PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay at the French Open!

Elldee
Apr 27th, 2005, 07:04 PM
It's her next tournement, so why not?

!<blocparty>!
Apr 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Why not, with Andrew not here anymore.......bwahahahaha.

Go Lindsay :D

Ty-Ty
Apr 28th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Yea, red clay, our favourite! lol.

Go anyway Lindsay!

gillibean
Apr 29th, 2005, 05:25 AM
why did she announce that RG is her only clay court tournament this year?

lindsayno1
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Cos she hates red clay basically

jacs
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:08 AM
She did announce it yes.

Elldee
Apr 29th, 2005, 05:19 PM
And she doesn't like being away from home for so long, especially when she'd not be playing as many matches as in indoors/hardcourt/grass because she's unlikely to get as deep into the tournement and it's the winning she plays for [bar RG] and I can't imagine she relishes hanging around a hotel room waiting for the next tournement. A happy Lindsay wins is her basic sentiment.

foreva lindsay
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Lets go Davey...this is your grand slam!!!

Jan
Apr 30th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Yes, she hates the red stuff. I wish she would play one tournament before RG though. I think she will be ranked 3 by the time she is seeded for RG. Sharapova os playing Berlin and Rome and Mauresmo is I believe so the no 1 ranking at least is on the line. Still she knows whats best for herself I guess;)

Elldee
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I doubt she'll be 3, Mauresmo is defending Berlin and Rome.

lindsayno1
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:13 PM
ya i said that didnt i lol!!!

Shes gotta win them to at least keep the points shes got. Marias defending shit loads of points for wimbledon...900 odd. so i think lindsays gona be no1 for wimbledon. Serena will be no threat up until then because shes injured...unless she wins RG, but i doubt she will

Frederic
May 1st, 2005, 02:16 PM
Well, I think it's too early to make any forecast for the moment,let's see how she will be playing at RG...

Jan
May 1st, 2005, 04:05 PM
I had forgotten about Mauresmo defending the points so Linds could be seeded 2 at RG,that would be good. Still think Maria is going to get the No 1 spot if only for a short time.

Elldee
May 2nd, 2005, 09:36 AM
I had forgotten about Mauresmo defending the points so Linds could be seeded 2 at RG,that would be good. Still think Maria is going to get the No 1 spot if only for a short time.

Yeah, I think she'll be number one for the Roland Garros fortnight and then fall to 2 or maybe 3 when the wimbledon points fall off.... she has more than double the points coming off that Lindsay and Amelie have and couldn't defend ALL of them even if she won because she'd be world number 1 or 2 and couldn't nab Lindsay's world number one bonus points unless they met in the final.

foreva lindsay
May 2nd, 2005, 04:33 PM
oh god not screamapova for #1 purlease!!!

alfonsojose
May 4th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Does Lindsay have an official web site?

lindsayno1
May 5th, 2005, 12:42 PM
nah

foreva lindsay
May 5th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Does Lindsay have an official web site?

i know you from mtf :p

alfonsojose
May 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
i know you from mtf :p
who are u there :wavey:

alfonsojose
May 5th, 2005, 07:27 PM
nah
:cool:

foreva lindsay
May 6th, 2005, 04:45 PM
who are u there :wavey:

aleksa's laydee ;)

lindsayno1
May 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM
roll on RG! i miss lindsay!!!!!

lindsayno1
May 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM
i dont like this being away from the tour business!!! it may make her want to quit now!!!!! As long as that sis of hers aint puttin more baby ideas in her head!

Elldee
May 15th, 2005, 07:22 PM
For the first time ever Lindsay will be the number 1 seed at Roland Garros... can't wait for the draw!

RayRob
May 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
For the first time ever Lindsay will be the number 1 seed at Roland Garros... can't wait for the draw!

I know - it's just great and quite ironic really! :lol: I think this must mean that Lindsay has acheived another feat in her career - she's been the #1 seed for every Grand Slam at least once in her Career! Oh actually, I might be wrong....am I correct in thinking she has never been seeded #1 for Wimbledon? - yet! (and that is only because Wimbledon make the seeds up as they go along) ;)

At least she's been #1 for RG - should be very fun! I'm looking forward to it :D

-Rache

jacs
May 16th, 2005, 12:28 AM
I don't she's ever been no. 1 in Wimbledon... nor at the US Open for that matter. (Who was the top seed in 2000 in New York?)

Another good thing about Lindsay at RG is that she loves Paris as a city. :)

lindsayno1
May 16th, 2005, 06:50 AM
lol i think its really funny shes no1 for RG!

Elldee
May 16th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Wow, she's never actually been number one in the world or number one seed for either Wimbledon or the US either... maybe this year at Wimbledon. Lindsay was number 1 at the Aussie in 1999 and 2005 and should have been in 2002 but was injured and didn't play [plus she lost points in Sydney].

RayRob
May 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
:eek: I can't beleive that she's never been seeded #1 for both Wimby AND USOpen!? That is bizzarre! Hopefully it will be different this year.

-Rache

Elldee
May 16th, 2005, 02:02 PM
She was 2 A LOT in the Hingis years.

foreva lindsay
May 16th, 2005, 07:41 PM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Andrew.
May 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Why not, with Andrew not here anymore.......bwahahahaha.
You're not that lucky.

Andrew.
May 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I want Lindsay to do well, but in the back of my mind, I kind of want a 4r tank to Kim or something...

Then, go and play Eastbourne, and kick it on grass.

Lindsay's potential 4r opponents include Bovina, Dechy, Clijsters and Jankovic. All worry me, except for Dechy. She's been crap lately. Bovina is very winnable though because Lena can't move on clay. Jankovic is very inconsistent, so that works too. Kim, end. Unless Kim blows her knee out or something.

!<blocparty>!
May 17th, 2005, 10:33 PM
You're not that lucky.

Well, not that you're here that often. And your account is shit anyway.

I like your posts, I know you love people hating you, though.

Andrew.
May 18th, 2005, 01:23 AM
True. I have so many haters.

jacs
May 18th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Is she playing Eastbourne? If she hasn't announced it yet, I doubt she will.

Elldee
May 18th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure she won't... I imagine she'll go back to the states after the French [where her campaign may well be over in the first week/early in week two] and then head back for Wimbledon. Bovina and Dechy will get the treatment from Lindsay and although Jankovic will wear Lindsay down she's very patchy... she was beaten by Zvonereva [who did well in Rome] and I saw the end of the match and I've never seen a worse drop shot in my life. It's excting... hopefully she'll get Bovina who is a mini Lindsay and unlike Dechy, not French!

RayRob
May 18th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I think I'm just looking forward to and hoping for a quarter final appearence but a semi final would be great - final would be better than great.....as I've put it on another board....ASTRONOMICLE!

It's going to be exciting.

Bed time for me now :D
-Rache

lindsayno1
May 19th, 2005, 06:56 AM
i want a qf at least - defend her points and get a few more!

Elldee
May 19th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Lindsay and Corina won't be playing doubles at the FO [which basically means she won't be playing doubles at all] ... Corina's playing with Patty :(

I hope she plays doubles at wimbledon because it's the only chance I'll get to see her play dubs.

lindsayno1
May 19th, 2005, 09:43 AM
its a good thing. clay isnt generally lindsay prone/friendly ;) touch wood she will be fine this year!

foreva lindsay
May 19th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Lindsay and Corina won't be playing doubles at the FO [which basically means she won't be playing doubles at all] ... Corina's playing with Patty :(

I hope she plays doubles at wimbledon because it's the only chance I'll get to see her play dubs.

thats great! she has an even bigger chance now to go far :D

Elldee
May 19th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Well, I think it sucks.

Kelly
May 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM
doubles hinders her singles play...and i dont want a repeat of oz...it puts too much pressureon her body but i owuld like to see her play doubles....hell id like to see her singles.

Andrew.
May 19th, 2005, 08:38 PM
GrandSlam, why are you so hell bent on her playing doubles.

Doubles is bad. Doubles = injuries = layoff = fat = retire. End.

Lindsay should never play doubles. Ever.

foreva lindsay
May 20th, 2005, 06:33 PM
im going!!! (tomorrow) :D:D:D be back tuesday

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LINDSAY!!! :woohoo:

alfonsojose
May 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I know this is :topic: but Does Lindsay try drop shots when she plays on clay?. It could be good against Kim

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
im going!!! (tomorrow) :D:D:D be back tuesday

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LINDSAY!!! :woohoo:

tell her to be careful!!!!! and to kick the shit out of Kim!

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I know this is :topic: but Does Lindsay try drop shots when she plays on clay?. It could be good against Kim

generally not i dont think, she just slams it to the lines

Andrew.
May 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Oh, yay. Our draw sucks.

Unless Kim is in a wheelchair, I really don't think Lindsay makes it past the 4r. :(

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Oh, yay. Our draw sucks.

Unless Kim is in a wheelchair, I really don't think Lindsay makes it past the 4r. :(

i really dont think her knee will hold up to the clay conditions. ive had my knee injury for 18 months and have improved immensley and wouldnt be able to slide for anything"

Andrew.
May 20th, 2005, 08:37 PM
So, do we lose to Patty then.

!<blocparty>!
May 20th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Oh, yay. Our draw sucks.

You learnt how to use smilies. Fun.

Our draw is good, appart from Kim, which sucks a lot.

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 09:51 PM
it doesnt suck if what she says is true. she can move forward nad backwards fine and cycle fine, but not side to side all that great

foreva lindsay
May 20th, 2005, 10:07 PM
tell her to be careful!!!!! and to kick the shit out of Kim!

LOL kims alright

joaco
May 20th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I actually think Lindsay's got a great draw! I mean think that a lot of great players are on the other side of the draw, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, HENIN, etc. If Lindsay gets past Kim (which I think she will given Kim's knee condition) she should have an 'easy' QF against Zvonareva or Schnyder which I would pick over any other QF.

So let's see.... imagine if Lindsay beats Kim in the 4th round that would be fun! :lol:

lindsayno1
May 20th, 2005, 10:37 PM
LOL kims alright

no please tell her to kick the shit out of kim...playing tennis!! not literally

Andrew.
May 20th, 2005, 11:47 PM
I actually think Lindsay's got a great draw! I mean think that a lot of great players are on the other side of the draw, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, HENIN, etc. If Lindsay gets past Kim (which I think she will given Kim's knee condition) she should have an 'easy' QF against Zvonareva or Schnyder which I would pick over any other QF.

So let's see.... imagine if Lindsay beats Kim in the 4th round that would be fun!
Ummmm...no. First of all, the only one of those "great" players that would beat Lindsay here is Christine. Mauresmo is end at the French, and Kuznetsova is nothing special. Kim owns Lindsay. Lindsay doesn't believe she can beat her at all anymore. That's why if Kim was sitting in a wheelchair and couldn't serve, she'd still beat Lindsay.

And the QF is not easy at all...it's going to be either Patty or Mary. Patty is a bitch on clay, and she's playing like a top 5 player now.

This is probably one of the worst draws she could have gotten.

Elldee
May 21st, 2005, 07:48 AM
Yes, but it's the French and she was never going to win it anyway.

Lindsay will get to the fourth round and if Kim is fit for the match, Kim will win and extend her ridiculous streak over Lindsay... if she's not fit, Lindsay will get to the quarters and that's an impressive achievement and she will have a fighting chance against Mary/Patty who she has a good record against. Lindsay got a fantastic AO draw, so hopefully this'll be her worse draw of the year [which is likely because Kim's ranking will go up after this tournie] and she can have good runs at the US and Wimbledon.

Ty-Ty
May 21st, 2005, 05:09 PM
Relying on other people's injuries isn't very wise. Kim said she was at 80% and I saw a picture of her doing the spilts.

Given Kim's injury, she might not even make it past Dani? Hope so, but doubt it.

I just hope Lindsay will get through this period of Kim beating her all the time. Maybe one win over Kim could spark something? Just hope Lindsay can pull through it and win ...

Go Lindsay.

bis2806
May 21st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Lindsay is going to kill Srebotnik easily. Last year at Strasbourg, Lindsay bagelled and breadsticked her - and this was their only meeting.

Elldee
May 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM
Daniella Hantuchova is a mediocre player in my opinion and on clay, she sucks. I don't expect anything from her and she's starts against Krajicek so Michealla will probably get through and hopefully pose a problem for Kim.

Ty-Ty
May 21st, 2005, 05:39 PM
Actually, Srebotnik has been playing better this year. And her best results in the big ones have come here at the French ...

Won her third title against Shinobu in Auckland. Quarters at Antwerp losing to Myskina ... And on clay (it's green, but still) made the quarters beating Sugiyama (even if she is slumping, good win) and pushing Elena D. to three very close sets, 3-6 7-5 4-6 ... She's also an accomplished doubles player.

Not to mention the most important fact, it's red clay.

Lindsay should get through it but she needs to bring it ....

lindsayno1
May 21st, 2005, 05:44 PM
I just hope Lindsay will get through this period of Kim beating her all the time. Maybe one win over Kim could spark something? Just hope Lindsay can pull through it and win ...

Go Lindsay.

like she has with venus! i think shes won their last 4 meetings?!

lindsayno1
May 21st, 2005, 05:46 PM
Lindsay needs to be good from the start, not like in other tourneys where she sucks in the opening matches. I think she does that here though cos its crappy red clay. All i can say is roll on wimbledon and us hardcourt season!!! Lethal Lindsay here we come!

!<blocparty>!
May 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
Lindsay owns Patty, she won't be any problem, especially at a slam. Who cares if she's been playing like a top 5 player, it's not important. If she shows and up, plays well, Lindsay wins against Patty :)

Kim is the only problem on her side of the draw, plus any injuries that may occur.

I won't be around for Lindsay's French Open campaign this year, so I'll just wish her the best of luck now and see all you guys in a few weeks :kiss:

Elldee
May 21st, 2005, 07:57 PM
Back to Lindsay being the number one seed... she was the number one seed at the US Open juniors in 1992 when she won. :D

RayRob
May 21st, 2005, 11:51 PM
lol GS, great stat! :D

I just read that Kim is set on playing RG for definate but her first round opponant is good ol' Meiline Tu of USA. I first saw her at DFS Classic and her service motion takes (in Jenifer Capriti's words) "Like half and hour to serve!"

And it is almost true, her service motion is really really slow and I have seen it unsettle the a lot of players - particularly those who like to get on with the match quickly from point to point. I would say that Kim is a patient player usually, but Tu's serve got right up Capriati's nose once.....she walked to the umpire once, rather disgruntled...."Come on! She takes like half and hour to serve!"

It could be a tough match....Tu is slow in service and patient in play. Don't know what you all think now?

-Rache

Andrew.
May 22nd, 2005, 02:01 AM
Kim will make it past Tu with no broblems. Sigh her draw is really easy.

I'm kind of worried about Peng.

LindsayRocks89
May 22nd, 2005, 04:52 AM
poor Lindsay, unfortunately andrew is right and Lindsay won't beat kim even if Kim is injured and plays. :sad:

but not all hope is lost. i still will believe she can do it.

Andrew.
May 22nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Lindsay is first on court tomorrow. I'm honored by the treatment.

I think the first set will be close. It's Lindsay's first match on clay. But, Katarina has been teh shit lately, so meh.

Slam bam wam. 6-1 6-0 please.

Elldee
May 22nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Lindsay should be on Eurosport at the start of tomorrows coverage at 10am... which bodes well for my revision.

Also, Sharapova just beat Peng 6-2 6-1 or something, but Lindsay has to keep on top of her and not go into a slump because Peng is more than capable of hitting winners if Lindsay doesn't get their first. The pictures emerging of Lindsay over the last few days of her practicing give me confidence that she'll get to the fourth round in straight sets.

Myskina defeated Clijsters 6-1 in a practice set today, but Kim and Ana are friends so she may well have been building Ana's confidence and she's had a reasonable break from the tour too.

Tu won the US Open juniors didn't she? I don't think she'll win but hopefully she'll show us where Kim is at.

Ty-Ty
May 23rd, 2005, 12:17 AM
I am SO wanting to see how Peng plays Davenport. I saw her play at the AO and was very intrigued with her game. Can't wait to see how it turns out on clay.

Andrew.
May 23rd, 2005, 01:04 AM
Practice matches mean nothing. I still don't think Myskina passes the 4r.

Peng is hyped up alot. Nonetheless, Lindsay has to be cautious.

Ty-Ty
May 23rd, 2005, 02:06 AM
At Sydeny, when Peng beat Myskina, it was a lot of hype but I thought in her match against Venus, she played well. Not to consistent, but well.

But her serve ... She could knock a plane out of the sky with her toss ... :tape:

lindsayno1
May 24th, 2005, 02:38 PM
lol!! plane out of the sky!!!

try 1st round with myskina andrew! lol

Dammit Sharapova nearly lost. she won 67 62 64

LindsayRulez
May 24th, 2005, 02:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=rog10505231055.france_tennis_french_ope n_rog105&prov=ap

Is this by any chance one of our lovely TOP members? I know a few said they were going and also talking about making flags for Lindsay...how hilarious would that be if it is one of our own! GO LINDSAY lol

LindsayRulez
May 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
ugh Lindsay's 3rd on court 1 tomorrow! what the hell's that about?!

bis2806
May 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM
At Sydeny, when Peng beat Myskina, it was a lot of hype but I thought in her match against Venus, she played well. Not to consistent, but well.

But her serve ... She could knock a plane out of the sky with her toss ... :tape:

Who could?

LindsayRulez
May 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Who could?

Peng! Who'd you think they were talking about? lol

Loughyunijen
May 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
good luck tomorrow linds.....i have a feeling it could be tough...lets hope lindsay has been on the practise courts!

C'mon on kick some Peng ass!

Any one got any pics from frenchy???

RayRob
May 24th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Well, Lindsay eventually got her act together vs Srbotnik in the first round by the 34th game in the second set so hopefully, she will be OK against Peng.

I thought Lindsay did well to come through it considering that she hasn't had any match practice on the red stuff - especially since she hates red clay! We could take the first set of that match as her "match practice" because she played exceptionally well from the couple of sets....apart from when she was serving for the match in the 3rd where she had a little blip - but that can be forgiven!

I'm looking forward to the match although I doubt it'll be shown on Eurosport....may have to watch the scores on RG website, providing Henmans match doesn't over run (as is usual when Lindsay is playing)....if it over runs, then I won't be able to follow scores as I'll be at work.

LMAO if that photo is of one of our fellow TOP members ;)

Go Lindsay!
-Rache

PS. I have an ear ache :sad:

lindsayno1
May 25th, 2005, 07:35 AM
God dammit. So what time roughly do we reckon Lindsays gonna be playing?!! Im at work for 6!!!! DAMN TIM HENMAN!

RayRob
May 25th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I'm hoping that she'll be on about 3pm. Lindsay's 3rd on, Amy Frazier match first up - hopefully that'll be finished for about 12pm, then Tim.....commentators say it will be a tough match for tim. Hopefully, it'll be over in two hours, but you can guarrentee that because Lindsay follows tim, he'll be finished for about 5/6pm! i would hope Lindsay on before then because I'll be starting out for work at 4.30pm!

It's strange, Tim always seems to create problems with Lindsay schedual for fans no matter which slam he's playing in! Don't the schedualers know that most Lindsay fans are british!?

-Rache

RayRob
May 25th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Well, the Frazier/Loit match is over, Venus had a tough match and henman, as always is making a meal of his match! We could be here for eternity waiting for Lindsay's match!

-Rache

Elldee
May 25th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Eurosport switch to cycling at 2 til 4.15, so let's hope Henman goes to five and we might catch some of Lindsay... it's unlikely that'll they show Lindsay live though but hopefully they'll show it later or in the highlights.

lindsayno1
May 25th, 2005, 12:51 PM
i HATE tim!!! i HATE HATE HATE him!

Elldee
May 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
:(

foreva lindsay
May 25th, 2005, 03:50 PM
i'm back!!! :D

3-0 in the 3rd set

foreva lindsay
May 25th, 2005, 03:53 PM
i didnt get to see her playing or practicing :sobbing:

foreva lindsay
May 25th, 2005, 03:54 PM
double break

Loughyunijen
May 25th, 2005, 03:56 PM
c'mon on linds 5-0................WHAT A COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait for her interview!

Loughyunijen
May 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
my ma's watching this amazing comeback...go ma..must be her good luck...lol!...dam finals got in way of another GS for me :(!

Ty-Ty
May 25th, 2005, 06:14 PM
What a comeback.

I swear every time they weren't showing Lindsay, she started losing. They started shoing it at 3-1 and then Lindsay came back to 4-3 with some good shots and then they left and brought as back at Peng serving for the match. Wow, after Peng missed that forehand at 30-15, it was like all Lindsay. I think from then on it was 10 unforced errors the entire rest of the match? And she was even hitting drop shots. Wow, just awesome from Lindsay ...

And Peng played very well too ... But at the end, she looked like she was crying ....

This comeback made my day.

Elldee
May 25th, 2005, 06:16 PM
So close to the end. Well done for winning ugly.

Razzano is no slouch... if she wins she will probably stay number one, if she loses, she'll get humiliated by Clijsters.

Lindsay's draw is so hard. I've heard of all her opponents, where's her Tu and Kloesel and french wild card she can spank?

Elldee
May 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Oh, by the way, good news! A heatwaves heading for Paris ready for Lindsay's match against Razzano so if Lindsay practices hard tomorrow [without getting injured] rather than dying her hair, she has more of a chance.

alfonsojose
May 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Lindsay :yeah:

Andrew.
May 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
That's nice. I'm glad Lindsay was fighting, but Peng seriously choked hard.

This isn't even close to cutting it against KFC.

joaco
May 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
well.. im happy lindsay pulled it through... i seriously thought she was out when losing that 4 all game at love. But i was supportin g her all the way anyway.

Good luck Lindsay against Razzanno... youll need to play better

Loughyunijen
May 25th, 2005, 07:32 PM
anyone got lindsays post match interview?

RayRob
May 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
yeah, lindsay's interview isn't on RG site :(

WOW, great win though even though it was "winning ugly" as one of you put it ;) I don't care how she wins as long as she does :D I even knew at the worse point in the second (ie 2 points from losing) that Lindsay would pull it back...I never doubted!

A match against Kim, if she gets past Razanno is a different thing all together...but Dani Hant seems to be playing/moving well to the balls, so you never know what might happen.

I will watch Masha with interest....it'll be nice if Lindsay can remain clinged to #1 seed for wimby.

-Rache

lindsayno1
May 25th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Oh, by the way, good news! A heatwaves heading for Paris ready for Lindsay's match against Razzano so if Lindsay practices hard tomorrow [without getting injured] rather than dying her hair, she has more of a chance.

lol yeah its well dark innit!!!

Andrew.
May 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Razzano is going to be tough. She's playing quite well right now. But, her game is one that Lindsay can deal with. She hits with pretty good pace, but she's not that consistent on her groundies.

Right now, I'd be really happy with a 4r. Would probably keep #1 with that, too.

Andrew.
May 26th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I have a few notes to add:

This is the first time in Lindsay's career that she has come back from a set down in two matches in a row.

Also, the last time Lindsay had a really ugly start to a slam was at Wimbledon 2000 with some really ugly early rounds. She ended up making the final.

If you look at her red clay record, in her first tournament on the stuff, for the first one or two rounds, she sucks hard. Then, domination begins in her matches. Examples include Madrid and Strasbourg titles.

That being said, I really don't think she cares right now, and will be very happy to fly home on Sunday afternoon, and I kind of don't mind that. Get ready for the stuff we win on.

Ty-Ty
May 26th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Red clay. We can win on red clay. :p

Well, anyway, I hope we can do well at this. Fourth round is very possible. It would make the French a lot more bearable if Lindsay was here in the second week ...

Grass and summer hardcourts is what is going to make me SO nervous ...

Elldee
May 27th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Well done, Lindsay. You proved to yourself and to us that you're a real fighter and that'll really help you out in Wimbledon and US open which will be such exciting tournements. Lindsay's fit and healthy still and when she's off the clay for perhaps the last time in her career and uninjured I'll be happy with that. I think she's probably earned more bonus points this year too from bigger scalps and if Lindsay isn't winning I'm glad Kim is because she so sweet and I want her ranked top 8 for wimbledon.

Andrew.
May 27th, 2005, 10:38 PM
That was probably one of the most ugly matches ever. Oh well, 4r is really nice. When I saw the draw, I knew it would be difficult to get here. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that she's beating Kim though. But, she'll probably keep #1 now. Grass season please.

Kim isn't as sweet as anybody thinks. I really hope someone kicks her ass soon.

Maybe Lindsay will be like Justine and stop playing like crap in the big matches. But, I doubt it.

Again, grass season please. :p

Elldee
May 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Kim isn't as sweet as anybody thinks. I really hope someone kicks her ass soon.

Enter Justine Henin Hardenne... who I really dislike, but whatever, once Lindsay's out I don't really care.

Yes, roll on Wimbledon... I have a really good feeling about this. Lindsay can take Sharapova now after Indian Wells and the grass is better for playing the Belgians too. Hopefully she'll get Schnyder in the quarters, Momo in the semis and Maria in the final and kick arse... me? ahead of myself? a little.

So, yes, practice your serve tomorrow, Dav.

joaco
May 27th, 2005, 10:55 PM
What a horrendous match!! Lindsay :( I'm still glad you pulled it through (AGAIN). I just hope Lindsay can perform better against Kim, and I hope Kim injures her knee in her match and has to retire against Lindsay :devil: j/k

GO LINDSAY!!!!!!

Joaco

Andrew.
May 27th, 2005, 11:13 PM
GS - I agree with you. Lindsay has Maria's nubmer at this point. She really knew what to do from the beginning, but now she knows exactly how to execute it. She really should have won Tokyo. Just bad luck there. Indian Wells made up for that many times over though.

I think this entire situation is all a crisis of confidence. She has none on red clay, she's admitted it. I really can't wait for this summer. She'll have quite a lead on #1 after Wimbly even if she only makes the SF. No way in hell Hype is winning that again.

Ty-Ty
May 27th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if Lindsay beat Kim?!?!?! :eek:

I'm just scared of disappointing results on the stuff Lindsay's supposed to win on. :sad: I want some reassuring AWESOME results ...

I REALLY want Lindsay to win this. :mad:

Andrew.
May 28th, 2005, 12:07 AM
It's not happening. If Lindsay beats Kim, I will eat my hat. I really think she'll go into this match in total tank mode. I'm predicting 6-1 6-2/3.

I'm fine with that. Better to get kicked hard, than lose to KFC 10-8 in the third. Go back home not exhausted and not mentally crushed, and train the ass off for Wimbledon.

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Yes, but didn't you say Lindsay doesn't beat Maria at IW and then double bagells her?

Nevertheless, you're most likely right. I can still hope though.

Andrew.
May 28th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Not as adamantly. I always knew she had a shot there. It was a hardcourt, and she always played Hype close.

Here, Kim, clay. No.

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Okay, just to be insanley crazy, what if Lindsay wins by some sort of default ... Kim was saving a crippled puppy and re-injures her injury. We either play Patty or Mary. That's tough to predict. I would imagine that she would get off to a very slow start not having played in four days and also going from Razzano's game to one of theses two would be a HUGE change.

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Patty has been playing solid on clay lately though and Mary ... I really have no idea what to expect from her. Clay ... France ... "The Zone" ... I can't tell with her.

bis2806
May 28th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I feel so nervous for Lindsay

Frederic
May 28th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Well, I think that we are too optimistic about Lindsay's result in the 4th round. Kim is playing so well, and Lindsay has tanked all of her matches. She isn't consistant at all. You know, I a big fan of Lindsay, but know, I expect a 6/0 6/1or 6/2, nothing more. On the top of that, Lindsay said in an interview that she didn't prepared at all for red clay, what means that she doesn't take care about her results in RG. Fingers crossed...

Andrew.
May 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Well, I think that we are too optimistic about Lindsay's result in the 4th round. Kim is playing so well, and Lindsay has tanked all of her matches. She isn't consistant at all. You know, I a big fan of Lindsay, but know, I expect a 6/0 6/1or 6/2, nothing more. On the top of that, Lindsay said in an interview that she didn't prepared at all for red clay, what means that she doesn't take care about her results in RG. Fingers crossed...
I don't know how you can say anyone is being optimistic...I said that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that she wins, and others have echoed this.

I want grass season plz.

foreva lindsay
May 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
well done for making it hard again lindsay!

Elske
May 28th, 2005, 11:37 AM
(..)Kim is playing so well (...)
uh no she isn't

Andrew.
May 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I do have a few positives to add:

1. She seems to be lowering her opponent down to her level. This is similar to what Chrissy does early in tournaments. I think that's her only shot against Kim...

2. For some reason she's actually fighting. I have no idea why. Her attitude sticks, it's clear she doen't want to be there, yet she's fighting hard for every point. Except for the Peng match, where she was in tank mode until Peng choked hard.

3. She has the weapons and ability to turn up her game at any moment. Will it happen here? Probably not. Could it happen? Maybe.

Okay done.

Elldee
May 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Well, I was shocked to hear it, but Lindsay actually said that [off court] she's having a blast in Paris, probably going out with Corina, so maybe she wants to stay around and she certainly likes to keep things respectable... she doesn't lose to those she really isn't supposed to in the main.

I'd like Lindsay to watch other matches because I'm watching Henin/Medina Garrigues and Medina Garrigues's movement is lots better but if Lindsay could just strike the ball hard and deep she should do well.... she should work her serve, volleys, hitting winners of the serve and drop shots.

Elldee
May 28th, 2005, 12:14 PM
uh no she isn't

Well, we're judging Kim by Lindsay's standards! :D

Andrew.
May 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Ugh, I can't stand that she's gonig to have yet another loss to KFC. It's depressing.

thelittlestelf
May 28th, 2005, 01:14 PM
If Lindsay can play OUT OF HER MIND or if Kim's injury is bothering her ( :sad: ), then Lindsay will win. However, unfortunately Kim is the heavy favorite in this match if she's healthy and playing well.

Regardless of that, if Lindsay does in fact win her confidence will skyrocket and that would be lovely to see :).

Good luck Lindsay!

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Hmmm. I hope NBC shows Lindsay. It's not ESPN so ...

I'm unrealistically going out of all realms of reality. Oh well. Just beating Kim once would be nice, espcially in such odd circumstances. A good birthday present for me Lindsay ... ;)

Anyone know what court she's playing? I haven't figured out which courts are playing faster yet ... Can anyone tell me? Or are they all playing the same? I still haven't gotten this clay court thing yet ...

Elldee
May 28th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I thought that court one would play faster but she played against Peng there and she was closest to defeat there.

Kim said in her diary that she's not moving great but either will Lindsay be as neither are comfortable on the surface, so they'll be in 'the same boat'. BS, BS, BS.

jacs
May 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Oh well, whatever happens, GO LINDSAY :)

foreva lindsay
May 28th, 2005, 06:45 PM
GO LINDSAY!!! :hug:

1st up on Lenglen

Elldee
May 28th, 2005, 07:23 PM
and because the other main court [I'm not gonna try and spell it... oh okay, chatrier?] there's a boring mens match so they should show it on Eurosport whether that's a good thing or not... we may as well savour Lindsay before we have to wait til wimbledon which is a fair while.

Ty-Ty
May 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM
They are showing her here on NBC ... Lindsay never gets shown over here so that's a hoot ... I'm still deciding weither to watch it live on the RG website or wait till it comes on my television which is like 5 hours after it's scheduled to start.

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 10:20 AM
OMG *dead*

Lindsay wins second set 7-5. Kim choking.

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM
dav pulls of a set ....7-5..............go LINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2005, 10:24 AM
COME ON LINDSAY.....................BEAT THE clisjermiester!

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2005, 10:28 AM
dav broke!
2-0 up
come on linds..................lets go!

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Come On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I really cannot believe this guys.

I put all my $950 Vcash on Kim to win, and I couldn't care less. This win = confidence + more confidence + mental toghness.

4 three setters, sets and breaks down, she fights, serving like shit, and wins, on her worst surface. True world number one :worship:

LindsayRulez
May 29th, 2005, 10:54 AM
And people say she's not a fighter, look at her now!! GO LINDSAY! ;)

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 10:55 AM
im still in shock!!! :D

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 10:57 AM
http://tinypic.com/5fgso5
http://tinypic.com/5fgspf

thats our girl!!!

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I cant believe this guys...im soooooo happy...i relaly truely believe lindsay can go far now! I mean this win was huge
Lindsay should be very proud of herself...i really hope she wins this and completes the GS.......im so proud of our lindsay!

well done lindsay!

Andrew.
May 29th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Indeed, I eat my hat, gladly! :p

This is a huge win...1-6 2-3 down, I really don't remember the last time she's come back from something like that, especially against a player she has some real issues with.

Plus, she passes the 4r of RG for the first time since 1999. This is huge. First win over Kim in years.

I just don't know what to say...even when she got back on serve in the second, I still din't think she'd win. I wasn't even too sure in the third. :p

Wow. I'm going to jubilate now.

joaco
May 29th, 2005, 11:03 AM
OMGF!!! I AM SO IN SHOCK RIGHT NOW!!! *dead* :lol: I cannot even begin to understand how big this win is for her... against Clijsters, i thought Lindsay couldn't beat Kim mentally AND in CLAY.

Wait wait... i must be dreaming, it's waaaay to early here in Argentina. CONGRATS LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Joaco

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Just as well she isn't playing doubles :D She has a real shot at winning this now, imo.

Yeah, theres Henin in the final, but, who knows.

Loughyunijen
May 29th, 2005, 11:21 AM
so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RayRob
May 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Well, I have to say, I was not in shock as I knew she would win! :p

Lindsay has displayed in all her matches the ability to keep fighting not matter what. Many of you said that Lindsay never had a chance against kim, but I maintained that I knew Lindsay always had a chance, even when Lindsay seemed to be struggling and Kim seemed to be in perfect form!

I was out so had to rely on text updates...but I was so pleased when I got that final text!

Next up is piece or Patty and both are home clay courters....and is possible she could lose, but after today her confidence will be sky high and beleive that she can beat anyone at any time - she is the world number one!

I look forward to watching the highlights of this match and I look forward to her next match!

GO LINDSAY!
-Rache :D

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/interactive/console/console_np_.html?dom#1mfile.akamai.com/8586/rm/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2005/interviews/20050529_01_int_en.rm

Video interview. Lindsay at the end "I'm so proud my myself"

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 12:35 PM
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/interactive/console/console_np_.html?dom#1mfile.akamai.com/8586/rm/ibmfrench.download.akamai.com/8586/2005/interviews/20050529_01_int_en.rm

Video interview. Lindsay at the end "I'm so proud my myself"

aww bless her!! :hug:

Elldee
May 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I bet all my vcash on Clijsters too knowing that if she won I'd have some more cash and if not, Lindsay won!!!!!!!!!!

6 years since she was in the RG quarters, 3 years since she beat Kim... God knows how long since she beat a top player on red clay!

Andrew, can we have pictures of you eating your hat? Thanks!

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
"of myself" even.

LOL @ Grandslam. how much did u lose? Somone told me id have had $4500 had I bet on Lindsay :mad:

Pictues please Andrew. :wavey: :p

Elldee
May 29th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Only 70... I wasn't very good at the whole vbetting thang.

jacs
May 29th, 2005, 01:14 PM
OMG, I am so happy for our girl :) :bounce:

thelittlestelf
May 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Wow, Lindsay is amazing!!! I can't wait for this match to be aired on NBC :D:D... this has to be one of the greatest wins of her career!

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM
http://tinypic.com/5fjc3l

!<blocparty>!
May 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Not tennis quality wise, but certainly, the greatest "against the odds" win, ever for Lindsay :D

LethalLindsay
May 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I deliberately did not want to say anything before the match and now it is over all over you should be ashamed of yourselves! Lindsay deserves better fans!

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 03:01 PM
we have an opponent...mary pierce!!!

RayRob
May 29th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Yep, Mary pierce next who needed I think 11 Match Points before she could close it out! Her match seemed a little bit up and down and was almost choking in the third set so I think that she is very beatable so Lindsay could win. Now that Elena D is out, the draw strangely enough looks very good for Lindsay.

Still i know Mary could be tough to beat, being the now home favourite, but I would still put bets on Lindsay to win this match-up.

I'm looking forward to this week. i hope Lindsay's match will be first up on tuesday because i have to be at work for 2pm - I'm doing a lot of over time so I can afford go wimbledon!

-Rache

joaco
May 29th, 2005, 03:10 PM
hey.... what's up with Lindsay's interview??? I want to see it.. the site has not transcripted it, though they have done so with the other interviews. I WANT MY LINDSAY INTERVIEW :(

Kelly
May 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM
im am soooo happy. lindsay v mary should be a good intersting match...i also hope eurosport show them 1st as i too have to be at work at 2pm. i was having fits today when they cut the coverage off luckily siobhan txted me to let me know about bbc interactive phew.....lets hope sharascreamer loses

RayRob
May 29th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Well, I have been instructed to post on behalf of Lindsayno1 ;) She was the one kind enough to text me the Lindsay vs Kim updates! :woohoo:

As you can imagine she is as ecstatic as everyone and celebrated by going on "The Big One" roller coaster in blackpool - she's braver than I am. I expect she will post in greater detail tomorrow to you all when she returns!

-Rache

PS, I think Lindsayno1 is going to kick herself when I tell her the match was on BBC interactive!

Nikki
May 29th, 2005, 03:46 PM
It was a good win for Lindsay, she has struggled all week but has fought back to win each time, hopefully she can keep it going.

Ty-Ty
May 29th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Truly remarkable. Down 1-6 1-3 ... But I knew Lindsay could pull it out!

Andrew, I think you should bet Lindsay will lose every match! Seems like she wins those ones! :p

:bounce: :worship:

Lindsay OR Mary in the semi's of the French. Is all good.

Elldee
May 29th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I was WELL gutted 'til I found bbc interactive... I'm glad I checked 'cause I didn't think it started til Monday. Finally Lindsay smiles!

Golinds
May 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM
go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindgo lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay say go lindgo lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay go lindsay

Frederic
May 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I hope everyone accept my apologies for having been so pessimistic!!!!! I was just dreaming of that kind of results, but I wanted to be objective, thinking that Kim would have won easily. I thought that way because absolutely everything was against Lindsay. She hadn't beaten Kim for 3 years, she doesn't like playing on red clay, everyone I was talking with agreed with me. But Lindsay proved I was wrong... And now, I so much feel ashamed for not having supported Lindsay in that tough moment. Lindsay is so amazing, she proved it by being n°1, and she is still proving it by this gorgeous victory over Kim... Come on Lindsay!!!!

thelittlestelf
May 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Lindsay has been to the finals or better at every tournament she's entered since Sydney where she withdrew! She has a great chance to keep that alive here...

:eek:!!! I don't want to jinx it, but that is just amazing consistency!

foreva lindsay
May 29th, 2005, 07:53 PM
i was having fits today when they cut the coverage off luckily siobhan txted me to let me know about bbc interactive phew.....lets hope sharascreamer loses

:lol: your welcome!!!

RayRob
May 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Lindsay has been to the finals or better at every tournament she's entered since Sydney where she withdrew! She has a great chance to keep that alive here...

:eek:!!! I don't want to jinx it, but that is just amazing consistency!

You forgot that she withdrew from the quarter finals of the Family Circle Cup.....other than that and Sydney (which you mentioned) Lindsay has got to the final or even won in every other tournament she has entered this year!

Aus open: Runner Up
Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo: Runner Up
Dubai Duty Free Womens Open: WON
Pacific Life Open, Indian Wells: Runner Up
Bausch & Lomb Champs, Amilia Island: WON
Family Circle Cup, Charlston: 1/4 Final; Withdrew

Either way, as you say, that is a great record.....a record to be proud of!

-Rache

LUXXXAS
May 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I LOVE THIS GIRL

irishgirl
May 30th, 2005, 10:42 AM
the victory over Kim took guts and a steely determination, no one can question Lindsays fighting spirit after this-what a win!!!Mary will be tough, it will be a close match but Dav will be on a high after beating Kim and should edge it

RayRob
May 30th, 2005, 10:43 AM
A BBC Audio interview with Lindsay from the Lindsay/Kim match is here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi/av/newsid_4590000/newsid_4591700/bb_wm_4591777.stm

I quite good one and a half minute interview about the match and future :D

mmmm, that link just shows links to the highlights and kims interview, try this the link should definately be here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi/av/newsid_4590000/newsid_4591700/bb_wm_4591753.stm

-Rache

Kelly
May 30th, 2005, 10:47 AM
A BBC Audio interview with Lindsay from the Lindsay/Kim match is here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi/av/newsid_4590000/newsid_4591700/bb_wm_4591777.stm

-Rache

cheers rache.
there was little interview on eurosport news b4. its on near the end of the program

LethalLindsay
May 30th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Lindsay really does have winnable matches all the way right through to the final. I could be wrong but my picks are Lindsay and Justine in the final.

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2005, 01:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=rog10505231055.france_tennis_french_ope n_rog105&prov=ap

Is this by any chance one of our lovely TOP members? I know a few said they were going and also talking about making flags for Lindsay...how hilarious would that be if it is one of our own! GO LINDSAY lol

:haha: thats me!!!

lindsayno1
May 30th, 2005, 02:08 PM
*rolls in in style* Yahooooooooooooooooooooo just got back from sketty blackpool where they had Sky sports 1 2 and 3 in the hotel!!!! GRRRR so i cudnt watch the match. had to rely on mummy to text me!!! Then i forwarded them to rache! Im SO happy. ive only watched the first set so far - and it wasnt really tanking on lindsays part - just kim was too good with the shots. Davs serve was even better then!! Confidence is gonna be rocket high now and she can SO get to the finals - unless shes disqualified for smacking mary one for taking forever between points!!!

Lindsay i love u!!!!!

RayRob
May 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
LOL lindsay'no1!

Well, it's great to see that TOP's are gettuing some media coverage, as we have a celebrity in our midst! now we must TOP that, so we have to get onto BBC TV during Wimby!

I think I'm going to have to design my T-shirt soon!

-Rache

joaco
May 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM

mmmm, that link just shows links to the highlights and kims interview, try this the link should definately be here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi/av/newsid_4590000/newsid_4591700/bb_wm_4591753.stm

-Rache

for some reason i don't get to see the video. One link sends me to another link and so on. I'm only going from url to url and no video :(

foreva lindsay
May 30th, 2005, 05:30 PM
LOL lindsay'no1!

Well, it's great to see that TOP's are gettuing some media coverage, as we have a celebrity in our midst! now we must TOP that, so we have to get onto BBC TV during Wimby!

I think I'm going to have to design my T-shirt soon!

-Rache

we are sooo gonna be on tv..theres gonna be about 5 of us all lindsayed up...how can we not get on tv??

lindsay is gonna get a fright!!! :lol:

RayRob
May 30th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Joaco,

Yeah, I messed the links up, sorry. Instead follow these instructions, there are a little "long winded" but it might be worth it ;) :

1. Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/default.stm
2. In the top right corner there is a "button" that say's "Audio and Video", click on it.
3. When you click it, a pop up comes up with various links on.
4. In the top right of the pop-up there should be a drop down menu that says something like, "Choose a Sport".
5. Click on that and select "Tennis". This will take you to the lastest Tennis stuff.
6. Down the right of the screen there are various links for different videos, if you scroll down using the scroll bar you will find the lindsay ones.

Hope this helps. You might be asked by the media player which prefered player you want, Windows media or Real Player and also what your conection speed is. etc.

Sad for me that Lindsay is 3rd on Court Chatriet after Elena Likhovtseva and Federer matches. I'll be at work :sad:

The order of play wasn't on RG site when I checked but it was on BBC tennis :confused: go figure!

-Rache

Frederic
May 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Come on Lindsay!!!!!!!!

RayRob
May 30th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Just checked out the H2H of these two. They haven't played since 1999 :eek: Can you believe that!?

Lindsay leads the series 8-2 and by 2-1 on clay. The last clay match they played against one another was the 1998 Amilia island where Pierce took it in 3 sets in the semi's, 4-6, 6-3, 6-3.

The first on clay they played was Fed Cup in 1994, so I am persuming it was a France at home match which could have been on the red stuff, Lindsay won that in 3; 5-7, 6-2, 6-2.

Lindsay then defeated Pierce again on the green clay of Amilia island in the finals of 1997 but that time in 2 sets! Quite convincingly 6-2, 6-3.

I am supposing that it might be quite fair to say they are equal going into this match, Lindsay hates clay and has trouble moving on it, Pierce is currently lacking big match experience in Grand Slams and we all remember the last match they played against one another in a Grand Slam; US Open Quarters in 1999 where Lindsay save several match points in the final set! Could this play a factor if a final set beckons?

Even so, Lindsay will go into the match favourite, forgetting the fact that Pierce won here not so long ago in 2000....well, actually I guess five years is a long time ago :eek: but still she relishes the opportunity in front of her home crowd. I will never doubt Lindsay or count her out, she's been a fighter this week and I'm sure she'll remain one.....Lindsay through in 3 sets (why give up a habit of the week when it's been working) ;)

Go Lindsay!
-Rache

Andrew.
May 30th, 2005, 11:58 PM
I don't understand why people think this is going to be so close...

I love Mary, but Lindsay does everything Mary does, better. The only place where Mary has the advantage is movement. Lindsay just doesn't get how to move on clay, but Mary's not exactly a swan on the stuff either.

The only way I see Lindsay losing this is if she's making an absolute boat load of unforced errors, which is very possible. Lindsay owns Mary, and has forever. And I don't think the crowd will help Mary, in fact I think they'll hurt her more. They absolutely screwed her up in her match against Patty. It's clear they make her very nervous. And Lindsay likes playing with a crowd that's against her. Australia was a perfect example. She shut them up against Alicia.

I think Lindsay wins, but I think she might play stupid for a while and make this hard. Mary can make a ton of errors too. So, 7-6 6-4 for Lindsay. Mary can't play a tiebreak to save her life now. I don't understand that at all... It can go three sets though if Lindsay is really, really dumb. I just think that beating Kim was a turning point...she might actually believe she can play on clay now.

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2005, 12:09 AM

I love Mary, but Lindsay does everything Mary does, better. The only place where Mary has the advantage is movement. Lindsay just doesn't get how to move on clay, but Mary's not exactly a swan on the stuff either.

The only way I see Lindsay losing this is if she's making an absolute boat load of unforced errors, which is very possible. Lindsay owns Mary, and has forever. And I don't think the crowd will help Mary, in fact I think they'll hurt her more. They absolutely screwed her up in her match against Patty. It's clear they make her very nervous. And Lindsay likes playing with a crowd that's against her. Australia was a perfect example. She shut them up against Alicia.

I think Lindsay wins, but I think she might play stupid for a while and make this hard. Mary can make a ton of errors too. So, 7-6 6-4 for Lindsay. Mary can't play a tiebreak to save her life now. I don't understand that at all... It can go three sets though if Lindsay is really, really dumb. I just think that beating Kim was a turning point...she might actually believe she can play on clay now.

My thoughts exactly :) Pierce is winning the polls in GM.

joaco
May 31st, 2005, 12:41 AM
As a TOP posted a few days ago.... anything that Lindsay is doing from now on is a bonus... that is the way I see it. I'm just glad she is in the QF. GOOD LUCK LINDSAY!!!

Joaco

foreva lindsay
May 31st, 2005, 08:12 AM
LETS GO LINDSAY!!! you can do it girl :D

Elldee
May 31st, 2005, 09:10 AM

I don't agree. AT ALL.

Firstly, Mary won a tiebreak against Zvonereva 7-2 from 0-2 down. Secondly, you're talking as if Lindsay is playing well, serving well, hitting the ball well; she isn't. Mary, however, is. I liked it when we were being pessimistic, we got a nice surprised... I think a lot of you might be disappointed. Pierce played awesome tennis against Sharapova and she'll eat up Lindsay's current second serve... in the match against Schnyder highlights I watched she hit a second serve to the tram lines and moved up the court for a winner. I'm not at all confident.

Kelly
May 31st, 2005, 10:22 AM
im not confident either but i was convinced kim would thrash lindsay and she almost did...it the lindsay of the last set ans half turns up we could be in for a good match. good luck lindsay...TOP are cheering for you even though half of us cant watch it *sob*.....i hope my brother is home in time.

RayRob
May 31st, 2005, 11:03 AM
I can't watch it either Kelly :sad: I'm gutting.....I gotta go in work early....when I put my name down for over time about 3 weeks ago, I didn't really think Lindsay would be still in RG (realisticly). But then when after the first 3 matches I though, it's very possible now! :lol:

Oh well. At least I'll have extra cash for wimby.
-Rache

Andrew.
May 31st, 2005, 12:13 PM
I don't agree. AT ALL.

Firstly, Mary won a tiebreak against Zvonereva 7-2 from 0-2 down. Secondly, you're talking as if Lindsay is playing well, serving well, hitting the ball well; she isn't. Mary, however, is. I liked it when we were being pessimistic, we got a nice surprised... I think a lot of you might be disappointed. Pierce played awesome tennis against Sharapova and she'll eat up Lindsay's current second serve... in the match against Schnyder highlights I watched she hit a second serve to the tram lines and moved up the court for a winner. I'm not at all confident.
Prior to the 3r, Mary had lost the last seven tiebreaks she's played, dating back to last August. The only reason she won the tiebreak against Vera, is because Bepa went bananas, and also sucks hard in tiebreaks. And winning 7-6 7-5 against Bepa isn't good these days. She really shouldn't have even won the first set...

If Lindsay plays halfway decent tennis, she wins.

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Lindsay plays Elena, when she wins today.

She took out Sesil 2-6 6-4 6-4. Good news.

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 12:30 PM
A veteran in the final ... How exciting ... Elena L. won her match ...

Mary isn't the greatest mover. She moves like her feet weigh a ton AND it's on clay so ... Actually I can't really see any other standout quality Mary has over Lindsay other than the fact that she's playing a better (For her) and is more consistent now than Lindsay is, but, then again, who isn't? But you also have to take Lindsay's need to make every match she plays hard on herself ...

I think this goes three but Lindasy prevails ... Woo hoo.

Andrew.
May 31st, 2005, 12:36 PM
Lindsay is doing something she normally never does - she brings her opponents down to her level. She forces them into a really bad game. Mary makes enough errors on her own. With Lindsay pressuring her, she'll only make more...

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Davenport/Pierce ------
l
l ----------
l l
Elena Likhovtseva ----- l
l-----------------
Nadia Petrova ---------- l
l l
l ---------l
l
Justine Henin Hardene --

I'm VERY bored and VERY tired. I got up at five in the morning and Lindsay probably won't be playing till ike 9:30 ... *Groan* Kill your oppented quick and painless Roger ...

Kind of sucks Maria lost (Did I just say that?!?!) I would MUCH rather play her than Justine on clay ... ekk. Today Justine looked ... er ... way too good.

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 01:15 PM
My brackets ... :banghead::retard: My beautiful brackets ... :sad: I worked so hard ...

Me now - :crazy:
Me in two minutes - :drink:
The inevitable me - :explode:

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 03:37 PM
Pierce won the first ...

Lindsay had three chances to get back on serve and saved three set points to get to deuce ... And then lost it ...

Mary is just playing good.

Loughyunijen
May 31st, 2005, 03:42 PM
:(

Loughyunijen
May 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM
mary is playing too good and the french crowd are soooooooo involved its untrue....i only hope lindsay can pull this one out!

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 03:57 PM
We grinded our way to the Quarters, and beat Kim.

This was a succesfull tournament ... On red clay at least ...

LindsayRulez
May 31st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Well I'm proud Lindsay fought her way through here and honestly, Mary really deserved this win. For most of the match she played incredibly tennis! I hope she takes the title! Rest up for Wimbledon Lindsay ;)

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2005, 04:22 PM
Fuck. Lindsay had her chances, and a great one to reach the final here. She didn't play her best. The story of the tournament really, I guess this was one match too far.

Really shocked by this result, I was sure Linds had it won.

lindsayno1
May 31st, 2005, 04:22 PM
she looked tired today....i blame jon

Ty-Ty
May 31st, 2005, 04:32 PM
Exactly.

Someone create the Wimbledon thread so we can all be happy again ...

Andrew.
May 31st, 2005, 04:33 PM
That was an extremely annoying match.

First of all, Lindsay should have never lost the first set. Her game point conversion on both her own and Mary's serve was awful.

Second, Mary was amazing for most of the match. I haven't seen her play like that since 2000.

Second set was annoying also. At 2-5, I really thought she'd comeback...Mary was choking hard. 0-30. Error. Deuce. Error. It was just not pretty. That was a winnable set at that point.

Oh well. This is a really bad loss. I hope this doesn't hurt Lindsay much. She looked like she was going to cry when she left the court.

Frederic
May 31st, 2005, 04:53 PM
Fuck!!! I watched it on tv and I don't understand what happened... Was Lindsay tired?Injured? She would have had a great oportunity in the semifinal against Likhovtseva... Sooooo disappointing!!!!!! But now, let's focus on Wimbledon!!

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Lindsay looked no different to any of her other matches. Bollocks to her looking tired. This was just one match where she couldn't come back and her poor play really hurt her.

Mary played well, but she should have choked and Lindsay taken advantage :tape:

joaco
May 31st, 2005, 05:07 PM
Lindsay played like SHIT todays. The only thing positive of this tournament is that she got this far, won 4 three set matches and FINALLY beat Kim.

I really do hope her level of play improves A LOT when playing Wimbledon

Andrew.
May 31st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Lindsay played like SHIT todays. The only thing positive of this tournament is that she got this far, won 4 three set matches and FINALLY beat Kim.

I really do hope her level of play improves A LOT when playing Wimbledon
Actually, she really wasn't that bad today... She wasn't that great, but she wasn't as bad as you make it seem. It all came down to the fact that she played awful tennis on the big points. Just some stupid, stupid shot selection, and dumb errors. First set should have been really close, and Mary was choking hard in the second, and Lindsay messed up big time.

LethalLindsay
May 31st, 2005, 05:42 PM
I never thought i would see the day.................................but i TOTALLY agree with Andrew.

I do think also it looked like Lindsay was getting really annoyed the chair umpire would not give Mary a warning as she went WAAAAAAAY over time LOTS.

I think after the Rafael/Grosjean match they did not want to push the French crowd again.........but still. The rules are the rules!

foreva lindsay
May 31st, 2005, 06:33 PM
:sobbing: Lindsay...well done anyway ;)

Elldee
May 31st, 2005, 06:34 PM
I know I've been the one saying Mary's playing well, but today she wasn't as impressive, she made some bad errors on big points. Lindsay should have taken her end of set one good form into the second but didn't and was down 0-4 and 0-5 and just dug a gigantic hole.

At least Lindsay won't be the veteran Justine blows off the court on Saturday.

Elldee
May 31st, 2005, 06:47 PM
Also, Lindsay's leaving without any injuries. I'm pretty sure the thigh taping was just preventative.

Loughyunijen
May 31st, 2005, 07:18 PM
is there a lindsay post match inteview guys?? i cant find it :(

LindsayRocks89
May 31st, 2005, 07:19 PM
i think Lindsay really thought she would win this and win the whole thing. hopefully she'll be ok.

i really believe that she will win wimbledon this year.

!<blocparty>!
May 31st, 2005, 07:29 PM
She says a few things in the article but her interview isn't up yet.

I'm kinda over the initial disappointment now. Still can't believe Mary won, and this was a chance for Lindsay to make the French final, oh well.

Positives are she is not injured and has learnt how to win and fight, will definitely help her in the next two slams, imo. She needs to be in ruthless form in the erly rounds and get her serve back for the grass.

She has beaten Kim now, and will go into a potential match at Wimbledon knowing that she beat her playing shit on her worst surface. Venus, meh. Justine is beatable on grass. Serena, meh again. She should thrash hype there this year.

Some quality practice back in the US and good prep should see her do really well. I hope I get to meet her and see her play in the quartes on centre, too. :D

Loughyunijen
May 31st, 2005, 07:38 PM
i get the feeling lindsay may have left with out giving an interview....as surely it would have gone up around the same time as Mary's!

Im really intreigued to here what happened out there today! I mean lindsay has accomplished alot at this years French, beating Kim a huge confidence builder and achievement....but I just feel this is another great oppetunity lost in a GS event!

Hopefully she can find some form at wimby....better get practising Linds!

Loughyunijen
May 31st, 2005, 07:45 PM
I just heard that Jon flew in for lindsay's big game today......maybe he had been distracting her.....she was doing ok before he rocked up!

Elldee
May 31st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Lindsay definately gave an interview, she ain't no diva and more importantly quotes have emerged on a range of topics. The RG website just apparently decided not to put it up apparently.

RayRob
May 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM
Well, I was out at work as usually but Lindsayno1 kept me update via text!

I saw some highlights on Eurosport tonight though and again, for once i agree with andrew, Lindsay didn't play all that badly on the few points I saw....but Mary was a par above whatever Lindsay was at.

Euro showed a clip of the press conference and Lindsay said she was pleased she got through those early rounds even though she was playing badly, and pleased she got so far, but she was hoping that form would improve as the tournament progressed to reflect her acheivements but it didn't.

I think we need to put this behind us as a great bonus with chances missed, I think Lindsay believed she had a chance, but couldn't quite lift her game. I think the main problem was that Lindsay's games is based on the strength of her serve and on clay, her serve is slowed down on the bounce and her opponants have a better look at it! Plus, double faults have been high - let's hope she gets rid of them for Wimbledon!

Onwards and upwards to Wimbledon - there's still a grandslam in her....I know it! The gang who are at Wimby, cheer louder than you have ever cheered for Lindsay before!

-Rache :D

joaco
May 31st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Let's stay positive for RG... today she lost to a better player. Fair and square. Now go get prepared for Wimby lindsay!!

LindsayRocks89
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:16 AM
i saw some of her interview on espn news, well just the end, but she seemed dissapointed she did not win . . i'm sure she'll bounce back for wimbledon. she will be co favorite with maria i think.

Elldee
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM
If Lindsay had gotten to the final Justine would have trashed the Dav anyway. Will Kim's ranking change when she plays Eastbourne or is it too late for her wimbledon seed? I don't want her to be in Lindsay's fourth round again!

alibaby
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:35 AM
hey linny,dont let yourself get down!you are still one of the greatest!!i will follow you through!does anyone know,where she will play next?eastbourne?

Elldee
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM
Wimbledon.

foreva lindsay
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM
she hates eastbourne :tape:

Andrew.
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:24 PM
GrandSlam - the Wimbledon seedings don't include Eastbourne points, so yes, Kim has a shot at being in Lindsay's 4r at Wimbly, along with Venus, Dechy and Bovina, as of now. This could change after Birmingham if any of them play though.

Elldee
Jun 1st, 2005, 03:50 PM
Actually, Kim's 17 in the world currently, so assuming no one withdraws it should be 1-4 against 13-16?

Kelly
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
well lindsay played ok-ish...if it had been a hardcourt i think she could have won a set. but im not botherd she played and faught for it and im proud of her...as much as i like mary she took the piss with the changing rackets etc. i blame jon and i urge him not to go to wimby..JON U ARE BAD LUCK---STAY AWAY

i was more annoyed with the lindsay bashing by euroshit....so annoyed in fact that i wrote down all the negative comments and intend on sending the commentators a letter stating my disgust at there comments...im gonna send one to ace as well.

Elldee
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Were we all glad Lindsay didn't make the final today after seeing it?

Golinds
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Were we all glad Lindsay didn't make the final today after seeing it?

god yeah that was a terrible final...it was like totally one sided...what happened mary?????

lindsayno1
Jun 4th, 2005, 06:17 PM
mary played like she should do?! serves her right for taking 10 hours to serve!

foreva lindsay
Jun 4th, 2005, 08:19 PM
well done justine ;)

lindsayno1
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:05 PM
as much as i dislike Justine, im really glad she won this - after everything shes been thru.

alfonsojose
Jun 7th, 2005, 02:24 PM
she looked tired today....i blame jon
Mr. Leach was full of "bleach" :tape:. Poor Lindsay :hug: Good luck at Wimby