PDA

View Full Version : My favorite Sports Debate

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:14 PM
Hehe. :D

If two teams/players have a match, and someone is kicking ass the most and being more dominant, yet they lose the match, did they deserve to win?

Eg. Kim vs. Justine at 2001 French Open and Martina Hingis vs. Capriati at 2002 Australian Open, or Sebastien Grosjean vs. Arnaud Clément at 2001 Australian Open.

I always feel that, no matter what, whoever won, desered to win the match simply because they won. They are the ones who were brave enough to close it out or take the chance even if it were one. If their opponent was too stupid to close the match or take advantages and they still lose, then they didn't deserve to win. No, I don't think Henin, Hingis, or Clément deserved to win those matches, and I even like Hingis 10 times more than Capriati and cried when she lost, and at the time, Clément 3 times better than Grosjean.

And then there's that whole unlucky bit. Like a few line calls don't go your way. But still, what a petty excuse. You never know with line calls. But when I ask this question, my mind is more on soccer! LOL! Two very different sports.

Well, anyway, what do you all think? It's my favorite debate besides the death penalty! LOL! But this isn't a death penalty MB!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Dec 19th, 2002, 08:20 PM
bump