PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most sympathetic/friendly girl on tour?

E. Blackadder
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Instead of polling to the most hately girl on tour, I rather poll who do you think is the most sympathetic/kindly/friendly/warmhearted girl on tour? Discuss it over here

2ace2
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Kim, I've never seen her in a bad mood and she's always friendly!
I didn't even have to think about my choice!
:D

jomar
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:58 AM
I can vouch for Marti.;)

Jeff
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:04 AM
I voted for kim, simply because I saw her at the Acura Classic and she was the nicest person. like 30 people were surrounding her and she probably signed all their programs and even took pictures with whoever wanted to. Also, I never see her throw any tantrums on the court.

Grice
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:09 AM
I chose Monica. cos when she was recuperating and recovering emotionally after her stabbing... few players bothered to be kind or nice or encouraging to her... except Arantxa, Martina N. gaby?

so Monica knows what is it like to be encouraged and how nice it is when a player comes up to say nice words? (see Martina N. giving Monica a pendant or something when she cameback to tennis)
and Monica's practicing the kindness cos she knows how important it is:angel:

Candy946
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Definitely Kim :). Nicest player on the tour that I've met so far.

thefreedesigner
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Well I would have voted for Anke Huber, but since she's gone now I would vote for Lindsay no question.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:24 AM
LOL at some of those mentioned

I'm not naming names but its funny

anyway these kinds of polls are pointless as everyone votes for their favs anyway.

aura of daniela
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:42 AM
As far as I know....I don't know too much from personal experience, but Kim seems to be the friendliest girl on the tour.
From sending thank you letter to the tournament organisers to her on and off court persona...she definitely seems at the top of the pile.

From my recent personal experiences, Daniela seem like a beautiful girl inside and outside.
Most of the players I really, really like are genuinely nice people.
Carlos Moya, JC Ferrero, Stefan Edberg, Kim and Daniela.
That is one of the main reasons I love Daniela, the way she presents herself on and off the court is beautiful.
During a bad call, she will give a shocked look, take a deep breath, fix her cap, and get back to it.
She is shy and innocent as well, and that is the reason she is the way she is. All Slovaks seem to be quite achieves....just look at Mr Karol Kucera....who wouldn't say boo to anyone.

Simon V :angel:

irma
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:47 AM
I never met one so I have no idea!

-Sonic-
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:29 AM
I gotta go for Kim as well.

Beige
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:34 AM
I don't know them personally so I can't vote. I don't want to base my opinion of them based on a sports writer's perceptions nor the images I see from a tennis match because the camera can tell the truth as much as it can deceive.

:p ;)

angele87
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:40 AM
No doubt about this one.... Kim!!!

veryborednow
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Sympathetic - Well there was this player that held up a get well soon sign for Corina and was a player to send flowers to Martina after her ankle injury last year although she had just nicked her no. 1 ranking :p

but yeah, TBE - I'll just vote for my fav :p

All4Williams
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:11 PM
I voted for Serena. Despite all the comments that Hingis has made about the Williams family, Serena gave her a pat on the back after defeating her.
She also gave capriati a pat on the back. These actions were significant as both Capriati and Hingis have gone ahead and made nasty comments about Serena after defeating her. Do you remeber Jenny'c comments at Wimbledon?

tiger
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:35 PM
defenitly

Lindsay!!

most friendliest player on the tour

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bluepastures
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:22 PM
I voted for Meghann, but I should also mention 3 other players.

Evie Dominikovic who was really friendly when I met her in Eastbourne's internet cafe, before the day's play started during year's tournament.

Also, the South African girls, Nathalie Grandin and Kim Grant, who I met on a train back from Felixstowe, after their doubles final last year. Lovely girls.

On a more general note, it's good that tennis players don't tend to suffer from the arrogance that other stars do (I'm thinking certain female pop-stars), and they do actually take time to talk to supporters.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Bluepastures..... Kim/Nathalie are hardly superstars ;)
you could equate them to club singers. (instead of the real pop-stars with big inflated egos)

Kim is pretty friendly, i know what you mean, a down to earth girl.
She's realistic that she isn't exactly gonna be a major icon.

same for alot of others i've met on the Challengers.
New kids have big ambitions and look to see the stars but 1-2 years down there they see the dark lonely road.

Mazza
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Kim Clijsters! She never snubs her fans and she likes to talk to everyone and is really chatty and friendly :)

PointBlank
Apr 4th, 2002, 04:54 PM
EVEN THOUGH MARTINA AND JEN ARE MY FAVORITES..................I PICKED VENUS CAUSE I ALWAYS SEE HER SO NICE IN EVERYTHING WIN SHE WINS SHE IS SOOOOO NICE TO THEM WELL THAT IS JUST ME

paigery
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:07 PM
The obvious here is that in most part all the players have good relations off the court. As we have seen in photos and in press releases the players generally like each other. We have seen time again players being supportive of the game, the fans and each other. Look at how supportive the players were during the Seles stabbing. I think the game is very competitive now, and that makes for great rivalries, but all the players feel some sort of sisterhood I am sure..........................

The best interviews on players are given by Martina Hingis, Monica Seles, Venus Williams, Kim Clijsters, Daniella Hantuchova, and Justine Henin.

Go Jennifer:)

Come-on-kim
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:59 PM
I said Kim, because

- She send letters to tournaments directors after a tournament, she say thank you at the hotels,...

- After being defeated by Lindsay 7-6 in the third set at the masters Kim let a paper to Lindsay in the Locker room saying "Congrats on winnig the match and congrats on being World Number 1"

- She's always friendly with the press, the fans,....

Central
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:00 PM
I have to say both Kim and Arantxa SV, just because they don't seem to feign themselves as friendly, they seem to be genuine

2ace2
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Kim at the top!!!

herodoto
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:32 PM
for me the most friendly player is Magi Serna, but is not listed here, then , martina or amanda are the most symphatetics

CC
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Venus Williams.
Wait, in order to qualify do you actually have to show sympathy?:rolleyes:

I'm sure she's sympathetic inside, but she has to preserve that aloof image.:D

Deep down though you can see, especially the time Mary joe fell and re-hurt her injury against Venus. Venus looked like she wanted to cry, but played it off real cool in her press conference. :cool:

Frau Antje
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Kim of course!!! (And I know it for sure)

Tatiana Panova
Apr 4th, 2002, 11:22 PM
I would have to say Kim. She is very friendly, down-to-earth and a warm human being. Lindsay is friendly but she does not like giving autographs!!

Mary and Monica are pretty friendly too, and Daniela Hantuchova is extremely friendly!!

monster
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Sandrine, Kim and Amy Frazier.
No one esle thanks the ball kids after every ball

MARTI's FAN
Apr 5th, 2002, 05:05 AM
Well i already met martina at the nasdaq, that was my dream, i wrote the story here on the nasdaq forum, but for some of you that didn't read it.I saw her walking, and i told her first "marti this is a dream for me, i've been waiting for this fos so long" i was almost crying, and then she said "really, heyy don't cry or you will make me cry too" i won't forget thoso words specially this one "i love the fans like you, really, so thanks for your support im very grateful" and then i took 3 pictures with her, i gave her a kiss and she was the most sweet player and person, she very humble and very down to earth.I was very surprise, and for sure i thank god for gave that oportunity and that she was so nice with me and the other fans too.I met kim too, she sign some autographs she very nice too, meghann she very friendly, serena gave me an autograph and venus nothing, she said, "no autographs" elena was so nice too, everyone really except venus and agassi.Justine, arantza, kim,serena,jennifer,meghann, barbara,elena, they were so nice, and specially martina HINGIS.

TS
Apr 5th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Thanx bluepastures for mentioning Evie :) She's great :)

Well I voted Sandrine...but Im sure they're all nice in their own way, and Im also sure they can all be bitches occassionally too ;)

treufreund
Apr 5th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Marti's fan I am so jealous of you. :o

Tweety
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Once more I had to vote for other :D

anabel
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:11 PM
My vote goes to Conchita ;)

Tweety
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Conchita? :eek:

veryborednow
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:38 PM
WHY!!! WHY IS MY FAV ANNA K NOT SEEN AS THE MOST SYMPATHETIC????

EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG, AND I AM RIGHT

ANNA IS THE MOST SYMPATHETIC FOR ****S SAKE!!!

PS. EVERYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO ME AND THINK HOW I DO

gokimmie
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:27 PM
guess who i voted for?????????
kimmie's simply the sweetest!!!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Monica! did u c her help ana this year and other players when they were injured? i did!

Tatiana Panova
Apr 6th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Definitely not Silvia Farina-Elia! Ok she had just been trashed by Lindsay in the semi-final at Eastbourne, but she gave me such a dirty look and a tut. I guess I forgot she lost the match - she gave it anyway which was nice.

Anne Kremer is a really nice girl too - she stopped to chat with me and we were talking about university. Elena Likhotseva eyed me up apparently. I was just walking by with my friends following. She turned round the stairs and watched me as I walked by. Weird.

arn
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Kim, closely followed by Monica and Lindsey :)

shirley
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:37 PM
Lindsay

Cassius
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:58 PM
I think Elena D. is the nicest girl on tour.
At Wimbledon 2001, when she had just lost in the 3rd round 6-0 6-2 against Anke Huber, on her way to her car to go back to her hotel, I asked for her autograph and said that she shouldn't be too disappointed because Huber is a decent player. She could have told me to get lost, because she was not lookig happy. But, she not only signed my programme, but also smiled and said thank you for my support. She recognised me because I had sat right behind her mother for the whole match. (In fact at one point, Elena's mother turned round to ask me not shout quite so loud! Altough she also thanked me for supporting her daughter).
Elena also complimented me on my shirt (Its an Offspring hooded top btw).

So, Elena Dementieva is deffinately, THE NICEST, MOST DOWN-TO-EARTH GIRL ON THE TOUR.

Oizo
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:26 AM
I voted for my favourite ;)
But I will just be honest and tell you the truth :D It is: LINDSAY !!!!!

~RedRose~
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:30 AM
When Martina came to Sydney whilst the fires were occuring she stated "This is not the Sydney I love ..." She then went on to try and fundraise money to go to the firefighters and the victems ect and encouraged people to help the firefighters and she held clinics with children that were victems of the fires.

Martina is truely wonderful!! :)

lrg bllt
Apr 7th, 2002, 07:20 AM
I agree Yoshie707 !!!
I voted for Martina for sure!!! :D

Brαm
Apr 7th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Kim Clijsters :D

LittleTennisFan
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Lindsay

2ace2
Apr 7th, 2002, 06:56 PM
And Kim stil at the top spot where she belongs!!!