PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Scandal: Vonzell Solomon

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM
i have been calling for 2hrs str8 and it is now almost 1am EST...her line has been busy CONSTANTLY. Is it possible that people are calling in for her? Or her # is blocked?

Simon has it in for her...her second performance tonite was Flawless(to me) and he is trying to sway votes...even Ryan said she was Mesmorizing.

I am so pissed.

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 04:52 AM
um if her line is busy that means people are voting for her. And what simon said was clearly doing something in her favour. I totally think he did it to get her even more votes. He has told scott twice that he has sucked and the fans save him, so doing it to vonz would get her more votes.

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2005, 04:54 AM
I don't know what's going on. I do know although people boo Simon on the show they still listen to what he says. I hope they don't this time though. Her second performance was amazing. I love Vonzell. She's so cute.

Jericho
May 4th, 2005, 04:55 AM
um if her line is busy that means people are voting for her. And what simon said was clearly doing something in her favour. I totally think he did it to get her even more votes. He has told scott twice that he has sucked and the fans save him, so doing it to vonz would get her more votes.

i was totally getting that vibe too shaun ;)

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 04:56 AM
I don't know what's going on. I do know although people boo Simon on the show they still listen to what he says. I hope they don't this time though. Her second performance was amazing. I love Vonzell. She's so cute.
it just seemed to planned out to me. Vonz sang great everyone knows that. But idol is known for doing odd things with people when they sing great ala latoya. When simon told vonz that it wasn't perfect she acted as if ok i know what you are doing. She seemed far to ok with it. I really hope people keep her in

harloo
May 4th, 2005, 05:03 AM
But idol is known for doing odd things with people when they sing great ala latoya.

Hmmmmm....I wonder what happened to Latoya's votes?:tape:

I'm not buying it. Lets get prepared now for a Vonzell exit.

martirogi
May 4th, 2005, 05:08 AM
shes from my area and everytime i come home from college the past few months thats all people talk about. they call her baby v. all the radio stations remind u to vote for her and my mom, who's never watched ai before, now votes for her 10 times a week. it's INSANE. if she loses there will probably be riots :scared:

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 05:12 AM
But idol is known for doing odd things with people when they sing great ala latoya.

Hmmmmm....I wonder what happened to Latoya's votes?:tape:

I'm not buying it. Lets get prepared now for a Vonzell exit.

as far as i remember simon didn't "bash" latoya that night. It happens every year where someone who should make final 2 gets cut early.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2005, 12:58 PM
as far as i remember simon didn't "bash" latoya that night. It happens every year where someone who should make final 2 gets cut early.

Lets be honest here...he's been on Vonz for about 5 weeks str8. He has yet to pay her a compliment. It started the week with that UNDERHANDED compliment when she sang Whitney. I am preparing for her to leave tonite as well. I wasnt prepared for LaToya or Jennifer Hudson. I am prepared now. In a competition were someone like, Fat Ass, Arogent Ass, Can't Sing Ass Scott is still in a competition, there's a problem. The chubby white girl..can't remember her name, should still be here. Aloha should still be here and Constatine should still be here.

Sorry Vonz......hopefully great things are in your future.:sad:

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2005, 01:05 PM
I thought she sounded MUCH better on the 2nd song...the 1st one was :tape: But Anthony should definitely go.

Paneru
May 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Simon has it in for her...her second performance tonite was Flawless(to me) and he is trying to sway votes...even Ryan said she was Mesmorizing.

I agree!

Don't be surprised to see her in the bottom 3
yet again, and don't be surprised if she even
gets the boot tonight!

The more I watch and listen to Simon and
those idiotic producers the more I kinda hope
Scott wins and the joke is on them!

Because, we've seen that talent is what
matters ultimately and what you have and
not so much the winning as we've seen.

i.e.Where's Ruben???

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I agree!

Don't be surprised to see her in the bottom 3
yet again, and don't be surprised if she even
gets the boot tonight!

The more I watch and listen to Simon and
those idiotic producers the more I kinda hope
Scott wins and the joke is on them!

Because, we've seen that talent is what
matters ultimately and what you have and
not so much the winning as we've seen.

i.e.Where's Ruben???

His ass needs to be in the Gym, or should be having Gastric. No seriously, i am hard on him b/c he's gained about 60 pounds since his Win. But Wendy Williams stated he's in the stuJo working on his 3rd album. I wish him luck.

Where is CLAY?

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2005, 03:09 PM
She's from my town (Fort Myers, FL.) but I don't watch the show :o ---- my family has been hounding me to vote for her though. I caught one of her performances while I was at Circuit City one night and I will admit the girl is gooooooooooooood :clap2:

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2005, 04:32 PM
She's from my town (Fort Myers, FL.) but I don't watch the show :o ---- my family has been hounding me to vote for her though. I caught one of her performances while I was at Circuit City one night and I will admit the girl is gooooooooooooood :clap2:

She is, so y not vote? probably wont matter....She's gone tonite anyway.

DemWilliamsGulls
May 4th, 2005, 05:05 PM
i have been calling for 2hrs str8 and it is now almost 1am EST...her line has been busy CONSTANTLY. Is it possible that people are calling in for her? Or her # is blocked?

I am so pissed.

Canuk thats EXACTLY what the producers want you to think. "her line is busy cuz many are voting" I tried a few times and couldn't get through...she was the only one I voted for. I wouldn't be shocked that they pulled a scandal on Vonzell...because Simon has been shooting her down when she is consistently good. I got 4 votes in for her....All i know is if she leaves the show im not watching it anymore. until she's back on it. I personally think American Idol does not want another black winner...because Vonzell is the best vocalist on the show.

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Canuk thats EXACTLY what the producers want you to think. "her line is busy cuz many are voting" I tried a few times and couldn't get through...she was the only one I voted for. I wouldn't be shocked that they would pull a scandal on Vonzell...because Simon has been shooting her down when she is consistently good. I got 4 votes in for her....All i know is if she leaves the show im not watching it anymore. until she's back on it. I personally think American Idol does not want another black winner...because Vonzell is the best vocalist on the show.

you could be right, i guess i just have blind faith that the producers aren't fucking with the show to much.

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Lets be honest here...he's been on Vonz for about 5 weeks str8. He has yet to pay her a compliment. It started the week with that UNDERHANDED compliment when she sang Whitney. I am preparing for her to leave tonite as well. I wasnt prepared for LaToya or Jennifer Hudson. I am prepared now. In a competition were someone like, Fat Ass, Arogent Ass, Can't Sing Ass Scott is still in a competition, there's a problem. The chubby white girl..can't remember her name, should still be here. Aloha should still be here and Constatine should still be here.

Sorry Vonz......hopefully great things are in your future.:sad:
And no he hasn't been on her ass for five weeks. When she sang the whitney song what comment did he make. The one about nadia? if so i don't see that as a bad thing. And i thought he liked when she sang im every woman. He said that her vocals were just good enough to pull that song off, and thats saying something considering the orginal of that song.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2005, 06:00 PM
And no he hasn't been on her ass for five weeks. When she sang the whitney song what comment did he make. The one about nadia? if so i don't see that as a bad thing. And i thought he liked when she sang im every woman. He said that her vocals were just good enough to pull that song off, and thats saying something considering the orginal of that song.

i said his compliment was underhanded. He said to here...not quoting verbatum ... I thought you doing Whitney was career suicide and you didnt have the vocals to pull it off, but you did. Good job.

He is steering votes...also, DemWilliamsGurls Hit it on the head...I just think they DO Not want another black winner..However, I feel Simon it trying to hold up his prediction from Show#1 when he said Carrie will win Idol and Sale more records than any other Idol of any season. She hasnt been vocally showing up as she should and him Steering votes towards her...is his way of proving his own sanity.

DemWilliamsGulls
May 4th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Carrie better not win...she has the second best voice out of everyone..but she has no stage presense...and no excitment when she performs. Simon is indeed steering votes...Vonzell knows it as well. Its stupid.....!

cmasters
May 4th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I tried to vote for Carrie and couldn't get through. They just don't have enough available lines to handle the number of votes they get.
Vonzel should be safe because I thought Anthony was terrible last night. However, she should be in the bottom 3 because she sounded bad on her first song whereas Bo and Carrie were great on both of their songs.

PaulieM
May 4th, 2005, 07:12 PM
i really hope vonzell doesn't go home. i didn't get to watch last night(stupid exams) and i've never voted but she's really good and doesn't deserve to go home at all. part of me hopes scott wins just so people will realize how messed up the voting is but i don't want vonzell to go hom this week, she's better than all of the people left. and not to pull the race card blah blah blah but i do think the show is worried about having another black idol.

~CANUCK~
May 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Carrie better not win...she has the second best voice out of everyone..but she has no stage presense...and no excitment when she performs. Simon is indeed steering votes...Vonzell knows it as well. Its stupid.....!

i think carrie has the best voice from the group. But her stage presense is really bad. But then again rubin won and all he did was stand and sing also. Vonz is the best performer left, i like her better then bo, but she still tends to have half her songs off key, like last week. If she could get it all in order she would be amazing.

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Canuk thats EXACTLY what the producers want you to think. "her line is busy cuz many are voting" I tried a few times and couldn't get through...she was the only one I voted for. I wouldn't be shocked that they pulled a scandal on Vonzell...because Simon has been shooting her down when she is consistently good. I got 4 votes in for her....All i know is if she leaves the show im not watching it anymore. until she's back on it. I personally think American Idol does not want another black winner...because Vonzell is the best vocalist on the show.

I assure you if Vonzell gets voted off, America will be called "racist" by the usual suspects... :rolleyes: ...despite the last 2 winners being Black Americans...but who's counting? :tape:

UDiTY
May 4th, 2005, 09:23 PM
You do know that the lines are only open 2 hours after the show is over don't you?!:lol:

I called a lot and prolly got thru over 50 times:bounce:

Hopefully V will be okay tonight!:yeah:

Dana Marcy
May 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I assure you if Vonzell gets voted off, America will be called "racist" by the usual suspects... :rolleyes: ...despite the last 2 winners being Black Americans...but who's counting? :tape:

I see your point but the additional problem in matters like this is that if it IS a case of racism people like you turn the other way for whatever shameful reason. :tape:

¤CharlDa¤
May 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Well i missed it last night...Damn school. I think the votings are getting crazy. If Vonzell goes tonight, i follow what most of you will do and completely stop watching the show. Each week i watch it cause of Vonzy, and when i miss a week i jsut don't care about anyone's performances but hers ;) I just hope that they are intelligent enough like last year, to make the best one win left in the competition. At elast when Latoya and Jennifer left, Fantasia became the really strong one and won.

Cariaoke
May 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Er "the usual suspects"? you don't think America's racist? ok, when was the last time a black child got an Amber alert? I rest my case.

Anyway, back on topic, Vonzell should be alright. I hope she's alright. I really hope there isn't a "oh gawd, don't let another black person win it" mentality behind the scenes. That would be really sad. But we'll see. I'll be watching Alias but I guess I'll log on to find out.

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2005, 11:51 PM

You're always stirring the pot ugh :rolleyes:

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2005, 12:25 AM
It has little to do with racism and alot to do with affirmative action...which is race related. The message is being sent. And when you think about the only WHITE that has won all of her Idols vocally are black so the influences are there in her voice as well.

When it comes to Vonz and some of you saying she's off key..i think it's some of you dont understand BLack music as it pretains to the church. Art of expression for her is different than that of Carrie. Therefore when she slurs or Run you guys say she was flat.

Just an observation.

the jamierbelyea
May 5th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Vonzell is a superior singer to Carrie.

Carrie is a stronger techinical singer.

Vonzell has better "Wow" notes going on throughout her peformances.

I just think Vonzell lacks focus when she sings her songs, she's all over the place, trying to hard ot show the world she a great singer. There's no build up, the song is at the same level the entire song.

She also has tendency to go very sharp.

With that said,

she's still far superior to Scott or Anthony... (Hence I have her in my siggy).

I think Simon was trying to get votes for her. When people think their person is safe they get lazy voting. (hence why Fantasia, Ruben were both in the bottom 3 before)

When Simon told Scott he was going home, Scott was in the top 3. I think this time he was doing it deliberately to get Vonzell votes.

I don't know if it'll be enough though.

fOxYLiCiOuS
May 5th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Vonzell is very attractive :) I've only seen her perform twice.

I like her :D

~CANUCK~
May 5th, 2005, 01:15 AM
I told ya, simon's plan worked, vonz is safe

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2005, 01:17 AM
I told ya, simon's plan worked, vonz is safe

Simon's Plan? You mean God's Plan:angel:

~CANUCK~
May 5th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Simon's Plan? You mean God's Plan:angel:
:lol: if thats what ya gotta tell yourself :wavey:

Knizzle
May 5th, 2005, 01:21 AM
I hate Scott's voice.

Knizzle
May 5th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Anthony is not yet mature enough vocally to compete with everyone else. He probably should go though that means Scott will stay.

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2005, 01:32 AM
I hate Scott's voice.

i thought i was the only one.

roarke
May 5th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by SelesFan70
I assure you if Vonzell gets voted off, America will be called "racist" by the usual suspects... ...despite the last 2 winners being Black Americans...but who's counting?
----------------------------------------------------

Separate and apart from AI and it's drama, don't fool yourself into thinking RACISM isn't a vibrant and integral part of people's psyche. iI affects many of the decisions thath are made daily in all aspects of life. I am not saying it will be a factor if Vonzell gets booted off AI but don't make the mistake that things in this country and many others as well are not motivated to the detriment of others by race!

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2005, 02:51 AM

That's not true :frown: At least I do'nt mean to. :angel:

¤CharlDa¤
May 5th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Well Vonzell is safe, all i wanted to hear! Buhbye scott *I want to be remembered as the one who was loved by everyone* :lol:

Dana Marcy
May 5th, 2005, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the scoop. :wavey: From now on I won't take SelesKlan70's troublemaking b.s. seriously. :yawn: