PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

maccardel
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:21 PM
How many offensive gestures are we gonna keep putting up with from Capriati?

She flipped Serena the bird several times and was cursing under her breath...Now we see how she beat Serena at Wimbledon and Roland Garros....she intimidated Serena...thank God Venus taught her how to battle those nerves against a deteriating player....

Kart
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:28 PM
LOL :) - I don't remember Serena saying "Jennifer scared me into defeat" after her defeats In Paris and London last year.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could intimidate Serena on the court.

As for JenCap, I credit her for being herself and playing her game.

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry were you there in Miami and saw all these "gestures". You must be famous.......... How absurd! These things never happened or else it would have been broadcast considering their every move in the final was taped, and a deterioating player, who Serena or Venus who in her semi-fianl loss to her sister barely showed up for the match............. Come on you can do better:cool:

Mark43
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:34 PM
Yes when I was in the audience in Miami Jennifer kept flipping me the bird too. She said I was clapping too loud. Her eagle eyes could even spot me in the nosebleeds and then that damn bird would not stop flipping. That Jennifer, I tell ya!

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:38 PM
I* hear that Capriati will be forced to be gagged and have her middle fingers taped down whenever she competes from this point on. Yes, incredible. Maybe next she will be blindfolded and wear earplugs. That is to ensure no one is abused or harsh behavior is allowed from her.

Ms. Lively
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:47 PM
No wonder the match was shown tape delayed in the US. The network had to edit out the obscene gestures and languages.

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:48 PM
you people, unbelievable......................

Rocketta
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Ms. Lively
No wonder the match was shown tape delayed in the US. The network had to edit out the obscene gestures and languages.

LOL :wavey:

Celeste
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:51 PM
Players who use the bird during a match become instant favorites of mine. Remember at Chase about 8 years ago, Conchita was playing Iva, got a bad call, and then on the change-over, Conchita flipped the bird to the umpire. The umpire caught it, but Conchita defended on some lame ground that she was simply straightening her head band. I think Conchita got a warning.

I think it's a good thing, the bird! :D

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Rocketta

LOL :wavey:

woo hoo too bad CBS did a good job at even showing the match. Haters............................................ .................................................

v/r Paigery

maccardel
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:39 PM
Paigery--R u like totally bored and lonely that You are following me around in every forum?

JenSin is not good for the system and when it's trying to get into ur system u need a steady dose Serenus to get rid of it...

She flipped Serena the bird in the second set...I'll watch the tape later to let u know exactly what game it was....

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:14 AM
"She flipped Serena the bird in the second set...I'll watch the tape later to let u know exactly what game it was...."

Yes folks, as Maccardel clearly, and intelligently :rolleyes: explained in his other hate thread about Jenn - she flipped the bird at Serena - by pointing her middle finger towards the ground.

YOu see Maccardel and his so called Freinds, used to do this back in the day in Brooklyn apparently. THey would point thier finger at the ground as a show of rebellion towards their foes.

Now Jenn, is brilliant - for she picked up thie form of cursing and disrespect while growing up on the other side of the country, and continues to use it as a 26 year old women.

I must be the first to say, that I impressed with Jenn ability to pick up slang that is being used thousands of miles away, between Maccardel and his "freinds".

Bravo Jenn.

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:16 AM
Lol you hit it on the head as usual Becca.....but gotta love maccardel for the usual paranoia is spreads around here.....I just love how people love to talk about people they hate......

maccardel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:25 AM
Watevah Becca!!!!

Obviously you don't have avything important to add to the thread so you resort to scarcasm...

That is so Tired!!!!

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:33 AM
Jakeev - it is quite funny isn't it?

Maccardel - I wouldn't feel the need to respond with sarcasm, if your thread made any sense. If oyu posted clear facts of what Jenn did, I couldn't deny she did it. Instead, you are speculating that Jenn pointing at the ground was really intended for Serena.

For starters - thats a rather bold assumption.
For seconds - Serena won anyways, so what the hell are you whining about ?

What is tired, is threads like this that bash a player for something they apparently did, without being able to prove they did it.
If I see a clip of Jenn giving another player the finger, I will comment on her actions. Intill then this is total BS>

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:39 AM
You rock Becca for hitting maccardel on the head.....AGAIN...

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:43 AM
Thanks Jakeev :) I try my best.

Once again, there is nothing wrong with saying you dont like how Jenn acts on court. There are many posters that can do this without lying, or being vicious.

Then there are ones like Maccardel who make bold assumptions, and use the "its just my opinion defense".

I am yet to say Jenn doesn't swear or get agressive on court - I'm not blind, nor in denial.

But seriously - how the hell does pointing your finger at the groud translate into flipping the bird?

maccardel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:48 AM
I'll attach a still pic of the "bird"...it's on my comp(tv tuner card) at home..

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:49 AM
You are right again Becca. I mean I thought Jennifer needed to pipe it when she was complaining about Monica's grunting last year.

But she is an exciting player and it's the fact she wears her emotions on her sleeve that make me love her as a player.

But what is surprising is I hear very few negative things from other players about JenCap but yet so many folks around here nee to bash her at every turn.....

Martian KC
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:51 AM
LMAO! This is too funny! Nicely said, Becca!;)

Volcana
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:16 AM
Y'know, for all the complaining about it, You'd think Jenn did something objectionable to win the match. She LOST. Who cares if she's flippin' off people and swearing? Serena got the big bowl. If Jenn's behaviour while she's playing Venus or Serena bothers you, remember, she's never beaten Venus, and has lost the last 3 straight to Serena. As competitive as Jennifer is, what more fitting punishment could one concoct than having her lose to one of the two players she seems most intimidated by? (You don't curse or flip off people who you feel confident around.) OTHO, if you DON'T object to Jenn's behaviour, there's no problem.

Seems to me this is a win-win.