PDA

View Full Version : Spasibo Russia

tennisjam
May 4th, 2005, 08:22 PM
...just want to thank russian people who freed Europe 60 years agohttp://127.0.0.1:1027/bug.cgi

...to the 20 000 000 human lives that stopped the horror and to all the others that survived one another terrible period during the years to come, against all odds...

Zdravstvuj, Krasnaya Russiahttp://127.0.0.1:1027/bug.cgi

Grachka
May 4th, 2005, 08:36 PM
S' dnem pobedi vsem! :D :D :D :D

Lady
May 4th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Russia celebrates Denj Pobedi at May 9th! ;)
So wait a little! :dance:

Off course, judging by US movies, you'd think it's their who won us this war! :p

Grachka
May 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Russia celebrates Denj Pobedi at May 9th! ;)
So wait a little! :dance:

Off course, judging by US movies, you'd think it's their who won us this war! :p
Moral of the story: Don't watch US movies :p

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
May 4th, 2005, 09:01 PM
and yea lets wait till may 9th!

THEN WE OPEN THE CHAMPAGNE AND CELEBRATE :drool:

i neva drink :angel: too much :angel: but on 9th i prob. will

russia forever

kiwifan
May 4th, 2005, 09:02 PM

Even in moment of celebration the inferiority complex rears its ugly head. :dance:

Freed Europe from what?

Not from Stalin :)

cellophane
May 4th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I don't think a few Baltic nations would feel that way about Russia.

kiwifan
May 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM

Thank you for stating my point in a much more eloquent manner. :worship:

I went to law school with a Latvian fella who would agree with you, in a manner most hostile. :devil: :tape:

cellophane
May 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM

I mean, they actually don't. I just read about in the paper yesterday. I think they refused to participate in the celebration.

Pszczelny
May 4th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Thank you Russia for aggression (with Hitler's Germany) on Poland. For almost 50 years of occupation. For systematic killing of Poles. Thank you very much. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

cellophane
May 4th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Thank you Russia for aggression (with Hitler's Germany) on Poland. For almost 50 years of occupation. For systematic killing of Poles. Thank you very much. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

I've read that Kwasniewski is pushing Putin for an apology.

Pszczelny
May 4th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Russia pleads not guilty so they think there is no reason to apoligize. :rolleyes: Kwasniewski should not go to Russia on May 9th :fiery:

tennisjam
May 5th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I am not considering politics but those 20 000 000 human lives lost for freedom, against horror...

what followed is another story...

these thanks go to the russian people ( whose statesmen often lacked of the true russian spirit, but that too is another story...)

Giuliano
May 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Strategically speaking, Russia might not have had another choice after the end of the War (and I'm not condoning what Stalin did).

ys
May 5th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Thank you for stating my point in a much more eloquent manner. :worship:

I went to law school with a Latvian fella who would agree with you, in a manner most hostile. :devil: :tape:

True to the extent of being the opposite.. It was Latvians who are majorly responsible for bringing the horrors of communism to Russia.. It was a Latvian named Jacob ( Jan ) Peters who was one of the biggest murderers of revolution. It was, in fact, Letts and Poles who have built the organization that we know as KGB ( VChK, NKVD ). It was the divisions of Red Lettish sharp-shooters who formed the striking force of Russian communist revolution at its early stages. Live alone the fact that many Latvians fought on German side in WWII. Russians have their own scores with Latvians.. It's just that we tend to forgive what happened back in history, while those guys tend to exploit the history.

At this point .. it does not matter.. Only complete idiots .. like your "Latvian friend" .. who can hold any grudge 70 year later to people 90% of which haven't even been born back then..

ys
May 5th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I am not considering politics but those 20 000 000 human lives lost for freedom, against horror...

what followed is another story...

these thanks go to the russian people ( whose statesmen often lacked of the true russian spirit, but that too is another story...)

Exactly.. 20,000,000 people lost their lives for what they thought was a noble cause .. which it was .. and it's not those people fault that the Georgians named Stalin and Beria ( yes, Georgians, Russian people could find some scores with you too ) who had something other than liberation in mind. Those 20,000,000 died to liberate. It was them who ended the functioning of Auschwitz and Majdanek. Not someone else.

tennisjam
May 6th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Even if the celebration day is on May 9th, this kind of celebration deserves to start earlier... :)

Pszczelny
May 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
:o
i won't comment this anymore
:tape:

ys
May 6th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Even if the celebration day is on May 9th, this kind of celebration deserves to start earlier... :)

In Russia it has never been a real day of celebration. It is rather a memorial day. A day to remember those who fell, a day to pay tributes to few still remaining veterans. It is a day to remember ground-leveled Stalingrad and incomparable Leningrad's tragedy. A day to remember 20+ million lives of Soviet people, 6 millions of Jews, almost 4 millions of Germans, who died - yes - fighting for what they thought was their country's right cause - and it was not their choice and not their fault that the cause turned out to be wrong. Just a day to remember. Of course some headless chicken with their own little political agenda will be trying to seek the attention again.. Who cares..

tennisjam
May 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM
...agree with you that it is more memory than celebration...with so many lost lives under horrible conditions, it seems rather difficult to be in a celebrating mood...

...still, when it comes to the "cause" of German people back then, my opinion is much more severe then yours so I can't put their losts at the same level of compassion...

...and when it comes to the politics, it will always be sticked to its "subjectivness", so indeed, who cares...

flyingmachine
May 6th, 2005, 11:23 PM
In Russia it has never been a real day of celebration. It is rather a memorial day. A day to remember those who fell, a day to pay tributes to few still remaining veterans. It is a day to remember ground-leveled Stalingrad and incomparable Leningrad's tragedy. A day to remember 20+ million lives of Soviet people, 6 millions of Jews, almost 4 millions of Germans, who died - yes - fighting for what they thought was their country's right cause - and it was not their choice and not their fault that the cause turned out to be wrong. Just a day to remember. Of course some headless chicken with their own little political agenda will be trying to seek the attention again.. Who cares..
Yes I'm agree with you that this is should be a day of rememberence rather than a day of celebration.

tennisjam
May 8th, 2005, 09:17 PM
...hope that tomorrow's memory day at Moscow won't be just one of those "political show meetings" but a real demonstration of respect for those who faught for freedom...

Lady
May 8th, 2005, 10:37 PM

That is so right!

And btw, I'm Russian, not Latvian, just to clarify!
And I'm usually having a great fun at US movies creating their own history! :lol:

Lady
May 8th, 2005, 10:37 PM
...hope that tomorrow's memory day at Moscow won't be just one of those "political show meetings" but a real demonstration of respect for those who faught for freedom...

There's usually demonstration every year!

Martian Jeza
May 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Zdradshko.