PDA

View Full Version : Corey Clark is a bitch!!!!

Cam'ron Giles
May 5th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I hope is CD flops...He is one big ole cornball...:rolleyes:

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I always thought he was gay... :confused: And if Paula did help him, which it seems she did, what does it say that he was STILL booted off 2 years ago and he's still not over it. :lol:

Hot 92 Jamz
May 5th, 2005, 01:41 PM
If Paula did have an affair with him then she really needs to sue her pharmacist because only those meds could’ve made her put her career rebirth in jeopardy.

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I don't know the dude , but I have absolutely no respect for anyone who kisses and tells. I mean , I am not condoning what Paula allegedly did, but my goodness-- selling her out now to promote himself is beyond disgusting ..Hopefully the album won't see the light of day :fiery:

griffin
May 5th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Supposedly part of the deal for Primetime to get his interview was that they had to show him singing, and include audio.

He's a dirtbag.

That said, the messages Paula left on his voicemail don't do much for her reputation, either. Lay down with dogs...

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2005, 02:35 PM
If Paula did have an affair with him then she really needs to sue her pharmacist because only those meds could’ve made her put her career rebirth in jeopardy.

You got that right! He's not all that looks-wise! :o

Brooks.
May 5th, 2005, 02:57 PM
He is a total creep.......but i still think paula was wrong for doing what she did......it was funny how she was trying to cover her ass in those phone messages......i really think ai should just get a new female judge for next season.....it would spice it up anyways

harloo
May 5th, 2005, 03:18 PM
He is a total creep.......but i still think paula was wrong for doing what she did......it was funny how she was trying to cover her ass in those phone messages......i really think ai should just get a new female judge for next season.....it would spice it up anyways

Who would they get? I don't think anyone will be able to replacel the teary eyed overly emotional Paula.:lol:

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Who would they get? I don't think anyone will be able to replacel the teary eyed overly emotional Paula.:lol:

We could list tons of "former pop idols" to take her place...and some of them are worthy singers to this day.

Martha Wash :hearts:
Deborah Gibson
Gladys Knight
Taylor Dayne
Cyndi Lauper :worship:

Brooks.
May 5th, 2005, 04:04 PM
We could list tons of "former pop idols" to take her place...and some of them are worthy singers to this day.

Deborah Gibson
Gladys Knight
Taylor Dayne

Cyndi would be great!.........or how about Whitney Houston for a career rejuvenation!........you gotta admit that would be some tv worth watching right there :lol:

XaDavK_Kapri
May 5th, 2005, 04:08 PM
What an as*hole

selking
May 5th, 2005, 04:15 PM
he had such a high pitchd voice

harloo
May 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Deborah Gibson
Gladys Knight
Taylor Dayne

I like Martha Wash, Gladys Knight, Taylor Dayne, and Cyndi Lauper but I'm afraid they probably won't annoy me at times like Paula, and that's not a good thing.:lol:

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I think AI just needs to be done... it's not as if it's hugely successful. I mean aside from the big sellers of Kelly and Clay, nobody has done worth a crap in terms of sales and radio play. Each year's winner keeps scoring lower and lower on the charts.

Brooks.
May 5th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I think AI just needs to be done... it's not as if it's hugely successful. I mean aside from the big sellers of Kelly and Clay, nobody has done worth a crap in terms of sales and radio play. Each year's winner keeps scoring lower and lower on the charts.

but it's fox's only hit .....lol.......they will keep it around as long as they can....it's basically a money making machine for the network and for the 19 entertainment.....the contestants are really being used moreso than anything....if kelly didn't have so many great songs her record label would have dropped her immediately if her second album didnt do well.....most of these contestants are for the sole purpose of making a quick buck and then they are discarded like yesterdays trash

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
but it's fox's only hit .....lol.......they will keep it around as long as they can....it's basically a money making machine for the network and for the 19 entertainment.....the contestants are really being used moreso than anything....if kelly didn't have so many great songs her record label would have dropped her immediately if her second album didnt do well.....most of these contestants are for the sole purpose of making a quick buck and then they are discarded like yesterdays trash
Absolutely... it's not as if any of them are gonna be 'successful' artists, save for maybe 2.

harloo
May 5th, 2005, 04:32 PM

It depends on what stations you listen too, because I have not even heard Clay on the radio at all. Fantasia is played heavily on R&B/Hip Hop stations. Her music is categorized as urban.

Honestly I have not even heard Kelly on the radio often either. However I don't listen to straight pop/alternative stations.

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 04:35 PM
It depends on what stations you listen too, because I have not even heard Clay on the radio at all. Fantasia is played heavily on R&B/Hip Hop stations. Her music is categorized as urban.

Honestly I have not even heard Kelly on the radio often either. However I don't listen to straight pop/alternative stations.
I guess I was meaning sales, moreso than radio since there are a lot of outlets. Kelly sold well, Clay very very well. But Fantasia and Ruben not really.

Cam'ron Giles
May 5th, 2005, 04:36 PM
"Tasia is blowing up on RnB/Hip Hop stations...she is huge...doing shows (where the money really is) and all sorts of stuff...:D

Brooks.
May 5th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I guess I was meaning sales, moreso than radio since there are a lot of outlets. Kelly sold well, Clay very very well. But Fantasia and Ruben not really.

well i definitely think kelly will be around for a while......its quite obvious that she knows a hit when she hears one and she is probably the most talented idol out of all the seasons imo.......and i also think fantasia will be around for a long time.....she is the real deal......but ruben is already an afterthought and clay aiken is just one of those fads like the backstreet boys and the spice girls

Wigglytuff
May 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
about the messages she sounds calm ass hell. particularly when you compare that to how she is on the show? i mean really!!!

and a hole LOT of shit goes on behind the scenes of reality tv shows that she may have been taking about (hell the boardroom and the suite on the Donald's show :p are on the same floor. that elevator shit is just for show).

i dont believe paula had sex with the creep, not even.

Brooks.
May 5th, 2005, 04:47 PM
about the messages she sounds calm ass hell. particularly when you compare that to how she is on the show? i mean really!!!

and a hole LOT of shit goes on behind the scenes of reality tv shows that she may have been taking about (hell the boardroom and the suite on the Donald's show :p are on the same floor. that elevator shit is just for show).

i dont believe paula had sex with the creep, not even.

but why would she call him out of the blue like that if she didnt think she had done something wrong.....i mean come on.....the whole thing is just icky..i mean i highly doubt the producers of the show had any idea she called corey to try and shut him up.....he's shady.....she's shady....there's really no good guy in this situation

harloo
May 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM

fantastia is platinum plus and has 3 hits. Going platinum is good for the R&B market. Rueben did well also, but his second album was gospel which does not sell alot of units as secular music.

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Tasia is 1x Platinum, which is really good - but she only peaked at #8 on the album charts. Not quite what one should expect from an AI winner. I just find it ironic that the highest selling of all is not even a winner, but 2nd place Clay. :haha:

griffin
May 5th, 2005, 05:03 PM
fantastia is platinum plus and has 3 hits. Going platinum is good for the R&B market. Rueben did well also, but his second album was gospel which does not sell alot of units as secular music.

I don't think AI really cares about album sales - as long as people keep watching (and don't think to ask where previous winners are). If they did, they really would rig things to keep certain people in the game.

tennisIlove09
May 5th, 2005, 05:05 PM
i dont even remember him :tape:

Bankhead Bounce
May 5th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Tasia is 1x Platinum, which is really good - but she only peaked at #8 on the album charts. Not quite what one should expect from an AI winner. I just find it ironic that the highest selling of all is not even a winner, but 2nd place Clay. :haha:

Well Tasia would sell a whole lot more if every one of the 50 states had an R&B station. Considering that fact Tasia has kicked some serious ass in sales. :rocker:

Wigglytuff
May 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM
but why would she call him out of the blue like that if she didnt think she had done something wrong.....i mean come on.....the whole thing is just icky..i mean i highly doubt the producers of the show had any idea she called corey to try and shut him up.....he's shady.....she's shady....there's really no good guy in this situation

its shady there is no doubt, but if she was fucking him, he has to produce better than "dont say nothing" i mean look at the messages pat obrien left his errr thing??? and thats why i feel doubt ful,

harloo
May 5th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I don't think AI really cares about album sales - as long as people keep watching (and don't think to ask where previous winners are). If they did, they really would rig things to keep certain people in the game.

Now I will agree with you on that one. When you think about it the show in itself will always be more profitable than any album sales from winners.

Dana Marcy
May 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Corey Clark has no shame. Need we say more? :rolleyes:

Well wasn't it revealing that the all the people that voted Ruben and Fantasia to victory didn't support them once the albums and singles came out? Come on now, there aren't enough black people in the USA to get them that many votes. Once their seasons of AI was over, viewers went back to their lives, listening to the stations they ussually listen to, the stations that don't support Ruben and Fantasia's songs.

StarDuvallGrant
May 5th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Corey Clark has no shame. Need we say more? :rolleyes:

Well wasn't it revealing that the all the people that voted Ruben and Fantasia to victory didn't support them once the albums and singles came out? Come on now, there aren't enough black people in the USA to get them that many votes. Once their seasons of AI was over, viewers went back to their lives, listening to the stations they ussually listen to, the stations that don't support Ruben and Fantasia's songs.

My R&B stations supported both Ruben and especially Fantasia. Fantasia I've seen at awards shows, NAACP for one. Fantasia out of all of them I felt got a lot more respect for her talent and got support too.

Dana Marcy
May 5th, 2005, 10:08 PM
My R&B stations supported both Ruben and especially Fantasia. Fantasia I've seen at awards shows, NAACP for one. Fantasia out of all of them I felt got a lot more respect for her talent and got support too.

As has my R&B station. :D But pop radio has ignored it. I flip to the most commercial pop radio station here and there to listen for Fantasia but they never play her and this station talks about AI all the time!!

Paneru
May 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Just saw and he is a punk ass bitch!

And whomever signed this ass with a pathetic
pre-pubecent voice needs to have their head
examined!

Dawn Marie
May 5th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Well I think one is stupid and the other immature. Now if Paula thought that this 20 something year old guy was going to kiss, screw and keep his mouth shut then she is a woman who is not being "straight up" with reality. Come on here! She is the foolish one. What did she expect Corey to do remain quiet?? This is hollywood man.

Dawn Marie
May 5th, 2005, 11:58 PM
If Simon did this to a 20 year old women people would be ripping Simon apart. She is a grown ass women and if this did occur which I think it did then she is stupid ass woman who made a piss poor ass judgement. Come on Corey aint even cute and he sure can't sing.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 12:29 AM
If Simon did this to a 20 year old women people would be ripping Simon apart. She is a grown ass women and if this did occur which I think it did then she is stupid ass woman who made a piss poor ass judgement. Come on Corey aint even cute and he sure can't sing.

I agree.........i think everyone is feeling pity towards paula b/c this corey creep is using her......but from what i can tell she used him too....i mean to me its quite obvious she crossed the line....and she's the one that initiated it so i dont really feel any sympathy for her.....she should have known better

Cybelle Darkholme
May 6th, 2005, 01:52 AM
how many albums did clay sell?

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 6th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Ruben got HUGE airplay with "Sorry 2004" on R&B stations and I believe it reached #2 on R&B singles. Fantasia's "Truth Is" is played quite a lot on R&B stations as well. Clay sold a lot of albums but his singles did poorly. Kelly has had the most success out of all of them placing 4 songs in the top 10 and two platinum albums. I honestly think Kelly could've made it without the show, she really has that star quality about her, the others I'm not so sure.

F-R-E-A-K
May 6th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Whats a Judge sleeping with a contestant for? :(

Thats unfair! :)

Cybelle Darkholme
May 6th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Some of you act as if AI is a joke and that the winners are nobodies.

Well the fact remains that they may have been unknowns before who might have wound up in dead end jobs but now they are leading the life of their dreams and its thanks to AI.

Kelly
Clay
Fantasia
Reubuen

You know their names they have sold millions of records and are touring and on tv and etc etc..

How is that not success? Are they big name celebrities? No. But how many singers are that big anyway? Not many. They are doing fine compared to the life they might have led.

McAuley
May 6th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Personally I don't fancy Corey's looks but I respect the fact that Paula found him attractive. We all have our preferences but I get the impression from some of you that it would've been acceptable just as long as Corey was handsome. If Paula did help him choose songs and wardrobe then she should be held accountable because she tampered with a competition where she herself was a judge.

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 11:34 AM

Fantasia going platinum is much more impressive than Kelly's success because Fantasia has fewer opportunities in terms of airplay than Kelly. Kelly can be heard on Top 40 formats, "Hits of the 80's, 90's and today" formats geared towards white women at the office as well as Lite-FM stations. Fantasia can only be heard on black radio.

Of the "Idol" contestants", Clay cornered a market that Kelly, Ruben and Fantasia successfully did not-- the 35+ female. That demographic does some downloading but overall, they buy as many CDs as teens, which Clay's sales benefitted from.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Fantasia going platinum is much more impressive than Kelly's success because Fantasia has fewer opportunities in terms of airplay than Kelly. Kelly can be heard on Top 40 formats, "Hits of the 80's, 90's and today" formats geared towards white women at the office as well as Lite-FM stations. Fantasia can only be heard on black radio.

Of the "Idol" contestants", Clay cornered a market that Kelly, Ruben and Fantasia successfully did not-- the 35+ female. That demographic does some downloading but overall, they buy as many CDs as teens, which Clay's sales benefitted from.

Fantasia doesnt just get played on black radio........she is on a mainstream pop station where i live.....i think that her music is a mixture of pop and r&b which tends to to well on mainstream radio.....plus people like 50 cent dont just get played on black radio......its all about the quality of the songs.....if you have a good song it will get played on many many stations

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Fantasia doesnt just get played on black radio........she is on a mainstream pop station where i live.....i think that her music is a mixture of pop and r&b which tends to to well on mainstream radio

Fantasia’s peak position with “Truth Is” on Top 40 radio is Number 21. While that shows some airplay on mainstream radio, it’s not very good for a song that is very popular on R&B radio. While Top 40 radio plays “Truth Is” on occasion, the song isn't played 24/7 like something from 50 cent or Maroon 5.

.....plus people like 50 cent dont just get played on black radio......its all about the quality of the songs.....if you have a good song it will get played on many many stations

I completely disagree! Jill Scott, Musiq, Maxwell, just for starters, all have recorded GREAT songs but mainstream ignores them like the plague.

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Pop 100 Airplay
Top 50 Positions /Issue Date: May 14, 2005
This
Week Last
week Weeks
on chart "Title," Artist
Imprint | Catalog No. | Promotion Label

Peak
Position
1 1 24 Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson 2

2 3 8 Hollaback Girl, Gwen Stefani

3 2 15 Obsession (No Es Amor), Frankie J Feat. Baby Bash

4 4 14 Karma, Alicia Keys

5 8 10 Lonely, Akon

6 6 17 Disco Inferno, 50 Cent

7 7 20 Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Green Day

8 11 12 Let Me Go, 3 Doors Down

9 5 12 Candy Shop, 50 Cent Featuring Olivia

10 19 5 Behind These Hazel Eyes, Kelly Clarkson

11 9 19 Caught Up, Usher

12 17 11 Switch, Will Smith

13 13 5 Incomplete, Backstreet Boys

14 12 11 Mr. Brightside, The Killers

15 15 8 Hate It Or Love It, The Game Featuring 50 Cent

16 10 21 Rich Girl, Gwen Stefani Feat. Eve

17 18 10 Sugar (Gimme Some), Trick Daddy

18 21 4 Don't Phunk With My Heart, The Black Eyed Peas

19 14 13 Goin' Crazy, Natalie

20 16 27 1, 2 Step, Ciara 2

21 22 12 Lonely No More, Rob Thomas

22 20 25 Let Me Love You, Mario

23 24 9 Collide, Howie Day

24 27 6 Scars, Papa Roach

25 23 26 Beautiful Soul, Jesse McCartney

26 25 20 Mockingbird, Eminem

27 30 6 Baby I'm Back, Baby Bash Featuring Akon

28 42 3 We Belong Together, Mariah Carey

29 33 3 Don't Cha, The Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes

30 26 15 How We Do, The Game Featuring 50 Cent

31 31 6 Girl, Destiny's Child

32 28 12 Almost, Bowling For Soup

33 37 4 She's No You, Jesse McCartney

34 46 2 Oh, Ciara Featuring Ludacris

35 36 8 Chariot, Gavin DeGraw

36 38 5 1 Thing, Amerie

37 32 23 Numb/Encore, Jay-Z/Linkin Park

38 35 27 True, Ryan Cabrera

39 34 24 Soldier, Destiny's Child Feat. T.I. & Lil Wayne

40 29 9 O, Omarion

41 41 14 It's Like That, Mariah Carey

42 43 4 Some Cut, Trillville Featuring Cutty

43 39 12 Look What You've Done, Jet

44 45 3 Okay, Nivea Featuring Lil Jon & YoungBloodZ

45 47 42 Untitled (How Can This Happen To Me?), Simple Plan

46 - 1 Just A Lil Bit, 50 Cent

47 50 2 Hold You Down (Spring Mix), Jennifer Lopez Featuring Fat Joe

48 44 11 Hold You Down, Jennifer Lopez Featuring Fat Joe

49 49 2 Cold, Crossfade

50 48 20 Sunday Morning, Maroon5

SelesFan70
May 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM
The top 40 station here (G105) doesn't even play Mariah's new stuff. :mad: I've not heard Fantasia on the R&B station that I listen to on occasion, but they may play her on one of the other ones. The local adult contemporary play Kelly and Clay all the time.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Fantasia’s peak position with “Truth Is” on Top 40 radio is Number 21. While that shows some airplay on mainstream radio, it’s not very good for a song that is very popular on R&B radio. While Top 40 radio plays “Truth Is” on occasion, the song isn't played 24/7 like something from 50 cent or Maroon 5.

I completely disagree! Jill Scott, Musiq, Maxwell, just for starters, all have recorded GREAT songs but mainstream ignores them like the plague.

but for every maxwell, jill scott, musiq.........there is an alicia keys, usher, ciara.......like in all genres of music some artists are more successful than others on the radio....

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
The local adult contemporary play Kelly and Clay all the time.

AC radio is a strong market for Kelly and Clay. Ruben and Fantasia don’t fit the criteria of their playlists so they lose out on exposure to the mainstream, 35+ female demographic.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
AC radio is a strong market for Kelly and Clay. Ruben and Fantasia don’t fit the criteria of their playlists so they lose out on exposure to the mainstream, 35+ female demographic.

Ruben is very similar to Luther Vandross..and i am positive that a large number of luther's fan base is 35+ female........im not saying that everyone is gonna play or like fantasia and ruben......but certainly their genre of music doesnt hold them back all that much.....all types of genres of music can be successful on mainstream radio......as i said before.....its the quality of the songs and whether that is what people are into at the moment

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 01:26 PM
The top 40 station here (G105) doesn't even play Mariah's new stuff. :mad: I've not heard Fantasia on the R&B station that I listen to on occasion, but they may play her on one of the other ones.

Fantasia is #11 on your area's K975'S playlist.

http://www.k975.com/playlist.asp

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 01:29 PM
but for every maxwell, jill scott, musiq.........there is an alicia keys, usher, ciara.......like in all genres of music some artists are more successful than others on the radio....

I understand that but you said in your last post:

Fantasia doesnt just get played on black radio........she is on a mainstream pop station where i live.....i think that her music is a mixture of pop and r&b which tends to to well on mainstream radio.....plus people like 50 cent dont just get played on black radio......its all about the quality of the songs.....if you have a good song it will get played on many many stations

Maxwell, Jill Scott and Musiq have GOOD songs but they do NOT get played on "many many stations". Why is that???

Hot 92 Jamz
May 6th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Ruben is very similar to Luther Vandross..and i am positive that a large number of luther's fan base is 35+ female........im not saying that everyone is gonna play or like fantasia and ruben......but certainly their genre of music doesnt hold them back all that much.....

It doesn't hold them back but it limits them at times. Tune to your mainstream stations, not just the Top 40 ones, and listen for a couple of hours and see if you hear Ruben or Fantasia. If you need help, tell me your city and I'll give you the mainstream stations to listen to so you can see my point.

all types of genres of music can be successful on mainstream radio......as i said before.....its the quality of the songs and whether that is what people are into at the moment

While that is true about the genres of music, the discussion here was about the success of Kelly & Clay vs. the success of Ruben & Fantasia. My contention is that Ruben & Fantasia should be commended for going platinum because it was a lot harder for them than it was for Kelly & Clay.

If the chart success was based on QUALITY OF SONG as you say, half of the chart toppers would be on the unemployment line.

Brooks.
May 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM
It doesn't hold them back but it limits them at times. Tune to your mainstream stations, not just the Top 40 ones, and listen for a couple of hours and see if you hear Ruben or Fantasia. If you need help, tell me your city and I'll give you the mainstream stations to listen to so you can see my point.

While that is true about the genres of music, the discussion here was about the success of Kelly & Clay vs. the success of Ruben & Fantasia. My contention is that Ruben & Fantasia should be commended for going platinum because it was a lot harder for them than it was for Kelly & Clay.

If the chart success was based on QUALITY OF SONG as you say, half of the chart toppers would be on the unemployment line.

i get what your saying and you have a good point......it was a lot easier for kelly and clay to gain more radio play......hopefully though as fantasia's career continues mainstream will start to play her more and more

kiwifan
May 6th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I just heard him on Howard Stern. :haha:

He gave up the goods...pretty funny kid.

I don't like American Idol (crooks preying on idiots with "talent"), don't watch it, don't care about it...

...but its good to know Paula Abdul's...

...uh vital information. :devil: