Shark
May 5th, 2005, 01:47 AM
it means "let's go"

forever_rafter
May 5th, 2005, 08:31 AM
ufff ;)

louloudik
May 5th, 2005, 11:20 PM
or u can use it as come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forever_rafter
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Do Greek people believe in Christ? Is "cross" a holly symbol for you? I'm just curious

guizzy
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Yes we do. Almost everybody here in Greece is wearing a cross and you get you first cross the day you get baptized.

RayRob
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Yes we do. Almost everybody here in Greece is wearing a cross and you get you first cross the day you get baptized.

Just continuing the curiosity regarding Christian faith in Greece, are most churches in Greece "Greek Orthodox" or are there other denominations (like in the UK although of the same faith, there are various denominations such as Anglican, Pentecostal, Methodist etc - Anglican and Methodist are generally more traditional in their approach, Pentecostal tend to be more "liberal" for the want of a better word)?

Also, do Greeks in general get baptized as an infant?

Sorry for continuing this thread in and "off topic" fashion, but since the subject was bought up, thought I'd better ask ;)

thanks,
-Rache :wavey:

forever_rafter
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I wanted to know 'cause I have a little gift for Eleni and I just wanted to make sure I won't commite some kind of gaffe ;)

RayRob
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:36 PM
aww bless, that's cool! I'm sure whatever it is she'll love! :D

forever_rafter
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I hope so too ;) BTW, check out the volleyball thread, I added matches schedule for the upcoming weekend :)

guizzy
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Just continuing the curiosity regarding Christian faith in Greece, are most churches in Greece "Greek Orthodox" or are there other denominations (like in the UK although of the same faith, there are various denominations such as Anglican, Pentecostal, Methodist etc - Anglican and Methodist are generally more traditional in their approach, Pentecostal tend to be more "liberal" for the want of a better word)?

Also, do Greeks in general get baptized as an infant?

Sorry for continuing this thread in and "off topic" fashion, but since the subject was bought up, thought I'd better ask ;)

thanks,
-Rache :wavey:

Most churches here are Orthodox but there are also some katholic churches and people and there is also a muslim minority of Turkish people living in Greece.
Almost all Greeks get baptized usually before they get one year old.