PDA

View Full Version : French open 2005...anyone going?

Kelly
Apr 16th, 2005, 11:11 AM
i found this in the local paper

this unforgetable weekend couples the romance of paris with the splendour of the one of the biggest tennis tournements in the world-the french open at roland garros.
-transfers and entrance to roland garros,chance to upgrade to centre court
-2 nights accomodation in the ile de france area
-continental breakfast
-return coach travel from the local area
=return ferry crossing

3days from £159 28th may 05

im sending off for the brouchure and im really considering going...anyone fancy it?

Elldee
Apr 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Wow, that's really cool.

joaco
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Please... the ones who actually can do it, DO IT!!! Enjoy the possibility, I mean it :bounce:

foreva lindsay
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:07 PM
im going...flying out on the 21st and coming back the 24th, have my tickets too :D

Ty-Ty
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Lucky.

Nikki
Apr 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Sounds good, I will have finished uni by then too. I'll have to see as I know I have 2 weddings to go to that month.

nouf
Apr 17th, 2005, 04:20 PM
i will be 8 days to roland garros!

:-)

full of fotos! :-)

foreva lindsay
Apr 17th, 2005, 07:02 PM
good good :D

Kelly
Apr 17th, 2005, 07:57 PM
ive sent off for the leaflet and im really considering doing it.....i'll have t pay for it via my credit card but its an experiance and i have always wanted to go to paris...so i get to sight see and see a day of tennis lol. two birds with one stone

Frederic
Apr 17th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Well, I go there to see the 4rt round match, it is on sunday, so I'll obviously see Lindsay!!!;-)

Elldee
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:58 PM
ive sent off for the leaflet and im really considering doing it.....i'll have t pay for it via my credit card but its an experiance and i have always wanted to go to paris...so i get to sight see and see a day of tennis lol. two birds with one stone

Keep us updated on that! I'm so tempted but I should be revising.

Kelly
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:41 AM
ok after abit of searching around i have found the deal on the net....but u cant book it through the net u can only book it via phone or the leaflet. heres the link

http://www.travelscope.co.uk/French_Open.html

its £159 with entrance to RG but for a centre court ticket its £229......so its £70 for a ticket for a 3rd/4th round match....if i do it ive go for the ticket havent i really...ok so it will take me lnger to pay the credit card but its a one of chance to see lindsay on a surface she hates lol. i think im gonna do it. i dont where the pick up points are as of yet but if anyone wants to go and there snt a pick up point near u your welcome to crash at mine cos im pretty sure there is a pick up point at the local bus station

Elldee
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks Kelly... If only I hadn't just given in my notice... this would clear my account.

Kelly
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:06 PM
thats what credit cards are for lol.....i knew the bank shouldnt have upped my limit to a grand

Justeenium
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I'll be there the first Monday and Tuesday as well as the Saturday of qualifying--hopefully I will see Lindsay and the Belgians practicing that day.

I think I have show court tickets for Monday and Tuesday, I haven't received any tickets but there has been a charge on my credit card from the FFT for like three weeks now.

I just hope I get them in time!

Elldee
Apr 20th, 2005, 12:30 PM
where would people advise buying tickets from this late? [the cheapest place!]

RayRob
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM
You've all almost temped me into going, but I don't have enough holidays and/or the finance.

I'm even stretching myself in the hope of doing the WTA grass court Grand Slam this year: Birmingham-Eastbourne-Wimbledon

Birmingham's a definate one because I go every year! Wimbledon I'm 80% sure that I'm going, the other 20% is lack of courage ;) lol, and Eastbourne is 60% of me in contemplation.....now it's just whether or not my supervisor will tollerate me saying, "Can I swap my monday day off, to wednesday, have thursday off, both next week and the week after....then the week after that can I keep my monday off and take tuesday off and work saturday instead".....I think she would kill me! :lol:

-Rache

RayRob
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
There's also this on lastminute.com

http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?POSITION=1&PRODID=412417687&CATID=95241

This is inclusive of centre courts seats and one night stay at a 4* hotel, per person based on 2 sharing....but the flights not included I don't think. But for £190 with Centre tickets, 4* hotel it's not too bad....especially if you can't afford to have 3 days of work, with this you'd only need 2....you could probably get a cheap flight with flybe or ryan air or something.

Just thought I'd give you all another option, just in case,
-Rache

Kelly
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:20 PM
lol.....the french open one is over a weekend sat,sun mon

RayRob
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:39 PM
lol.....the french open one is over a weekend sat,sun mon

:rolleyes: oh, how stupid of me....didn't realise! that's great value for a weekend, but I really don't have the money to spare, with saving for everything else.

One year, I will go......and if Lindsay is still playing next year then I may go. Priory regarding tennis this year is Wimbledon! :D Thanks for all the details though.

-Rache

Kelly
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
its all good.

ive got £300 saved for wimby but thats for my b+b when they get back to me. luckilly i get payed the day i travel down so i can use that for tickets etc. still need to book my coach down there

RayRob
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:34 PM
£300 for B&B, it's going to be that much for accomodation!? woaw! Mind you, hotels are like £90 per person, per night based on 2 sharing during wimby, so I guess that is about right.

-Rache

Kelly
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
i was quoted for between £32-£40 per night.
rang the booking line for the french open and there going to get back to me to let me know if there are any spaces left. hope so im looking forwad to it

GertAlert
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah!! I'm so happy! :)

I received my tickets for Roland Garros today and all for show courts (okay, not the cheapest, but what the heck). I'm going 3 days; tuesday, wednesday and thursday first week. Also found a really nice hotel! It's just perfect!! It's on the Ile de la Cité and only 25 euros per night! Whoaw! My traintickets are 65 euros for a return ticket Amsterdam-Paris! Not to bad huh? :lol:

See you in Paris! :cool:

Justeenium
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I got my tickets Monday. qualifying on saturday, Court1 on first Monday, Chatrier on first Tuesday.

:cool:

Kelly
Apr 29th, 2005, 05:23 PM
im still waiting for them to get in touch..i am thinking they have sold out...bugger

foreva lindsay
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
i have lenglen on the tuesday :D

Frederic
May 1st, 2005, 02:02 PM
I'm soooo disappointed!!! I can have any tickets!!! So I won't be able to go to Roland Garros, meeting Lindsay for the last time as a player!!!! I'm sooooo disgusted!!!!