PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa withdraws from Rome

ptkten
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
....due to a change in scheduling, that's what the WTA tour site said.

I'm guessing that means she's playing in Sarasota, Ameila, Charleston, Hamburg, Berlin, and Madrid and probably didn't want to play that extra week.

I understand her decision but she does have a lot of points to defend!!, but she probably doesn't want to repeat last years performance at the French and be more rested

anabel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
Oh well, i think she should skip Madrid and play Rome.

She didnt play Madrid in 98 99 & 00 and she won or made semis...she played Madrid in 01 and see the result at Roland Garros.

I think she should take that week to rest before the French Open...

Monica_Rules
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:57 PM
Shes got a hectic schedule coming up with her recent form i don't know where she'll be ranked after Roland Garros!:eek:

Kart
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:36 PM
This is a shame :sad:, but I think that it's not all bad - the field for Rome is super strong and ASV probably has a better shot at winning in Madrid.

Anyway she's commited practically every other week so it's not all bad and I don't think ASV has ever been that successful in Rome anyway (?).

I'm sure she's going to have a great clay season :).

DEETHELICK
Apr 5th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Well I was getting kinda worried about Arantxa's schedule as it seemed as though she was playing everywhere......btw is she playing fed cup??

I think a rest is good, she should forget being so consumed about points as she has hardly an points to defend from RG onwards!!

Vamos Arantxa for the clay season (and the rest of the year of course!)

:D :D :D