PDA

View Full Version : ipod help

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
how do you convert files that you have in windows media player so that you can add them to your ipod? thanks.
oh and do people that have the ipod mini feel like it holds enough songs?

alexusjonesfan
May 2nd, 2005, 08:04 PM
I thought iTunes automatically converted wma files to mp3 or AAC or whatever when you add them?

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM
i tried that but i keep getting an error message :confused:

~CANUCK~
May 2nd, 2005, 08:09 PM
i tried that but i keep getting an error message :confused:
you should be able to add files to itunes without any problem :confused:

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
it's making me very sad because i have tons of stuff in windows media player and don't want to have to copy all my cds over again especially since some of it is stuff i got from other people and don't have anymore. :( i just got my ipod and i have 30gb to fill:(

Pengwin
May 2nd, 2005, 08:15 PM
By default, Windows Media Player adds DRM (sort of a spyware tag) to your WMA files so they can't be converted to any format. You can turn it off in Windows Media Player options.

~CANUCK~
May 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
it's making me very sad because i have tons of stuff in windows media player and don't want to have to copy all my cds over again especially since some of it is stuff i got from other people and don't have anymore. :( i just got my ipod and i have 30gb to fill:(

you shouldn't have to copy your cds again. once you copied them they are on your computer somewhere. You just have to find the folder with all the files in it and add them to itunes.

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:21 PM
By default, Windows Media Player adds DRM (sort of a spyware tag) to your WMA files so they can't be converted to any format. You can turn it off in Windows Media Player options.
ooh how do you do this?

Pengwin
May 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
ooh how do you do this?

Well there is no way to get rid of the DRM on your existing files, so the quickest way would just be to rip your CDs and files again in iTunes using the AAC codec.

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
Well there is no way to get rid of the DRM on your existing files, so the quickest way would just be to rip your CDs and files again in iTunes using the AAC codec.
ok thanks. but how do you turn if off for new files?

Pengwin
May 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Tools|Options menu. Click on the Copy Music tab, and under Copy Settings, uncheck the 'Protect Content' box.

PaulieM
May 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
thanks! :D

!<blocparty>!
May 2nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I just go to "file" in iTunes, and "add folder" or "ad file" to library. Then you just select them and it converts.

The Mini holds plenty of songs for me, I don't know what I'd fill a 20, 40 or 60 with anyway :confused: