PDA

View Full Version : My German Open (Pictures + Reports)

Paule22
Apr 30th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Ok, as I'm at the German Open every day, I will provide you with some reports and pictures.

Saturday 30.04.2005

My first match was Jana Kandarr vs. Elena Baltacha. Jana started very badly, I think that's because she has not played on the tour for such a long time. So Baltacha was ahead very quickly up to 4-0 in the first. Then Jana got better into the match and her shots were getting good. Baltacha started to become very pissed off and so Jana got some important points to win this. I think this was the best match today, because Jana played so well after all.

After this match I started to getting a bit around on the grounds and watched a bit of Black-Lisicki and training sessions of Shaughnessy, Hantuchova, Zwonarewa and Sharapowa. Zwonarewa is quiet cute, isn't she? Hantuchova was very thin but it was ok, not like some girls at my school, which have a big problem.

After that I was at Kerber vs. Sfar. I just watched the first set and Kerber hit too many errors and it was quite easy for Sfar to win this set. After this set I left for the draws with Anna-Lena Grönefeld. Nothing very special, just the Qatar TV Channel. The whole grounds are full of arabic spirit, they have build lots of stuff.

Then I was up to make some Pics of Vanessa Henke at her match against Ondraskova. Ondraskova was very good in what I have seen of the first set and had a medical break in the end of the first set. In second set, after Ondraskova had won the tiebreak, her game was getting weak immediately. It was easy for Henke to win the second set and in the beginning of set three it was enough for the "Prager Frühling" and she had to give up.

Now I switched courts and watched the end of the match of Angelika Roesch. Nothing very special, Roesch without a chance against Bohmova.

Then I watched the second set of Gehrlein vs. Kleinova and Gehrlein dominated this and it was easy to win against Kleinova. Nearly at the end of the match Gehrlein fall down and Kleinova asked if she is ok - I just mentioned that because it was a nice gesture, although Kleinova was very pissed of.

After the end of this, I went to the second set of Peschke vs. Petkovic. I felt so sorry for Petkovic, sometimes she was nearly crying, because Peschke was playing enourmsly good. By my side were Tatjana Malek and Barbara Rittner, they both tried to motivate Andy Petkovic. Tatjana then leaved for her match and I wished her good luck- I was happy to met her. And her father is a nice guy to, at least I think he is because he was chatting with another fan and felt very easy about Tatjana.

So now i waited for my favourite match for today : Tatjana Malek vs. Angela Haynes. Tatjana had a very strong start, nearly breaking Haynes for 2-0. But sadly, it lasted not very long. Tatjana played as good as Haynes, even a bit better, but was making to many errors and so it turned really bad. Tatjana had very much breakballs but was not able to take them. Badly enough she was falling down to the ground two times, so her knee was bleeding. But I like her style if she improves and can handle her errors, she will be a TOP-50 player in one or two years.

That was it for today, i was not interested in the last matches so I left after 7 hours of sometimes exiting tennis.

Next post is with a link to a photo gallery but if you want some pics of one of the players mentioned above in particular, just tell me.

Wiggly
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:06 PM
:hearts: report!

If you see Iveta Benesova or Kveta Peshke ;)

Paule22
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Pics are online at http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/samstag.

If you want a picture without copyright notice and in a much bigger size (3504x2336) send me a pm with your email-adress and the imagenumber(careful, images are big - up to 8MB - add size restrictions of your mail provider).

Highlandman
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report! :bounce: :) .. Do you made pics of Roesch or Kandarr? ;)

Paule22
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I wanted to make a picture of Roesch but I was very busy with my icecream - sorry :( But I can tell you that she looked very cute.

I took many pictures of Kandarr, see above in the gallery.

Highlandman
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I wanted to make a picture of Roesch but I was very busy with my icecream - sorry :( But I can tell you that she looked very cute.

I took many pictures of Kandarr, see above in the gallery.

Yes, she is very cute :) , what did she feel after her lost? Was she sad?

Cool, Jana is very sweet :)

Highlandman
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Pics are online at http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/samstag.

If you want a picture without copyright notice and in a much bigger size (3504x2336) send me a pm with your email-adress and the imagenumber(careful, images are big - up to 8MB - add size restrictions of your mail provider).

Nice pics, Kandarr looks very sweet :hearts:

Wiggly
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:19 PM
:) Thanks for Kveta pic

LefandePatty
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks a lot Paule !!! :)
it would be so great and nice from you to take a pic of Patty if you see her :hug: :D :)

lauryn
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:52 PM

I look forward to your next reports

shirgan
May 1st, 2005, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the report :)

gsm
May 1st, 2005, 04:36 AM
thanks paule22!!!

really enjoyed!

Sharapova's_Boy
May 1st, 2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks for the great report. :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
May 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks a lot :D

Paule22
May 1st, 2005, 07:34 PM
Sunday 01.05.2005

Ok today, was a bit strange. First match was Kerber vs. Gehrlein. I don't know what happend at 5-0 and 30-0 with Kerber. From that point on, she was not able to do something right. Without a doubt, Gehrlein shots were getting better, but just one game out of 14 after a 5-0 lead was awful for Angelique. She hit many errors in the second set, but it was just, strange.

Ok after this match I did my usual round around the courts and watched a bit of Sharapowa at Center Court, she does train the whole day, doesn't she? But today she was not so pissed off like yesterday when she just wanted to kick her coaches asses and go to bed or elsewhere.

Next match on Court 1 was Peschke vs. Kandarr and this was a very clear thing - Peschke was never really in trouble, she was even able to loose her service twice in first sentence. Jana was not playin really bad - but Peschke was just to good, to precisive, e.g. using stops when it was exactly the right moment. I don't know what she is doing in Qualifing. But nice to see Jana again, and for me the first time live - she is very georgeus and a quiet nice person. Once today she was helping the ball kids, like all the time, but then she hits on of the officals with her stroke and felt so sorry, it was really funny, Jana crying her heart out "Attention, Attention - SORRY!"

Next match was Tu vs. Müller and Müller was dominating the match in the first sets, Tu was very pissed off because of some decisions of the referee. I left this match because I was a bit bored of Court 1 and wanted to see what happens on the other courts. So I watched a bit of Haynes vs. Obziler, but I don't know really how they played, because I wasn't so interested, so I took some pictures and then watched Mary Pierce on the court nearby. She was training with some guy and looked quiet good. But this was boring too so I went into Center Court and found Nadia Petrowa and Wera Zwonarewa alone with their coaches. They did a training match and Vera was really bad and was nearly crying - even in training! She seems to be a wrack in nerves, if something went wrong she was so pissed of. Nadia was very focussed and hit some nice shots.

I wanted to see Lisicki but the court was so crowded that I was not able to get into it. So I watched the doubles qualifiying between the Barna sisters and Malek/Kerber. Malek and Kerber was a lot better then the Barna sister, they just played rubbish, especially Anca. So Tatjana and Angie won easily.

So now I interrupted my report for 2 hours, because of school stuff, sorry for being so late.

Ok after that my mum came to the grounds and we did some other stuff, watching a bit of Shaughnessy and Hantuchova having a training match and the second qualifer doubles match. But I was not looking very much at the match because my mum was talking some nonsense. We saw Schruff and Dechy training together, too.

Then I went home because my mother wanted to go home after 1 1/2 hours and I was thinking that The doubles qualifier final would be on monday. So I went home and saw on the internet, that the match of Malek is on, I went back and saw the second set which was dominated be Malek and Kerber, with some nice shots of Gehrlein - Matic was not very good.

In the end of the day, I just watched Babsi Rittner and Julia Schruff hitting a bit together and went home. Not such an exiting day - but ok.

Sorry that my report is not so well written as I want it to be, too many other stuff to do. Pictures will follow in a moment.

Wiggly
May 1st, 2005, 07:44 PM
:worship: Thanks you so much

Mathijs
May 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Great report Paule thanks :)

GoDominique
May 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks again. :)

Was Kerber really 5-0 30-0 up ??? :eek: Weird, but she had a similar choke at the National Champs in December against Barrois when she was 4-0 30-0 up and lost the set. :o She needs to fix that or else ... :(

Anca :o makes me really optimistic for her match tomorrow :rolleyes: :help: :crying2:

Your mum deserves some respect. http://cache.wtaworld.com/wtaworld/ubb/icons/icon4.gif

Paule22
May 1st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks again. :)

Was Kerber really 5-0 30-0 up ??? :eek: Weird, but she had a similar choke at the National Champs in December against Barrois when she was 4-0 30-0 up and lost the set. :o She needs to fix that or else ... :(

Anca :o makes me really optimistic for her match tomorrow :rolleyes: :help: :crying2:

Your mum deserves some respect. http://cache.wtaworld.com/wtaworld/ubb/icons/icon4.gif

Yeah, I was happy that my mom came, because then I was not alone, but she kept me away from seeing the matches - I respect and love my mum, for what she is doing for me and my brother every day.

Kerber was sad, indead.

crazillo
May 1st, 2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I was happy that my mom came, because then I was not alone, but she kept me away from seeing the matches - I respect and love my mum, for what she is doing for me and my brother every day.

Kerber was said, indead.

I know that.............. ;)

AWESOME REPORT!!! :)

Paule22
May 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Now, the pictures are online at http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag/

Have Fun! ;)

JuchuKai
May 1st, 2005, 08:22 PM
nice report and pics :)

I didn't go today. I think we'll be there tuesday again

GoSandrine
May 1st, 2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the report and the great photos :)

Is that Kveta in the red top and white skirt with red trim? She's looking quite stylish in that outfit and hair color. ;) And Meilen looking as colorful as ever. :hearts:

Wiggly
May 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for pics :) Did that was your last dya at the tourney? :confused:

GoDominique
May 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Awesome pics :worship:

You made some of Caroline Schneider too :hearts:
Can you say anything about how she plays? Just one word? Pleeeaaase !!!!!!!! :o

Paule22
May 1st, 2005, 08:36 PM
I will be there every day. Tommorow I have something to do in school until 12 and then I'm going home very quick to grab my cam and be right back and the tournament.

Yeah, I just took the Scheinder pics for you ;) Hmm she doubled with Haynes, which had an awful day today and Schneider herself was solid in this match, nothing special but she has some nice shots when she nearly alone breaked Malek/Kerber at 7-2 or 7-3.

GoDominique
May 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM
I will be there every day. Tommorow I have something to do in school until 12 and then I'm going home very quick to grab my cam and be right back and the tournament.

Yeah, I just took the Scheinder pics for you ;) Hmm she doubled with Haynes, which had an awful day today and Schneider herself was solid in this match, nothing special but she has some nice shots when she nearly alone breaked Malek/Kerber at 7-2 or 7-3.
I owe you something for the pics :worship: ;) too bad she didn't get into singles quali, and I couldn't go today :( :sad:
Oh well, maybe next year ;)

Wiggly
May 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM

Oh! Great :bounce:

crazillo
May 1st, 2005, 09:18 PM

Hope you will take a pic of Maggie tommorw and also all the Germans? :wavey:

Majolifan
May 1st, 2005, 09:21 PM
Tolle Fotos. Danke!

Kannst du sie vieleicht noch irgendwie kenntlich machen, damit man lesen kann, wer das ist? Welches ist Caro Schneider? Und wer ist die mit der weißen Kappe und dem weißen T-shirt und der grauen shorts, die du beim Aufschlag fotografiert hast? Wäre nett wenn du antwortest.

Paule22
May 1st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Bittschön.

Also ich denke mal du meinst Foto IMG_0484.jpg (http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag/pages/IMG_0484.htm) - das ist Wera Zwonarewa.

Caro Schneider ist hier (http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag/pages/IMG_0562.htm) und hier (http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag/pages/IMG_0567.htm) zu sehen.

Ach nochwas, das ist mir einfach zu anstregend, auch noch die Bilder zu benennen, sorry. Einfach nachfragen im Zweifelsfall.

Spunky83
May 1st, 2005, 09:35 PM
Paule, thanks for the story and the pics...I will be arriving thursday as I don´t live in Berlin and can´t live at my friend´s house for a whole week, but damn I´d really like to see two of my faves (nastya and ana i.) playing doubles together. In case you´re attending the match or walk by as it is played on court 4, take pics, please;)

forever_rafter
May 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
Eleni Daniilidou photos, bitte :worship:

Daniel
May 2nd, 2005, 04:03 AM
Thansk Paule :)

conchitaeterna
May 2nd, 2005, 06:11 PM
And Conchita?

Steff_forever
May 2nd, 2005, 06:51 PM
Echt klasse von Dir, Paule ! :kiss:

Super Fotos, detailreiche Berichte, weiter so !!!!!!! :worship: :yeah: :bowdown:

Mich wunderts, daß Du Die großen pics per email einfach so aus der Hand gibst (ohne Wasserzeichen): Du verkaufts die Dinger doch, oder ? (copyright-Klau ...)
===================
Viel Spaß morgen, bleib am (Tennis-)Ball ! Hoffentlich hält sich das Wetter ...

Paule22
May 2nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Wer will denn meine Bilder kaufen, so dolle sind die nun auch nicht? Habe nur auf den Bildern immer den copyright-Verweis drauf, weil ich nicht möchte, das die Bilder irgendwo auf irgendwelchen Seiten benutzt werden, ohne meinen Namen zu nennen, weil es immernoch meine Bilder sind. Und per E-Mail gebe ich richtigen Fans doch gerne mal ein Bild von ihrem Star, weil ich selber weiss, wie ich mich freue, mal ein größeres Bild von Meghann Shaughnessy zu bekommen.

Nevertheless now for our ENGLISCH SCHPEAKERS:

Monday 02.05.2005

Ok, as I said I was at school until 12 so I was late for the tournament. SHIT! It was really loud at the grounds today because it was school kids day an they(the kids) stayed until 2 o'clock and so everybody was shouting, and running around. So I searched for some peace and found the match Marrero vs. Koukalova. Koukalova looked very cute so I stayed, good reason eh?!?

I would not say that Koukalova dominated Marrero - the first set was so boring and just bad tennis. So many errors, I can't believe it! Perhaps the worst set in the tournament so far. Marrero found herself back in arguing with the referee such a long time, because of a ball, which was in - ok it was very important - was the point for Koukalova to win the set. I think this incident was the point, why Marrero lost the match, because after that she tried to hit even more errors and was sucessfull. Koukalovas shots wasn't that really good but at least her she reduced her errors, so she won. But it was a really bad match, just base line all the time, boring.

After that I took some photos of Patty and Maria Sharapowa, Patty in a doubles match and Maria at training. My next match was Myskina/Ivanovic vs. Fedak/Osterloh. I think, Ivanovic was the factor that they won, Myskina alone would have lost it. But a nice doubles match, both teams enjoying doubles as usual. I think doubles is much easier for the girls because they don't have to archieve so much, it's more for fun. After Myskina and Ivanovic had won the second set I left for the end of Anca Barnas match, because I was sure, that Ivanovic would win this anyway...

Oh my god, whats up with Anca. At least she did a bit of fighting in the end of the match, but it was just terrible - no winners, just getting points if Penetta was out to risk something. Kim Clijsters, Babsi Rittner and Julia Schruff watched the match as well.

Haha I mixed something up, sorry: I was looking at Myskina/Ivanovic before their doubles match, then the defeat of Barna and then I watched the doubles match.

So, now I was off for the 3rd time seeing Stephanie Gehrlein at Court 1. She was playing against Jill Craybas and it was a very interesting match, nice shots from both - good ground line perfomances but it was getting bad, when Gehrlein begun to feel some pain in her back. The match was getting very boring again, no more agression like in set 1 and in the beginning of set 2. Gehrlein stopped for a medical break three times, but she had a good chance to win this - it was not Craybas best day, but I think she was the cooler one in the end. Gehrlein begun to shout and was unhappy about her game. She has to focus more, then she can archieve a lot because I think she has a very solid and often very good forehand(how is it called) and can hit it like a top-player but then, like yesterday against Kerber she is to often not concentrated and hit errors.
Hmm, sad.

Now nothing very special was on so I tried to just make some pictures and getting around. I saw a bit of Daniilidou vs. Bohmova and it was quiet interesting but I left to see some more action. Yesterday I saw Daniilidou from the back and she looked like a tall man, but today she was fortunately a women again. Then i took some pictures of Maleeva and Douchvina and was bit sad because Douchvina seems to be a nice girl and she was so sad when she was looking at Anna-Lenas match.

Last match after 6 hours (gehrlein played really long), was Anna-Lena Grönefeld vs. Linetskaya.
Impressive, just impressive. Anna-Lena played like hell, I never saw her so solid, hitting so many good returns and winners. If she plays this way against Sharapova, she has a quite good chance. Linetskaya was not so good today, she did nothing to bring Anna-Lena in a whiff of fear, so it was easy for this impressive Anna-Lena. She seems to be very motivated and focussed.

So that's for today, it was a bit boring, beside the matches of Ivanovic and Myskina and the Grönefeld one, but these two was worth spending the day there, I really enjoyed them until 8pm :)

Pics to come in approx. 20 min. ;)

Paule22
May 2nd, 2005, 08:21 PM
Pics are available at http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/montag/

Have Fun! :bounce:

Wiggly
May 2nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks again :)

Steff_forever
May 2nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
Wer will denn meine Bilder kaufen, so dolle sind die nun auch nicht? Habe nur auf den Bildern immer den copyright-Verweis drauf, weil ich nicht möchte, das die Bilder irgendwo auf irgendwelchen Seiten benutzt werden, ohne meinen Namen zu nennen, weil es immernoch meine Bilder sind. Und per E-Mail gebe ich richtigen Fans doch gerne mal ein Bild von ihrem Star, weil ich selber weiss, wie ich mich freue, mal ein größeres Bild von Meghann Shaughnessy zu bekommen.

Viele Nahaufnahmen kann man wirklich mit Gold aufwiegen. Wie Du für Meghann schwärme ich für Dani - und so war ich doch sehr angetan von den 4 o. 5 Fotos v. Sa. u So. (könntest Du mir bitte von Dani folgende Großformate senden ???: IMG_0136 & IMG_0547, meine e-mail Adresse findest DU in Deinen private messages; ich denke mein arcor-email-Kasten faßt so 30MB). VIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELEN DANK !!!!!! :hearts:

Monday 02.05.2005
[...]
After that I took some photos of Patty and Maria Sharapowa, Patty in a doubles match and Maria at training. My next match was Myskina/Ivanovic vs. Fedak/Osterloh. I think, Ivanovic was the factor that they won, Myskina alone would have lost it. But a nice doubles match, both teams enjoying doubles as usual. I think doubles is much easier for the girls because they don't have to archieve so much, it's more for fun. After Myskina and Ivanovic had won the second set I left for the end of Anca Barnas match, because I was sure, that Ivanovic would win this anyway...
I guess Nastya is in a mental depression. :shrug: Hopefully Ana can make her smile again and give her some confidence for the md ...
I hope you took some good shots of Patty, havn't watched your pics fr today, yet

Oh my god, whats up with Anca. At least she did a bit of fighting in the end of the match, but it was just terrible - no winners, just getting points if Penetta was out to risk something. Kim Clijsters, Babsi Rittner and Julia Schruff watched the match as well.
Somehow Babsi wants to help Anca with her problems, but both sisters have temporarily no formula to get out of their slump ...
Keep fighting, Anca !

So, now I was off for the 3rd time seeing Stephanie Gehrlein at Court 1. She was playing against Jill Craybas and it was a very interesting match, nice shots from both - good ground line perfomances but it was getting bad, when Gehrlein begun to feel some pain in her back. The match was getting very boring again, no more agression like in set 1 and in the beginning of set 2. Gehrlein stopped for a medical break three times, but she had a good chance to win this - it was not Craybas best day, but I think she was the cooler one in the end. Gehrlein begun to shout and was unhappy about her game. She has to focus more, then she can archieve a lot because I think she has a very solid and often very good forehand(how is it called) and can hit it like a top-player but then, like yesterday against Kerber she is to often not concentrated and hit errors.
Hmm, sad.
Stephanie could hav done much better without that f.. handicap. Why here, why in such a good situation to qualify ? Damn ...

Then i took some pictures of Maleeva and Douchvina and was bit sad because Douchvina seems to be a nice girl and she was so sad when she was looking at Anna-Lenas match.
Half a year ago I thought Douchevina would widen the gap to Anna.Lena in the top60. Now the Russian is in a slump. And the French Open opponents of the junior final in 2003 (who share a certain fate since then) seem to get stuck in the top40 ...

Last match after 6 hours (gehrlein played really long), was Anna-Lena Grönefeld vs. Linetskaya.
Impressive, just impressive. Anna-Lena played like hell, I never saw her so solid, hitting so many good returns and winners. If she plays this way against Sharapova, she has a quite good chance. Linetskaya was not so good today, she did nothing to bring Anna-Lena in a whiff of fear, so it was easy for this impressive Anna-Lena. She seems to be very motivated and focussed.
Surprise, surprise, but ALG made the best out of her love to clay and Zhenya obviously still hasn't accustomed to that red stuff ...
Keep going Anna-Lena ! Hopefully she can challenge Masha. But I think it'll be an unconquerable task for Anna-Lena on Wednesday ...
Best of luck ALG & pls push her, Paule !

~~~~ **** ~~~~
THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS SPLENDID REPORT :wavey: :worship: :hearts: :worship: :wavey:, I'm very anxious now to see your pics from today !
Have a good time at the Hundekehle tomorrow !!!!! :yeah:

Steff_forever
May 2nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
really unique pics, thanks !

Hantuchova & Bovina at practice :kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

Ivanovic/Myskina :drool: :drool: :drool:

Douchevina & Gehrlein & Grönefeld : :D :worship: :worship: :D

Bohmova : pics are wonderful ! :drool: :eek: :drool:

forever_rafter
May 2nd, 2005, 09:50 PM
Danke fur Daniilidou :worship:

Paule22
May 2nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
Rrrrr
http://home.arcor.de/stamps/sharapova.jpg

forever_rafter
May 2nd, 2005, 10:00 PM
what a close-up ;-)

yukon145
May 2nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
wow could that NIKE symbol on Ana's dress get any bigger???

Sonja
May 2nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Thanks very much for your reports and photos!! I look forward to reading/seeing more.

Please if you get the chance grab a photo or two of Amélie. :)

Derek.
May 3rd, 2005, 02:03 AM
Good reports and pics! :D

graf_fan_
May 3rd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Awesome reports and Pictures!!!

HectorMagnus
May 3rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
:yeah: thanks for report and pics :)

Nadia :drool: pure beauty.... :lick:

pan
May 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! :worship:

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks. :D

I will post my full report later. ;)

galadriel
May 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Great report :D

JuchuKai
May 3rd, 2005, 10:25 AM
wow, the maria pic is a huge close up. Do you have such a great zoom or were you just 1m away from her :lol: ?

petey_pan
May 3rd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Anna-Lena :worship: what a convincing win! Plz do well against Masha

davidmario
May 3rd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the report and the great photos :)

Is that Kveta in the red top and white skirt with red trim? She's looking quite stylish in that outfit and hair color. ;) And Meilen looking as colorful as ever. :hearts:
Yeah, that's Kveta :hearts:
:wavey:

Paule22
May 3rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
It was a very relaxing day, and that was exactly what I needed.

Tuesday 03.05.05

The pity today was, that I had to be in school until 1245 and so I was not able to be right there for the Malek/Kerber vs. Marrero/Talaja match. This was making me so sad, but I was able to watch the end of the second set. Tatjana and Angelique were playin good as I came and rebreaked at 1-3 but their game was not good enough for the well organzied opponents. A bit more luck and this could had been more, maybe a 3rd set. But ok, Tatjana was not sad, I wished her good luck for next week and she was very kind again.

Then I planned to visit several matches, but no chance. Meghann Shaughnessy was playin Libuse Prusova and it lasted nearly 3 hours. This was an absolut relaxing match. It was not too bad, not too good, it was with Meghann and in the end Meghann won. It was relaxing because both acted not very impressive, hitting errors and serving many aces. Meghann was not such a strong server today, but I don't know really how to describe, both were doing not to much, but having some good rallies...BOLLOCKS...It was just a good match for me, because Meghann was in it. The first and second set were awful, only in the end of the third set Meghann begun to do something to win this match and started to play a bit better. But she got rebreaked and so it was tie-break in which Meghann was winning very quickly. Overall I liked that match, nobody was staying at the match besides Rafael and me, for the whole time, which was understable, but for me it was just relaxing and good to see Meghann. Prusova is a quite nice girl but without any weapon.

I wanted to see Sandra Klösel, but the match was already over so I found myself back at the centre court at 3-0 for Petrova against Koukalova. Koukalova came back to 5-5 and was playin very strong, hitting very nice winners from the baseline, Nadia lost her confidence and I think it was the rain which saved Nadia from loosing at least the first set. Rain is a bad thing, Nadia was really pissed off, and after the second rain break, which was announced after 15 minutes playing in the rain in which Nadia was moaning about her racquet becoming to wet, it was again Koukalova dominating the match, but she didn't archive that much from her domination. And when the match was started for the third time, it was Nadia playin as nothing happend before, just good stuff and Koukalova like she had forget how to play tennis.

In the rain breaks, I was thinking about going home because I was becoming very wet and it was getting very cold and I only was wearing a shirt, no jacket...freezing started. But nevertheless I stayed and saw a very quick and impressive match of Kveta Peschke defeating Vera Zvonareva. Vera behaves like a little child, I don't know why. After two double faults at 2-2 in the first set it was over for her. She begun to cry, send her coach of the court ("Leave - ALONE" - she was crying) and he left. After that Vera was not able to catch any game, she played like a child, which says: "I'm pissed off, I do what I want and everything is lost anyway"...She was playin without a mind, just producing double faults and errors. Kveta reminded me a bit of Anna-Lena from yesterday, she was hitting many good winners as well, not as good as Anna-Lena but by far good enough against this Zvonareva because she used some stops as well. These stops were very effective, I can't remember that Very got any of them.

So overall, just 3 matches, but a very nice day - the rain was a bit too much but it was not so hot today which I found personally very good, because it was much TOO HOT the days before. Sorry that I missed so many matches, but Meghann was important for me.

Pictures are available at http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag

Paule22
May 3rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
wow, the maria pic is a huge close up. Do you have such a great zoom or were you just 1m away from her :lol: ?

7-8 meters and an average zoom 200mm Brennweite ;)

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2005, 08:53 PM
:hatoff:

Can you put the watermark elsewhere here? I can't see Vera cry in all her beauty. ;)

http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag/images/IMG_1087.jpg

Wiggly
May 3rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
Nice pics and nice report :)

Paule22
May 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
ok ok - But don't make fun of her. I like Vera.

http://home.arcor.de/stamps/zvonareva.jpg

GoDominique
May 3rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry. :o Thanks. :D

Steff_forever
May 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
:hatoff:

Can you put the watermark elsewhere here? I can't see Vera cry in all her beauty. ;)

Why ? the dot after the www is exactly on the right place ... ;)

It's unbelievable how Vera behaves if nothing fits and totally falls apart with her behaviour ...

Steff_forever
May 3rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
thanks again for the Dani-pics, Paule !!!

nice report again, but take a rain-cap with you tomorrow ;)

GoSandrine
May 4th, 2005, 03:59 AM
quack!

*Jean*
May 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Very nice Meg's pics ;)
Can i have them without the little text in the middle ? :p

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 4th, 2005, 03:35 PM
:rolleyes: vera needs to grow up

suzie
May 4th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Nice pics, thanks! Can you make some of Amélie please? ;)

Paule22
May 4th, 2005, 09:16 PM
What a cool day.

Wednesday, 4th of May

Ok, I started at Noon with Shaughnessy vs. Randriantefy at Court 5. Meghann was better than yesterday and was hitting much more aces and was playing very solid and concentrated in the first set. In set number two, everything went very well for Meghann, but she wasn't able to convert her chances into points, often she had a breakpoint, but Dally was getting the point. I think her strong serve saved her the win in the second set, otherwise it could have been some other result. Let's see what she can do tomorrow against Bovina.

My next match was the last match of Babsi Rittner. And before saying something about the match I have so say that I was so angry, I waited for the match on Court 5 while it was already running on Court 4. They changed it, like the whole day. Crap! I was thinking that Schruff is without a chance against Myskina so I decided to watch the second set of Babsi Rittner. Hmm...ok. You know what happend to Schruff.

Babsi was playing allright, if you know that she hasn't played on tour for more than half a year. She was making some very dumb errors, but it was ok, she felt not bad about them and was smiling all the time. Kveta was not playing as good as yesterday and so Hantuchova and Sugiyama won easily. There where some nice points, Babsi breaked Hantuchova at 5-2 with some nice shots. But what happend to her legs?!? I don't mind, but now she looks like a normal women with a bit to big legs. That's why she is wearing this baggy-stuff all the time. Someone says today, right behind me, she could be a sumowrestler as well. But I understand Babsi, as far she is so nice all the time, that's very very ok, she's just enjoying herself.

When Julia Schruff won, Babsi was nearly freakin out on the Court. At 2-5 in the second set she was trying to phone Julia on the bench, haha. It was very touching, even without seeing how Julia did archived that.

After that I joined in for Kim Clijsters vs. Dinara Safina. I don't know how Clijsters is doing that, getting every ball, hitting so many good winners. It's just too good. Dinara was playing really really well, she broke Kim two times or so but everytime Kim was coming back. It's like, when Kim wants to make the point, she makes it. It was 5-6 in first set and Dinara was serving when Kim had her first setpoint, and Dinara was falling down when she was trying to bring the ball back, Kim asked if she is ok and had won the set.

After that, I was looking a bit at Zvonareva. Vera had won her doubles match easily and was hitting a bit with Likhovtseva. She can smile and ten 10 seconds later she is nearly freaking out about some ball.

Next match was the big match between Maria and Anna-Lena. You all saw it on TV - i just want to say, that Anna-Lena was not playing in any way as good as Monday. She was ok, but Sharapova - what can you say? Her balls are marvelous, too good, always in the right place. Also when Maria was in trouble and Anna-Lena was leading 15-40, Maria ever served it out. WOW!

After that big match, many people were going away, I stayed for some more action. I joined in at 3-1 for Jankovic in set 3 against Penetta. What an exiting 3rd set. It was like a festival of breakes, neither Penetta nor Jankovic were able to get through their serve. So it was 3-5 and Jankovic serving for match. She wasn't able to get the point, with going through many deuces. Then Penetta was serving and she was able to get that point as well. 5-5. Jankovic lost her service again and it was 40-15 for Penetta at 6-5. Jelena was hitting some ball, at which the linesman says, it is out. The referee wanted to look at it, but Penetta was saying it was in and the point was played again. Jankovic got that point and won the tiebreak easily. Penetta was fair but that maybe costed her the win. But an extremly interesting match, with so many good returns.

I thought it was over for today but then I saw Bovina playing Daniilidou. It was getting already dark but the played until 8:30. Bovinas style reminds me a bit of Clijsters. She is getting all the balls as well, but plays them back so slowly and easy that after a while Daniilidou was able to make the point or the error. That's why Daniilidou won the second set. If Bovina is able to create a weapon, she will be Top 10. Daniilidou was claiming in the beginning of set three that she is not able to see the ball anymore and she wants to stop the match. But Bovina said she can see the ball and wants to go on, so they played and Elena was getting that match quite easily in set 3.

In the end I took some pictures in the darkness of Kirilenko, Peng and Kostanic at their doubles match, but it was already to dark. Another long day at the German Open, but very enjoyable - Great Matches.

Sorry for putting so many pictures of Babsi Rittner in the gallery, but it was her last match, so please skip if you are not interested ;) Pics are at: http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/mittwoch/

There are some pics of Benesova as well. And for all the Amelie lovers - there are two in the gallery from monday.

Majolifan
May 4th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Danke für das Angebot Paule.

Wer ist das?
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/montag/pages/IMG_0607.htm

und das?
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/montag/pages/IMG_0642.htm
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag/pages/IMG_0915.htm
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag/pages/IMG_0924.htm

Danke!

Wiggly
May 4th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks to Iveta pics :hearts:

Paule22
May 4th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Danke für das Angebot Paule.

Wer ist das?
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/montag/pages/IMG_0607.htm

und das?
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/montag/pages/IMG_0642.htm
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag/pages/IMG_0915.htm
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/dienstag/pages/IMG_0924.htm

Danke!

607 ist Marta Marrero.
642 ist, ehm ich glaube sie heisst Maria oder so...Sharapovski..naja weiss nicht so genau.
915 ist Tatjana :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Malek, aufstrebendes deutsches Talent.
und 924 ist die Qualifikantin Prusova aus Tschechien im Spiel gegen Meghann Shaughnessy.

conchitaeterna
May 4th, 2005, 09:44 PM
And Conchita?? :(

Paule22
May 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I saw Conchita today, playin together with Husarova, but wanted to see the Penetta match. Next time I see her, I will take some pics.

Steff_forever
May 4th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Every day it's a pleasure to read your impressions. Must have been somehow strange to see Babsi in her last match on tour ...
But you gave us all some g8 colorful 'short-cuts' of this last match.

On the other hand you must be glad about the performance of your favorite player. Megh is doing quite well and maybe she can upset Lena in the 3rd rd tomorrow. But I have my doubts.
I'm a bit dissappointed that you missed the match of Julia defeating Nastya - it was the first time a German got some headlines at the Hundekehle after SG. It would have been nice to know from you the thoughts of Julia making Nastya angry with her dropshots ...
But thanks for all the pictures of Babsi, Daniela, Lena, Dinara, Jelena J. and last not least Jelena Kostanic and Shuai Peng. Fantastic views again !!!!!!! :bowdown: :kiss:

Hope you could have said some words to Babsi after her last match.
In retrospect to that situation I must say I talked to Anke Huber after her last match in Munich 2001 and I was glad to get some thoughts about her leaving from tennis ...

Paule22
May 4th, 2005, 10:21 PM
On the other hand you must be glad about the performance of your favorite player. Megh is doing quite well and maybe she can upset Lena in the 3rd rd tomorrow. But I have my doubts.

Her draw is extremly good this time, but as far as I know Meghann it can be over very quickly.

I'm a bit dissappointed that you missed the match of Julia defeating Nastya - it was the first time a German got some headlines at the Hundekehle after SG. It would have been nice to know from you the thoughts of Julia making Nastya angry with her dropshots ...

I thought about seeing that match, but I was not delighted by Julias perfomance in Essen last week, where she was playing some good lops, but nothing else.

Hope you could have said some words to Babsi after her last match.

Naja, man sieht Babsi doch jeden Tag, sie ist immer da, man kann immer mit ihr quatschen wenn man will und sich traut. Sie ist immer freundlich. Heute hat ein Vollassi ihren Namen gegröhlt, da hat sie gewunken und er hat ihr dann ein Küsschen zugeworfen und auch sonst recht proletenhaft rumgefuhrwerkt, da war sie dann irgendwie beleidigt, aber alleine das sie immer rumlächelt und Spass hat, nett ist, ist gut. Da mag man von ihrem Köter halten was man will.

Steff_forever
May 4th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Naja, man sieht Babsi doch jeden Tag, sie ist immer da, man kann immer mit ihr quatschen wenn man will und sich traut. Sie ist immer freundlich. Heute hat ein Vollassi ihren Namen gegröhlt, da hat sie gewunken und er hat ihr dann ein Küsschen zugeworfen und auch sonst recht proletenhaft rumgefuhrwerkt, da war sie dann irgendwie beleidigt, aber alleine das sie immer rumlächelt und Spass hat, nett ist, ist gut. Da mag man von ihrem Köter halten was man will.

Babsi ist ein sehr kumpelhafter Typ, ich weis. Nach dem Match war sie dann wohl aber nicht mehr ansprechbar, oder?. Ich glaub ich hab sie beim Schruff-match dann auf der linken Tribüne gesehen, als sie sich mit Wöhr(???) belustigt über ihren Flohträger hermachte ...
Kleine Köter und dumme Trampel auf der Bühne gehen mir auch auf den Geist, eben weil sie immer da sein müssen und die Stimmung oft vermiesen ...

Paule22
May 4th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Babsi ist ein sehr kumpelhafter Typ, ich weis. Nach dem Match war sie dann wohl aber nicht mehr ansprechbar, oder?. Ich glaub ich hab sie beim Schruff-match dann auf der linken Tribüne gesehen, als sie sich mit Wöhr(???) belustigt über ihren Flohträger hermachte ...
Kleine Köter und dumme Trampel auf der Bühne gehen mir auch auf den Geist, eben weil sie immer da sein müssen und die Stimmung oft vermiesen ...

Naja, sie hing nach dem Match nur noch am Handy - und bei Anna-Lenas Match, das meintest du bestimmt, saß sie da mit Wöhr, richtig. Später schaute sie dann noch bei Penetta vs. Jankovic mit Schruff über den Zaun und ihr Hund lief auch irgendwo rum :)

sebbe
May 4th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Paule22 -....are you never going to watch a match with Mary:(?

Wiggly
May 5th, 2005, 12:13 AM
He watch matchs he want to see not match YOU want he see ;)

smarties
May 5th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Bovinas style reminds me a bit of Clijsters. She is getting all the balls as well, but plays them back so slowly and easy that after a while Daniilidou was able to make the point or the error. That's why Daniilidou won the second set. If Bovina is able to create a weapon, she will be Top 10.

Maybe Lena wa not in top shape cause I can assure you she's got some major weapons; when she came to Montréal last sumer, people were :eek: by her groundies and serve.

Havok
May 5th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Yes, I can contest to that. I just watched a practice session from Bovina, and the power she hit with was very impressive.:scared:

GoSandrine
May 5th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Paule, thanks for the terririfc report. :worship:

My heart sank when I read Flavia's result but at least she fought back and it's nice to hear she showed good sportsmanship.

Also glad you got to see and detail some of Eleni and Elena. Poor Eleni, Wonder if she was tired or if she really was having trouble seeing the ball in twilight.

spar
May 5th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Very good pics of Daniilidou, thank`s for it and report.

Paule22
May 5th, 2005, 07:09 PM
I'm going to play some Badminton in 20 minutes, so I will post my report later - approx 1:00 am - Sorry.

LefandePatty
May 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I'm going to play some Badminton in 20 minutes, so I will post my report later - approx 1:00 am - Sorry.

no problem, thanx, have fun at badminton :) :wavey:

Paule22
May 5th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Ok, today was the Petrova, Shaughnessy and Bovina day.

Thursday 05.05.05

My father and my brother were with me today, that was nice. We started with Petrova vs. Pierce. They were many Pierce supporters on Court 1, they painted some posters as well. In the beginning of the match Mary and Nadia were playing very solid and equally. No problems to serve out their serves. Then Nadia was nearly broken and Pierce was frustrated, that she was not able to break Nadia. From that on a very focussed Nadia was doing everything right and Pierce was hitting more and more errors. This lasted until Nadia was in front 5-2 in the second set, when Mary tried to get her stuff together and was at 5-5 again. But then Nadia was able to serve for 6-5 and now it was Mary who has to push to get into tiebreak. But Nadia broken her with some nice returns - Mary was hitting many balls far beyond the line, too - and so Nadia won the match. Good start.

While this action was going on, my father wanted to see Clijsters and said that is was unbelievable. She had got 4 matchpoints, and was forced to give up. He also said that she was playing as I described yesterday, getting every ball, but this was why she was fallen down, because she wanted to get this crucial ball as well. Hmm.

Next match on Court 1 was Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Elena Bovina. I'm becoming a fan of Bovina, besides that she is very cute player, she is smiling very often, enjoys to play and today her play was a lot better than yesterday against Daniilidou. Now I was able to discover her weapons, she can hit very nice winners from the base line and is able to react very quickly. Meghanns serve was better today, but it was just not enough against Elena. And again this fuckin break stuff - Meghann has 2 break balls and is not able to turn one into points, I don't know why, but this is making all her work just nonsensical. It is like when she was playin against Davenport in Indian Wells, wheer she was able to win, but this is her weakness. Also some shots which are just easy and she is hitting them into the offside of the court. So Elena won rather easy, she was dominating nearly the whole match.

At 3-1 for Schruff I joined in for her match against Jankovic. I don't know what happend until then, but after that she was just playin like the #107 in the world. Some nice shots (e.g. stops), her backhand is a good one, but everything else, is just #107. Too many errors, unbeliavable bad returns and a very vulnerable second service. Jankovic was just solid, nothing more, but that was enough, she just was getting a bit in trouble when Schruff was breaking her in the end of the second set.

Now it was a bit touching moment (was it live on Eurosport?), when they said officially goodbye to Rittner - but it was even more touching when they did that half an hour later at the Mercedes-Benz location in Qatar Village. There she was talking a bit about the FedCup, the german tennis and her dog. It seems to be, that no one else likes this dog besides her.

I saw the end of the doubles match between Kostanic/Peng and Medina Garrigues/Safina which was 4-5 when i joined in and nobody was able to get their service through. But then Kostanic archieved that and so they won, Dinara was very pissed off.

My last match was the doubles with again Petrova, Shaughnessy, Bovina and in addition Dechy. Nadia and Meghann were taking that match very serious, no smiling, just focussed. Elena and Natalie seemed to have fun on the court and was playing good stuff but I think that Nadia and Meghann are just to good teaming up together, they harmonize very well, and it was sometimes very easy for them to break the opponents to love. Both, Nadia and Meghann are strong on the net, serving like hell and even Meghann plays a lot better than in singles, maybe because she is not alone, and is therefore able to make these crucial breakpoints, but I don't know.

I don't want to see Kutznetsova vs. Martinez, so I left and it was a good day, I'm looking forward to see Bovina, Petrova and Shaughnessy again, this will be fun.

Pics are on http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/donnerstag/ - Enjoy :)

Oh one question - is Mary Pierce able to smile?

smarties
May 5th, 2005, 11:23 PM
There she was talking a bit about the FedCup, the german tennis and her dog. It seems to be, that no one else likes this dog besides her.

:haha:

BTW, happy to hear you're becoming a Lena B fan :D , I agree with you, you got to love her attitude out there.

Paule22
May 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
:haha:

BTW, happy to hear you're becoming a Lena B fan :D , I agree with you, you got to love her attitude out there.

Especially when you think about the other russian players...

Mana
May 6th, 2005, 12:04 AM
:drool: Nadia looks so good in these pics! :hearts:

forever_rafter
May 6th, 2005, 07:34 AM

Definiteley, off court :D

Paulle22, what camera do you use?

Steff_forever
May 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Next match on Court 1 was Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Elena Bovina. I'm becoming a fan of Bovina, besides that she is very cute player, she is smiling very often, enjoys to play and today her play was a lot better than yesterday against Daniilidou. Now I was able to discover her weapons, she can hit very nice winners from the base line and is able to react very quickly. Meghanns serve was better today, but it was just not enough against Elena...
That's why I like both girls. They're very charming ...
I doubted that Maghann can win that match . and I was right cause her weakness in converting chances is apparent as it is on Patty Schnyders' side (see yesterday's match at the end of set 1). That's why Meghann is no top ten player and never will be. Maybe comparable to Daniela Hantuchova these times (as much as I like her, sorry).

Now Lena B faces JJ - and once again my sentimental support tends not to the gentle power cuase she's the favorite. I'll back her if she reaches the SF then, thats for sure !

At 3-1 for Schruff I joined in for her match against Jankovic. I don't know what happend until then, but after that she was just playin like the #107 in the world. Some nice shots (e.g. stops), her backhand is a good one, but everything else, is just #107. Too many errors, unbeliavable bad returns and a very vulnerable second service. Jankovic was just solid, nothing more, but that was enough, she just was getting a bit in trouble when Schruff was breaking her in the end of the second set.
This problem comes up to most of the German players. Five highlighted days in the year and that's all we can expect. Where are the Hubers and Kohde-Kilschs ? Let alone SG after 6 years of her retirement ...

Now it was a bit touching moment (was it live on Eurosport?), when they said officially goodbye to Rittner - but it was even more touching when they did that half an hour later at the Mercedes-Benz location in Qatar Village. There she was talking a bit about the FedCup, the german tennis and her dog. It seems to be, that no one else likes this dog besides her.not on EuSp, just frustrating: you lucky one. Must have been very touching !
Hopefully you kicked her flea-carrier in your thoughts a 1000x.

Pics are on http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/donnerstag/ - Enjoy :)
these pics are very close to the action on court and sometimes very intimate:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: : Just look at that pic --->
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/donnerstag/pages/IMG_1338.htm :lol:

LafandeMary
May 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM

Normally, she often smiles when she plays, wasn't she yesterday? Because in one of your pics, she is!

If she wasn't smilling, that means it wasn't a good day for her and her game :sad:

Paule22
May 6th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Paulle22, what camera do you use?

I use the Canon 20D with the Canon 70-200 mm 1:4L USM lens.

Paule22
May 6th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Friday 06.05.05

I had an important badminton match this morning, in which i got injured and it lasted until 12:30. So I was late, but because they were beginning at 1pm because of the little rain, I was just there for the Petrova-Mauresmo match.

Petrova played, how can you describe it, professional. She was hitting less errors than Mauresmo, was very concentrated and very self-concious. I want her or Bovina to win the title, they both are workers, and deserve a big title. Petrova has improved a lot, she is playing not fabolus but has this effect of getting the balls and hitting good points. Top 10 stuff. As I don't like Amelie so much, I was happy that Nadia had won, everybody in the stadium was for Amelie. Sometimes I was thinking about to cry something out for Nadia, but she was so focussed, that she did not need that.

Then there was the rain delay - they needed ages to get the Court 1 back in shape for doubles...

I have to go, will go on later - Pics are already on http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/freitag/ ...

GoSandrine
May 7th, 2005, 12:20 AM
thanks Paule

:lol: at that pic of Meghann tweezing Nadia's eyebrows ;) :lol:

Paule22
May 7th, 2005, 01:38 AM
I'm druck but anyway - Let's go on.

After the Mauresmo-Petrova match I watch the end of Zwonarewa and Likohtszeva versus Peng and Kostanic. But it was just enough time to take some nice photos, not to analyze the match. And than the big rain came.

After the rain delay, it was 4pm, there was the doubles match Petrova and Shaugnessy versus Dulko and Vento-Kabchi. Of course I wanted Meghann and Nadia to win, they were better until 5-3 in the first and then Dulko and Vento-Kabchi were able to change Nadia's errors into points. Meghann was playing like ever, solid, but not more. Nadia was really bad in this match, her serve was awful, her balls were all going out of the lines and so it went bad for Nadja and Meghann. In the second set you have to say that Gisela and Vento-KAbchi were playing really really good. Many shots, which are without a chance for Meghann and Nadja, this combined with Nadjas bad serve made the difference. The match lasted really long, there were many deuces and advantages, mostly Meghann got the point the advantage and Nadia was not able to get the break.

During the rain delay I was at some friends catering, at least a nice talk and coffee for free. Later we saw an impressive rainbow...haha that's me now being drunk.

Ok, I was pretty shocked that Nadia and Meghann lost, my last time to see Meghann. And who is this young girl travelling with Font de Mora?!? She is on every match when Meghann or Anna-Lena play and today she was taking pics at the Petrova match.

I saw the end of Justine's win, Sharapova was not lookin that bad, buit what enourmous winners does Justine hit? Everything powerful and correct. But I think you saw it on TV.

Next and last match was Elena Bovina vs. Jelena Jankovic. I only saw the first set, because after this, Elena was moaning about slippy lines, so the the referee suspended the play. In the first set, Elena had problems to get their serve through, but when she was at 15-40 she often archived to come back. Impressive - Let's see. what she can do tommorrow. Jankovic had just more luck to win the first set, they played nearly on an equal level. Everytime when I see Jankovic, I think it has to be Penetta, she was the one to be in this quarters. But ok, now Jelena is in, and she is definetely playin better as against Penetta.

This is where my report ends, because I missed the second set of Bovina because I thought it would not go on, because it was already to dark, but they did go on. Also to say sorry, that I'm not able to write something more good stuff, but I'm drunk and tired, saturday is a new day - but i wanted to write my new report before the new beginning tommorrow.

At least, try to enjoy the pics.

Paule22
May 7th, 2005, 01:39 AM
thanks Paule

:lol: at that pic of Meghann tweezing Nadia's eyebrows ;) :lol:

It's just her cape, but it was a nice scene. YES!

*Jean*
May 7th, 2005, 08:18 AM
http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/donnerstag/pages/IMG_1407.htm

Can i have it without the little text in the middle ? I can give you my mail by MP if you want
Thanks

Wizzy Maryfan
May 7th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Normally, she often smiles when she plays, wasn't she yesterday? Because in one of your pics, she is!

If she wasn't smilling, that means it wasn't a good day for her and her game :sad:

Right !

If Mary didn't smile, it's because she was not in a good modd, not in a good day, not please with her game !

It's good because it shows that she didn't feel great ... that's why she lost !

In paris she will smile, for sure, and she will give a hard time to all her opponents, be sure :fiery:

:hearts:

LefandePatty
May 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
she will give a hard time to all her opponent

qu'est ce qu'il faut pas lire :haha:
mieux vaut être aveugle que de lire ça :lol: :p

Daniel
May 8th, 2005, 05:29 AM

Paule22
May 8th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Oh my god, is it winter again? It was soooo cold today.

Saturday 07.05.05

My first match was on Center Court the match from yesterday Bowina vs. Jankovic. The match was quite open, Bowina had the cance to win this, if she had played as against Shaughnessy or in parts of every game. But Jankovic is rarely making errors, she gets many balls. But the nice thing is that Bowina was not freakin out, she is quite cool on her nerves, if only she could have convert the break points, but ok - good tourney.

Then I was off for a while, because the play countinued at 1pm and it was just noon. I was back again for the second set of Schnyder vs. Henin-Hardenne. Justine, ze Belschian was playing quite good, but not as good like the day before but the point in that match was Pattys performance, she was hitting to many errors and then you are without a chnace against Justine. But this was not so interesting, therefore I was taking some pics of the stadium.

Wow - Petrowa-Jankovic. This was the best match of the whole tournament. I wasn't able to take photos anymore, it was too exiting. Have you seen it on TV, if not then get a copy. Incedible how they were hitting from the baseline, how precisive they were after 3 hours. Petrova was a bit better all the time, but her serve destroyed her effort. As in the second set, where she was serving for set at 5-3 and in the Tie-Break. But she got her stuff together in set three. I was thinking that it's over after she lost the Tie-Break, but her power was enormous. I see Justine winning this today, but my hopes are woth Nadia.

This match lasted so long that Zwonareva/Likohtseva vs. Vento-Kabchi/Dulko was scheduled on Court 1. Another exciting match. I have to say this time I'm proud of Vera. She was even after hitting double-faults very calm, and was even able to help Likohtseva when she was pissed off. After the second set, Iwas thinking again that Dulko and Vento Kabchi will win, but after some games, Vera was playin better again and so the won.

Pics are on http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/samstag2

Today I will tell you something about the doubles final ;)

Paule22
May 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Sunday 8.05.05

Today was the rainy finals day, oh my god, the last day, what shall I do tomorrow? The final was not so exciting which is because of the rain delays, oh my god, the last one was awful. But at least I had the time to eat something in this break - oh my god all the food was so good this year.

So Justine won, in a match, which again, if Petrova could improve her serve and handle some situations cooler, it would have been another result. Maybe next time.

Ok, let's come to the doubles match which started 6:30pm and was thank god not longer that 2 hours, because then, the match would have been suspended till tomorrow. Veras serve was weak again in set one, they lost this set because Vera was not able to make the point and was hitting df. In set 2 they started better, but what can I tell you, it's a doubles match, if your serve is not weak, then it's mostly luck. One thing was that Cara was not able to smash the balls in a way, that the two russians hadn't got a chance to catch them, but they were to slow, so Cara was not able to convert the chances. But that's it, in the end Vera was serving well for Championsship point and before that they tried hard to get that break, so they won - lucky Vera, lucky me - mostly unlucky supporters - about 50-100 people were still there, most of them very dedicated to Cara Black.

Jorn
May 8th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks good reports. :)

I was in berlin too, for 6 great days. :)

Any chance you got some trophy pics from the doubles match?

Paule22
May 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Any chance you got some trophy pics from the doubles match?

Oh yes...http://www.akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag2

That was it from me and the German Open, it was such a nice week, I hope you enjoyed my reports and the pics - I made 1950 photos in the 9 days and hope there was something you liked.

Thank you for reading it, see you later. :)

http://home.arcor.de/stamps/doublestrophy.jpg

Steff_forever
May 8th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Many thanks at the end, Paul !

It's been a great pleasure to read your reports every (most of the times rainy) day. You highlighted them with colorful and very 'intimate' pics (close-ups :drool: ) that were easy to associate to your vivid lines. :D :hearts:

I hope you are not too disgusted by the weather and that you will bring your thoughts in here next year, too ... :yeah:

:angel: :wavey: :worship: :bowdown: :worship: :wavey: :angel:

tobi
May 8th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Thanx so much :yeah:,your reports were very exciting,hope u to hear more reports from u next year :)

Paule22
May 8th, 2005, 08:56 PM
My next reports will be from Croatia - this is gonna be exciting ;)

Jorn
May 8th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Many thanks for the pic! I was hoping also for a runner up pic?

Paule22
May 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
It's in the gallery http://akstra.de/pics/galerien/germanopen/sonntag2/pages/IMG_1946.htm open you eyes ;)

Jorn
May 8th, 2005, 09:04 PM

Jorn
May 8th, 2005, 09:07 PM
BTW, I stayed in Berlin one more day and payed 100 Euro just to see them Black/Huber play. ;) even other match was going on.

SpremPierceLover
May 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry..???!!! For what :lol: ??? So many nice pics..thanks..go on like that.Paule :worship: :bounce: I had still one question..who is the beautie in pic IMG_0578 ??? :lick: :hearts:
Sunday 01.05.2005
In the end of the day, I just watched Babsi Rittner and Julia Schruff hitting a bit together and went home. Not such an exiting day - but ok.
Sorry that my report is not so well written as I want it to be, too many other stuff to do. Pictures will follow in a moment.

Paule22
May 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
The beauty is again Babsi Rittner. But I think you know that. And for what - just to be not the only person enjoying the pics. And to be not the person who is at so many other tournaments and is not sharing the pics with me.