PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE on these boards like Jennifer Capriati?!

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:48 AM
LOL! I am surprised at the number of people who dislike her! It's amazing. I always thought I was the sole Jen non-supporter, but I can't name one person who does support her. Just make yourselves known! Don't be shy!

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:51 AM
There are plenty of us who love her Mrs. Guga, ya just need to know where to look.....or honey don't look cause we will come to you:kiss:

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:59 AM
Mrs Guga- I can't speak for all Jenn supporters, but myself - there are so many hate threads about jenn put on here that I can only be bothered to defend her in so many of them.

Its the same pathetic garbage all the time. If you hate a player fine - but is it really worth several threads on the same topic all in one day? (i mean you collectively, not you yourself Mrs Guga :) ).

So though I've been at it today, I generally ignore the stupid crap that people post on here. You can say you don't like something and be constructive about it without being a total dumbass- but many people on here refuse to excersize that ability.

Anyhow -Jenn has tons of supporters. She just happens to have some really stupid and loud haters too. And of course those who don't like her, but are neither stupid or loud :) lol

TeNnIsFaN
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:02 AM
Well...I don't hate her!

treufreund
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:05 AM
I like Jenn. She is not in my top five faves but I do like her. :)

Tratree
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:11 AM
Well said, Becca...who has the time to respond to all the hate threads. Frankly, it makes this board a drag sometimes, so I just don't read them for the most part. There are players I don't like for various reasons, but I don't create threads on a daily basis to piss off their fans or degrade them. I expect it when Jen wins, but when she loses the match it's particularly poopy. :(

Jordan.
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:21 AM
I took a poll on the favorite players here on the board and Jennifer came in 2nd place with the most fans! :eek:
There are lots of Jenn fans...:)

Randy H
Jen fans are out there definitely :) Like Becca said, I think some of us just don't really pay much attention to the bashing threads and just enjoy that she is playing top level tennis, winning slams, and competing to her best against the world's top players which is just about as much as you can ask for :) No sense in dwelling over the negativity :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
I tend to like people when they are still underdogs. When Jenn won her Slam and became the "Wonderkid" or whatever, I just didn't care about her anymore. But then I noticed that her on-court antics don't make me fancy her either and now I really despise her. But yeah, I mean, I haven't mentioned it TOO much. I think people on here need to stop bringing it up every 2 seconds and understand that people here do like her so I will try not diss her unless she really bugged me out one day and it needs to be said! But, yeah, it's weird. I love Kim yet I know people out there detest her. So opposite of opinions! And I hate Justine and most people I meet don't. Maybe the world would be a better place if we all just respected everyone... except racists! LOL!

IcePrincess
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:28 AM
Jennifer is one of my favorites. But I don't bother reading the hate threads. I don't have time for all that nonsense.:)

kfh_9118
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:34 AM
Well, I don't hate her, but she is certainly not my favourite

Bright Red
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:48 AM
In all honesty, and at this time, like is too strong of a word to describe how I feel about Ms. Capriati.

However, I don't dislike her.

RYNJ
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:53 AM
Jen is such an amazing tennis player, can't take that away from her. She's has done something very rare in her life, that is to try and forget everything about the past and move on. I look up to that. Knowing that there is a person out there at one point in there career was going no where, but through hard work and dedication proved many spectators wrong. The only thing I dislike about her is her personality on court. IMO, I think thats what makes her unique in some ways, knowing that she's such a perfectionist and a fighter on the court. Lots of people hate her, and lots of people hate other people too. But there are also people who like her.

TM
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:59 AM
I admire FAF's willingness to fight to the end but all that swearing at babies crying and what not just makes me wanna hurl in her face! :(

joao
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:04 AM
She's not my fave.........but I love her when she beats Hingis!:wavey:

Williams Rulez
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:19 AM
What is a FAF? :confused:

the_ancyent_marinere
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:38 AM
I love her of course :hearts:,

And we all know why some don´t, since we´ve heard it all before. So there´s no need to hear why over and over again, because Hell is repetition...

conchita
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:54 AM
I definately DO hate jennifer for a few reasons:

1. When she beat hingis at the oz open this year, she chuked a complete psycho at the linesman and even swore when she was losing. Thereofre, it is safe to assume that she is a sore loser!

2. When she was losing to serena williams, not that i like her either, she also complained and got boos from the crowd before looking at them with disgust!

3. She didn't deserve to win the Australain Open coz Hingis is twice the player with more sophistication that Jen will eva have!

4. Her last outfit speaks for itself!

5. She seems to be way too cocky and has got the qwirdest, most pathetic serve that i have ever seen!

thefreedesigner
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
I don't dislike Jennifer.... There was a recent 'rate the Top 10 by your fave' edition on the board. I had Jen @ #10, but really she could be #3 because after Justine and Martina, I'm not too hot about any of the Top Ten.

I find her on-court 'antics' a combination of funny, hysterical, and unbelievable. She is a great player at the moment... but I don't understand the out-and-out hate that seems to follow her around, cause she seems nice enough off the court.

Oh, I think I've also criticised her interesting 'interview technique' on more than one occasion.

veryborednow
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
I love Jen!!!

Great player, brings SO much to the tour!! And NO-ONE can disagree with that

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:27 AM
Just remember Mrs. Guga you are entitled to "despise" Jennifer. But if you are gonna be out loud mentioning it remember two things: 1. many probably despise your favs two so watch it and 2. Where gonna tell give it back to ya.

MaRKy MaRk
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:29 AM
I have mixed feelings about Jen...

Sometimes I really like her, and feel happy for her when she wins...Off the court, she's great and sincere. And her fighting spirit and determination is maybe the best. But other times, I can't stand her 'I-can-get-away-from-anything' attitude. She'll complain about calls (especially when she's losing), stare at linespeople and scream at umpires.

So it all depends on how she's acting on the day...

argentino
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:21 AM
I LIKE A LOT!!!!!!!!! HERE IN ARGENTINA SHE HAVE A LOT OF FAN´S
SHE IS ONE OF MY FAV WITH MONICA"THE BEST"

LATER I LIKE ALL PLAYERS, BUT NEVER HINGIS AS ALL KNOW I HATE HER!!!!!

JENNY:kiss: :hearts: :bounce: :drool: ;) :) :D :cool: :p :wavey:

irma
Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:46 AM
I am not a fan of her, and her screaming on court annoys me sometimes but I have to give her all credit for what she achieved this year already, many(including me) thought that she would fell down and would not even be able to defeat her australian open title in her dreams, well she did it so she proved many people wrong once more!:)

Nimi
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by conchita

5. She seems to be way too cocky and has got the qwirdest, most pathetic serve that i have ever seen!

& that comes from a Conchita fan.... lol...

Jennifer is my top fave alongside Smasnova, shes a graet fighter who never gives up, & sometimes shes caught up in the heat of battle, that is the reason people hate her... & u really dont wanna know what FAF is... & whoever said it, go back to the GoTennis boards :(

vw43
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
There are lots of Jenny fans...Take a look in Jen's Den in the Player Forum.

We love our girl...

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Jen Capriati - the #1 player in the World...for awhile longer anyway...lol.

hillly377
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
I love her! She is great, i don't know why people hates her, I know that she has a lot of fans and she is a great person off-court, on-court she is serious and she isn't going to give any point away, she is determined and a great fighter and I love her for that!
I am not shy, I am not ashamed:
I LOVE JENNIFER CAPRIATI!

Kart
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:32 PM
I was unhappy about her beating Monica at Oz last year, but since that tournament she has not ceased to amaze me and after watching her spectacular performance against Serena (and despite the result I thought she was phenomenal), I can't help but like and respect her :).

treufreund
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:45 PM
Argentino, are you related to patricio or Lucas?

Barrie_Dude
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:13 PM
Me Love Jen-Jen!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

goshka
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
I am Jennifer Capriati fan!

Side Note: this is not only board in the World, and there are many Capriati fans out there, who admire Jennifer for her strong character, great love for tennis, among many other things. You don't have to agree with their opinion, so no need for you to reply. I am part of Jennifer's Yahoo Club (one of many) with over 560 members in it, also I run unofficial Capriati web Site, and have over 8,000 visitors monthly, plus I stay in touch with people who are running Jennifer's web sites in UK, France, Australia, and Slovakia.

Kind Regards,
Eugene

DEETHELICK
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:20 PM
I like Jennifer!

Her on-court behaviour is so-so but the thing that matters the most-HER TENNIS- is amazing.

I really enjoy watching her play, she really gives everything she has got and even when on the wrong side of a score still continues to give her best shot.

Plus that forehand.....wowee!

No doubts about it as Venus said herself in similar words 'The fact that Jennifer became number 1 during a time when women's tennis was at its most competitive shows what kind of a tennis player she is'

Plus put her in a match with nearly anyone and people all wana know what happens!

Star Power all the way :)

LucasArg
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:51 PM
I don't like Jennifer as I don't like Martina, but I don't hate her.:kiss:

Ty
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:54 PM
i love Jennifer! She is so great! :)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tatiana Panova
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:29 PM
I really like her and she is great for the game!!

JuliaKS
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:59 PM
JEN IS THE WORLD´S GREATEST!!!

She is my fav for a long long time...and will it be forever!

Since all the years with success and defeat she has become a imortant part of my life!Can´t imagine life without her as the greatest tennis player and a really nice person!

gogetter
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:26 PM
YES! As everyone knows Jen is my FAVE. AND, I do like plenty of other players as well: Martina, Kim, Serena, Monica, Daniela. It's hard for me to understand Hating a player since I enjoy watching them all. :)

roots
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:27 PM
Jenn is the best!

nash
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:42 PM
I really like Jennifer! She's not my all-time fave, or my current fave, but I've been a fan since she started playing and wish her much success in her career...

Snuffkin
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Count me in...I have been a fan of hers since Wimbledon 1991 and I still shake my head sometimes to consider what she has achieved. I admire her greatly and think that she always gives 100%, or rather she does nowawdays!

I completely understand why people dislike her - her emotion on court sometimes gets out of hand and her colourful language will not earn her too many new fans. But she is full of commitment and will never give up and tank. As she said after the AO final, she knew that for Martina to win, she was going to have to kill her (Jennifer) because Jennifer was not going to give up under any circumstances. She has a huge heart. She just needs to control her emotion in a positive way, although I think she needs to get fired up on court, despite it not being too pretty to see.

I love her game and when she is on, it is great to see her play. I cannot comment on her as a person, because I only know the media constructed image of her and I refuse to accept that as truth. She seems to be nice enough, not forgetting people at big moments, Corina at the French, the cancer guy Darren at the AO etc., but it would be naive of me to say that I truly know what she is like.

I like the girl, from what I think I know of her. And people who don't like her, as with others, will always find reasons to dislike her. I've managed to get over all the new negativity towards her and as said above I, too, now ignore the negative threads.

Robbie.
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:19 PM
I'm not a Jenn fan in particular but admire her heaps and she has to be respected for what she has been able to do. Jenn is a champion and I think when people start being successful the haters always come out - Venus, Serena and Martina are other shining examples - I think it is pretty sad that these people get kicks out of putting others down. I think they are just completely consumed with envy because they are not satisfied with their own lives. To criticize so harshy and often crudely a person who you don't even know personally, and who you haven't even met is quite sick. I think sometimes we hold athletes up as demi-gods, when they are in fact people who make mistakes and are fallible as well. Jennifer is a great champion, and I'm sure is also a great person in her own way, but none of us know her and therefore none of us have the right to hate her - she should simply be accepted as the great player she is.

paigery
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:21 PM
well said, :D

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:29 AM
yes tennisaddict very well said. And this post proves how big her fan base is.......

vw43
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:15 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Guess there are some of us that think Jenny is a true champ!

Nice to see the fans come out! :kiss:

apoet29
Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:20 PM
I agree with you. I find it sad that Jennifer gets so much criticism. Yes, her oncourt behavior leaves something to be desired at times, but she has really come a long way and deserves a lot of credit for that. I cannot wait to see what she will do during the clay court season.:)

Luna_Angel_84
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:39 PM
I love Jen! Her fighting spirit amazes me, and she is also an amazing player with this huge heart. Yeah she can be a little stroppy, but at least she brings excitement to matches, and you can't help but love her. Oh, one more thing, she also happens to be one VERY sexy lady.:hearts:

Zl@tko
Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:32 PM
Well i'm a fan of Jennifer :) I was sad when she upset Monica at Aussie Open last year and i was a little angry about her grunt comments, but this all is the past now :) I like Jennifer and I was happy when she won Aussie again this year :)

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:24 PM
Damn, I love it when potentially bad posts turn into great positive ones.

See Jenn if you ever wonder about places like this you are loved my many:kiss:

xcrtbckhnd
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:56 PM
I LOVE JEN!!!!!!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

'Nuff said.

GoJennifer
Apr 4th, 2002, 03:07 AM
Jennifer is my favorite!

It's usually the same old, tired, predictable posters who start the Jen bashing. So, most Jenny fans just ignore those threads. We come here to discuss tennis and cheer our girl to victory!

:bounce:

E. Blackadder
Apr 4th, 2002, 07:40 AM
I like her too (except if she's playing Kim)

Jeff
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Nope, don't like Jennifer, and never will :o

Candy946
Apr 4th, 2002, 08:23 AM
I second that.

Jakeev
Apr 4th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Jeff and Candy just haven't seen the light is all:D just kidding hey everybody is entitled not to like certain players.....