PDA

View Full Version : Destination: Berlin!

_LuCaS_
Apr 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM
:armed: Nastya :armed:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/dream4lucas/gesture.jpg

Spunky83
Apr 25th, 2005, 11:38 AM
One week to go...nice thread, Lucas;)

After this super stressful week at university, I really need a time-out and hopefully with a nice ending!

cerbero
Apr 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Amazing picture... :worship:

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
If Serena doesn't play Nastya will be 4th seed. Kuznetsova is 274 points behind.

martirogi
Apr 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
serena said she definately wont play :D

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
serena said she definately wont play :D

Still, itīs gonna be a killer-draw :eek:

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Plenty of good match-ups for you to see :drool:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Plenty of good match-ups for you to see :drool:

Yeah and I already bought an umbrella today (I canīt believe I havenīt had an umbrella for the last months!...I forgot mine in a bar). Itīs supposed to be about 18 degrees and 80 % rain fall possibility...itīs gonna be very wet :umbrella: . Iīm gonna kick my ass if my faves will face each other early :eek:

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I don't mind as long as a certain fave prevails :devil:

martirogi
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
justine vs ana rd 1
justine vs myskina rd 2

is that ur dream draw spunky :devil:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:25 PM
justine vs ana rd 1
justine vs myskina rd 2

is that ur dream draw spunky :devil:

Yep...seriously, this is my worst nightmare, but I think it wonīt happen, as this would be really really impossible (how are the odds for this?!?) and I am not such an unlucky person in general.

I would call the tourney-staff and scream at them, telling them to fucking change the draw if the worse case scenario occures!

_LuCaS_
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I would call the tourney-staff and scream at them, telling them to fucking change the draw if the worse case scenario occures!
:haha: you tell them Yee Wah :shout: :haha:

Spunky83
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:30 PM
OMG...just imagine this would really happen! :lol: :sad: :lol: :sad: :lol: :sad: :eek:

Daniel
Apr 27th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Less than a week, i am so excited, hope she gets an easy draw and finally she wins at least one match :bounce: :D

_LuCaS_
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, LOL :o
But deep down inside we're hungry for titles :yippee:

Shoulderpova
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Please don't make us disappointed again Nastya :wavey:

Spunky83
Apr 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Please don't make us disappointed again Nastya :wavey:

Especially me :o

~|Naomi|~
Apr 28th, 2005, 03:01 AM
justine vs ana rd 1
justine vs myskina rd 2

I don't think this can happen. Berlin has 16 seeds. Henin should be about 15th seed. But maybe someone should check that, but I'm pretty sure she'll be seeded, her ranking has gone up a lot and she has jumped above many players, also Molik & golovin & schiavone withdrew so that makes Henin a seed. So that is good news for Nastya :)

Seeds should be, without serena they would all go up one
1.Mauresmo
2.Sharapova
3.Serena
4.Dementieva
5.Nastya
6.Kuznetsova
7.Zvonareva
8.Petrova
9.Schnyder
10.Bovina
11.Dechy
12.Likhovtseva
13.Kim
14.Farina
15.Henin
16. Jankovic

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I don't think this can happen. Berlin has 16 seeds. Henin should be about 15th seed. But maybe someone should check that, but I'm pretty sure she'll be seeded, her ranking has gone up a lot and she has jumped above many players, also Molik & golovin & schiavone withdrew so that makes Henin a seed. So that is good news for Nastya :)

Seeds should be, without serena they would all go up one
1.Mauresmo
2.Sharapova
3.Serena
4.Dementieva
5.Nastya
6.Kuznetsova
7.Zvonareva
8.Petrova
9.Schnyder
10.Bovina
11.Dechy
12.Likhovtseva
13.Kim
14.Farina
15.Henin
16. Jankovic

Yeah, I wasnīt sure about the seeding. Justine is 22nd right now in the rankings...Davenport doesnīt play for sure, Serena has a questionmark, Capriati is injured, Venus isnīt listed yet, Molik, Schiavone, Golovin...would make 7 players, Asagoe is missing too, so that would make 8...making Justine seeded 14th?...I really hope my calculations are right.

~|Naomi|~
Apr 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah it is the same as what I said, so we must be right ;) I did it with Serena so Henin would be 15th without Serena like you said she'd be 14th, so it is the same thing, but either way lucky for you cause Nastya won't play Henin in first couple of rounds :)

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah it is the same as what I said, so we must be right ;) I did it with Serena so Henin would be 15th without Serena like you said she'd be 14th, so it is the same thing, but either way lucky for you cause Nastya won't play Henin in first couple of rounds :)

Cool, thx for your post, I wasnīt thinking so far ahead;)

Anyway, around 13 degrees on the last four tourney days...I really need some good (might I say hot) matches to keep me alive out there :eek:

Breakaway
Apr 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Good Luck Nastya! :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I just hope no Kim around Nastya :scared:

goldenlox
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:40 PM
The draw doesn't matter to me. I want Anastasia to play well, and get to RG healthy, and confident.
Then the draw matters.

_LuCaS_
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
She could have gone far in Miami, but she meet Kim in 4th round...the draw matters.
Let's see what happens in Berlin and maybe she'll skip Rome.

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Oh, the draw does matter now...especially with all those crazy dangerous floaters waiting right around the corner. There are just too many players right now who clearly donīt belong where they are now...Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne, Ivanovic...just to name a few.

goldenlox
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I'd rather avoid Kim in Paris. This week doesn't matter.
RG is close by. If Anastasia wins it again, 2005 becomes a huge success.
And then Anastasia will have defended her points, and can go after #1.

_LuCaS_
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I'm only scared by Kim, but now everyone has a shot at defeating Nastya :sad:
I dream of defending RG...you have no idea. I would buy drinks for the whole neighbourhood :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

goldenlox
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Last year, Anastasia only won 1 match after IW, and before RG.
So it's possible. No matter how bad her form seems, it can change fast.

martirogi
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM
i think its better for roland garros if she loses early here and at rome. bad luck nastya. :banana: :banana: :banana:

_LuCaS_
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
i think its better for roland garros if she loses early here and at rome. bad luck nastya. :banana: :banana: :banana:
Let's not act stupid now :smash:

sinterklaasje
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I think it's better if she wins all 3 ;)

:banana:

Spunky83
Apr 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM

Wanna bet on it? Nastya winning all three clay tourneys?...the odds must be like 1:1000000

sinterklaasje
Apr 29th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Wanna bet on it?

hmmmmm

no, better not :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 29th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Ok, the Berliner Morgenpost today announced that Dementieva withdraw and there are still heavy rumours that Serena wonīt play...so it will be:

1.Mauresmo
2.Sharapova
3.Nastya

Hmmm...

martirogi
Apr 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM
some people said momo might withdraw with that ab thing :tape: but she has champ points to defend so she'll prob try to play at least

Spunky83
Apr 29th, 2005, 02:38 PM
some people said momo might withdraw with that ab thing :tape: but she has champ points to defend so she'll prob try to play at least

Yep..but well Venus doesnīt play either :confused: Itīs Maria-time :baby:

~|Naomi|~
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:08 PM

She had points to defend in Warsaw as well but withdrew, the most important thing for her is that she is healthy for her home tournament in paris not playing Berlin.

Itīs Maria-time

No, no, no it is Nastya time and Kim time ;) But in reality it will probably be Henin time as it is clay.

~|Naomi|~
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Serena is officially out now it is in GM.

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Right so the top 4 seeds are
1.Mauresmo
2.Sharapova
3.Myskina
4.Kuznetsova
She's very likely to meet a player outside #13 if she reaches 3rd round.
Kim and Justine.
Yep..but well Venus doesnīt play either :confused: Itīs Maria-time :baby:
I don't care Yee Wah. Cheer her in her thread, not here.

Shoulderpova
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I want a tough draw for Nastya :fiery:
some thing like:
A.Myskina
A.Ivanovic
K.Clijsters
A.Mauresmo
I know there is no draw like this but she needs a tough one to wake up :fiery:

Spunky83
Apr 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I don't care Yee Wah. Cheer her in her thread, not here.

No humour here ever since Nastya started playing badly...which reminds me, Lucas, you never got the fun part about posting here :eek:

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Lucas, you never got the fun part about posting here :eek:
That's your conclusion? After 2,778 posts? :rolleyes:

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 04:07 PM
I consume my "fun" dealing with all the haters in GM.

sinterklaasje
Apr 29th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I consume my "fun" dealing with all the haters in GM.

:lol:

Haters in GM?? I've never noticed them ! :lol:
Well, there will be even more haters when she wins RG again :devil:

Spunky83
Apr 29th, 2005, 06:15 PM
That's your conclusion? After 2,778 posts? :rolleyes:

No, I meant the fun part as in posting something like: "Nastya won "type in big tourney"!!!"...thatīs the fun-fun-fun part;)

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Only you understand what you write sometimes
Why are we having this conversation? You know I dislike Sharapova.

Spunky83
Apr 29th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Only you understand what you write sometimes
Why are we having this conversation? You know I dislike Sharapova.

I donīt know...I think I have the same problem like Sertab...always forgetting to take my medicine :sad:

_LuCaS_
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I don't think so, Sertab is different :cuckoo:...however I'm not allowed to share info on my patients

martirogi
Apr 30th, 2005, 04:32 AM
spunky really likeds sharapova? i thought it was all sarcasm. if she really liked maria she,d have her in her sig. god im so confused.

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
spunky really likeds sharapova? i thought it was all sarcasm. if she really liked maria she,d have her in her sig. god im so confused.

You didnīt know that? I am the total Maria fan...who needs Nastya?

:lol:

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Yee Wah msn please ASAP

_LuCaS_
Apr 30th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Main Draw

Sharapova
Grönefeld - Linetskaya
Jidkova - Vento
Peng - Sugiyama

Hénin - Benesova
Zuluaga - Kirilenko
Qualifier - Sucha
Zvonareva

Kuznetsova
Maleeva - Douchevina
Qualifier - Martínez
Dulko - Hantuchova

Clijsters - Qualifier
Safina - Ivanovic
Qualifier - Medina
Schnyder

Bovina
Qualifier - Daniilidou
Shaughnessy - Qualifier
Randriantefy - Déchy

Jankovic - Qualifier
Barna - Pennetta
Chladkova - Schruff
Myskina

Petrova
Marrero - Koukalova
Chakvetadze - Pierce
Klösel - Likhovtseva

Sprem - Razzano
Craybas - Qualifier
Smashnova - Kostanic
Mauresmo

What can I say, usually it's SF against Mauresmo, no excuses.
Kim-Ana 2nd round...sorry Spunky

TiK-Tee
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Go Nastya

Good draw to final

LiTTLe SeRTaB
Apr 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I don't think so, Sertab is different :cuckoo:...however I'm not allowed to share info on my patients

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 30th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Kim-Ana 2nd round...sorry Spunky

Yeah, well...it makes up for Nastyaīs cake-walk draw a bit (although in her current form everything is a killer draw). I think Ana will play doubles anway.

Sorry btw, but I couldnīt catch you on msn. I went online a few times, but you werenīt on :confused:

Breakaway
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Go Nastya! Get back into your form! :bounce:

angiee3
May 2nd, 2005, 01:06 AM
Good luck Nastya.

Daniel
May 2nd, 2005, 04:07 AM
Good luck Anastasia!!! :worship:

lets focus, the opener is always tough but you will win it :hug: :bounce:

Netsurfer
May 2nd, 2005, 05:18 AM

I like the way you think, sinterklaasje ! :yeah: :bigclap:

Good luck in Berlin, Nastya!

Playing doubles with Ana Ivanovic, whoa! How totally awesome is that?! Can't wait to see those two together. :bounce:

**Netsurfer

Daniel
May 2nd, 2005, 07:14 AM
Awsome???

It is amazing, fantastic, wonderful :worship: :crazy: :bounce:

@2 sexy women together :drool:

sinterklaasje
May 2nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
I'm glad she's not in the upper part of the draw ;)

Good luck Nastya :bounce:

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 12:45 PM
#107 def. Myskina 6-2,1-6,6-4
Don't you dare play Rome.
Go in the woods. You can embarrass yourself in RG afterwards.

martirogi
May 4th, 2005, 12:51 PM
yes. the woods are the only place that should take nastya after that "unique" performance

sinterklaasje
May 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM

maybe you're right
plan A was winning Berlin, Rome and RG
time to get to plan B, winning RG

Netsurfer
May 4th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Don't you dare play Rome.
Go in the woods. You can embarrass yourself in RG afterwards.
So she should just give up? Why on earth would she do that? She's gotta fight. Hard times for her (and her fans) no doubt, but I won't give up on Nastya. :rocker2: And she shouldn't, either.

**Netsurfer

~|Naomi|~
May 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNDU1cml1BF9TAzk1ODYyNTg0BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-germanopen&prov=ap&type=lgns

Backed by 4,000 cheering home fans, Schruff needed just 75 minutes to beat the French Open champion for the biggest win of her career and a spot in the third round. The third-seeded Myskina hasn't won more than three matches in any tournament since the Australian Open in early February.

Her record for 2005 fell to 8-9, and losing to the 107th-ranked player cast doubt on her ability to defend her title at Roland Garros. ``I'm not even thinking about that. I'm so upset -- I hope I feel better tomorrow,'' Myskina said. ``What am I doing wrong? Ask my coach.''

_LuCaS_
May 4th, 2005, 03:35 PM
So she should just give up? Why on earth would she do that? She's gotta fight. Hard times for her (and her fans) no doubt, but I won't give up on Nastya. :rocker2: And she shouldn't, either.

**Netsurfer
Maybe she should..............of course NOT, but it's hard to live with today's defeat. Her confidence is a disaster. She was 0-3 in 1st set, unable to win a SINGLE point. I thought I was having a bad dream.
I found her footwork, anticipation really poor today. How in the world can a outside 100 player play with you like that (with those dropshots) ? Nastya is known for her speed and agility. Not anymore. Each time she was at the net, I was sure she would lose that point. She just stands there, waiting for the op to do something. Horrible.

Except for that 2nd set, Julia was really dictating the game. HOW IN THE WORLD IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Get a new coach.

selyoink
May 4th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Myskina should never lose to someone outside of the top 100. No matter how bad she is playing or how well her opponent is playing. It is an inexcusable loss today.

She will lose in the first round at the French Open.

I really think she needs to take time off. Maybe a very long break. At the very least a coaching change is needed.

martirogi
May 4th, 2005, 09:59 PM
i didnt get to see the match, but lucus u say she was horrible at net. that was the problem in her loss to clijsters in miami everytime she went up there it ended in an easy miss and then she got mad at herself which makes everything else worse.

just imagine the headline- anastasia myskina defends paris without winning a match on red clay all year. it helps. :angel:

Breakaway
May 4th, 2005, 10:02 PM
It's okay it's just a matter of time before she figures it out. She just can't let this get her down for weeks on end.

angiee3
May 5th, 2005, 02:15 AM
:sad: :sad: i still can't believe she lost.

I have faith in her and i know she'll do better. hopefully soon.

Daniel
May 8th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Nastya has personal problems and obviously the coach is useless if he can't help her through this.

Nastya, get better soon please :hug: :kiss: