymanowski
May 5th, 2005, 07:44 PM
It would be funny, and probably quite nice if LibDems did beat Labour :p

I voted for an independant candidate

CondiLicious
May 5th, 2005, 07:47 PM
It would be funny, and probably quite nice if LibDems did beat Labour :p

I'd run naked down every high street in the nation if it happened :lol:

Szymanowski
May 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I'll be on every high street in the nation then if it does :p

:lol:

-Kieron-
May 5th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I'll be on every high street in the nation then if it does :p

:lol:

I was just about to write that :lol:

Martian Willow
May 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'm making a list of all the people who've admitted to voting Lib Dem so we know who to put up against the wall first if Labour lose. :)

Pengwin
May 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Wooo swingometer :p

CondiLicious
May 5th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I'm making a list of all the people who've admitted to voting Lib Dem so we know who to put up against the wall first if Labour lose. :)

Um... I voted Labour really. :) :o

creep
May 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM

lol I always knew she had a little book with names in it, come the revolution! :)

I miss "Screaming Lord Sutch!"

rightous
May 5th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Well here's hoping they don't I don't know if the people of Britain could cope with you lot naked;)

CondiLicious
May 5th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I don't know if the people of Britain could cope with you lot naked;)

Good point :lol:

Pengwin
May 5th, 2005, 08:08 PM

Please do. :)

We'll be so mad at them if that happens...

Pengwin
May 5th, 2005, 08:13 PM

Ignorant yank. :wavey:

Read up about section 28 since you're gay

Szymanowski
May 5th, 2005, 08:17 PM
If SelesFan is American, I think you will find their conservative party stand for slightly different principles than ours

raquel
May 5th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I doubt very much if Lib Dems are within reaching distance of Labour. It's possible I guess but they are quite a way behind the Tories, never mind Labour.

I hope Labour wins and I think they probably will. Vote Lib Dem, get Howard (apparently ;))

Halardfan
May 5th, 2005, 09:33 PM
I agree...while I hope the Lib Dems have an improved showing its pretty much impossible they could be anywhere near Labour this time...

As a normally natural Labour voter who voted Lib Dem in the national poll (but stuck with Labour locally), the blame if things wrong for Labour should go to Mr Blair, with his stream of half-truths over Iraq, and his truly vomit inducing relationship with GW Bush.

!<blocparty>!
May 5th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Tories will be second. My sources tell me the Libs are only likely to pick up two seats :awww:

I saw Simon Baynes today (tory cadidate for my area) on the street. He walked up to me and Wyn and was all pushy asking who we were going to vote for. I said to him I'd rot in hell before giving you a tissue nevermind a vote. I felt bad after. oh well.

PaulieM
May 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM
one of my sisters voted for libdems and my other sister voted for labour. i don't know much about british politics so i don't know who i hope wins. :D

!<blocparty>!
May 5th, 2005, 10:46 PM

Don't you like that Rice woman, too?

Bezz
May 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Labour took sunderland south, a safe seat, but with less votes than last time :mad: .I hope they can still hold most of thier seats. :bounce:

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 6th, 2005, 01:42 AM
I'm so excited (am I the only one watching live???) Anyways I voted today and I admit I voted for Conservative!!!!! I am not sure now whether they will win, and at th moment I do not regret my vote!

CondiLicious
May 6th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Well, although it would be nice to pay less taxes (like the Tory's were offering) there's not a hope in hell's chance I'd ever vote for them. I remember what it was like before Labour rescued us in '97!!!

!<blocparty>!
May 6th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Well, although it would be nice to pay less taxes (like the Tory's were offering) t

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! I don't think so ;) Saddam wouldn't do that.

Labour got in, Blair all over the TV. Both Tories and Libs gained seats, but, it wasnt enough :(

andrew_uk
May 6th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Labour won :(

I voted conservative - and the good news is that although they didn't win - they took a good number of seats from labour. In my consticuency - labour won by a margin of 2,000, and conservative's votes had risen whilst labour had dropped a lot. I voted for conservative :) :wavey:

veryborednow
May 6th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Woah, my labour guy won by 307 votes. I feel proud :D

Cons manifesto promise was to PUT UP taxes from what they are now.

Szymanowski
May 6th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I'd run naked down every high street in the nation if it happened :lol:
:sad: now I can't go to the high street :lol:

Paneru
May 6th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry for my ignorance guys but does
this mean more Tony Blair or no?

thx

veryborednow
May 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM

thx
Yes, but only for a little while longer. His party won, but he's stepping down soon.

!<blocparty>!
May 6th, 2005, 04:06 PM

thx

Tony is leader of the Labour party :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM
How many seats did each party specifically gain/lose?

Pengwin
May 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Thank GOD Labour won.

I'm still angry at the 5% who switched to Liberal Democrats.

Martian Willow
May 6th, 2005, 05:33 PM
:)

TheBoiledEgg
May 6th, 2005, 05:33 PM
best news of all
George Galloway is still an MP :banana: :D :)

go tell us how it really is.

Cilla
May 6th, 2005, 05:57 PM
(So far)
Labour lost 47 seats, Cons gained 33, Lib dems gained 11.

Scotso
May 7th, 2005, 04:35 AM
I was hoping the Lib Dems would gain more... but at least the Conservatives aren't in power. Although I don't like Blair (quite the puppet) and I hope he steps down soon.

Halardfan
May 7th, 2005, 08:02 AM
The result was pretty much perfect...if the win had been bigger Blair might have been enboldend to carry on as arrogantly as before, if it had been smaller then the propest of the Tories winning next time would be frightning.

We gave him a kick up the arse, lets hope he takes the hint and steps down soon in favour of Brown.

I did take a risk switching from Labour to Lib Dem but it DID pay off.

DevilishAttitude
May 7th, 2005, 12:40 PM
best news of all
George Galloway is still an MP :banana: :D :)

go tell us how it really is.

Why :confused:

I'd never heard of him till yesterday on Have I Got News For You where he came across has a right twat cos Paxman didn't say what he wanted :tape:

Why's Howard standing down. And what will now happen to Kilroy :haha: :o

Kart
May 7th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Good election result :).

NFFC_FAN
May 7th, 2005, 11:42 PM

I'd never heard of him till yesterday on Have I Got News For You where he came across has a right twat cos Paxman didn't say what he wanted :tape:

As much as I like Paxman, if anyone was the twat it was him for asking such an irrelevant question.

Howard is standing down because he says he is too old to lead the party into the next election. I was surprised to read he's 63!! :eek:

flyingmachine
May 7th, 2005, 11:46 PM
And what will now happen to Kilroy :haha: :o
He's a loser that's the only thing everyone have know about him. :p

!<blocparty>!
May 7th, 2005, 11:47 PM
63 is my lucky number :(

Veritas
May 8th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Funny thing is, everytime I switch on the telly news or read the papers, it always looks as if Bush, Blair, Howard and co. are unpopular and on the verge of a political meltdown because of the whole 'coalition of the willing' thingamajiggy. Yet they're the ones who are winning extra terms in office, thanks to the public (although I read somewhere that around 70% of the Brit public didn't even bother voting in this election...can someone clarify that?).

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 8th, 2005, 03:42 PM
I think 70% did not vote for Blair because turnout was only like 55% and then Blair only won like 40% of that.

Pengwin
May 8th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I like George Galloway but I'm dissapointed that he ousted one of the very few Black women MPs in Oona King (Labour)

Pengwin
May 8th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I think 70% did not vote for Blair because turnout was only like 55% and then Blair only won like 40% of that.

We don't have proportional representation.

Either way if we had a 2-party state like America Blair would have about 60%+ of the vote

TheBoiledEgg
May 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM

never heard of George Galloway ??
dunno why he came down to London to become an MP
he'd been an Labour MP in Glasgow for ages
then the Iraq thingy ............

kudos to George
wish he'd actually gone head to head vs Puppet Blair in his seat.

Martian Willow
May 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM
He went to Bow because he doesn't give a shit about anything except himself and his career, and he knew that would be the best place to exploit racial tension to get in. Shame he kicked out a very good MP in the process.

He's a ****. :)

ClaudiaZ-S
May 8th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Youpi

Pengwin
May 8th, 2005, 05:15 PM
He went to Bow because he doesn't give a shit about anything except himself and his career, and he knew that would be the best place to exploit racial tension to get in. Shame he kicked out a very good MP in the process.

He's a ****. :)

:worship:

Hulet
May 9th, 2005, 12:20 AM
I just saw the clip where Paxman interviews(?) Galloway. Hilarious stuff. I don't know what's the problem with the interviewer. Does he drink on the job or something? Going on about the same question over and over again. Ridiculous.

Anyways, what's the racial stuff this politician was claimed to have exploited?