Ellery
Apr 13th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Go China!

ozfan44
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:13 PM
still no draw :mad:

gillibean
Apr 18th, 2005, 12:28 PM
i think its being drawn tonight in a ceremony thing..

Sabatinifan
Apr 18th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Group a
1 China
3 India
Singapore
Kazakhstan

group b
2 Australia
4 Korea
New Zealand
Chinese Taipei

Group II
Phillipines
Uzbekistan
Syria
Turkmenistan

Sabatinifan
Apr 18th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Friday
China v. India
Australia v. Korea

1A v. 1B Saturday,

unlike last year the top two teams from each year do not contest for two spots into WGII :confused:

Ellery
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Okay group for China, I guess

maxomax
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Grou B is more stronger!! New Zeleand Australia and Korea are strong team... better than India Singapore and Kazakhstan!

Ellery
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Grou B is more stronger!! New Zeleand Australia and Korea are strong team... better than India Singapore and Kazakhstan!

Yeah well, New Zealand and Chinese Taipei are certainly stronger than Kazakhstan and Singapore :)

Pengwin
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM
China should walk this ;)

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Amina Rakhim, Yekaterina Morozova and Madina Rakhim, will no doubt make up the Kazakhstan team, as they have not lost a match yet!

04:
Kazakhstan d. Turkmenistan 3-0
Kazakhstan d. Syria 3-0
Kazakhstan d. Turkmenistan 3-0
Kazakhstan d. Pacific-Oceania 3-0
Kazakhstan d. Singapore 3-0

:hearts:

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah well, New Zealand and Chinese Taipei are certainly stronger than Kazakhstan and Singapore :)

Kazakhstan should not be put in the same category as Singapore, as Kazakhstan beat Singapore in Qualifying last year 3-0, barely losing any games. I think Kazakhstan are the dark horses ;)

nitocris_tiger
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Friday
China v. India
Australia v. Korea

1A v. 1B Saturday,

unlike last year the top two teams from each year do not contest for two spots into WGII :confused:

That's right. Because of the new structure this year (WGI & WGII) there is only ONE team to qualify from each zonal group who will play the 4 1r losers in WGII in July. This being different to last year when TWO teams would qualify from zonal groups to play the 8 losers of the WG.

rated_next
Apr 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
The Marama sisters are back :) :)

Odd
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:53 AM
With no Mirza (i think), china should get through in poolA. Australia look the faves in the other pool.

Ellery
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Kazakhstan should not be put in the same category as Singapore, as Kazakhstan beat Singapore in Qualifying last year 3-0, barely losing any games. I think Kazakhstan are the dark horses ;)

You're right, Kazakhstan is quite a bit stronger than Singapore ;)

andrewC
Apr 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
if you look at the Chinese Taipei and Korean teams, none of their major players are playing, most are ranked 300 and under... Ye-Ra Lee is about the only name i recognise! Singapore has a good junior, Lee Wei Ping...
China to qualify, but hope singapore, korea and chinese taipei can get a few good wins as long as its not against china lol
:D

AUSBOY
Apr 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
The New Zealand Fed Cup team has been placed in a group with Australia, Korea and Chinese Taipei at the Asia/Oceania zone in New Delhi.

New Zealand will play Australia first up on Wednesday at 3.30pm local time (10pm New Zealand time).

The Australian team is comprised of Sam Stosur (No 52), Evie Dominikovic (109), Sophie Ferguson and Bryanne Stewart . The Australians are already picking themselves as winners of the group and planning their promotion back up to World Group II.

The New Zealand team will have Marina Erakovic with a world ranking of 421 at No 1 with the second singles set to be from Leanne Baker, Paula Marama or Eden Marama.

Temperatures in New Delhi have been around 35 degrees each day, however the Kiwi team is reported to be healthy and ready to play.

On Thursday they play Korea followed by a match against Chinese Taipei on Friday.

The other group in New Delhi comprises of China, India, Singapore and Kazakhstan.

New
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM

Yes... that's true... but that was the last tie... (if you check carefully)singapore did not play Lee Wei Ping in the singles, the only best player in the singles as Singapore had already qualified by winning 3 ties...

I'm not too sure if Lee can win though, but the scoreline might not be so lobsided...This is a terrible Fed Cup, the other two players are new and the hopes are all on Lee to win her singles and hope for a miracle in the doubles...

I would like to see Lee create and upset though the hope is little, she's small and only 15...most players in asia are not so powerful when they are 15 years old... heehee...

New
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
And for your information Lee won all her singles in last year's fed cup and did not get to play singles against Kazakhstan...

I'm not too sure how well she'll do this year really... she's a bit hot and cold... in fact before she won her fed cup matches last year... she virtually lost all her junior matches... so it was quite a surprise to see her win her matches...

New
Apr 19th, 2005, 02:24 PM
The odds are definitely against Singapore, but I wish with all my heart, they do their best and learn from this experience... Lee might never get to play with Li Na or Zheng ever again...

Go Singapore! :bounce:

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Even so, one Lee would struggle against the Rakhim sisters ;)

Sabatinifan
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Results from Asia/OCeania Group 2:

Uzbekistan defeated Philippines 3-0
Ivanna Israilova (UZB) d. Anja-Vanessa Peter (PHI) 46 62 75
Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB) d. Czarina-Mae Arevalo (PHI) 60 62
Akgul Amanmuradova/Dilyara Saidkhodjaeva (UZB) d. Czarina-Mae Arevalo/ Denise Dy (PHI) 64 64

Syria defeated Turkmenistan 2-1
Ummarahmat Alisultanova(TKM) d. Hazar Sidki (SYR) 62 62
Shaza Tinawi (SYR) d. Almira Hallyeva (TKM) 63 63
Hazar Sidki/Shaza Tinawi (SYR) d. Ummarahmat Alisultanova/Almira Hallyeva (TKM) 61 63

thanks to D.Kern for the information

New
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Even so, one Lee would struggle against the Rakhim sisters ;)

Yes... But I hope that she put on some fight and not lose like those reserve players... and lose 6-0, 6-1...etc

rated_next
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Ivanna and Akgul :)

Sabatinifan
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:07 AM
I don't think either Rakhim sister is playing this year.

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I don't think either Rakhim sister is playing this year.

Strange, i dont see how Kazakhstan will make a team then. Is Anastasia Solonko playing then?

Mana
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Go New Zealand!!!

waratahsrock
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:11 AM
If the above article is correct, Marina Erakovic (Go you good thing!) and the kiwi's should be about to play the aussies in a couple of hours.

anyone know of live scores for this?

Mana
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:30 AM
If the above article is correct, Marina Erakovic (Go you good thing!) and the kiwi's should be about to play the aussies in a couple of hours.

anyone know of live scores for this?

Oh my gosh! I've been looking everywhere for live scores, but I'm not having any luck! Go Marina and the team!

I'm going to keep looking, I'll let you know if I find
anything! Likewise if you find anything..!

Go the Girls!

waratahsrock
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Oh my gosh! I've been looking everywhere for live scores, but I'm not having any luck! Go Marina and the team!

I'm going to keep looking, I'll let you know if I find
anything! Likewise if you find anything..!

Go the Girls!

Will do mate!
Also another question, lets say, all going well Marina wins a few matches (hopefully!), will her WTA ranking improve?

ozfan44
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Will do mate!
Also another question, lets say, all going well Marina wins a few matches (hopefully!), will her WTA ranking improve?

i also can't find any live scores or updated pages

and no ranking points for fed cup so same ranking!

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Uzebekistan. :D

Although Ivana shouldn't have dropped that set. :o

Vamos New Zealand. :yeah:

waratahsrock
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:57 AM
i also can't find any live scores or updated pages

and no ranking points for fed cup so same ranking!

Thanks for that.
I've looked everywhere i could think of, but can't find anything thats gonna give live scores/updates.
Looks like we're just going to have to wait for a bulletin to come out with the results tomorow (NZ Time). :mad:

Mana
Apr 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM
I'm SOOO pissed off! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight! I've also had no luck!!! Lifes not fair! I'm going to tune into Radio Sport and see if they have anything to say about it. Oh well, night all...I hope to here from ya all in the morning when I read about NZ pulling off a huge upset!

Go the Girls!!!

ozfan44
Apr 20th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Hope to hear from a sad mana after nz are crushed 3-0 by the aussies :wavey:

ozfan44
Apr 20th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Uzbekistan has it easy against Philippines in a Group `II' match

Kamesh Srinivasan

— Photo: Rajeev Bhatt
http://www.hindu.com/2005/04/20/images/2005042008771901.jpg
EASY GOING: Ivanna Israilova gave a good start to Uzbekistan's campaign in the Fed Cup.

NEW DELHI: Akgul Amanmuradova served a warning to the rest of the teams in group `II' as she powered Uzbekistan past Philippines in the Fed Cup Asia-Oceania tennis tournament at the R. K. Khanna Stadium here on Tuesday.

The 19-year-old Akgul bulldozed her way past Czarina-Mae Arevalo 6-0, 6-2 in 45 minutes, firing 12 aces and many service winners on the way.

In contrast an erratic Ivanna Israilova battled for nearly two hours to tame Anja-Vanessa Peter 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 to put Uzbekistan ahead.

Akgul needed a mere 18 minutes to run away with the first set. Czarina, not a bad player, did not have the wherewithal to match the high quality play of the Uzbek who put the big serves in the corners and hardly put a foot wrong.

The Filipino won her first game when she held serve in the fourth game of the second set. She missed a breakpoint in the next game, but managed to hold serve for the second time in the sixth game.

It was not that easy to stay on court for long, as Akgul was firing on all cylinders and Czarina wound up the show with a doublefault.

In the first match, the 16-year-old Anja deserved credit for stretching Ivanna Israilova. The young Filipino started well and missed a breakpoint to go up 4-0, but the Uzbek slowly slipped into her rhythm to take a 4-3 lead.

It was here Anja showed her mettle as she took three games in a row in taking the set, as she broke the Uzbek in the eighth and tenth games.

The momentum did not carry the Filipino far as the Uzbek fought back and wrested the second set easily.

Into the decider, Israilova dropped serve while serving for the match at 5-4 following two doublefaults. However, she did not falter the second time in the 12th game.

The results:

Group `II': Uzbekistan bt Philippines 3-0 (Ivanna Israilova bt Anja-Vanessa Peter 4-6, 6-2, 7-5; Akgul Amanmuradova bt Czarina-Mae Arevalo 6-0, 6-2; Akgul Amanmuradova and Dilyara Saidkhodjaeva bt Czarina-Mae Arevalo and Denise Dy 6-4, 6-4). Syria bt Turkmenistan 2-1 (Hazar Sidki lost to Ummarahmat Alisultanova bt Hazar Sidki 2-6, 2-6; Shaza Tinawi bt Almira Halliyeva 6-3, 6-3; Shaza Tinawi and Hazar Sidki bt Almira Halliyeva and Ummarahmat Alisultanova 6-1, 6-3).

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Shouldn't the matches have finished by now? Any results? :confused:

gillibean
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:25 PM
hey its only been going for just under 3 hours now...don't know if there is only one court but it could still be going...guess we will wait til the news tomorrow morning?

Odd
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I just heard on the radio that evie dominikovic just beat leanne baker, but i dont know what by.

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Well done, Evie! (although that was sort of expected)

Sabatinifan
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Strange, i dont see how Kazakhstan will make a team then. Is Anastasia Solonko playing then?

team kazakhstan is

Mariya Kovaleva
Tatyana Ignatchenko
Ekaterina Morozova
Mr Valeriy Kovalyov (Captain)

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Uzbekistan :yeah: :) well done ;)

good luck Kazakhstan :)

Odd
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM
yeah evie won 6-2 6-3

AUSBOY
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM
A report from a poster on an Indian tennis board!

Ankitha won against Wei Ping , 15yr old, 6-1 7-5.

Ankita quickly raced to a 3-0 leading with Ping making UE's left, right and centre. After a couple of UE from Ankita and one backhand down the line service return winner from Ping, it became 15-40 on Ankita's serve. Then Ankita saved those BP's with two aces . Then it was one winner and one UE from Ping as she was going for early winners until Ankita finally double faulted facing break point. Then normal service resumed with Ping making errors and Ankita won the set 6-1 with Ping making a DF. She was leading 5-2 but messed it up a bit but finally finished it

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:07 PM
team kazakhstan is

Mariya Kovaleva
Tatyana Ignatchenko
Ekaterina Morozova
Mr Valeriy Kovalyov (Captain)

Doesn't look to be a very strong, Morozova is the only strong player there. Looks like they won't do as well as i had hoped :sad:

Alicia Rocks
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:09 PM
yay evie

New
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
A report from a poster on an Indian tennis board!

Ankitha won against Wei Ping , 15yr old, 6-1 7-5.

Ankita quickly raced to a 3-0 leading with Ping making UE's left, right and centre. After a couple of UE from Ankita and one backhand down the line service return winner from Ping, it became 15-40 on Ankita's serve. Then Ankita saved those BP's with two aces . Then it was one winner and one UE from Ping as she was going for early winners until Ankita finally double faulted facing break point. Then normal service resumed with Ping making errors and Ankita won the set 6-1 with Ping making a DF. She was leading 5-2 but messed it up a bit but finally finished it

Poor Wei Ping! I hope she wasn't too nervous that the whole nation's hopes are under her... :sad: Come on play better! :bounce:

AUSBOY
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Shikha d Cassandra 6-0 6-0

So India win 2-0

Chunchun
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
is China playing today???

any scores then???

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
is China playing today???

any scores then???

Yeah, I wanna know too! :D

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
China is playing Kazakhstan, I think

Uncle Jason
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Zheng has won 2-0,but i don't know who she beated

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Here is the China vs Kazakhstan results

China won 3-0!

Jie Zheng defeated Tatayana Ignatchenko 6-2 6-2
Na Li defeated Mariya Kovaleva 6-0, 6-1
Ting Li/Tiantian Sun defeated Mariya Kovaleva/Ekaterina Morozova 6-1, 6-2

Well done, team China! :bounce: :D :worship: :kiss:

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
In 3 matches, the Kazakhs barely won a total of 8 games!

pav
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Just heard on the news N.Z. lost 3-0 :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Australia defeated New Zealand 3-0

Evie Dominikovic defeated Leanne Baker 6-2, 6-3
Samantha Stosur defeated Marina Erakovic 6-4, 6-4 (good fight, Marina!)
Dominikovic/Stewart defeated Baker/Marama 6-7 (7-9), 6-1, 6-4

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM
South Korea defeated Taiwan 3-0 (but I don't know the exact scorelines, the article doesn't specify)

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,15037668%255E23216,00.html

Mana
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:44 PM
I just found out on the radio that Stosur def. Erakovic 6-4 6-4
Thas not a bad result for Marina, a close 2 set loss to a good player.

I'm pritty gutted overall tho, a 0-3 loss is not the way I'm sure they would have wanted to start. But you have to take the good out of the bad and once again Marina was the shining light!

Can anyone tell me how the doubles went? I know we lost but what was the sore?!

Good luck tonight against Korea, but this one should be easy!

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I just found out on the radio that Stosur def. Erakovic 6-4 6-4
Thas not a bad result for Marina, a close 2 set loss to a good player.

I'm pritty gutted overall tho, a 0-3 loss is not the way I'm sure they would have wanted to start. But you have to take the good out of the bad and once again Marina was the shining light!

Can anyone tell me how the doubles went? I know we lost but what was the sore?!

Good luck tonight against Korea, but this one should be easy!

Dominikovic/Stewart defeated Baker/Marama 6-7 (7-9), 6-1, 6-4 (see my previour post)

Mana
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:52 PM
agatha_christie you rock!

Ellery
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:23 PM
agatha_christie you rock!

Thank you, I am really flattered! ;) :D :wavey:

Anyways, Marama and Baker did a really good job. I am sad they didn't win though :sad: :sad:

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:41 PM
In 3 matches, the Kazakhs barely won a total of 8 games!

:haha: look who they have playing. I swear even East Timor could beat this Kazak side :(

martinafan
Apr 20th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Australia :D

Keep it up and qualify girls! :D

Was suprised to see Dominikovic/Stewart and not Stosur/Stewart though!

gillibean
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:02 AM
yay aussie- article on tennis australia website, they play chinese taipei today and soph fergo is playing singles!!!

pcrtennis
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM
Go Korea!

ex hopman
Apr 21st, 2005, 02:52 AM
Go Korean team!!

Aww, but next time, Taiwan team!!

nitocris_tiger
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:15 AM
Was suprised to see Dominikovic/Stewart and not Stosur/Stewart though!
It was a dead rubber and we want to rest Sam for China on Sat.

broncosven
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:36 AM
Well Done Aussie !!!

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:42 AM
well done aussies but would have liked to have seen sophie play the dubz with bryanne and give evie a bit of a rest!

AUSBOY
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:59 AM
well done aussies but would have liked to have seen sophie play the dubz with bryanne and give evie a bit of a rest!

Sophie cant volley for s**t! If she had played the doubles we would have lost!!

I think the right decision was made!

Sophie is getting a run today in the singles with Stosur I believe!

gillibean
Apr 21st, 2005, 05:07 AM
yeah stosur and fergo are our two singles - my guess the doubles would be evie and bryanne...who do u reckon they will use against korea?

New
Apr 21st, 2005, 05:17 AM
Here is the China vs Kazakhstan results

China won 3-0!

Well done, team China! :bounce: :D :worship: :kiss:

Goodness! I hope Lee wins some games against the Chinese players!

New
Apr 21st, 2005, 05:21 AM
Sports ; India whitewash Singapore 3-0 in Fed Cup (NIGHT LEAD):
11 Hours,46 minutes Ago

[Sports News] New Delhi,It was a dream debut for Shikha Uberoi as she guided India to a clean sweep in its opening encounter against Singapore, beating them 3-0 in the Asia/Oceania Group I clash of the Fed Cup here Wednesday.

"I never really thought this would happen, but it is like a fantasy that happened. It was a nice draw but the competition was tough," Uberoi told IANS after the comprehensive victories.

India began the day with a 6-1, 7-5 win achieved by Ankita Bhambri over Wei Ping Lee.

This set the tone for Shikha's assault as she overpowered Yun-Ling Cassandra 6-0, 6-0 in just 39 minutes to put India in an unbeatable position.

She then came back with Rushmi Chakravarthi to beat the pairing of Yun-Ling and Shao Fang Ong 6-1, 6-1 in another one-sided encounter that lasted all of 38 minutes.

"It was a very easy outing, quite one-sided but there was good commitment shown by the girls. We were working on some things with their game and that fell in place today," said non-playing captain Enrico Piperno.

In the first match, Ankita raced away with the first set before her opponent Wei Ping got into her groove. The 15-year-old Singaporean girl unleashed a powerful array of shots but committed too many unforced errors to give away the match.

Shikha had no problems in disposing of her opponent Yun-Ling, even though she struggled with her serve, committing seven double faults. She was in complete control of the match from the word go, even as her 16-year-old opponent found no answers to Shikha's power and placement.

In the final encounter, which was a doubles match, the Indian girls were quick off the blocks, winning 19 points in a row before their opponents even made their presence felt.

They took 14 minutes to polish off the first set, and followed this up with a similar result in the second set, as the Indian duo dominated proceedings from the net.

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 05:59 AM
Sophie cant volley for s**t! If she had played the doubles we would have lost!!

I think the right decision was made!

Sophie is getting a run today in the singles with Stosur I believe!

yer just thought maybe since tie was won that they could give her a hit in the doubles so maybe she wouldnt be so nervous tonight!

good that shes getting a game!

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:07 AM
Full Day One Results

Group A:

China defeated Kazakhstan 3-0

India defeated Singapore 3-0

Ankita Bhrambi defeated Wei-Ping Lee 6-1 7-5
Shikha Uberoi defeated Yun-Ling Cassandra 6-0 6-0
Chakravarthi/Uberoi defeated Yun-Ling/Shao 6-1 6-1

Group B:

Australia defeated New Zealand 3-0

Evie Dominikovic defeated Leanne Baker 6-2, 6-3
Samantha Stosur defeated Marina Erakovic 6-4, 6-4
Dominikovic/Stewart defeated Baker/Marama 6-7 (7-9), 6-1, 6-4

South Korea defeated Taipei 3-0

Jin-Hee Kim defeated Yi Chen
Ye-Ra Lee defeated Hsiao-Han Chao
Kim/Chang defeated Chen/Wang

waratahsrock
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:25 AM
Hard luck NZ, i'm proud of Marina Erakovic though, good effort!
Anyways, good luck to Sophie Ferguson tonight - i hope she does well. when i met her at the aus open, she was very friendly, and a great person!

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:37 AM
New Zealand :sad:

Nice fight though Marina. :D

andrewC
Apr 21st, 2005, 09:20 AM
China's looking good :banana:
Without Mirza, I think China can beat India. Actually, even with Mirza, Li Na would take her out hehe :devil:
If it comes to China vs Australia in the play offs for World Group II, I really wish Sun Tian Tian can get revenge on Sam Stosur for beating her twice in successive tournaments! good luck!

Sabatinifan
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:55 PM
Is stosur playing the dbs as well? Unless Na or Zheng were injured TT wouldn't play singles i imagine.

AUSBOY
Apr 21st, 2005, 02:06 PM
India up 2-0

Rushmi won 6-1 6-0
Shikha won 6-0 6-4

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM
hey ausboy where ya get the scores?

anything for aussies yet?

Chunchun
Apr 21st, 2005, 03:35 PM
India up 2-0

Rushmi won 6-1 6-0
Shikha won 6-0 6-4

where do u get the scores?

any scores of China vs. Singapore??

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 03:44 PM
i can't find anything other than

Uberoi/Ankhita won 6-4 6-4 top give india a 3-0 win over kazakhstan

will keep searching everywhere possible to try find something

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:02 PM
trying to get scores for this is just like getting scores for qualies at aussie wta events and usta events! :fiery:

ozfan44
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:24 PM
sorry guys its 11:30pm here im going to bed nowlong day tomorrow hope someone can find scores for ya all

Chunchun
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:38 PM
sorry guys its 11:30pm here im going to bed nowlong day tomorrow hope someone can find scores for ya all

same time here but i m not gonna bed anyway :p :wavey:

lin
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM
Day 2 Results

China, P.R. defeated Singapore 3-0 in India
R1 - J.ZHENG (CHN) def. W.LEE (SIN) 6-1 6-1
R2 - N.LI (CHN) def. S.ONG (SIN) 6-0 6-0
R3 - T.LI / T.SUN (CHN) def. W.LEE / Y.NG (SIN) 6-0 6-1

India defeated Kazakhstan 3-0 in India
R1 - R.CHAKRAVARTHI (IND) def. Y.MOROZOVA (KAZ) 6-0 6-1
R2 - S.UBEROI (IND) def. M.KOVALEVA (KAZ) 6-0 6-4
R3 - A.BHAMBRI / S.UBEROI (IND) def. M.KOVALEVA / Y.MOROZOVA (KAZ) 6-4 6-4

Australia defeated Chinese Taipei 3-0 in India
R1 - S.FERGUSON (AUS) def. H.CHAO (TPE) 6-1 6-2
R2 - S.STOSUR (AUS) def. Y.CHEN (TPE) 6-0 6-2
R3 - B.STEWART / S.STOSUR (AUS) def. Y.LU / T.WANG (TPE) 6-1 6-3

Korea, Rep. defeated New Zealand 2-1 in India
R1 - Y.LEE (KOR) def. L.BAKER (NZL) 6-4 3-6 6-4
R2 - M.ERAKOVIC (NZL) def. J.KIM (KOR) 6-1 6-4
R3 - K.CHANG / J.KIM (KOR) def. E.MARAMA / P.MARAMA (NZL) 2-6 6-3 7-5

Harju.
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Ye-Ra :woohoo: :yeah:. Good luck against the OZ.

India and China :bounce:

Singapore :tape:

Uncle Jason
Apr 21st, 2005, 07:00 PM
Na Li is likely to be absent on Saturday due to the visa problem:(,so TT Sun will replace her.

Good luck China……

pierce0415
Apr 21st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Na Li is likely to be absent on Saturday due to the visa problem:(,so TT Sun will replace her.

Good luck China……

:mad: What Visa problem? :mad: Will she still be able to play in Estoril?

Uncle Jason
Apr 21st, 2005, 07:20 PM
:mad: What Visa problem? :mad: Will she still be able to play in Estoril?

yes,she will be in Estoril

But her visa can't allow her to stay in India till Saturday,so she must leave after Friday :sad:

Mana
Apr 21st, 2005, 09:17 PM
New Zealand?!? What is up with this? Leanne, good fight from you but P & E, you should have won the doubles!

Once again Marina was outstanding for us...

Hayato
Apr 21st, 2005, 09:44 PM
India defeated Kazakhstan 3-0 in India
R1 - R.CHAKRAVARTHI (IND) def. Y.MOROZOVA (KAZ) 6-0 6-1
R2 - S.UBEROI (IND) def. M.KOVALEVA (KAZ) 6-0 6-4
R3 - A.BHAMBRI / S.UBEROI (IND) def. M.KOVALEVA / Y.MOROZOVA (KAZ) 6-4 6-4

Very good fight from Kazakhstan today, particularly in doubles ;) :yeah:

pcrtennis
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:13 PM
Go Korea!

Ellery
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:37 PM

Good luck China……

Oh my gosh! This is :tape: If Na is out, because of this stupid Visa story, then China may actually lose the tie against Australia, because although Tiantian is a good player, I am afraid she is not very consistent. :tape: :mad: :fiery: :help: :scared: :hysteric:

You HAVE to win your singles match, Tiantian!

AUSBOY
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:30 PM
Well done Aussies!

NZ must be spewin that they didnt put Leanne in doubles now!

broncosven
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah quite a weird decision i would of put one of the marana sisters in singles ??

martinafan
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:56 PM
Congrats Australia and well done Sophie! Nice fed cup Debut! :D

gillibean
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
hip hip hooray

the jamierbelyea
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:07 AM
Oh my gosh! This is :tape: If Na is out, because of this stupid Visa story, then China may actually lose the tie against Australia, because although Tiantian is a good player, I am afraid she is not very consistent. :tape: :mad: :fiery: :help: :scared: :hysteric:

You HAVE to win your singles match, Tiantian!

If China and Australia both win their groups they won't play each other for the play off as far as I understand. Winner of Group A will play the runner up of Group B, and vice versa. I think China will likely play against Korea.

gillibean
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:42 AM
no thats so not right....aus v china in the playoff mate.

andrewC
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:47 AM
Tian Tian could end up facing stosur after all... hehe hope she gets revenge, very close matches in the middle east between the two! :banana: go tian2!

tennisrox
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:59 AM
Good going China India Australia And Korea!
Will Li Na play for China against India??China are looking good.Without Mirza I don't think India have much of a chance.With her,I would've given them a fair chance.She was thrashing Jheng in the Hyderabad open before she hurt her problem ankle(again!),but beat her anyway.I even think she couldv'e taken Li,as the last time they met,a year ago she took her to 3 sets,before her coaching stint with Bob Brett when she was nowhere near the player she is today.Li always has a problem with power-players.However, she has been out of action for a month now,so i'm not sure she could've done much with that amount of rust.

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:11 AM
Good job, Australia! :banana: Take Korea down today! :rocker2:

Sabatinifan
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:20 AM
If China and Australia both win their groups they won't play each other for the play off as far as I understand. Winner of Group A will play the runner up of Group B, and vice versa. I think China will likely play against Korea.

it has changed for this year unfortunately, the winners of each group play each other for the WGII position the 2nd place finishers in each group play each other for 3rd place, the bottom 2 teams square off to decide which two teams go into relegation.

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:26 AM

Good luck China……

Great News for us aussies! though stosur would have beaten her anywayz :p

wubenzhimu
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:02 AM
so , wait and see,

it will be a wanderful match for both china and austrilia

gillibean
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:05 AM
question - who do u all reckon aus will use against korea? my guess - singles - evie and sam and doubles -stewart/stosur or stewart/dominikovic. soph will get a rest..?

nitocris_tiger
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:34 AM
But her visa can't allow her to stay in India till Saturday,so she must leave after Friday :sad:
hahaha.. what a stuff up! :lol:
Geez, what a great opportunity for us now! Go Aussie!

waratahsrock
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:16 AM
New Zealand?!? What is up with this? Leanne, good fight from you but P & E, you should have won the doubles!

Once again Marina was outstanding for us...

Yea, pretty dissappointing from NZ so far, now we're fighting to avoid the wooden spoon! :o

Great stuff Marina Erakovic :worship: , she really does have the talent and potential to go a long way and have a bright future in tennis.

also congrats to Sophie Ferguson, impressive win :D

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:08 AM
Can't believe Baker did not play dubs with eden :fiery:

C'mon aussies!

martinafan
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM
anyone know what time the matches start? how long till australia plays?

gillibean
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
do u know if there will be live scores anywhere? how do we get results aside from waiting till tomorrow morning?

AUSBOY
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:47 PM
fed cup update

Rushmi vs Jie zheng

First singles

Zheng wins the match 6-3, 6-0 in 55 mins.

China up 1-0

gillibean
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
cool - how do u get these updates - also do china play india at the same time aust plays korea like on diff. courts?

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
only place i can find updates:

http://www.sports-india.com/viewtopic.php?t=212007

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Na Li def Shikha Uberoi 6-1 6-2 :bigcry:

China 2-0 India :fiery:

martinafan
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Good Luck to Australia later!

Any idea when they play?

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Australia leads Korea 2-0

Evie Dominikovic def Ye-Ra Lee
Sam Stosur def Jin-Hee Kim

martinafan
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
thanks for the result! (and the sms) ozfan! :D

i wonder who they'll put in the doubles now?...maybe sophie seeing we'll finish top of the group anyway? and to rest both evie and sam. or maybe they won't play the doubles at all????

anyhow, congrats aussies and good luck tomorrow! would be nice for you to win so we can hopefully get back to the world group later this year!

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks, ozfan! :D

Chunchun
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Na Li def Shikha Uberoi 6-1 6-2 :bigcry:

China 2-0 India :fiery:

OMG :banana: :banana: Well done my girls!

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:28 PM
thanks for the result! (and the sms) ozfan! :D

i wonder who they'll put in the doubles now?...maybe sophie seeing we'll finish top of the group anyway? and to rest both evie and sam. or maybe they won't play the doubles at all????

anyhow, congrats aussies and good luck tomorrow! would be nice for you to win so we can hopefully get back to the world group later this year!

hope sophie and bryanne get a game

ozfan44
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:33 PM
China defeated India 3-0 :bigcry:

Ting Li/Tian Tian Sun def Ankita Bhambri/Rushmi Chakravarthi 6-2 6-3 :sad:

Ellery
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Well done, China!

Chunchun
Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
China defeated India 3-0 :bigcry:

Ting Li/Tian Tian Sun def Ankita Bhambri/Rushmi Chakravarthi 6-2 6-3 :sad:

:banana: :yeah:

ex hopman
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
Korean and Indian Team, better luck next time!!! :sad: but Aussies :) good luck

andrewC
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:22 AM
woohoo go China! complete whitewash over the competition! 3 3-0 victories :yeah:

Now carry on the good form in the play off, hope you get into World Group II! :banana:

Unlucky Lee Ye-Ra :(

New
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:39 AM
Kazakhstan defeated Singapore 2-1
Wei Ping Lee (SIN) d. Tatyana Ignatchenko (KAZ) 26 63 64
Mariya Kovaleva (KAZ) d. Shao Fang Ong (SIN) 62 64
Mariya Kovaleva/Ekaterina Morozova (KAZ) d. Wei Ping Lee/Yun-Ling Ng (SIN) 62 60

Well done Lee!!! :)

andrewC
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:42 AM
Lee Wei Ping :yeah: :banana:

New
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:03 AM
Lee Wei Ping :yeah: :banana:

Thanks!! :) I'm really happy for her, cos I know she has the potential, but lack the coaching and chances needed to move that level up higher!

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:10 AM
Australia defeated Korea 2-1

Evie Dominikovic def Ye-Ra Lee 6-0 3-6 6-4
Sam Stosur def Jin-Hee Kim 6-3 7-5 (was down 4-2 in second!)
Sophie Ferguson/Bryanne Stewart lt Kyung-Mi Chang/Jin-A Lee 5-7 6-7(4) (Aussies served for both sets grrr - Sophie usually plays forehand but was asked to play backhand coz forehand is bryanne's side!:p )

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:45 AM
Sophie usually shit at doubles :lol:

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:05 AM
Yer she doesn't play enough! she needs too it would make her play better doubles! hope she and dani d team up in coming asian challengers!

Go aussies

is it confirmed yet is na li in or out of final!

waratahsrock
Apr 23rd, 2005, 06:19 AM
NZ Win In New Delhi
http://xtramsn.co.nz/homepage2/imageView/0,,4218751,00.jpeg
View larger image
(http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,12088-4218751,00.html)
Marina Erakovic
©Fotopress / Sandra Teddy

23/04/2005
NewstalkZB
New Zealand has scored its first win at the Fed Cup tennis tie in New Delhi.

The Kiwi women have thumped Chinese Taipei 3-nil in their third match of the Asia-Oceania group one tie.

All three matches were won in straight sets: Paula Marama winning 6-3, 6-2, Marina Erakovic 6-2, 6-3 with doubles duo Leanne Baker and Eden Marama winning 6-love, 6-4.

New Zealand plays Singapore tomorrow.

Go Marina, hopefully she finishes off a good few days against Singapore!

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Any news? :o

Indian
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Tian Sun bt Evie Dominokovic 6-3 7-5 in the first singles

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
Close match! :eek: Samantha, you better win! :scared:

nitocris_tiger
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Is Sam playing Jie Zheng? :confused: (It's so hard to get any info about this week! :rolleyes: )

Ellery
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Tiantian :worship: :bounce: :woohoo:

Uncle Jason
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
Come ON!!Girls

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
I'm nervous now! :o

AnDyDog621
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Cmon' Jie!!!

tucker1989
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Go China!!!

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Is Sam playing Jie Zheng? :confused: (It's so hard to get any info about this week! :rolleyes: )
Yes, that's because Na Li can't make it today as she has visa problems that she supposed to leave India yesturday.

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Well? :scared:

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evie :help:

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
South Korea 1-1 India

Ye-Ra Lee defeated Ankita Bhambri 6-1 6-3
Jin Hee Kim lost to Shikha Uberoi 3-6 1-6

Indian
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Zheng d Stosur 6-3 6-4

Uncle Jason
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:36 PM
YEAH~~~~~

well done!!

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
NOOOOOOOO!! :bigcry:

Uncle Jason
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:39 PM
thank you for the scores.Indian

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Congrats China :) Aus :(

ozfan44
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:43 PM
Australia :help:

Get rid off the old fart who has never b4 taken an interest in fed cup and get nicole bradtke so alicia and nicole will play for us!

sam that was crap but evie even worse :fiery:

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:13 PM
Australia :help:

Get rid off the old fart who has never b4 taken an interest in fed cup and get nicole bradtke so alicia and nicole will play for us!

sam that was crap but evie even worse :fiery:
I bet John Alexander doesn't know that China have 2 players from Top 100 :rolleyes: He always say that Australia confident will win 3-0 :lol:

Ellery
Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
China :bounce: :worship: :D :hearts:

wubenzhimu
Apr 23rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
wanderful!

go ,china

waratahsrock
Apr 24th, 2005, 12:56 AM
The New Zealand Fed Cup tennis team have finished the Asia/Oceania Zone Group I tournament in New Delhi with an easy two-nil victory over Singapore.

The victory keeps New Zealand in Group I and effectively places them as the fifth equal team out of eight in the Group.

Paula Marama played well to beat Singapore No 2 Shao Fang Ong 6-1, 6-0 and Marina Erakovic followed up at No 1 maintaining her high standards to win 6-0, 6-0 against Yun-Li Ng. :worship:

New Zealand non-playing captain, Pavlina Nola was pleased with her charges performances even though the matches were in fact thrashings.

"It's often harder to maintain your standards when playing easier matches but both Marina and Paula played good tennis in challenging circumstances," said Nola.

For Erakovic her win meant she finishes the tournament with a three win, one loss record in singles at No 1. The only match she lost was against Samantha Stosur of Australia who is ranked at 55 in the world.

Eden and Paula Marama now return to Europe for tournaments while Erakovic is set to play in a challenger in Asia and Leanne Baker will return to challenger or WTA level events.

Hayato
Apr 24th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Anyone know if Kazakhstan played today?

wubenzhimu
Apr 24th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Anyone know if Kazakhstan played today?

Kazakhstan 0:2 out reo