PDA

View Full Version : Just curious folks!!

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:16 PM
How do you feel when people come into your fav's fan thread and post something unflattering or negative about your fav. Whether it's true or not, I think if you can't say something civil about who the fan thread is about, shouldn't you post your negativity elsewhere?

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:24 PM
Never happened to me before...

Kart
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:40 PM
Well to quote a poster whom I have a decent amount of respect for: 'what goes around comes around' - often it's just fans trying to wind others up, but if the unflattering remarks are true you can't restrict people from giving their opinion - no matter how much I'd sometimes like to.

It happens in all fan threads and while I agree that fan threads are for cheering your faves, I also accept that this is a public message board with members of different motives, beliefs and ages so it's just something to either ignore, accept or rebuke :).

Jay
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:44 PM
I think it sucks to say anything derogatory about ANY of the players in ANY forum.

Sure if someone like Anna K has a poor second service then and someone makes a remark about it then fair enough, but it's not that kind of constructive criticism that I'm refering to and I suspect neither are you Deira.

I'm talking about the bollocks that is posted on this board by certain groups of fans going out of their way to make trouble with another group of fans. They're all equally guilty.

I respect all the players, they're all professionals who work very hard and spend hours and hours on the practice courts to try to get as high as they can up that rankings ladder. If a former great player is not quite the force she was that's no reason to dis-respect her, it happen's to ALL great players sooner or later.

If the Williams Sisters themselves were to read some of the toilet that is posted by a certain section of their fans on this board they would be ashamed to have them as their fans.

This also applies to a certain section of Hingis and Seles and Capriatti fans.

You all know who you are.

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:27 AM
Well I agree with both Deira and Kart.....Player's forums are for positive feedback about the players we love to cheer about.....

HOWEVER, when we use those forums to bash players we don't like or care about well......sorry folks but we set ourselves up for party crashers......

Bright Red
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:33 AM
I don't let it get to me. There are a lot of people who have nothing better to do than to seek attention, and that's one of the best ways to get it.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:38 AM
I would never go into a FAN thread and insult another player.
I wouldn't insult another player period. COnstructive critism is one thing, but insulting someone as a person is just plain silly.

Fan threads are just that - for fans. Now sometimes I'll read a thread ow two about players I don't pay much attention too, because I want to learn about them, and learn what it is their fans like about them.

But a lot of these threads are littered with stupid remarks like "Hingis will cream Serena cause Serena can't play real tennis" OR "Jenn is a fat bitch" OR "Seles will get creamed on clay, and can't match players of today" - in which case I think a poster has ever right to post the facts, or point out how hypocritical it is to do that.

WhaT goes around comes around.

But it would be nice if people just didn't write nasty things to begin with.

Jakeev
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:57 AM
Well said Becca.....Keep the players forums positive and not a sounding board for bashing.......like I said it only invites party crashers.

Dawn Marie
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:12 AM
Agree with Becca and Deira:)

You just don't cross that line. We all got one thing in common on the boards and that is,we wish for negativity to stay out of our fans threads. I mean we know that what comes around goes around so why make all the fans thread negative?

Deira right now I don't care what anyone writes because I am happy with what my favorites are doing in tennis. Still waiting on Chanda to bounce back though, which I know she will, she is a strong women.:)