PDA

View Full Version : (15) Mary Pierce (FRA) vs. Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP)

Mark Spruce
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM
The match is 3rd out on "ALTHEA GIBSON CLUB COURT"

play starts at 10 am local time

Best of luck Mary

I know you can do it.

Just go out there and have allot of fun.

regards

Mark

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2005, 06:48 PM
don't really know what is going on with Mary....

is she doing a bad match or does she has an injurie or what?...

rsunderji
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:05 PM
yes yes she broke her! after three match points!!!

rsunderji
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:07 PM
wow look at this, she is actually up now 6-5 in the second set! What fight

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:08 PM
my gosh...i'm a nervreck right now

Mark Spruce
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:19 PM
6-4 7-6 (7-3) in tie break

SAD

CRY

NicoMary
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stenen
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Mary :sad:
Oh well better luck next time!

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I really don't understand. Even though Mary is a up/down-player she should beat players ranked around 100, even if she doesn't play on top.

I looked forward to a nice week and mabye see Mary on eurosport tomorrow. I'm sad right now but mostly I just wonder what happened?

Mary loves clay and I guess we have to look forward to Berlin. Mary is still in the doubles with Corina and I hope she can play good there get some more matches under her belt.

Good Luck Mary and just forget this match. I will.

rsunderji
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I have no explanation for this one...but at least she stayed in there, but that is little consellation

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Mary should have won the second set ...

She begins the match being led 6/4 4/1 ...

What a pity, and as usual, Mary lost the tie break !
It's a real problem that she lost all tie breaks !

I'm so sad, she was back and she finally lost !

I want to have drug to forget it, i want to ... to forget everything ..; :sad:

Oh dear ... she was playing a great tennis since Paris, only defeated by top 4 and then, Nuria ...
it's obvious thatr Mary wasn't playing her best, probably injured ... and i'm sure she was sure she didn't have any chances to win !
And perhaps she believes in her at the middle of the second, too late for sure :(

She'll do better in Berlin and Rome, i'm sure, and of course she will reach quarters in the French at least ...

But now i want to cry, and to forget !

I want a man to help me to forget :mad:
But i'm alone ... and in my bed tonight, sure i will think to this match ... !! Grrr

Hope Mary will win the doubles title now :angel:

sebbe
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I wonder what Mary's statistics is for tiebreaks. Can be that good, she never wins them.

Mabye nervs?

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I wonder what Mary's statistics is for tiebreaks. Can be that good, she never wins them.

Mabye nervs?

no idea ...

since 2003 : she wins one against Dokic (the third one) and one against Koukalova in S'herto ...
No more ??! :confused:

ps : nico, t'as MSN ? ca seré plus pratic pr la photo

NicoMary
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:41 PM
no idea ...

since 2003 : she wins one against Dokic (the third one) and one against Koukalova in S'herto ...
No more ??! :confused:

ps : nico, t'as MSN ? ca seré plus pratic pr la photo

oui j'ai msn

CathyC!
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:00 PM
:crying2:

Declan
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm speechless. One of Mary's worst, I suppose; I hope there's a reason. Damn! I really wanted her to play and beat Dementieva! I bet she's relieved tonight....

MistyGrey
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Mary should not play doubles. I mean, yes it helps her singles to an extent.. but she is thirty now! and with her style of Tennis,the body is prone to injuries.. She played 2 matches a day before this match. I really think Mary should take it easy and just concentrate on singles. Last week, she didnt have to play twice in one day..When was the last time she had to play two matches in one day, and came back the next to play a good match.

Scotso
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Mary :mad:

I disagree, Mary should be playing doubles.

MaryPierceFan
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:16 AM
What a shame!!!! To lose to that kind of player. She is 1.56m, so for sure she only can hit-back every ball. Mary didn't have to run toom uch, I guess. For sure she did tones of errors. It's a shame to lose to that kind of player. And again she lost a tiebreak. Mary can't play tiebreaks, we know about it. She could lose to Serena(but was 5:1 up) but she shouldn't have lost to the 100 ranked player. I'm not sad, I'm angry!

Andy.
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:21 AM
This is really sad this match was an open ans shut case. Mary had no reason what so ever to lose. I hope she will get over the loss and get back to some really good form for RG.

MistyGrey
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Mary had a thigh injury! :sad:

MaryPierceFan
Apr 14th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Really???? How do You know that? If it's true, now we can understand why she lost. More news, please!!!!!!

Declan
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Mary had a thigh injury! :sad:

Sad news indeed -but at least it would make sense.

Mary's 1st Fan
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:39 AM
I am totally disappointed. It was THE OPPORTUNITY on clay this year. It would allow Mary to win many many points...
Don't forget that mary has to improve her rank if she doesn't want to face Mauresmo or Williams so soon...
We can regret that she didn't play Miami since it was no use training so much to win only 3 matches. There is only 2 tournaments before Roland Garros...How can she reach the quarters if she plays like that...I don't believe in the injury...The conditions for Mary to go on in this tournament were perfect and yet she lost. What can we except better to play a better tennis? Nothing unfortunately...
If only she could win little tournament such as Quebec last where she had the opportunity to do so, she would have the opportunity to improve her rank because everything is dependant on that...But she is stuck in the 30ies and months and tournaments have gone by...
I doubt if Mary can play again as she did in the 90ies and in 2000. She told that she is able to win a new Grand Slam but we have to be realistic it is impossible: HOW CAN SHE BELIEVE THIS BY PLAYING LIKE THIS!!! Incredible.
The worst in this story is that Mary has no fun to play like that since since she can or could do better...She told that she wanted to play now for fun but she didn't...
I don't know what to think...

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:57 AM
I'm chocked by such a reaction mary 1s fan !

You are ridiculous to say that she wasn't injured and only played badly !

Nuria lost 62 60 against Bedanova in Indian, and Mary lost only three games to Bedanova in Anvers, so it's clearly IMPOSSIBLE that Mary lost being at her top !

Look the picture, she's healthy, she seems better than never !

She played a great tennis in Indian, in Charleston, and unfortunately she was injured, that's not the end of the world, and that's not an excuse or something else !

Then, you speak about Quebec City !
Gosh, don't you know that she was suffered her soulder ?! Remember she didn't play Fed Cup because of that !
It's not because she finishes her match without giving up that she is not injured !
Remember Wimbledon ! It was clear that Mary wans't in shape, and she played, had a set point, and finally lost without doing her best, with her hand injured !
Then, she beat Schiavone, Venus, Petrova or Sharapova !!!

To sum up, I really BELIEVE that Mary is improving since French Open last year, but sometimes (too often), she is injured and she seems to refuse to give up ... that's her (bad ?) choice !

!!!! :fiery:

morbidangle
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:35 PM
There is a match report posted in the FCC thread from someone who was at the match. He said Mary took two injury timeouts and her thigh was completely wrapped up. The first timeout was after the second game with the score leveled at 1-1..so I wudn't say Mary was faking the injury.
BTW I agree about the doubles.. maybe Mary shouldn't play doubles. Man this loss hurts!

stenen
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I'm chocked by such a reaction mary 1s fan !

You are ridiculous to say that she wasn't injured and only played badly !

I agree with you. I'm shocked too. Someone who's calling him/herself as Mary's 1st Fan seems to know very little about Mary, when and how she's been injured and how these injuries have affected her play.

rsunderji
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I think doubles will only help Mary's net game and her hand speed. I don't think we should question the validity of Mary's injury. In fact she should be commended for not quitting down 4-1 in the second set knowing she was injured. It just doesn't make sense that after pretty descent tournaments at the pan pacific and the bausch and lombs that mary would lose like this unless something was bothering her. I just hope she gets it taken care of before Roland Garros

MaryPierceFan
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Now the defeat it's understandable. I hope Mary will be ok soon. Berlin and Rome are great tournaments. She has to do well there if she wants to be seeded in top 16 at RG.

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I hope Mary will be ok ! Her run in Berlin will be very very important because she needs points before French to be seed number 24 at least !

Capriati has withdrawn, so mary will be 26th for the moment ...
Not far ! One or two victories in Berlin could be ok !

The best would be to see Mary in Warsaw or smth like that, but only if she's ok !
It would perhaps be a good choice to miss the fed cup to play another tournament the week after ...

But i know that Mary will go in austria, even if she doesn't play, and i know that she won't play before berlin !

But i know and i assure you that she will reach quarters in French :cool:

MaryPierceFan
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
It might be good not to play Fed Cup and rest. I don't think that Mary should play 3 events before RG: Warsaw, Berlin and Rome. the last two are huge tournaments(draw 64). But missing Fed Cup will be definitely good. We'll see. I think that the injury isn't too serious. She could have withdrawn from the yesterday's match and she didn't do it, so. Do You know if she will be playing doubles tonight?

nouf
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:49 PM
hq picture de charleston of mary!

http://pagesperso.laposte.net/wtahq/showthread.php?p=61#post61

Declan
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Don't be too hard on Mary's 1st Fan, people. I think he/she is just really disappointed, as I'm sure most of us are. I was gutted last night, just couldn't believe it. I really thought this was Mary's week to make great strides in the rankings with a super run to the latter stages, and a probable move above the 24-30 ranking patch she seems to have been in for so long. But I'm calmer today, helped by the news that she really couldn't help it, judging by the reports of her injury. Lets face it, when Mary finally plays the last ball of her fantastic career, and we're sadly reviewing it on here, NO-ONE is going to remember or comment on a basically unimportant loss when injured to a no-name player in early 2005! We'll rightly be focussing on the years in the top Ten, the big score slaughters of top players, the Slam finals and wins, the Fed Cup victories..but NOT this!!

saby
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:01 AM

Mabye nervs?

I think Marys has a pretty good statistic, well she had before her injury in 2000, if I remember well, Mary had one of the best "tie break" statistic ever in tennis in the 1997, the journalist said it was incredible.

mamno_MARYFAN
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Oh well...its a shame that Mary lost...and very suprising loss too...a loss to a player of that calibre...:sad:

Oh well...I have accepted a long time ago that Mary was never a consistent player even during her heytime days and there's nothing we can do about it...so I'm not really bothered too much about this loss...

I do believe though that Mary can still beat anybody in the world rite now...its just that she can never do it consistently...so I'm still waiting for Mary to crack another big win since her win over Sharapova...perhaps at the French open this year then...:angel:

Maybe she was injured...I do hope Mary will take all the necessary precautions about it in order to prevent any more injuries...

Never mind Mary...rest well and good luck for ur next tournament...!!!:bounce:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!1:bounce: :bounce:

ashwu
Apr 16th, 2005, 05:00 AM
that's a bad lose... but definitely not the end of the world. keep it up mary! you can still do it! good luck in the doubles!