PDA

View Full Version : Florida ends fight against abortion for 13-yr-old

Rocketta
May 4th, 2005, 12:25 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=2&u=/nm/20050503/ts_nm/rights_abortion_dc

Rocketta
May 4th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Jeb Bush is out his mind....I wonder if he spent as much time worrying about his own kids as he does other people would he have a drug addict for a daughter. :rolleyes:

Scotso
May 4th, 2005, 03:42 AM
They WANT a 13-yo girl to have a child?

beauty_is_pink
May 4th, 2005, 03:43 AM
somehow I thought it said they were gonna abort the 13 yrs old :confused: :cuckoo:

Pureracket
May 4th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah, we've been fighting that down here for awhile now. It's weird how they want parental notification if a minor wants to have an abortion. As I see it, if a minor is already have sexual intercourse, there might be a possibility that they are already negligent.

Cariaoke
May 4th, 2005, 03:55 AM
the problem I have with parental notification is what if the FATHER of said DAUGHTER is the IMPREGNATOR. I know, I know but stranger things have happened.

Pureracket
May 4th, 2005, 03:57 AM
the problem I have with parental notification is what if the FATHER of said DAUGHTER is the IMPREGNATOR. I know, I know but stranger things have happened.True!

Scotso
May 4th, 2005, 04:00 AM
the problem I have with parental notification is what if the FATHER of said DAUGHTER is the IMPREGNATOR. I know, I know but stranger things have happened.

Sadly, I don't think that's very out of the ordinary.

Wigglytuff
May 4th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Florida's governor is Jeb Bush,
President Bush's younger brother, who was active in trying to keep Schiavo alive and who has said he personally opposes abortion.

"It's a tragedy that a 13-year-old child would be in a vulnerable position where she could be made pregnant and it's a tragedy that her baby will be lost," Jeb Bush said on Tuesday. "There's no good news in this at all."

The child, identified in court only as L.G., is a ward of the state who became pregnant when she ran away from a state-licensed group home. Under Florida law, a 13-year-old cannot consent to sex, making her pregnancy the result of a statutory rape.

what sickens me, is that these monsters are more concerned with forcing a child to carry another child to term then with keep children safe enough to prevent rape and statutory rape.

i mean is no one looking into the conditions of this state run home, why did she run away? why is the father not on trial? or is how this all happened a non issue?

Wigglytuff
May 4th, 2005, 05:43 AM
exactly.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Jeb Bush is out his mind....I wonder if he spent as much time worrying about his own kids as he does other people would he have a drug addict for a daughter. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder if Florida should even be included in the Union. There's always some weird story coming out of Florida. The question is why.

RVD
May 4th, 2005, 06:45 AM
I agree with everything said here. And it's not so extraordinary for a father to sexually molest/rape his daughter/stepdaughter. There was an incident in my own family. :fiery:
Women having ripped out their uterus with clothes hangers, crocheting and knitting needles, or any other sharply hooked object, was a common occurrance during the 60s and 70s. And the government wants us to believe that they can also prevent this?! :eek:

I was listening to KGO-810 and the stories that people called in to retell were incredible!!! Makes me want to cry. :sad:

It's really sad when the government continues to strip us of our rights to choose for ourselves. And in this particular case they have to pick on a little girl to achieve their goal. I find this quite amazing actually.
The fact of the matter is, if a woman wants an abortion, she will get one regardless of the law. The only thing that will prevent abortions is education on how to make the right choices.

Maybe Congress should try allocating that !#%* $82 Billion (http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBNZO5QA8E.html ) for education instead of this wonderful and glorious war we're fighting (and losing) in Iraq. :wavey: