PDA

View Full Version : Were you "straight" on Sanex but have come out of the closet on WTAWorld?

McAuley
May 1st, 2005, 11:52 PM
If you saw James's thread then you know what I mean. He has come out and so have I but on Sanex we both pretended to be straight. Are we the only ones? There's 2 posters here from Sanex that seem to have come out coz I clearly don't remember them being gay on Sanex. I won't say their names coz it's their decision if they want to confirm it on this thread.

:wavey:

AjdeNate!
May 2nd, 2005, 02:18 AM
Gay then, gay now. ;)

M2k
May 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM
I was Gay as Miguel (Sanex) and I'm gay now (as M2k) :angel: * though I once posted my coming out story*

Scotso
May 2nd, 2005, 04:01 AM
I was as gay as Santa in July then, and I am now!

Tennisace
May 2nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
If you saw James's thread then you know what I mean. He has come out and so have I but on Sanex we both pretended to be straight. Are we the only ones? There's 2 posters here from Sanex that seem to have come out coz I clearly don't remember them being gay on Sanex. I won't say their names coz it's their decision if they want to confirm it on this thread.

:wavey:

Its the guy who looks like Michael Owen ;) Hey McAuley! :wave: Although you probably don't remember me.

Darop.
May 2nd, 2005, 06:59 AM
Gay then, gay now. ;)

:haha:

:kiss:

James
May 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM
I posted a special thread for it, but then you already referred to that. :lol:

Daniel
May 2nd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Gay in every board :banana: :kiss: :rocker:

McAuley
May 2nd, 2005, 10:31 AM
Its the guy who looks like Michael Owen ;) Hey McAuley! :wave: Although you probably don't remember me.

Sorry I don't and it's more coz so many posters were named 'Tennis' something or the other. :angel:

Hiya! :wavey:

DoctorG
May 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
I had my coming out before joining the board. I've never made a fuss about my sexual preferences, but I think it can't be me, as we talked about it in TSL first edition. ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I've always been gay too ;)

ASV_FAN
May 3rd, 2005, 12:11 AM
I joined Sanex in June 1999 and came out shortly after on the board, I know I was 15 when I admitted that I was gay, online anyway, so it must've been before February 2000. Think it was only a few weeks after I joined up actually.

SM
May 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
- very few people knew about me on corel
- few knew about me on sanex
- every1 knows about me on wtaworld

so its been a gradual process for me :lol:

SM
May 3rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
i starting giving hints on the sanex board tho. and one of my friends in real life, rada, started picking up on that :O!!!!!!!

Scotso
May 3rd, 2005, 02:17 AM
I joined Sanex in June 1999 and came out shortly after on the board, I know I was 15 when I admitted that I was gay, online anyway, so it must've been before February 2000. Think it was only a few weeks after I joined up actually.

You probably don't remember me much, but I remember your first threads about being gay and some of your experiences.

I also remember talking to you one morning while we were listening to the "live" broadcast of the Wimbledon draws.

McAuley
May 3rd, 2005, 06:04 AM
I had my coming out before joining the board. I've never made a fuss about my sexual preferences, but I think it can't be me, as we talked about it in TSL first edition. ;)

No it isn't you and as you say, it's nothing to make a fuss but I only do so (am I making a fuss? :lol: ) coz the two people I'm thinking of showed no real sign of gayness (:hehehe: ) on Sanex. ;)

i starting giving hints on the sanex board tho. and one of my friends in real life, rada, started picking up on that :O!!!!!!!

That's exactly the way I was! :D I was giving hints but being non-commital when people (like Luke G) asked me if I was gay. :o

SM
May 5th, 2005, 06:54 AM
i didnt wanna come out cos i had a friend post on the board from 1999-2000 but he isnt in to tennis anymore, and then another friend of mine (rada) saw me browsing the tennis forums since about 2001. i wasnt out to either of them so had to be careful

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 07:30 AM
i didnt wanna come out cos i had a friend post on the board from 1999-2000 but he isnt in to tennis anymore, and then another friend of mine (rada) saw me browsing the tennis forums since about 2001. i wasnt out to either of them so had to be careful
And now you and rada are gay and good mates. It all works out for the best. :D

SM
May 5th, 2005, 07:40 AM
yes, it definately made us closer than we used to be :) made our frienship deeper as we laid it all out on the table and were able to speak openly about anything we want to

SM
May 5th, 2005, 07:44 AM
and its a 'pure' friendship. we dont view each other as a sexual object or anything and havent had sex or anything, which imo would taint our rship :)

AjdeNate!
May 5th, 2005, 07:47 AM
I appreciate that, I have that kind of friend too. Definitely helps. :cool:

SM
May 5th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I appreciate that, I have that kind of friend too. Definitely helps. :cool:
Yeah he 'helps', helps introduce me to people when i go out seeing i dont know many. He seems to know lots of cool people. It helps bc its hard to approach people for me unless im quite drunk. :D

So Disrespectful
May 5th, 2005, 09:34 AM
I am bisexual. I haven't ever heard of Sanex ;)

Dahveed
May 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Coming out is a difficult process for many. Now, as far as i'm concerned, it seems really ridiculous to feel embarassed about one's sexuality on a very gay friendly message board but it's true that back then in 1999 or so when i was 19 (so pretty young and unexperienced i guess), i was 'straight' to the board (obviously cos i was 'straight' in real life!) and i was convinced about my sexuality.

Well as many gay people, you go through long periods of doubts before you finally accept who you really are and you actually get your first gay experiences. Then when you come out to yourself you happen to come out to the world and you start slowly but surely with your 'online friends' and then it might become easier to come out to your friends and family in real life.

Well that is what happened to me, i don't feel bad at all if i somewhat hid my sexuality back to the sanex years, i don't give a shit now about people knowing or not (except maybe i lost some opportunities to meet guys ;) aha!). Anyway McAuley, not sure you remember me but i do remember you and i've always thought you were gay. Comme quoi! :)

~{X}~
May 12th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Coming out is a difficult process for many. Now, as far as i'm concerned, it seems really ridiculous to feel embarassed about one's sexuality on a very gay friendly message board but it's true that back then in 1999 or so when i was 19 (so pretty young and unexperienced i guess), i was 'straight' to the board (obviously cos i was 'straight' in real life!) and i was convinced about my sexuality.

Well as many gay people, you go through long periods of doubts before you finally accept who you really are and you actually get your first gay experiences. Then when you come out to yourself you happen to come out to the world and you start slowly but surely with your 'online friends' and then it might become easier to come out to your friends and family in real life.

Well that is what happened to me, i don't feel bad at all if i somewhat hid my sexuality back to the sanex years, i don't give a shit now about people knowing or not (except maybe i lost some opportunities to meet guys ;) aha!). Anyway McAuley, not sure you remember me but i do remember you and i've always thought you were gay. Comme quoi! :)

A French, Gay Administrator. :lick: Sounds like my cup of tea. :lol: :D

McAuley
May 16th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Fantastic post, Dahveed! I do remember you and I always thought you were gay as well but were closeted like me. On Sanex, I always envied the posters that were openly gay (like Luke G) especially the ones that were younger than me like Jonny who I believe was from England. He was in high school and already out but here I was a uni student struggling to accept my sexuality. :o

SM
May 16th, 2005, 01:15 PM
dahveed, thats how i felt, hit the nail

Cage
May 16th, 2005, 01:28 PM
meh i came out on wtaworld nothing to be ashamed of i spose :)

id like to meet some gays ppl if people want to like post there msn id like to add em

rightous
May 16th, 2005, 01:59 PM
What does it matter if you are gay or straight anyways Mc Auley, no need for categories IMHO, but I get what you are all saying :)

McAuley
May 17th, 2005, 05:25 AM
What does it matter if you are gay or straight anyways Mc Auley, no need for categories IMHO, but I get what you are all saying :)

It doesn't matter at all and you're right that there is no need for categories. At the same time, there is no need for shame about one's sexuality. It isn't necessary to publicize to the world that you're gay but you shouldn't struggle to utter the words "I'm gay" either. I find that sometimes when someone says they don't want to be labelled it's coz they are ashamed of that label.

In Perth, there are lots of Vietnamese people who were born in Vietnam but grew up in Oz. Some of the Vietnamese married white Aussies and had children. Some of these children are ashamed to be Vietnamese so they always emphasize that they are only half Vietnamese.

A person can be just as revealing about themselves by what they share as well as what they don't share.

brunof
May 17th, 2005, 05:29 AM
I can't remember, but I know I was "straight" on the Corel Boards...Awww, the days of orange and brown. :rolls: :smash:

brunof
May 17th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Fantastic post, Dahveed! I do remember you and I always thought you were gay as well but were closeted like me. On Sanex, I always envied the posters that were openly gay (like Luke G) especially the ones that were younger than me like Jonny who I believe was from England. He was in high school and already out but here I was a uni student struggling to accept my sexuality. :o

Are you speaking of ASVFan or someone like that? (The boy would wished death upon Sabine Appelmans? :help::tape: )

rightous
May 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Brunof I remember ASVfan, he was too funny:)

McAuley exactly a person can be more revealing by what they share from what they don't, I also think they if you are gay that doesn't necessarily define you as a human being, people str8 or gay have other things that define them as well. I just think that individuals have a stereotypical view of what gay people are like. i.e you could be the straightest person in the world but be slightly gay in your tone and style and vice versa

Hopefully some of that made sense:)

But anyways I think we live in a gay world:)

brunof
May 17th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Brunof I remembr ASVfan, he was too funny:)

McAuley exactly a person can be more revealing by what they share from what they don't, I also think they if you are gay that doesn't necessarily define you as a human being, people str8 or gay have other things that define them as well. I just think that individuals have a stereotypical view of what gay people are like. i.e you could be the straighest person in the world but we sligthly gay in your tone and style and vice versa

Hopefully some of that made sense:)

But anyways I think we live in a gay world anyways:)

What ever happened to him? I lose track of all these posters from days past...:sad:

rightous
May 17th, 2005, 06:05 PM
No idea, man there are so many peeps from the old board I miss, where are they all, rightous hollas (better hope they are not like Gwen and holla back;) )

Helen Lawson
May 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Why would someone pretend to be something they're not on-line?

SM
May 18th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Why would someone pretend to be something they're not on-line?
good question, but it seems normal for people to pretend to be something they're not online i.e 90% of this place probably :tape: