PDA

View Full Version : Berlin

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Another tournament, the first on European clay !
All top players will be there, except Lindsay Davenport because she needs to be in USA !

I hope Mary will be ok, because she wasn't playing a very good tennis in Charleston (even if she was injured), and then she was re-injured last week ...
That's why i think this tournament and mary's run will give us a lot of answers about what she can do in Paris !
If she plays "bad-ranked player", she has to win easily, and if she meets the best (top 8 or a belgium star) she has to show her tennis, and that she's really a threat to the best !

So I hope an easy draw, that's sure, but unfortunately, when she has a good one, she loses too early (Australian, Charleston) !
So the only thing i am expecting is a "in shape" Mary, fit, glad, powerful, and ready to have an awesome run with awesome wins because of an awesome level :drool: ;)

Do you think she will play double with Corina ? :confused:

Mark Spruce
Apr 27th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I think that she will be play doubles again, I hope they will play ar RG together again.

I have to agree with you on the IN SHAPE. And a happy and relaxed Mary I will add on as well.

Mark

saby
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Mary needs to play double it's good for her.
Mary and Corina played together before her cancer so I'm sure it's good choice !!

PS : Mark, i'm back and I did have my exam, still two more and I'm done !!!

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 29th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Me too...I hope for Mary to have a fovourable draw....perhaps a top 8 player only in the later rounds...:)

Come on Mary...all the best!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

aimee20
Apr 30th, 2005, 01:50 PM
the draw is out. :)
not a bad draw for her.
although i don't like the idae of facing Likhovseva in 2nd round.
mary seems to have problem with her in the past :rolleyes:

Aticar
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Good draw for Mary : Chakvetadze don't play on clay this season and last year her results weren't very good. Likhovstseva hadn't "begin" her season and her last match were lost on clay against Koukalova. I know it's not a reason but we could be confident if mary is in good shape. Petrova will be the first reel test.

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Yes Likhovtseva beat Mary last year in ... Berlin, and then in ... Filderstadt ...

Mary and Elena in Germany, and Elena the winner ... => that was in 2oo4 !

A new year, and new stats for both ! Mary will be the winner, and Elena the looser ! :cool:

but, firt, Chakvetadze :rolleyes:

MaryPierceFan
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Guys, it's a very good draw. But "the" Likhovtseva! I hope Mary will fianally beat her! Petrova won't be a problem if everything with Mary is ok. There is also Momo but her form isn't sure. She was/is injured, so. It's a chance for a good run there. Go Mary!

Andy.
May 1st, 2005, 06:37 AM
This is another great draw with very winnable matches i hope Mary can take advantage of that. Good luck Mary

Declan
May 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
Mary still leads Likhovtseva in their H2H, remember. Regarding Likhovtseva, also remember that she was the recipient of one of Mary's best revenge acts EVER!! It was Likhovtseva who beat Mary in the second round when she was the defending champion at the Australian Open in 1996. However, at the following years's tournament Mary was unseeded and this time Likhovtseva was the 13th seed. She drew Mary in the first round and this time, with the pressure on the Russian, Mary won!! (They'd also had to play in the round of 16 at Wimbledon in between these two Aussie Open matches, and Mary won that crucial encounter too!). With Elena 'expected' to win in Berlin, with the seeded position, her ranking and recent match history against Mary on her side, Mary WILL win again!!

sebbe
May 1st, 2005, 11:54 AM
Mary is back with Penetta in the doublesdraw.

They are facing Schruff and Groenefeld.

Hard first round. If they get past that they face the second seeds, Huber and Black.

Good Luck girls.

MaryPierceFan
May 1st, 2005, 03:09 PM
With such a partner Mary will probably play max 2 doubles matches. ;) But it's better than nothing. ;) :lol:

NicoMary
May 1st, 2005, 03:22 PM
With such a partner Mary will probably play max 2 doubles matches. ;) But it's better than nothing. ;) :lol:

You know Pennetta is a pretty good player...but you're right:rolleyes:

sebbe
May 1st, 2005, 07:39 PM
Mary is playing the third match on centrecourt.

Scotso
May 2nd, 2005, 02:45 AM
Allez Mary!

I have a good feeling about this tournament!

MaryPierceFan
May 2nd, 2005, 06:33 AM
Guys, do You have problems with Live Scores window? Coz I can't watch it.

MaryPierceFan
May 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Is someone of You able to watch Mary's match by the Live Scores at the Berlin's main page? Coz I can't watch/see/open the Live Scores window. If someone is able to watch it, please, could You put here result point by point? I know that on WTA's site there is Live Scores but it's game by game and I prefer point by point. lol Please, update here live score point by point if You can. Thanks!

The Last Unicorn
May 2nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Is anyone going to Berlin? I'll be there, but for a congress! Maybe, I'll go for one day if I find the time.

Wizzy Maryfan
May 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
My livescore sucks :mad: