PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE think that Conchita can win a match??

conchita
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:39 AM
hey every1 :)

i am sorry but conchita seems to be lacking in the flare and sophistication that she had aquired up to 2000 in her career. This year alone she has lost to henin, osterloh, loit, carlsson, smashnova (i think), and seles. is this just because her ranking has dropped and therefore she is getting bad draws or she is just dropping her standard in general?

just a thought......................... :sad:

per4ever
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:00 AM
dropping her standard...she's getting old...well she had her best years..that's clear I think :rolleyes:

thefreedesigner
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:03 AM
Perhaps she has her best years, but she was pushing (beating) Monica lest we forget.

So of course she's gonna win matches this year!!! :rolleyes:

carot
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Go Conchi She'll surprise us all and have an excellent roland garros! :)

V.Melb
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:40 AM
With all due respect to Conchi....Girls are just really hitting hard and getting 'on-top' of her loopy shots with heavy topspin - and unless Conchi becomes an increadable mover (like Smashnova has) she will find herself loosing to more powerful and flat hitting girls.
Her game really isn't going to do enough damage against in-form players of any-sort.
Her best days are gone - but she might be able to get some confidence back on clay.

anabel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:44 AM
I really hate these stupid threads

jomar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
LOL then ya should have ignored this thread.:o

bee
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:15 PM
YES !!!! :p :p
I still have faith that she could still win a match... ;) ;) :p :p

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

galadriel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:23 PM
I'm sure she will have a great clay court season:)

Kart
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:34 PM
Not only do I still think she can win matches, I still think she is capable of beating anyone in the top ten on clay.

Conchita rocks and deserves a lot more respect than she seems to get these days :( .

Gallofa
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:53 PM
Of course I believe she will :) Conchita is a superb player, she needs to find her confidence, but I *know* she still has some great results in her :D

Vamos Conchita! ;) I will be cheering when she finally breaks through this season :D

Nacho
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:58 PM
Vamos Conchita, we all know you can win lots of matches :)

Mark43
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:48 PM
I saw the Conchita match against Seles last week in Miami and CM was playing great tennis. The only difference in the end was Monica started connecting with her groundies, otherwise Conchita was going to take the match. She never gave up and looked to be in good shape. I am surprised by her loss this week to Jelena. Hopefully CM will have a great clay court season and get her ranking back on track.

moon
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:42 PM
Jelena is no slouch on clay, so her winning over Conchi is not a big surprise. Otherwise I think she has been getting some sucky draws, and yes, she cannot outhit the big guns.

But in answer to your question, of course she can win matches!

Go Conchita!