PDA

View Full Version : EASTBOURNE: does anyone....

Loughyunijen
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM
know whether lindsay has committed to this event yet??? Cause i have quaters, semis, and finals tickets!! :p

lindsayno1
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
how the HELL did u get them?! im only goin if lindsay plays as i have exams

Loughyunijen
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:42 PM
how the HELL did u get them?! im only goin if lindsay plays as i have exams

I got some through my tennis club/coach......some from Loughborough university casue thats where GB tennis is....and i applied thrugh ballot form too:) I was very lucky!

But my LAST ever exam is June 10th so I wanna seiously celebrate at university (end of an era :sad: )....so if lindsay is not playing at Eastbourne I wont go....and they'll be tickets up for grabs! ;)

lindsayno1
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:56 PM
:O do you go to loughborough?

Loughyunijen
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
:O do you go to loughborough?

Yeah I go to Loughborough University...I have been there since 2001....my course is a 4 year course so I leave this June :sad:

Loughborough univeristy is the best uni in UK...well im probably a bit bias! ;)

matija-seles
Apr 11th, 2005, 05:15 PM
i will be there for the whole tourney. hope linds plays there.

lindsayno1
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:42 PM
im going to loughborough!!!!!!!!!!!

foreva lindsay
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:13 PM
i think its highly unlikely that she'l play...sorry :sad:

lindsayno1
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:25 PM
i reckon she mite as shes skipping some before RG PLUS as its prolly her last year she mite wanna go places she hasnt been for a while! IE BIRMINGHAM even thou its a tier III (Cincinatti is so why cant she do bham!)

foreva lindsay
Apr 11th, 2005, 08:29 PM
she hates eastbourne though...the wind

LindsayRocks89
Apr 11th, 2005, 10:49 PM
I believe Lindsay won eastbourne in 2001, but when she last played there in 2003 she lost 1st round to farina elia so who knows if she'll play. . .

Loughyunijen
Apr 12th, 2005, 09:10 AM
im going to loughborough!!!!!!!!!!!

ARhhhhhhhhh im so jelous! My university career is nearly over and yours is just beginning! Man You'll have a great time....people that go to Loughborough get this huge involvement with everything.....its called the "loughborough experience"! :D

Im studying for a Bsc in Management Sciences (which is basically manement with a maths base) 4 year course, casue its compulsory to do a sandwich year in industry in year 3!

Man.......when you get there...its just fitties after fitties after fitties! Honestly theres not one ugly person at Loughborough!

OH GOD...wait till you see the England rugby union sqaud training....Jonny wilkinson me up! ;)

So what are you studying?? Do you play any sport at a serious level to be able to play Lboro sport?

Loughyunijen
Apr 12th, 2005, 09:11 AM
If Lindsay bails on Eastbourne ...ill post all my tickets!

lindsayno1
Apr 12th, 2005, 01:23 PM
im doing international business.

yeah i play netball but dislocated my knee so dont know if i will be fit enough

Loughyunijen
Apr 12th, 2005, 02:24 PM
im doing international business.

yeah i play netball but dislocated my knee so dont know if i will be fit enough

Arh so you'll be in the business school like me.....a nice big greeny/bluey and orange builging! By far the best department on campus!

I do Management Sciences......so youll be doing alot of my modules for teh whole 3 years...but where I do maths you'll do a languauge! :)

Loughborough Business school is 4th best in the country now and the univeristy as a whole is 8th in the country...so you are going to a great uni.....Guess youll be doing your a-levels now :tape: Im sure youl be fine.....I needed ABB to get on Man Sci and that was in 2001, Dont think its changed, think its BBB for Int Bus......Im sure you'll be fine with your exams I wish you all the best with them :)

Netball hey......they have like 5 teams at Loughy....and they are all county level! :eek: I play Tennis and Hockey although I dropped hockey in Year 2 to focus on Tennis....they really do have great facilities and you'l be loving all the celebs that are wallking around!

All the best with it mate!

lindsayno1
Apr 12th, 2005, 02:30 PM
celebs walking around?
Ok england rugby squad, paula radcliffe.... who else?

Loughyunijen
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:56 PM
celebs walking around?
Ok england rugby squad, paula radcliffe.... who else?

So far Ive seen.....

All england rugby union squad
Most of Leciester Tigers squad

Paula Radcliffe, Iwan Thomas, Linford christie, Lord Seb Coe, Sally Gunnel, John Reges, Colin Jackson (athletes)

Mark Hilton, Tim Henman, Greg Rusedski, Andew Murray (tennis)

Luke from Hollyoaks.....his brother is inmy year on my course :bounce:
So then Luke brings Ben from Hollyoaks alot.....both fitties! They both visit regular!

who eles i seen......all the cricket GB squad....andrew flintoff...

Basically yeah there all sport starts...but i love sport...so Im always star eyed!

lindsayno1
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:02 AM
RIGHT i think we should get lindsay to pay a visit

Loughyunijen
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:57 AM
RIGHT i think we should get lindsay to pay a visit

LOL........if only she was british! ;)

*timtams*
Apr 13th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Are you a capriati fan? did you go to eastbourne in 2003? did you have a massive usa flag with jennifer capriati on it, not in black marker pen, but in some form of stuck on letters?

Capriati swore she would never return after the 2003 ultra wind fest at eastbourne, unsure whether she went back in 2004 or not, as i was not there. 2003 the supposed bomb scare! what a joke!

Loughyunijen
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Are you a capriati fan? did you go to eastbourne in 2003? did you have a massive usa flag with jennifer capriati on it, not in black marker pen, but in some form of stuck on letters?

Capriati swore she would never return after the 2003 ultra wind fest at eastbourne, unsure whether she went back in 2004 or not, as i was not there. 2003 the supposed bomb scare! what a joke!

Hello mate,

I am a capriati fan as it goes (however "lindsay d" is my ultimate fav), but yeah I have utter respect for capriati, her game, and her comback :) I did go to Eastbourne in 2003, and 2004, cause its always the week after university finsihes for summer but unfortunately I didnt have any american flags with me, infact I didnt have any flags!

2003 was incredibly windy due to the fact its situated on the coast, and indeed the wind played havoc with lindsay that year as she lost in the 1st round :sad:

Capriati didnt go to the tourny in 2004 and neither did mis L. Davenport ;) as i said in the post....i do have tickets for this tourny, but i'll post them if i dont go(prob sell em at cost)...which will probably be because lindsay doesnt play! and I have a feeling she wont! :sad:

Bomb scare?

*timtams*
Apr 15th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, 2003, bomb scare....
I was in the media room, so i got all the dirt. They tried fobbing off the public with some crap about a security alert, but the bleeding bomb squad were actually called out. Dont you remember having to leave the grounds? I think it was maybe the back end of the week, it may have been finals day, as im sure i recall watching the fab doubles match betw linds and capriati and there doubles partners, one was that spanish girl who lind beat in the singles final of 2001....

Loughyunijen
Apr 15th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Yeah, 2003, bomb scare....
I was in the media room, so i got all the dirt. They tried fobbing off the public with some crap about a security alert, but the bleeding bomb squad were actually called out. Dont you remember having to leave the grounds? I think it was maybe the back end of the week, it may have been finals day, as im sure i recall watching the fab doubles match betw linds and capriati and there doubles partners, one was that spanish girl who lind beat in the singles final of 2001....

Arhh i wasnt there finals day.....only quater finals and semi finals! :( God thats scary.....man there are some sick people in this world!

2003 wasnt teh best yr for linds with her 1st round defeat :sad: I actually cant believe that happened!