PDA

View Full Version : Serena to Return to Montreal for Canadian Open!!!

Capriati/RafterFan
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:30 PM
Serena returning to Montreal

(Apr 3) MONTREAL (CP) - American Serena Williams is coming back to Montreal to defend her title at the 2002 Rogers AT&T Cup.

The $1.2-million US tournament, one of nine Tier 1 events on the Sanex WTA Tour, runs from Aug. 10 to Aug. 18 at the du Maurier Stadium. Williams, currently ranked seventh in the world, captured her second title of the year at the Nasdaq-100 Open in Key Biscayne, Fla., on the weekend.

Yes!!! Maybe I'll go watch her!!!! I only live an hour away!!! Hopefully Capriati will return so she can get her revenge on Serena!!

supremeross
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Yea, I hope Capiati returns again so that she can get spanked by Serena again this year!

paigery
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:38 PM
So negative, typical Williams fan again blasting Capriati, Serena never spanked Capriati, especially if you are referring to Miami where the match was 7-5 6-6 (7-4). Please use better judgement in replies. The next match up between Serena and Jennifer will be fun to watch for sure..................:wavey:

supremeross
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Paigery, oh lighten up and quit being such a bittter Capriati fan. It was all in good fun. Get over yourself. But yes, I am refering to last years Canadian Open final, State Farm and Miami:p

paigery
Apr 4th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lighten up on what.............. How could I possibly be bitter, Capriati is Number 1 and playing great tennis. Capriati can take a good spanking anyday." All in good fun", but when it's put back on you you choke..........................

Thank You:)

vw43
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:02 PM
How oddly typical to see your response supreme..;)

I'm happy when any of the Williams sisters play in the non-slam (and slam) events..it makes for good tennis. Will Venus be playing as well..cough, cough.
;)

Also, I hope Capriati plays as well. She may be able to get some revenge. :kiss:

supremeross
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Well God forbid anyone should like Venus or Serena. When have you ever seen me attack any one for not liking Venus or Serena. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. So please, get a grip and get over yourself.

paigery
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:31 PM
The top of the womens game is fabulous, we haven't had matches like these in a while. With so many good players in the top ten, each match is a slugfest that keeps all the fans on the edge. Personally, I love it! How boring would tennis be if the same person won all the time. I am all for giving credit where it is due, Can't wait to see Charleston and Rolan Garros!!! Fabulous...................:hearts:

Go Jennifer

WilliamzX2
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:28 PM
YES!!! I'm going...just bought my ticket for the final!! gonna get semi-final ticket as well!! Go Serena!!

2ace2
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Please stop this arguing!
Can't we just cheer for our faves?
Anyway, go Serena, I hope you do well here!
:)

kazzmazz
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Wohoooo!!!!!! Can't wait to get my tickets :bounce:

Hope we get another JCap/Serena final!!!!!

JCFan
Apr 5th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Well I would hope she would defend her title there...a rematch with a different outcome would be nice. :) I would love to go to this. I think it's one of the closer events to me (in northern Ohio), but it's still not really that close. How much are tickets WilliamzX2?

kazzmazz
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:09 AM
JC Fan, click on this link, and you can view the ticket prices for the event

http://www.tenniscanada.com/2002cup/english/

Divide the prices by like 10 and that's how much you'd pay in US dollars! LOL! I'm exaggerating, but it would still be quite a bit cheaper.

By the way, I'm also hoping for a rematch with a different result :)

I love me some Serena, but I gotta go with my #1 fave Jennifer Capriati :)

magassi
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:11 AM
Actually, the scoreline was 6-1, 6-7, 6-3 with Serena as the winner. Not quite a spanking -- Jenn should have won this one anyway. She was up 2-0 in the third. :D

TM
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:14 AM
I like the way you talk supremeross, I feel the same way.

Serena says Venus might tag along this year. :wavey:

Sal U. Lite
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:45 AM
You go, Miss Serena! Defend that title!

Hopefully by then, she will have grown out of her "blonde" phase.:p

Jordan.
Apr 5th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Woohoo!Go Martina!Get revenge! :p

Kart
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Hopefully Monica will return and she and Serena can play as high a quality match as they did last year - with a different result of course ;).

Ryan
Apr 5th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Hopefully Martina will be there, I MIGHT be able to go see it. My parents happen to be a tad reluctant, it's $560 without counting gas, food, accomodations.:P Anyway I hope Marti goes there and wins it like she did in 2000!

barmaid
Apr 6th, 2002, 04:29 AM
As a Canadian, they have already been advertising the Rogers AT & T Cup on television....first they show Martina..swinging her racquet..then Jen swinging hers...then Serena charging the net...and then another clip of Serena. I was so disappointed when Martina and Lindsay cancelled out last year...so hopefully they will be both back this year as they will be showing daily coverage of the tournament. Its usually a good one!:D

barmaid:wavey:

Capriati/RafterFan
Apr 6th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Lindsay doesn't usually play here, but here's hoping that she does!!! Gosh, why doesn't Venus play here too??? It seems to me that Montreal seems to get the better players!!! I think the players like the Cosmopolitan feel to Montreal. Montreal is not liek any other city!!!

~SunFlower~
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:07 AM
I will be there 100%. Only 20 mins to get there from my parents'. I will fly to Montreal for 3 weeks of vacation. I will be out having fun every single day from start to end of the tournament. I will chase after Russian girls (except Anna :rolleyes: ) . And Monica Seles.

I agree. Montreal always have gotten more top 50 players than Toronto. I like the tournament area much better than Toronto. :angel:

LucasArg
Apr 6th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Go Serena, you know how to do it:wavey: :bounce:

Williams Rulez
Apr 6th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Come on Serena!! Defend your title!! :bounce: :bounce: