PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are people riding Venus off too QUICKLY?

patience05
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:22 PM
I am fumming mad :fiery: right now, it seems like everybody is riding Venus off this year becuase she lost to Serena in the Nasdaq Semis. Everybody knows that Venus doesen't always show up to her matches mentaly and she struggled during the whole tournament. Beleive me I love Serena too but I still think Venus may be the stronger of the two, becuase she has the mental toughness that Serena is just now developing. Like she said tennis is not her life, she has other things going.

Every grand slam would be a Williams final if they didn't put them on them on the same side of the draw every time, to protect Capriatti's sorry behind. Who hasn't faced anybody tough on her side of the bracket in the past two years. With the exception of Monica and sometimes Kim.

This is still going to be a great year for Venus and Serena but I take Venus as player of the year.
:wavey:

Infiniti2001
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:18 PM
It's NOT only you... I am shocked myself-- then again I shouldn't be surprised... Two weeks ago everyone was jumping on Daniela Hantuchova's bandwagon... Trust me, it's just a phase... I can't wait for Venus to go on her tear again :P :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

QueenO
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't say riding off Venus. Moreso getting on the Serena bandwagon or hantuchova which is fine. Venus will show up at the "big shows" we all know that. I think it's kind of good not having the lime light not on Venus. She can regroup and kick some butt. :kiss:

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Of course it's too early to write Venus off. She must still be the favourite for every tournament she enters. She was devastating in Paris and Antwerp. I don't know what's happened since to make her struggle. Is it something mental or just the chronic aches and pains she seems to suffer?

moon
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:04 AM
she lost to Testud because there was something wrong with her leg or something during the match. She continued to play, but from that point on she was probably outplayed by Sandrine. Of course people would have you believe that nothing was wrong with her, but that is what really happened. As far as Miami goes, she had one bad tournament, she can't win everything.

Besides, when haven't people when writing off Venus? Somebody's always looking for a chink in the armor.

Williams Rulez
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:57 AM
I dunno what's wrong with Venus... she is just having many weird loses... :fiery:

Oh well, the first part of the year is not her time... she'll bounce back and everyone will be bouncing on her bandwagon again :)

Deira
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Writing Venus off ... someone must be crazy!!!
There's no ink in that pen and no lead in that pencil that could make Venus be written off!!! The wall is clean, there is NO handwriting on it :kiss:

bmomomax
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Patience:

If what you're referring to are the threads on the general message boards - I think that's more a case of folks trying to get back at Williams' fans for asking if Martina is washed up (in so many words). They took this as a golden opportunity to ruffle some feathers.

On the other hand, for the folks that have been rooting for Serena all this time, they are ecstatic because it seems that she has finally gotten past that mental block of "Big Sis".

Good for Serena. I wish her much success. But I don't for a minute think that Serena is as tough to beat as Venus is. One match does not make it so.

patience05
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:10 PM
I agree with you I really didn't think of it that way. When I think about it now most people who don't like her are those people who aren't fans of either sister. And washed up communtators who want something bad to find something bad to say about Venus.

marshmellow
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:35 AM
i wouldn't worry about it. no one i talk to is writing venus off...

if she's struggling in some matches, she'd have her game turned around and up by grass season...

Becool
Apr 7th, 2002, 12:54 AM
I think this is ridiculous..

Another proof that Serena doesn't have that importance for some people in this board..

When Serena sttrugles to win her matches no one post anything about "Why is Serena being writting off now?"... Even when she loses badly to Venus..

But when Venus loses badly to Serena is cause is something really really bad.. And then everyone thinks Venus is playing bad.. No one believes Serena can really defeat Venus with some kind of easyness.. :rolleyes:

Well this day happend, and Serena is really showing her best tennis ever! And now the time for Venus really fear Serena seems to be arriving each time they play.. She said she never entered at her game in their match... Serena also didn't at US Open and no one said nothing about it...

Everyone said Venus played marvelous but forgot that in the other side, existed a player who was doing stupid and childish errors.. Same thing happend in Miami, and all fans like usual, noted on Venus errors like she was a perfect player :rolleyes:

Well I really love Venus, but it's time for some people to know that is not always that Serena will lose to Venus and is not always that Venus will lose to Serena! Like they say, one time one of them wins, and one of them loses...

And some people needs to realize that :o

LucasArg
Apr 7th, 2002, 07:18 AM
QueenLindsay just started a thread in Amelia Island saying Venus won't win:rolleyes:

But you know, Venus and Serena has a lot of enemies, and I am used to that.

The important thing is I do know Venus and Serena are the best players right now. That's enough for me:D