PDA

View Full Version : Road to Roland Garros

sebbe
Apr 27th, 2005, 10:56 AM
So guys, what do you think, what can we expect from Mary these
tournaments before RG? What do you think is Mary's goal?

Jackaboo
Apr 27th, 2005, 05:01 PM
After her 1/4 final in Indian Well and the way she played in Amelia Island, I was expecting at least one semi-final showing in either Rome or in Berlin. However, with the new injury, I am not confident she will do so well in her preparation for RG. So what I hope for Mary in the next few weeks is to be in good shape and feel good about her tennis.

If she gets to RG in the right physical condition and in the right frame of mind, then I think anything can happen in RG, she could even win it. However if she gets there not fully recovered from the injury and without a lot of confidence in her tennis, then unfortunately we may see an early round exit, which I hope will not be the case.

NicoMary
Apr 27th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Mary's injuries are back...this is not a really good sign....hopefully theses are not serious...Mary Has to make something Good in Berlin or Rome if she wants to be a real Dark horse at the French Open...I want her to have fun and play like she did in IW.....:worship: :hearts:

But honestly...
I do really think and feel that Mary is putting too much pressure on her shoulders for this RG.... :sad: Mary always said that when she really wants something, sometimes it makes her being nervous.... I'd love to be wrong and I probably will be...but I really hope that Mary do no think that this year is her last chance to win RG....

anyway go Mary you're the best!!!!!!!!!!

sebbe
Apr 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM
But honestly...
I do really think and feel that Mary is putting too much pressure on her shoulders for this RG.... :sad: Mary always said that when she really wants something, sometimes it makes her being nervous.... I'd love to be wrong and I probably will be...but I really hope that Mary do no think that this year is her last chance to win RG....

anyway go Mary you're the best!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to but I have to agree with you. I'm also afraid that Mary is putting to much pressure on herself. She said that RG was her goal of the year. I mean, she could do so well there but often when there are high expectations on someone, it often turns out the other way.
I just hope Mary will be free from injuries and that she play with alot of happiness in Paris and really enjoy the atmosphere.

MaryPierceFan
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:19 AM
RG in not the only Grand Slam tournament. Maybe her favourite but it would be great to win Wimbledon or UO!!!! In don't panic about RG. Mary also shouldn't. She should enjoy her tennis and have fun. I hope she will be seeded ab.20-24 and will have good runs in Berlin and Rome.

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Do you know what ranking will give the seed ? :confused:

hmm, i mean, when are the seeds decided ? After Rome ?

In french :
J'arrive pas en anglais à dire ! Quel classement compte pr établir les tetes de série à Roland ? Celui d'apres Rome non ?!
En tout cas, Sprem devrait bientot gicler derrière Mary, ce qui la place 26eme mondiale ! Avec le retrait de Capriati, ca met Mary en 25eme position ... Il lui faut donc aussi dépasser Schiavone par exemple, ce qui s'avèrerait très possible, à condition que mary gagne 2 matchs à Berlin, et au moins un a Rome ... il faut évidemment que Francesca ne fasse pas mieux ... C'est méchant mais, qu'elle reste un peu blessée ne serait pas un mal :angel:

Mary's 1st Fan
Apr 28th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I don't think that we have to hope that players ranked before Mary stay injured or not play as good as Mary. Mary should simply play her tennis and win tournaments to improve her ranking...Otherwise Mary will stay in this position and will not improve.
Nobody can say that Mary is able to make the semis in RG. If she can play the semis, she can also win!!!!!!! It only depends on Mary since if you want to win a slam you have to beat the best ones.

NicoMary
Apr 28th, 2005, 11:18 AM
les têtes de séries sont fixées deux semaines avant le tournoi... c'est à dire à la fin de berlin je pense...

MaryPierceFan
Apr 28th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Do you know what ranking will give the seed ? :confused:

hmm, i mean, when are the seeds decided ? After Rome

After Rome.

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 28th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Nicolas, thanks, MaryPierceFan, thanks ... but you're not agree, and i don't know who is right, so i don't have the anwser :lol:

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Well...for me personally I don't think Mary should prove to anyone about anything...she has achieved so much and has won RG before so...nobody has the right to put pressure on Mary to win the French this year...

Don't get me wrong...I want Mary to win the French open more than anything...I just don't want her to have all the pressure in order to win it....especially with all the injuries coming...like Sebbe has said, she should relax more in her tournaments and focus in order to find the right form again....

Anyway...whatever it is that's coming in Mary's way...i hope it is for the best...!!!:hearts: :hearts:
Can't wait to see Mary at the French...go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

saby
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think Mary will have pressure on her, Amélie will have it like every year, nobody in france believe that Mary still have a chance to win RG again, only Mary's fans are confident.

If Mary wins it, they will tell, oh yes we knew she was abble to do it once again !!! LOL

Mary's injury is not serious, so I'm sure she will be ready for Berlin, Rome, RG...
As usual I believe she will spread her wings above the central court !!!

Andy.
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Im sure Mary will do well at Berlin and Rome if not for the injury she would have done better at Charleston. Im confident she will do well and help her ranking. Good luck Mary stay healthy have fun and do well girl.

MaryPierceFan
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
What injury does Mary have got? Still the tight?

saby
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Don't worry it's something like a muscular spasm, i'm sure she's fine by now.

sebbe
May 12th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Last tournament has been played for Mary. She seams to be in great shape. I really look forward to RG and that she will have a good draw. Not draw like Maria i third round.

saby
May 13th, 2005, 02:00 PM
The match against Maria was close, I watched it ... I think it could be different if it had been played during the afternoon.
During practice Mary was trying to serve but all her serves was out. So I believe that she still has problem with the light at night.

Andy.
May 13th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Mary has shown us that she is in her best shape and approching her form of 2000 with her great performances. She is confident and more prepared than ever. With a good draw and time to really build form she can be in the thick of things come the second week.

Jackaboo
May 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I also have a very good feeling about Mary's mental and physical shape one week or so before RG. I think she's currently at a point where she should feel happy about her tennis and she looks to be in good enough shape. I wouldn't want to have too much great expectations for RG and put too much pressure on her, but I do think that providing she gets a good enough draw, she could do very well. One week before RG, I'm more confident in her abilities than I've been in many years.

améliemomo
May 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Hi mary fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

mary was in paris jean bouin today and signed autographs for the fans

here a pic,she is very eleganthttp://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050517/050517104421.tbumcavp0b.jpgwith other french players.

She was interviewed in europe1 a french radio,she was so cool.

saby
May 17th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Very good pic
Europe 1 at what time was she on air ???

Why is she the only girl !! where are the others french players, not all of them are in Strasbourg
Mary looks great

Thanks améliemomo

améliemomo
May 17th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Very good pic
Europe 1 at what time was she on air ???

Why is she the only girl !! where are the others french players, not all of them are in Strasbourg
Mary looks great

Thanks améliemomo

she was on this station at 22h00 she was really happy,laughing a lot.

the journalist said her that she was really beautiful with this great outfit,very elegante mary answered with a great laugh.
She said that she is training now to be ready for roland,that physicly she feels confident and good.Talk about the favorites of this tournament that she hopes that she will make something good there.Talked about amélie,yannick,the others french girls.Very pleasant interview.

The other french players are arnaud di pascuale(left to the right) paul henri mathieu,gael monfils and richard gasquet.It was in paris.

MaryPierceFan
May 18th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Cool pic. Do You have more pics of it? Or where can I find more pics?

MaryPierceFan
May 18th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Who is the guy second from left in a black t-shirt?

ClaudiaZ-S
May 18th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I watch on sat the TV show Soyons sport (France4) and the question was : Amelie Mauresmo can win Roland Garros?

AND MARY PIERCE WASN'T QUOTED !!!!!!!!!!!!! A SHAME !

améliemomo
May 18th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Who is the guy second from left in a black t-shirt?

dont know lol, not a player I think.

If you want to hear mary, here the link to the web site.

http://www.europe1.fr/antenne/reecoutez.jsp?datefield=index&datej=17/05/2005&hr=18

GO TO "europesport" with denis brogniard.

Its in french only.

Andy.
May 18th, 2005, 11:00 PM
She looks so nice there a true Regal elegent player never to be seen again.

MaryPierceFan
May 19th, 2005, 08:18 AM
I want more pics! lol

Mark Spruce
May 19th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Hi,

Mary just looks amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falling even more in love with this lady

Mark

Hi mary fans!!!!!!!!!!!!

mary was in paris jean bouin today and signed autographs for the fans

here a pic,she is very eleganthttp://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050517/050517104421.tbumcavp0b.jpgwith other french players.

She was interviewed in europe1 a french radio,she was so cool.

Mark Spruce
May 19th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hi Again,

Sorry to be a pain, but where abouts was the pictue taken ??

I have to say white really suits Mary I think

Mark

isaboulou
May 19th, 2005, 03:54 PM
this is a mary'interview that i find on web : sporever.fr (sorry it's in french)

« Roland Garros est le tournoi que je préfère »
19 mai 2005 - Rédaction
Interrogée mardi, Mary Pierce s’est confiée à quelques jours du début de Roland Garros. La joueuse française, basée sur Paris depuis un an, se sent bien en France et se dit en forme après être sortie en huitièmes de finale du tournoi de Rome face à la Russe Sharapova.

Mary Pierce, qu’est-ce qui vous intéresse dans le projet de Lagardère : une envie de se poser à Paris ?
Ca fait déjà un an que je suis déjà plus ou moins à Paris. J’ai commencé à m’entraîner avec Xavier Moreau juste après le Roland Garros de l’année dernière. Donc je passe pas mal de temps ici pour m’entraîner. C’est quelqu’un qui m’aide beaucoup et j’ai envie de continuer ici.

Qu’est-ce que vous avez trouvé à Paris qui vous manquait avant aux Etats-Unis ?
Je sens que c’est le meilleur endroit pour moi et pour ma carrière. C’est l’endroit où je me sens bien. Je sens que je suis sur le bon chemin, que je suis en progrès et j’ai envie de continuer. C’est la 17eme année que je suis sur le circuit, j’ai 30 ans et je ne me vois pas jouer encore dix ans. Je vais commencer à penser à l’après-tennis aussi. Plein de choses m’intéressent. D’être ici au club, on sent que c’est grand et familial à la fois.

A quelques jours de Roland Garros, comment vous sentez-vous ?
Très bien. Après le tournoi de Rome, je me suis accordé deux jours de repos. Je me sens en pleine forme.

Quel est votre objectif pour Roland Garros ?
Toujours d’aller le plus loin possible en donnant mon maximum et me faire plaisir match après match.

La pression qui entoure les joueurs français, est-ce que cela vous pèse ?
La pression, le stress, d’une certaine façon, j’aime bien ça. Ca me permet de donner le meilleur de moi-même. Et Roland Garros est le tournoi que je préfère.

MaryPierceFan
May 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Can someone translate it? lol

saby
May 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Mary Pierce, what interests you in Lagardere's project: an envy to settle in Paris?
I live in Paris for almost a year now. I began to train with Xavier Moreau after Roland Garros 2004. So I spend quite a lot of time here to train. It is somebody who helps me a lot and I want to continue here.
What did you find in Paris which missed you before in the United States?
I feel that it is the best place for me and for my career. It is the place where I feel great. I feel that I am on the good road, that I make progress and I want to continue. It is the 17eme year that I am on the circuit, I am 30 years old and I do not see playing another ten years. I am going to begin to think the after tennis. Full of things interest me. To be here in the club, it feel like a big club and a huge family.

Roland Garros is in a few days, how do you feel?
Very well. After the tournament of Rome, I took two days of rest. I feel in full shape.

Which is your objective for Roland Garros?
Always to go farthest possible by giving my maximum and to please me match after match.

The pressure which surrounds the French players, how do you feel about that??
Pressure, stress, in a way, I like that. That allows me to give the best of myself. And Roland Garros is the tournament which I prefer.

I did my best guys, i hope you understand,
Saby

Mark Spruce
May 19th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Saby

You are the best !!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

MaryPierceFan
May 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks!

MaryPierceFan
May 20th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I like the sentence: "I feel in full shape". It sounds good. What do You think? lol

MaryPierceFan
May 20th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Here is a nice article about mary and parts of an interview: www.gotennis.com
They are talking about RG, Sharapova, Momo.

isaboulou
May 20th, 2005, 11:23 AM
mary will play douchevina at the first round of roland garros. It's not easy but she can do it.

Jackaboo
May 23rd, 2007, 05:00 PM
This is what we were discussing 2 years ago. One week or so before RG, it seemed like everything was finally starting to fall into place for Mary; she seemed fit and her tennis had been the best she had played in years. We were all excited and anxious about seeing how well she would do at RG.

Mary would not disappoint us....

At RG, her favorite tournament, Mary would amaze us with her power, her precision, her movement, her intensity, her courage, her attitude, and best of all, her smile and her happiness to be playing such great tennis and to be back at the top. She unfortunately was not able to produce her best tennis on the final day, against a very difficult opponent on clay.

She would go on to have an amazing second part of the year; starting at Wimbledon, losing a very tight second set to the eventual winner. She would win a Tier 1 tournament in the US, reach her second Grand Slam final that year at the US Open, play amazingly well in the Fed Cup final, win a Tier I tournament indoors, and play what I consider her best tennis ever to reach the final of the year ending championship.

Here we are 2 years later, and I have mixed feelings when reflecting on that Spring of 2005. I'm happy that we got the privilege to live through such an exciting time for Mary, and that she was able to show to the world how great she really was. I'm a bit sad about a few of the results that I wish would have been different. I'm also very sad to think that here we are 2 years later and Mary is probably going through one of the hardest periods of her life, trying to recover from a severe injury. I guess all I can do is hope that she'll find the courage and inspiration to continue her rehabilitation, and that we'll soon see her smile on the tennis court.

saby
May 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
2 years already....

all is on my mind is that Mary is the only one who can get through this, she already did in the past, she is Colorado and try to be back because she loves tennis because she knows we love her and we are all behind her what ever happens. Which players can tell you, "oh you can stay during my training you don't bother me at all, it make me stronger and stronger to have you by my side guys"

What make me feel good is to know she will be back, she will make it again and this is this reason that we have to keep faith and keep sending her messages all the time, for those moments when she's feeling down we need to be there, she already acomplished so much things and she is not done yet...

John A Roark
May 23rd, 2007, 08:18 PM
Interesting... I had not joined you fine folk yet, but it was RG 05 when I fell off my chair and fell in love with Mary.

One of my deepest regrets is that I didn't discover her before then. One of my most profound joys is that I found her no later.

So far as courage, determination, and sheer single-minded drive go, she is the standard. I have little doubt she will give it all for another go at the courts.

Go, Mary Caroline, go!

DomenicDemaria
May 24th, 2007, 08:27 AM
:sad: I miss those exciting times in 2005 when Mary was playing so well! Cant wait til she is back!

ClaudiaZ-S
May 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
it's so boring without her :yawn:

sebbe
May 24th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, remember her match vs Schnyder...I thought that I was going to die. So excited and happy, and the way she played Lindsay...would kill to have that match recorded

piercerocks
May 25th, 2007, 12:57 AM
next year she will dominate!! waiting takes forever but it will be worth it

MistyGrey
May 25th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Oh the memories!
:sad:

pusa
Mar 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
yeah miss her

pusa
Mar 10th, 2008, 04:50 PM
does mary have a tatto?

saby
Mar 10th, 2008, 05:03 PM
does mary have a tatto?

no she had a fake one on her left shoulder at the 98 USO, it was to promote the perfume "Organza" by Givenchy

pusa
Mar 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
thanks a lot saby.. great info.