PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen Prefer Anna

Zl@tko
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
This is the article from ET website:

Gentlemen Prefer Anna

April 02, 2002

ANNA KOURNIKOVA can leap across the tennis court in a single bound. Her backhand is formidable and her forehand is a sight to behold ... but can she fill MARILYN MONROE's shapely heels?

In yet another sultry product endorsement, the golden-tressed tennis goddess is channeling the late blonde bombshell. Anna may be selling a brand-new product, ADIDAS' ClimaCool athletic shoes, but she's doing it with old-fashioned flair. ET has a look at the new TV spot, shot over two weeks in Los Angeles, in which Anna recreates one of Marilyn's most famous scenes!

"I'm actually redoing the famous Marilyn Monroe pose on the street ... when the wind blows up her skirt," Anna reveals. "And you can see my ClimaCool shoes!" The lucky shoe in question uses a special air-flow system designed to keep your feet cool. Adidas is banking on Anna's flair for fashion to help these shoes fly off the shelves.

Adidas isn't the only one cashing in on her ability to move a product. The 20-year-old Kournikova is said to earn around $10 million per year as a pitchwoman ... putting her near the top of the celebrity endorsement list. Not bad for a tennis player who has never actually won a major tournament!

Furthermore, this side gig is one Anna enjoys. "It's always fun to do commercials ... they're different and exciting!" the tennis stunner says. "And, I get to do different stuff than I normally do."

For your first look at Anna's portrayal of Marilyn Monroe's famous encounter with a subway grate, watch ET tonight!

lrg bllt
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:03 AM
on that note, I wonder who out of the wta does earn the most from endorsements??....if anyone could find out itd be cool :D

TruestAnnaholic
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:32 PM
all the boys like her and all the grils dislike her thats how it goes

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:52 PM
It says near the top of the "celebrity endorsement list".

I'd be confident she is *at* the top of the "WTA endorsement list", but there'd be some movie stars and such, and major figures in some other sports, who do better.

aura of daniela
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Big Boy with toys like Anna.
Little boys with Hormones like Anna.

I don't hate her, but I'm definitely not a fan.
Geee, that Monroe ad is pathetic....and I don't know why she would do such a nonsense ad.
She has lost it totally. :confused:

Simon V

ajayares
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by aura of daniela
Big Boy with toys like Anna.
Little boys with Hormones like Anna.

I don't hate her, but I'm definitely not a fan.
Geee, that Monroe ad is pathetic....and I don't know why she would do such a nonsense ad.
She has lost it totally. :confused:

Simon V

Ummm, it's actaully an ad for adidas, now who is Anna's sponsor, it wouldn't be adidas would it by any chance??? so that might explain why she is in the Ad, don't you think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW I highly doubt she would get a say in what the ad would involve either...

Also I don't know where you come up with the idea that only males like her either...

aura of daniela
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ajayares

Ummm, it's actaully an ad for adidas, now who is Anna's sponsor, it wouldn't be adidas would it by any chance??? so that might explain why she is in the Ad, don't you think :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW I highly doubt she would get a say in what the ad would involve either...

Also I don't know where you come up with the idea that only males like her either...

Nah, Ajayares, don't get me wrong, I just said there the types of guys that like Anna. I didn't say women don't like her.....actually I know a few older women who enjoy watching Anna play as well.

About the ad, I knew it was an ad for Adidas, I'm not silly, but the content of the ad had nothing to do with tennis, and really made her look like a "bimbo".
And if you think that Adidas' number one tennis draw card doesn't have a say about the content of the ads she appears in, I think your wrong....but I don't know for sure.

Simon V

ajayares
Apr 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
She is in the ad for 5 seconds (if that)... it is an ad for the new climacool shoes.. In which she is advertising the tennis shoes (they also have a shoe for basketball, running and training)

As for having a say in the advertising campaign I would say she would have very little.. there are similar ads with David Beckham and Ian thorpe..