PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup 2005

Mark Spruce
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:43 PM
This is the French Team for the tie v Austria (April 23rd - 24th)

Amélie Mauresmo
Nathalie Dechy
Tatiana Golovin
Mary Pierce
Captain: Mr Georges Goven

yipeeeeeeeeee Mary is in the team.

Venue: Pörtschach, Austria (clay – outdoors)

regards

Mark

Scotso
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Nice team.

ashwu
Apr 16th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Captain: Mr Georges Goven?
who is he?

saby
Apr 16th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Georges Goven is one of the best french coach, he had already been the coach of Tauziat, Dechy, Tati, Amelie and Mary

sebbe
Apr 16th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Is Mary just going to play double or single too??

Mark Spruce
Apr 17th, 2005, 01:02 AM
I am not to sure, maybe it will be announced nearer the time.

I am just so glad that our Queen is on the team and that she should play.

Mark

NicoMary
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM
PFFF great team:eek: :worship: :hearts: The practice session will be Hot to watch...Pierce, Golovin, Pierce Mauresmo...Golovin Mauresmo...etc

Want to see Golovin and Pierce in single!!!!!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM
PFFF great team:eek: :worship: :hearts: The practice session will be Hot to watch...Pierce, Golovin, Pierce Mauresmo...Golovin Mauresmo...etc

Want to see Golovin and Pierce in single!!!!!!!

Impossible !

Mauresmo will play, for sure, at least the first day, and the second will be Dechy, Mary or Tatiana !

Ca dépendra surement des matchs d'entraînement, et de la forme affichée durant la semaine de préparation ... Au pire, Mary devrait etre alignée en double, double qui pourrait être retransmis, même si non décisif, par sport+ :bounce:

NicoMary
Apr 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Impossible !

Mauresmo will play, for sure, at least the first day, and the second will be Dechy, Mary or Tatiana !

Ca dépendra surement des matchs d'entraînement, et de la forme affichée durant la semaine de préparation ... Au pire, Mary devrait etre alignée en double, double qui pourrait être retransmis, même si non décisif, par sport+ :bounce:

Info de dernières minutes....GOLOVIN serait forfait:sad:

La jeune française demi finaliste à charleston souffrirait du dos et de la cuisse..;et a déclarer ne pas être sur du tout de jouer la fed cup...info a suivre

saby
Apr 17th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Info de dernières minutes....GOLOVIN est forfait:sad:

Too bad for the french team but now maybe Mary will play single !!

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 17th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Oh so sad :sad:

It doesn't matter and it's a good new ! More place for Mary :angel:

Scotso
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:49 PM
I still think that on clay Mauresmo and Pierce are the obvious choice for singles. Dechy is good on it, but not as good as the first two.

Why would Austria choose clay? That seems like suicide to me.

ZAK
Apr 17th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I still think that on clay Mauresmo and Pierce are the obvious choice for singles. Dechy is good on it, but not as good as the first two.

Why would Austria choose clay? That seems like suicide to me.

Showing up seems like suicide...

LefandePatty
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Oh so sad :sad:

mais bien sur Wizzy, on te croit on te croit... :devil: :rolleyes: :lol: :p

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:20 AM
mais bien sur Wizzy, on te croit on te croit... :devil: :rolleyes: :lol: :p

J'ai précisé après que j'en avais rien a foutre, au contraire, si ça me permet de voir Mary jouer :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 18th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Best of luck to France, and especially our queen Mar-ie Pierce

Mark

Ellery
Apr 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Virginie remplace Tatiana, n'est-ce pas?

ashwu
Apr 18th, 2005, 04:55 PM
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-04-18/c.php

Mark Spruce
Apr 18th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Hello Ash,

Thanks so much for posting the link.

Mark

p.s Will leave you some nice green dots again

ashwu
Apr 19th, 2005, 01:12 AM
now i know what you mean :) never used that reputation thing before~
some mauresmo fan gave me a red one :(

Mark Spruce
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I ash, yeah some one gave me a red one, for me being nice to Mary when she beat his favourite. So I gave him a nice red one. I have only every had one red one so far.

take care

Mark

motta
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:35 PM
They said in wtatour.com that Mauresmo and Dechy will play singles...I can't understand it but it is ok...Mary is soooo much better than Nathalie. Well I hope that Mary will play singles against more dengerous players in other fase of Fed Cup. Austria will be easy for France...I hope that Mary plays doubles at least...

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 20th, 2005, 07:19 AM
It's not really a surprise !

Goven is new and he doesn't want to take risks so, as a stupid man, he decides to see who's the best ranked ...

But, i don't know how wtatour can know who'll play !

They have probably anticipated, because in France, nothing has been written :confused:

:rolleyes:

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Well...its a great team...its a shame that Mary won't play...but at least she'll still be in the team and perhaps she'll play doubles...:worship:

Anyway...France is going to ROCK whenever Mary's around...!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Go Mary....:bounce: :bounce:

Lets GO the French ladies...!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Maybe it'll be better for Mary to not play and rest before Berlin and Rome. Whoever will play there will be no match for France. Austrian team is so poor. They've had Schett some time ago but now they don't have any chances against France.

LafandeMary
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Georges Goven said he will announce the singles players on thursday so like Wizzy said, wtatour must have anticipated!
So there is still a chance to see Mary playing, she plays so better than Dechy!

Mark Spruce
Apr 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Well if Mary does not play singles doubles at lease please.

But as said we will have to wait unil tommorow too see what happens

Mark

saby
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I will be disapointed if Mary doesn't play but at least this year "the fed cup" is playing like in the past and like the "davis cup".

This time the final will not take place in Russia for sure !!

Mark Spruce
Apr 20th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi saby,

great to see you posting again. Yeah it will be much better with crowds etc with it not being in Russia.

How does choosing where the final will be. I am not to sure how it words as I do not follow the davies cup.

Mark

saby
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:47 PM
it depend on who is going to be qualify for the final

It's like Austria vs France, we are going to play in Austria because our last meeting in fed cup was in 1987 and it was in france, it's the same for the final...

LafandeMary
Apr 20th, 2005, 10:55 PM
it depend on who is going to be qualify for the final

It's like Austria vs France, we are going to play in Austria because our last meeting in fed cup was in 1987 and it was in france, it's the same for the final...

Yes and with this system, whoever France will play in 1/2 final and final, it will be in France :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
Oh that you so much for explaining. And also with France they are number on Fed Cup team in ranking and that helps towards where they play.

I will have a look at the FED site and see what they have for the rules etc..

So hopefully France will get that far, and with it being in France they crowd will help. Where abouts at RG ??

Mark

saby
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM
RG, I don't think for a semi it's too big, I hope Nïmes in the "Arena" I like this place.

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:34 PM
I prefer Nantes, or Toulouse (n'est-ce pas Lafandemary ?) :lol:

+ I have improved the "first page" of my site with a video :angel:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marypierce/

(wait because it needs time to download ;) )

LafandeMary
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
I prefer Nantes, or Toulouse (n'est-ce pas Lafandemary ?) :lol:

Oh yes it would be great :lol:

I suppose the final will take place in Nice so I don't think there will be something in Nimes

We still don't know who will play singles, it's so long to wait!

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hi Saby,

I was thinking of RG as haven't the Davies Cu p team ever played a match there ???

Mark

The Last Unicorn
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Make some noise for France and Mary http://www.silvi.de/gb/smilies/band.gif http://www.silvi.de/gb/smilies/dance.gif

LafandeMary
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Saby,

I was thinking of RG as haven't the Davies Cu p team ever played a match there ???

Mark

Yes there was a davis cup match at roland garros, France/USA, but I think it will be too big for the Fed Cup team...

Here is the Austria/France schedule:

Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Nathalie Dechy (FRA)
Sandra Klemenschits/Yvonne Meusberger (AUT) v Mary Pierce/Virginie Razzano (FRA)

Mary just plays doubles :rolleyes: :mad:

saby
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Hi Saby,

Mark
Not as I remember !!

Apparenlty Amélie and Nathalie are going to play single because they both didn't start her clay season.

Mary is tired because she did a 3 days trip before to arrive in Austria, She was in charleston, went to Sarasota, Detroit, Paris, Franckfort and arrived like the "french team" said somewhere in Austria !!!

On the newspaper they said that at the airport they lost Mary's luggages and she could have them the day after she arrived in Austria.

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
Hi Saby,

Thanks for the news. Here is the full draw for the match.

I still wish Mary was playing singles, but hopefully her France's next match. But I am glad that Mary is playing. I suppose all of her equipment would be lost with the luggage, and playing with replacement stuff in singles not so good.

Mark

ashwu
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
+ I have improved the "first page" of my site with a video :angel:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/marypierce/

(wait because it needs time to download ;) )

one of the greatest!
thanks!!!:worship:

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM
justine is right !

France played USA a few years ago in French but don't dream, it's impossible for the girl, because fed cup is not as popular as Davis Cup !

:sad:

Mark Spruce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
What do you mean/taking about ??

sorry if i ask a stupid question

Mark

justine is right !

France played USA a few years ago in French but don't dream, it's impossible for the girl, because fed cup is not as popular as Davis Cup !

:sad:

saby
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Mary has a little pain at one of her leg, so that is why she's not playing today. (journalists were talking about it today on tv)

Mark Spruce
Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:28 PM
Oh and the tie is 1-1 at the moment. Maybe the doubles match will be the decider.

Thanks Saby for letting me know the news of Mary

Mark

Aticar
Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM
Gover said after first day :
"En Fed Cup on a la possibilité d'aligner une joueuse jusqu'à un quart d'heure du match. Pour le moment, on reste sur la même base d'équipe, c'est-à-dire que c'est Virginie qui joue. Mary (Pierce, qui doit jouer en double) a un mollet plus que douloureux. C'est hier dans la matinée lors de la séance de vitesse que cette douleur s'est réveillée. On va voir comment elle sera demain. Une contracture ça passe."
All is possible for a single match tomorrow...

Aticar
Apr 24th, 2005, 11:28 AM
In fact Mary won't play today. No single match and no Double match she's still injured.

Mark Spruce
Apr 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
France win 4-1

Hopefully we will see Mary in the next round to play in France I guess

Mark

NicoMary
Apr 24th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Hope the semi won't be played too far from were in live.....I really wants to go and See :hearts: Mary :hearts: and the girls Kicking spaniards asses!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Scotso
Apr 24th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Congrats France :D

fOxYLiCiOuS
Apr 25th, 2005, 01:54 AM
France win 4-1

Hopefully we will see Mary in the next round to play in France I guess

Mark

:bounce: Allez Mary!! :hearts: :kiss: :hearts:

Im happy she rested this one out! :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Apr 25th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I hope so as well. I think that have a great chance if Momo and Mar-ie will play at the singles.

When I logged on I saw it 1-0 to Austria I nearlly fell off my chair.

take care

Mark

Hope the semi won't be played too far from were in live.....I really wants to go and See :hearts: Mary :hearts: and the girls Kicking spaniards asses!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

saby
May 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM
If France beat spain, the final will take place on the S.lenglen court at RG !!!
what a great news

Mark Spruce
May 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Hi Saby,

Where did you find out this news.

It is great. I hope that we get to see Fraance there. I am sure that we will !!!!!!!!

yiep

Mark

saby
May 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
l'équipe newspaper

saby
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:23 PM
You know what guys, FED CUP semi final are about 15 miles aways from my home and i'm going to try to go there, and tell Mary "thank you for everything she did"