PDA

View Full Version : WTA Tour Tennis Game Thread

ASV
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:49 AM
I just got it and it stinks...I can't control it at all and every single player I use can only hit lobs.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

tennisvideos
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:32 AM
maybe you keep selecting Lea Pericoli as your player??

Just kidding, Lea was renowned for her lobs back in the good old days....

Hope you can sort this out. This is one game that I do want to buy when it is released in Oz...

SM
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:45 AM
i fu want something easy and more arcade style with simplicity pick up virtua tennis...if u want a deeper , more realistic and yet more demanding game to master then th egame u just bought is exactly that! just have patience and work out the control scheme

marshmellow
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:35 AM
maybe you should try the other buttons? :p

im sorry. i don't think i've played that game....

ASV
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
i've tried like everything possible!

HELP!

RYNJ
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Arantxa's #1 Fan
i've tried like everything possible!

HELP!

return it, thats what I did with smash court tennis

Berlin_Calling
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:54 PM
u have to press the button to start the backswing, and then press the button again right before the player is about to hit the ball. It is a little hard at first but i have gotten used to it. A little mistiming and the ball becomes a lob.
IE, If i want to hit flat, i would press the x button early, and then press it again right when the ball is close to me

Todd26
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:32 PM
Believe me, it's a great game once you learn how to hit. It took me a couple days but once I got it down I haven't stopped playing. You have to go to options and put it on the expert mode. Then as the balls coming toward you press X then press X again to hit the ball. It takes time but i like it now.

venusfan
Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:38 PM
TENNIS 2K2 ALL THE WAY