PDA

View Full Version : SERENA amazes Wertheim

TeeRexx
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:59 PM
from Jon Wertheim - CNNSI:

-------------
"Serena Williams has lost but one of the last 24 matches she's completed. Never mind the rankings. Anyone who doesn't drop a set to Martina Hingis, Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati in a span of 72 hours is the best in the game at the moment"
---------------

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020330/mdf5629.jpg

Now for SERENA to carry this momentum into the clay season ... and beyond.

Williams Rulez
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:59 PM
Congrats to him for stating the obvious again... ;) :D

At least he is right this time... ;)

veryborednow
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:03 PM
i wish that was my job, being paid to say comething that is so bleeding obvious.

he really is a piece of crap

TeeRexx
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:42 PM
What Wertheim mentioned is not obvious to quite a few people.

He has his worth it seems.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TeeRexx
from Jon Wertheim - CNNSI:

-------------
"[b]Serena Williams has lost but one of the last 24 matches she's completed.

Did anyone else read this or am I completly missing something? :rolleyes:

veryborednow
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:52 PM
He has his worth it seems

no, i disagree. People have seen Serena win Scottsdale AND Miami, and i think most are willing to accept shes the hottest player the past month.

Volcana
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:55 PM
Freethinker82 - I THINK he's discounting the retirement against Shaughnessy at Sydney. If you do, then Serena is on a wining streak that dates from the Tour Championships last year. Howevr, that's a guess. I have no actual idea WHAT he means.

BTW, I'm with TeeRexx on this. A LOT of people on this board can't seem to see Serena is playing the best tennis on the tour. Wertheim may be 'stating the obvious' to any objective observer, but how many of those do we have around here? The origin of the word 'fan' is 'fanatic', not 'calm, reasonable and objective thinker'.