PDA

View Full Version : I must question the Oath of Allegiance by Hantuchova fans

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:17 PM
Just how long have each of you liked Daniela?

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:22 PM
Personally, I don't know if I like Daniela yet, but I definitely like her style of play. I first noticed her in a match with my girl Venus. Even though she lost I could see she had a lot of potential. I'll hold off on "the Oath of Allegiance" bit until I see more of her.

Tratree
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:35 PM
I saw her name a lot last year, but only saw her play on TV first at the AO against Venus. I liked her style a lot, so I went to her first match at Indian Wells and was blown away by her game. I saw all of her matches (singles and doubles) at IW as well as seeing her around the grounds and was really impressed by her attitude and demeanor. That's why I support her :)

maccardel
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:43 PM
I am still skeptical about her and where she is coming from.

Her mouth has not opened yet as far as I'm concerned because I made the error of falling quickly for Elena D. til she exposed her stupidity at Indian Wells 2000 with her little comment.

So far I will say that I'm impressed with her but will still hold off judgement for after the Usopen...but then her arival would have been announced and she would have been used to the pressure of being a top player.....then I will know.

TSequoia01
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:53 PM
The first time I saw her play was at IW versus Gagliardi. Great match! It was there that I noticed her game favored one of my favorites Venus Williams. I spoke with some friends and they agreed her game resembled the best player in the world. Her match with Hingis only reinforced her Venus like attributes. Ever since then I have been anxious to see her play again. Daniela's early exit at KB has me searching the draws of tournies hoping she is playing. I hope its soon. Let's hear it for Daniela "lil v" Hantuchova!!!!!

Hi Venus :wavey:

Hi Serena :wavey:

Irish
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:59 PM
Like Tratee, I heard her name a lot during tournaments last year and especially in the Fall when she beat Babsi. First time I got to see her play was at AO in singles and doubles and was very impressed with her skill and strategy. I will wish her well and can't wait to see her play in Amelia in a few days.:D

Martian Martin
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:04 PM
I've been a fan for a while now, I first saw Daniela in Rome last year playing an Italian player, could have been Serra Zanetti. Then I saw her in the flesh at Wimbledon, but became a real fan in her match against Jennifer at the Canadian Open last year when she was a set and 4-1 or something up, right from that match I was a huge fan and could see that she was a huge talent in the game. Since then it's been fantastic to see her rising in the rankings and the progress she's made :)

aura of daniela
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:45 PM
I discovered the Gem named Daniela at a Practise Session on the first Tuesday of the Australian Open this year.
Actually, I saw her walking with her coach to an outside court, and I was automatically drawn to her.
I watched the entire 2 hour session and fell in love.
It was her attitude on court that got me...it was shy yet confident.
There were only like 5-6 people watching her so I enjoyed a very private session, and often she'd look over and had this smile on her face all embarrassed as if to say "I can't believe your sitting there watch me train when you could be watching a match somewhere".
It was true, I knew she was special to me when I gave up a chance at seeing my favourite men's player, Carlos Moya play, who was on at the same time.
I went on to see her play 1 singles match and 4 Doubles matches live during to Open plus the matches on TV and have followed her ever since.

There is no doubt that I found out about Daniela by pure luck and perhap fate. I didn't know anything about her, didn't know her name, didn't know she was seeded, didn't know anything about her passed results, I came in fresh....and I think that was the best way for me, I had no pre-conceived expectation about her at all, and that was nice.

I was so happy to see Daniela win Indian Wells after following her for a few months and will keep on supporting her in my biased and non-biased ways until the end.

I admit that there are people out there that have know Daniela much longer than I have, but I doubt she has a bigger fan than me.

I adore my Angel...:angel:
And there is no question of my loyalities to her.
I love her as a player and a person, so if she succeeds this year or if it takes longer, I'll be here cheering her on.
Thats the only way I support players. I don't base it on there results. I have supported Carlos Moya since he appeared at the 97 Australian Open, and he has won the French in 98, but not much since, but he is still my favourite men's player and will be until he finishes.

The best of Luck to Daniela and Carlos during this tough Clay court season.

3.30pm on January 15th, 2002.....the moment my best ever discovery was made.

Simon V

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:51 PM
Maccardel, what did Dementieva say?! I'm scared

venusfan
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:59 PM
wasn't this the girl Venus beat while she was limping and could not move in Australia or is this someone else?

aura of daniela
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by venusfan
wasn't this the girl Venus beat while she was limping and could not move in Australia or is this someone else?

What is your point?

Simon V

Sonja
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:44 AM
I really took notice of her at last year's Italian Open when she gave me a scare playing Amelie. Amelie won (THANK GOD) 6-2, 3-6, 6-3. After that I really started to pay attention to Daniela's results. I really liked what I saw and it's only gotten better. What's great is she hasn't even played her best tennis yet so I have that to look forward to in the future. Personalitywise she seems ambitious without being overly full of herself. She seems like a very "grounded" young lady.

maccardel
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:59 AM
Dementieva made some accusations about match-fixing regarding serena/venus....I don't want to rehash it though..

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:02 AM
What Elena said was a bit "tongue-in cheek" if you realy know what she meant

still you guys give her the hard stick

As for Daniela, i saw her in Nagoya 1997 in the U14 World Junior Tennis Finals for Slovakia.
She wasn't as tall then but she certainly impressed with her shots.

xan
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:41 AM
I first noticed Daniela in mixed doubles early last year, giving the guys a hard time with her serve - which seems just as effective on either sex. I later saw her live in a XD semi-final at Wimbledon, where she impressed.

Randy H
Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:59 AM
Started following her results in late 1998 :) I heard a lot of good things about her way back then as she was one of the more promising juniors coming out of Slovakia (I read much about the Slovak juniors through following one of my all time faves Karina Habsudova). Even back then she had the talent, was working on getting a net game, and had the power but was still working mainly on the consistency more than anything. Since then I watched her go up through the challengers, get a few nice wins late 2000 and early 2001 (Coetzer and Tauziat namely), and a year later she is Indian Wells champ. :)

matthias
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:29 AM
1st time is notice Daniela was 2001 Rome against Mauresmo
, she lost after a great 3set fight. then i notice her mixed win at Wimbledon, Canadian Open 2001 i saw her match against Capriati and i was impressed and felt in love with her aura.
last year i met her at Leipzig, noone around notice her (everyone around me was just watching anna K on the practice Court) she was surprised that i known her and i asked her for a photo, she was very nice and shy. my best friend used my new digitaly camera, and he did anythink wrong and at least there was no photo on the camera (im still angry with him for this mistake)
now i hope Daniela dont rising high to fast, cause i hope i will met her at Hamburg again, and this time i want a photo.

thats my Daniel Story:wavey:

aura of daniela
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by matthias
1st time is notice Daniela was 2001 Rome against Mauresmo
, she lost after a great 3set fight. then i notice her mixed win at Wimbledon, Canadian Open 2001 i saw her match against Capriati and i was impressed and felt in love with her aura.
last year i met her at Leipzig, noone around notice her (everyone around me was just watching anna K on the practice Court) she was surprised that i known her and i asked her for a photo, she was very nice and shy. my best friend used my new digitaly camera, and he did anythink wrong and at least there was no photo on the camera (im still angry with him for this mistake)
now i hope Daniela dont rising high to fast, cause i hope i will met her at Hamburg again, and this time i want a photo.

thats my Daniel Story:wavey:

Hey Matthias, it's cool that you noticed her 'aura' too....;) .
Boy, I was a fool not to us her if I could get a photo with her, I was to busy clicking away on my camera, and I guess I would have babbled on, making no sense and Daniela would have just smiled and laughed at me if I tried to ask....
But I will be there at the Australian Open next year, looking for her practise session to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the day I discovered her.....Maybe I will get a picture then.....Who knows!

Simon V

matthias
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:41 AM
my best Friend notice her special Aura too, maybe he was nervous as he took the photo, maybe i should say - as he tried to took the photo :sad: :sad: :sad:

later the day i saw her Qualifying match and my best friend said "she walking on the court like a princess"

aura of daniela
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Daniela does have that very proper way of walking around th court, head alway up, and when she serves, she stands so up right....she is perfect in the way she goes on the court.
Great court Etiquette, she look beautiful.

Simon V