PDA

View Full Version : I got an F on my Russian test!!!!! Not good at all!

shap_half
May 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM
Ooooh, I hate genetive plural. Ya ne znayu kak goborit po-russki :(

Grachka
May 2nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Genetive plural is no fun at all when starting out, but you can get the hang of it eventually. Silly Russians :p

Razumeetsya, shap_half, shto s' praktikoi ti budesh govorit gorazdo luchshe! :) Udachi!

croat123
May 2nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Ya ne znayu kak goborit po-russki
I don't know how to speak Russian

Razumeetsya, shap_half, shto s' praktikoi ti budesh govorit gorazdo luchshe! :) Udachi!
Understand, shap_half, that with practice you will be able to speak ??much better?? :) come on!

did i translate it right? (even though i can't speak a word of russian) ;)

shap_half
May 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
spasiba, obatafan. the teacher is letting me retake the test, but i'm just dreading it because i haven't a clue how to prepare for it. grrr.

Joana
May 2nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
I understand your pain. Slavic languages must be a nightmare for English speakers.

Darop.
May 3rd, 2005, 05:44 AM
I wanna learn how to speak russian so bad :crying:

Someone teach me :D please? :angel:

Grachka
May 3rd, 2005, 07:15 AM
spasiba, obatafan. the teacher is letting me retake the test, but i'm just dreading it because i haven't a clue how to prepare for it. grrr.

Is the test on the formation or use of genetive plural? For just nouns or everything? Have you got Terence Wade's grammar book, that is a great guide on everything grammar-related, and has a nice run down on the genetive plural...I can re-type the page that is relevant to you if you wish.

Understand, shap_half, that with practice you will be able to speak ??much better?? :) come on!

Was that just from speaking Croatian? Thats quite impressive ;) Razumeetsya probably translates better as 'it goes without saying' and udachi as 'good luck', but quite excellent anyway ;)

I know two Croatian girls here, but I only learn silly things from them :p Such as "Volim sisati krv, maloj djeci!" :o and a phrase about riding cats, but only with saddles which I forget :o

Joana
May 3rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
"Volim sisati krv, maloj djeci!"

You do? :scared:

croat123
May 3rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
have they told you what "volim sisat krv maloj djeci" means? ;):scared:

Grachka
May 3rd, 2005, 07:11 PM
have they told you what "volim sisat krv maloj djeci" means? ;):scared:
Yes, we formed it together...but don't worry ;) I don't want to really :p

I preferred the cat on more, but I can't remember that :( Oh well, we'll all just have to get over that one :p

shap_half
May 4th, 2005, 05:17 AM
Well I just finished the make up test and I don't think I did that much better. :(
plohoi student. ya he znayu kak govorit po-russki. ya hochu spat. do svidanya

Princess Sarah.
May 4th, 2005, 05:56 AM
i almost failed history if that makes u feel better and it was once my best subject and apparently i have bad grammer and thats in my first language english!
You'll get it :hug:
i have a spanish test tomorrow and we are not allowed dictionaries :sobbing: