PDA

View Full Version : New Oasis Album Dont Believe the Truth Out On Itunes

bergkamp2004
May 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM
dont beleieve the truth has been released on the german version of itunes.

Trust me - it is amazing

keep the dream alive, let there be love and the importance of being idle are mindblowing.

has anyone else got the album and what do you think of it

oasis are back on form

Beefy
May 5th, 2005, 12:28 AM
I haven't got it yet, will get in when it comes out. Love the new single

bergkamp2004
May 5th, 2005, 09:33 AM
unfortunateky itunes made a mistake by releasing it early

it got taken off itunes yesterday

the album is a cross between definitely maybe and morning glory
pure class

fifiricci
May 5th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Sorry to spoil the love in, but their latest stuff sounds repetitive and old hat to me. They are starting to look and sound distinctly dated. And it looks like the music critic in the Independent agrees with me today!:

"Even in their prime they seemed like a museum piece and their museum like quality increases each time they contrive a come back. They are now doomed to forever recycle themselves and their own corase recyclying of rock history.........."

Avid Merrion
May 5th, 2005, 10:00 AM
the album is a cross between definitely maybe and morning glory
so nothing new then? :p

Ryan
May 5th, 2005, 01:47 PM
I love their new single "Lyla", I hope the rest of the album is as awesome! When does it come out by the way, anytime soon?

Hot 92 Jamz
May 5th, 2005, 02:24 PM
dont beleieve the truth has been released on the german version of itunes.

Trust me - it is amazing

keep the dream alive, let there be love and the importance of being idle are mindblowing.

has anyone else got the album and what do you think of it

oasis are back on form

Is the new CD getting a lot of airplay on UK radio? I like "Lyla". :)

bergkamp2004
May 6th, 2005, 01:53 AM
what do you mean nothing new - morning glory and definitely maybe are 2 brilliant albums. if the new one sounds like those 2 then great. so far the reviews have been very encouraging as radio dj's and newspaper columnists have said the album is great and that some of the songs will blow u away. some have even said that the album is not oasis like and will appeal to oasis and non oasis fans.

why change a winning formular

i read the article in the independant and that journalist is a dick head who knows nothing about music

the majority of todays bands are rubbish such as franz ferdinand, razorlight, the bravery, bloc party, keane etc

the only supergroups left are Oasis, U2 and soon to be added to the list coldplay if the 3rd album is any good.

the only good new bands are the killers and kasabian who make music based on older influences.

theres no point making crap music which goes at 1000mph.

oasis have there own great style - they should change for no one. A few of the new songs are different anyway as noel has not written all of them.

if u want to listen to a different oasis style listen to standing on the shoulder of giants.

by the way lyla is released in the uk on may16

the album should be released worldwide on may 30/31 2005.

Oasis - Band of 2005

oasis are not for people who read the independant

they are for real people not 'independant' posh gits who listen to shit like radiohead, pink floyd and katie melua

if u listen to the samples of the songs off itunes they are great

keep the dream alive sounds like a U2 style song

bergkamp2004
May 7th, 2005, 02:28 AM
oasis and coldplay are headlining a festival in austin texas in september.

and people say oasis have not cracked the usa

SpikeyAidanm
May 7th, 2005, 02:31 AM
I've just recently heard of this band thru the OC, and I love one of their songs lol, maybe I should listento more.

alexusjonesfan
May 7th, 2005, 03:18 AM
I've just recently heard of this band thru the OC, and I love one of their songs lol, maybe I should listento more.

wow, I remember when people used to look down on you for not listening to Oasis :p and look at them now :lol:

did that sound too bitter? :o

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 08:29 PM
all u oasis doubters may laugh now

but seriously the next album is pure class. I have heard snippets of all the songs and bloody hell some of them dont even sound like oasis which is quite a good thing for this album.

For new oasis fans check out the LP's definitely maybe and whats the story morning glory. Im sure after those two you will be hooked.

the key songs on the new album dont believe the truth are

Guess god thinks im able - 10/10

let there be love - 10/10

the importance of being idle - 9/10

keep the dream alive 8/10

love like a bomb - 8/10

a bell will ring 7/10

lyla 6.5/10 - its a good song but they could have released the other ones as a comeback single instead.

meaning of soul - 6/10

there a few other tracks but they did not stand out for me on the 30 seconds or so i heard. But 8 great tracks on an album is not bad.

Kart
May 8th, 2005, 08:32 PM
so nothing new then? :p

:lol:

I didn't realise Oasis had any fans left.

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 08:38 PM
well when you've just sold nearly 1 million tickets for concerts in the uk and the usa i guess you could say that oasis are finished -

:retard: :hehehe:

Kart
May 8th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I never said they were finished :yawn:.

Still, it's a brave bunch of people that bought those tickets - I wouldn't risk my money on them playing a tour without fighting with each other and giving up midway like both brothers have done before.

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM
thats true - but if they turn up and perform then it will be an experience of a lifetime with a band like oasis playing songs from the back catalogue they have.

hey kart if u have itunes listen to the samples of the new oasis songs.

it a true return to form. Not the 4 or 5 good songs on an album then just fillers like on heathen chemistry and standing on the shoulder...

the album will be a classic

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM
i guess the truth hurts

Avid Merrion
May 8th, 2005, 09:08 PM
:lol: calm down bergkamp. i admire your dedication in spreading the word about Oasis.
tell me, do Liam and Noel pay you well for your tireless efforts?

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 09:12 PM
yep - £4.50 an hour

20 hours spread over 5 days a week

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 09:16 PM
in terms of bands who continually produce good albums there are very few out there.
i mean a band who has 3 consecutive good albums or so.
Some bands have one good album and think they are the beatles.

travis were a good band but they have disappeared
so have blur

radiohead seem washed up to.

i know i am only mentioning british bands as they are far superir to usa bands.

Avid Merrion
May 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM
yep - £4.50 an hour

20 hours spread over 5 days a week
is that all you get? shame, you should ask for more. your evangelical spreading of the word should really be better rewarded :lol:

alexusjonesfan
May 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
what are you, like an internet canvasser? :haha:

bergkamp2004
May 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
anyone who doesnt like oasis doesnt deserve ears

selking
May 8th, 2005, 10:54 PM
oasis is

bergkamp2004
May 9th, 2005, 06:02 PM
mad for it