PDA

View Full Version : Colin Farrell Fails to Seduce 70 Year Old British Actress

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
:haha:

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/18349575?source=Evening%20Standard&ct=5

Farrell's failed seduction
By Henry Meller, Daily Mail
4 May 2005
At the age of 70 she may have thought her days of being romanced by Hollywood heart-throbs were behind her.

But Dame Eileen Atkins says Colin Farrell - some 42 years her junior - spent more than two hours trying to seduce her.

Dame Eileen, one of the creators of the classic television series Upstairs Downstairs, revealed in an interview yesterday that she was propositioned by the actor just a few months ago.

Asked about her sex life on the ITV chat show Loose Women, she said: 'I was doing a movie and three weeks before my 70th birthday, a simply stunningly gorgeous big film star aged 28 years old, came into my hotel room for sex without strings. :devil:

'I spent two and a half hours saying No. But it was pure bliss and it made me sail through my 70th birthday without a care in the world.'

Asked whether she was tempted, she said: 'Of course I was!' :lol:

She told how she followed the advice of another respected British actress, her friend Sian Phillips, and kept saying 'this is deeply inappropriate'.
Dame Eileen added: 'It cheered me up fantastically. I said No in the end because he said, "The reason you won't do it is because your body isn't as good as it was when you were young isn't it? That's why you're saying No. I don't care about that. I don't care".

'But I'm too proud of how I looked when I was younger. My body is still the same weight, but it's all distributed in a different way!' The actress, who was made a Dame in June 2001, intended to spare Mr Farrell the embarrassment of having his rejection made public.

But her agent said later: 'I can confirm that it is Colin Farrell that made an advance.' :eek:

Dame Eileen and Farrell will be seen together in the film Ask The Dust, which is due for release later this year.

Quite what Dame Eileen's second husband, film producer Bill Shephard makes of the incident is unknown. Her spokesman added: 'As far as I know they are
happily married.'

Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Demi Moore and Naomi Campbell are among the women said to have fallen for Farrell, star of the epic flop Alexander.

Dame Eileen has pursued a distinguished career on TV, stage and screen. Her recent movies include Cold Mountain, Gosford Park and Vanity Fair.

exoneuk
May 4th, 2005, 05:02 PM
LOL!!!!! Oh Colin you are a one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha:

BigB08822
May 4th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Oh God, I wish he would come in my room and offer sex!

cynicole
May 4th, 2005, 07:32 PM
LMAO

Nice to know what Colin Farrell doesn't have anything against the old folks. (Too bad he can't act.)

Re: Eileen Atkins: I have this book which is a collection of interviews with British actors all arranged in alphabetical order and I felt so disappointed with the book because after reading Atkins's interview, all the rest were exceedingly boring. The woman's hilarious.

Justin
May 5th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Whatever happened to that movie where Colin showed his schlong? :devil:

darren cahill
May 5th, 2005, 03:30 AM
why does Colin have to resort to anyone else when he has me to service his every need and every body part??:p has he NOT read my profile? :tape:

about the movie that showed his cock(:o )...it was cut out of the movie when the director 'claimed' it was too distracting, this from a test audience i believe. i dont know how much of that was true or myth?! LOL

but the movie was incredible. loved every minute of it and for some reason it really really touched me. It stayed with me for days and days afterwards. i hadnt had that happen in a long time. i also have to admit i cried like an ass, i think i scared some of the people in the theater! LOL...i still to this day cant figure out what moved or touched me so much, it just did. and someone said he couldnt act? well see this movie, he was very good in it

Wannabeknowitall
May 5th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Maybe if it was Orlando Bloom she might have said yes. If she don't want him then I'll take him. Shyt.

~ The Leopard ~
May 5th, 2005, 05:12 AM
What's so "inappropriate" about it? What does that word mean, anyway? I see people use it all the time, but it just seems to mean, "I can't actually identify anything specifically wrong with this, at least nothing that I'm prepared to express directly :scratch: , so I'll label it with this prissy, imprecise, almost meaningless, word."

I mean, if you think something is morally wrong, or if you just plain don't want to do it, say why. Either that, or just don't do it and keep your peace (you don't have to explain every decision you make). But it's no good saying that two adults shouldn't have sex because they happen to be of different ages, or races, or sexes, or something. If she meant that her marriage is not an open one, so she wasn't prepared to fuck someone from outside it, why not say exactly that?

If it means anything, "inappropriate" is like a girl choosing green shoes when she's just put on blue toenail polish ... or something. So what?

decemberlove
May 5th, 2005, 05:56 AM
What's so "inappropriate" about it? What does that word mean, anyway? I see people use it all the time, but it just seems to mean, "I can't actually identify anything specifically wrong with this, at least nothing that I'm prepared to express directly :scratch: , so I'll label it with this prissy, imprecise, almost meaningless, word."

I mean, if you think something is morally wrong, or if you just plain don't want to do it, say why. Either that, or just don't do it and keep your peace (you don't have to explain every decision you make). But it's no good saying that two adults shouldn't have sex because they happen to be of different ages, or races, or sexes, or something. If she meant that her marriage is not an open one, so she wasn't prepared to fuck someone from outside it, why not say exactly that?

If it means anything, "inappropriate" is like a girl choosing green shoes when she's just put on blue toenail polish ... or something. So what?

you don't need to justify our affair. you are only 28 years [i think] my senior. :devil: :kiss:

Martian KC
May 5th, 2005, 06:12 AM
*removes that sight out of my head*

Scotso
May 5th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Colin Farrell has made it quite clear that he wants to fuck everyone on Earth.

He's disgusting.

Now ORLANDO BLOOM... you're right, she probably would have said yes. He's a guy that actually has some charm. ;) Can't wait for Friday when his new movie opens. :drool:

Jakeev
May 6th, 2005, 06:53 AM
:lol: :lol: Love Dame Eileen. She was a riot in Cold Comfort Farm. What a way to spend your 70th birthday.