PDA

View Full Version : Angelique Widjaja

b8beEbLu3
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:50 AM
I'm interested in how she plays? How good do you think she'll be?

Rollo
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:55 AM
I've never seen her b8be -Blessings(I'll change your name in the "Race standings if you like:) but I hope she's a winner of slams!

V.Melb
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:57 AM
apparently she's gonna be damn good!

She won junior wimbledon beating Marat Safin's sister in the final.
She is one of very few players to in the first WTA Tourney she ever played in!
She has won numerous junior events - she (and Su-Wei Hseih) dominated the asian junoir tour.

There is some dispute ovber whether or not she can really hit hard. some say she belts it - others say no. But she definently finds playing power-players easier then 'smart' and consistent players.

She will be a top 20 player at some stage - but she has plenty of expectations on her. Her talent is quite increadable - i am sure she can take down plenty of top players in wimby when she matures. :) :) :) :)

GO ANGIE! :D

kfh_9118
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:25 AM
I saw her play in Australian Open :D.
She hit the ball quite hard, even though consistency is still the main issue. I think she will become a great player and hopefully can enter Top 20 or Top 10 in some stage.

For now, she still needs more experiences, as I think her game still lacks of variation.

Good Luck Angie :bounce: :bounce:

jomar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:22 AM
As a 16 year old player, I guess she's beginning to impress me. I've seen her play doubles with Hsie reaching semifinals at the recently concluded Dubai Open.:wavey:

2ace2
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
I definitely think this girl'll make it!!!
:D

Zamboni
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:39 PM
I hope she'll make it :bounce:

b8beEbLu3
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:20 AM
What are some of her strengths? Weaknesses?

Which surface is she best in?

Grass or Hard?

jomar
Apr 14th, 2002, 04:37 AM
right now her service game is still vulnerable and I guess this has always been the hardest one to improve for all tennis players.

She has a very sound and effective groundstrokes and like Marti she has great hands.

IMO she be good in all surfaces.:angel: :bounce: :kiss: