PDA

View Full Version : Accent discrimination!

Grachka
May 5th, 2005, 08:09 AM
OK, i just had to call my bank (from Russia, to boot!) because they wanted to check I was OK.

So I called up, and I was put through to the headquarters in England, and as I was explaining my problem, the woman cut me off, complained that she couldn't understand a word I was saying :shout: and then told me to "call someone that knows what you are talking about" :fiery:

Some people are just arses :fiery: :rolleyes: :p

Pdm1987
May 5th, 2005, 08:23 AM
OK, i just had to call my bank (from Russia, to boot!) because they wanted to check I was OK.

So I called up, and I was put through to the headquarters in England, and as I was explaining my problem, the woman cut me off, complained that she couldn't understand a word I was saying :shout: and then told me to "call someone that knows what you are talking about" :fiery:

Some people are just arses :fiery: :rolleyes: :p

You should learn to talk properly then, like us English (preferably with a West Midlands accent ;) It just sounds better) ;) :p It's the woman I feel sorry for, I mean, it must have been a real struggle for her to try to understand any Scottish accent (it sounds like a foreign language compared to lovely English :)) no wonder she cut you off :p

Grachka
May 5th, 2005, 08:28 AM
You should learn to talk properly then, like us English (preferably with a West Midlands accent ;) It just sounds better ;) :p It's the woman I feel sorry for, I mean, it must have been a real struggle for her to try to understand any Scottish accent (it sounds like a foreign language compared to lovely English :)) no wonder she cut you off :p
Oi! Shut it you! :p I can barely understand you :rolleyes: