PDA

View Full Version : Whats stuff do you need for a world tour?

Philbo
May 5th, 2005, 03:36 AM
So Im 2.5 weeks away from the start of my world trip and I have a load of mates wanting to buy me a going away gift and Im out of ideas as to what I need etc..

Ive already gotten an MP3 player, digital camera, brand new suitcase, reading light, maps etc, lonely planet guides, travel diary.. thats about it..

I feel like Im forgetting stuff I will need.. Also work will all put in and buy me something pretty big but I jsut dont know what to tell them I want..

Can anyone help me out with ideas?

nitocris_tiger
May 5th, 2005, 03:44 AM
My advice is don't get anything else! If you're travelling around the world you want to be carrying the LEAST amount possible.

PaulieM
May 5th, 2005, 03:48 AM
lots of money so you can buy all kinds of cool stuff to remind you of your trip. :D

SM
May 5th, 2005, 06:12 AM
tennis raquet ;) lol

actually, ive taken raquets with rad when we have been on small holidays like Melbourne and stuff. we go out clubbing till about 7 am and usually end up on the tennis courts at about 9am the next day ready for a match :o....but we arent normal...

decemberlove
May 5th, 2005, 06:14 AM
get a lil travel first aid kit.

matthias
May 5th, 2005, 06:28 AM
:lol: im also always afraid to forgetting some important stuff

Andy_
May 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM
They could get you something like a nice notebook where you can keep a diary of your world trip... not that you will have to write something every snigle day, but you soon realize, when you're on a long holiday, that it's like to make some notes of what you do/see/experience/feel, coz it's a nice way of storing memories away :D

rightous
May 5th, 2005, 09:50 AM
As tiger said bring the least amount possible, I swear after about a week into my travels I was like 'Why Did I bring this?', trust me less is more

propi
May 5th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Try to get (if you're allowed :o) any student or young card... that should make the price of museums et al. cheaper :)
Be sure your mobile phone if so, works fine as there're some mobiles that don't work in other continets...
An international adaptator for the plugs and some batteries... :o

rightous
May 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I found that just buying SIM cards in the country is a cheaper option as well

Hot 92 Jamz
May 5th, 2005, 01:38 PM
____ insect repellent
____ suntan lotion
____ flashlight and extra batteries
____ candles and matches
____ water bottle
____ notebook or journal
____ small backpack for day use
____ camera and extra film

____ strong, comfortable walking shoes
____ sandals
____ long sleeve shirt, light sweater, or jacket for cool evenings
____ shirts, socks, trousers, underwear
____ visored hat or cap
____ rain gear (rain jacket, umbrella, hat, etc.)
____ aloe vera gel or after-sun products
____ toothbrush and toothpaste
____ soap and shampoo

*Jool*
May 5th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Pff all these ppl teasing with their trip over the world...My cousin and his wife just came back in january after a one year trip over the world ...
One piece of advice: don't carry too many things/bags but I'm sure you already know that...
What countries are you to visit ?
:wavey: