PDA

View Full Version : jens gerlach

alex.2812
Apr 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
i would like to know more about him. is he a former player?
why did anastasia choose him?

Spunky83
Apr 11th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Born 1st May 1973 in Stuttgart, Germany (near Filderstadt). Education: B.A./B.S in Marketing and Business Adminstration, Master of Business Administration ( :hatoff: ). I think he attended some college in Miami. According to Nastya, he lived there for a few years.

Nastya and Jens both met when she needed a sparring partner in 2002, he officially became her coach in New Haven 2002. He coached German Bianca Lamade before that, but I think they werenīt sooo successful.

He is listed as a player on the ATP tour, but either he was just too bad (highest ranking was like 1500 (?)) or he didnīt intend to play as a pro.

Speaks german, english and a bit russian. Heīs officialy registered as a coach on the WTA tour. Nastya and Jens were dating for like a year.

Quote from Jens, Wimbledon 2004:
“Even when she was my girlfriend, I found I could concentrate on the tennis, and itīs tough to be with somebody 24 hours a day. We never really fought. We didnīt split up on bad terms. Itīs just a choice we made. I had a choice of still hang around. She has a choice to have me as her coach. We just made the choice to give it a shot.”

I wished I kenw that much about my studies...and not only about tennis-related stuff :lol:

cool_olga
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:35 PM
He was making a degree in Miami, and additionally (I guess) he got a job as a sparing partner at nasdaq.

alex.2812
Apr 11th, 2005, 05:42 PM
thanks but what is the lik between Business Administration and tennis?

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:07 PM
I think we can also assume that Jens is very patient. Or hard of hearing.

_LuCaS_
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Good timing for a Jens thread :mad:
Yee Wah can you pass a message to Jens in Berlin? Better give him a small package from me (a torn apart voodoo doll with his name on the butt)...and run ;)

katiektc
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Ok, and give him my phone number ;)

_LuCaS_
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Ok, and give him my phone number ;)
Oh, please :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
thanks but what is the lik between Business Administration and tennis?

I am majoring in media and cultural studies and I bet I will end up as some kind of waitress or sales assistant :sad:

I guess I have to say a late Happy Birthday to Jens :D ...and @Katiektc...why would I put your number when I can put mine instead :devil:

Beware of the CAT-FIGHT!!!! :lol:

miffedmax
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I am majoring in media and cultural studies and I bet I will end up as some kind of waitress or sales assistant :sad:

You'll be surprised. Three years from now I bet you'll have a career you love and never expected.

I guess I have to say a late Happy Birthday to Jens :D ...and @Katiektc...why would I put your number when I can put mine instead :devil:

In the immortal words of the Dance Hall Crashers, "Everyone loves a catfight. :devil:

goldenlox
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:50 PM
:cat: :boxing: :cat: :banana:

katiektc
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:55 PM

Hehehe, *backing off* :p

Didn't know Cutie J was studying business and marketing and the like. How random.

Spunky83
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Hehehe, *backing off* :p

Didn't know Cutie J was studying business and marketing and the like. How random.

:p @you

:lol: ...no, I like competition;)

cool_olga
Apr 12th, 2005, 05:21 PM
You have one more in competition, but I'm up so far, he recognizes me, haha! ( ;) )

Spunky83
Apr 12th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Yep Ola, but youīre not there, so screw you!!! muahahahahahahaaaaa!!! YEAH!!!

Just kidding, you know I like you;)

cool_olga
Apr 12th, 2005, 05:34 PM
We'll see, we'll see what you will be able to say after Berlin :p If you will get more than me I'll just get his nr from you and then meet up in Sopot ;)

Spunky83
Apr 12th, 2005, 06:05 PM
We'll see, we'll see what you will be able to say after Berlin :p If you will get more than me I'll just get his nr from you and then meet up in Sopot ;)

You know Nastya would kill you for doing that :lol:

cerbero
Apr 12th, 2005, 06:35 PM
women... :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:19 PM
women... :lol:

Guy who thinks I had Botox in my lips :lol:

cerbero
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:29 PM
That's my point, silicone, collagen, botox, lipo, diet,etc... women stuff...:lol:

LiTTLe SeRTaB
Apr 13th, 2005, 12:53 AM
That's my point, silicone, collagen, botox, lipo, diet,etc... women stuff...:lol:

Lol, and tampons, bras, high hill shoes .. u think this is all the same ...
.. you really wouldnt care if your girlfriend has sillicone in her forehead, botox in her lips, lipo on her breast, tampon in her mouth, and bra on her ass ??? :p

Breakaway
Apr 13th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the info on Jens, I didn't know that. I think I deserve to be Nastya's assistant more than he does. Just wait till I meet Nastya, then she can dump Jens. And the girls can fight over him, and I will take Nastya.

Deal? :p

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2005, 02:31 AM
no :devil: i want to be her assistant. but if u can get me a job with tati, ill let u have her.

cerbero
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Lol, and tampons, bras, high hill shoes .. u think this is all the same ...
.. you really wouldnt care if your girlfriend has sillicone in her forehead, botox in her lips, lipo on her breast, tampon in her mouth, and bra on her ass ??? :p

I see the medication is being efective, don't forget your pills everyday...if you continue like this the voices won't be back :lol:

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Hey...cute! A "real" cat-fight going on here between the guys :lol:

cerbero
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:52 AM
@Spunky

It's called fight for the domination of territory... :devil:

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
@Spunky

It's called fight for the domination of territory... :devil:

...men :rolleyes:...I hope you donīt pee in the corner to mark your territories

miffedmax
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Meanwhile, an entire generation of nonEnglish speaking children grow up believing "Fuck you" means "Hey, coach."

And all you can do is snipe at each other. Oh the humanity.

_LuCaS_
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
...men :rolleyes:...I hope you donīt pee in the corner to mark your territories
:rolls:

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Meanwhile, an entire generation of nonEnglish speaking children grow up believing "Fuck you" means "Hey, coach."

And all you can do is snipe at each other. Oh the humanity.

Have you already heard what Vera did yesterday? Apparentely she totally freaked out during her three-set match which she eventually lost. She was mumbling something like "I will kill myself twice" and also got a warning for using certain words. The crowd was laughing at her because of that behaviour. Her coach always tried to change his seat so that Vera couldnīt scream at him anylonger and Vera was always trying to look out for him, trying to find his latest hiding place :lol:

Who say that Nastya is the meanest player concerning torturing coaches? Although Jens did leave once but well...damn thatīs too funny.

martirogi
Apr 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
no wonder nastya and vera make such a great doubles team :tape:
the coaches prob make a bet to see who has to hide first

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 04:35 PM
no wonder nastya and vera make such a great doubles team :tape:
the coaches prob make a bet to see who has to hide first

:lol: yep, there must be some kind of connection...I bet Jens and Lex (?) are totally bitching about their pupils when they are together. Come on, itīs a totally impossible behaviour of both players (although itīs damn funny!).

Last time I screamed at persons on court-side was directed at my mother when she watched one of my matches against friends...but back then I was like 10 and it was only a mad "manno!!!" (something like "Oh man!"), plus a flying raquet (and she shouted back for that!). I wouldnīt remember that if my mother hadnīt told me lately when I was cursing at a computer game and she was in the room :lol:

OMG...Justine just served at 122 mph :eek:

miffedmax
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I talk to myself after every point. It's usually not flattering.

Poor Bepa. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at her meltdowns. Nastya's always seem funnier. When Lena D. isn't playing well she gets the saddest little girl look on her face.

The guys just yell and throw rackets. Not that I ever do that. No sirree Bob.

katiektc
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I curse all the time when I play tennis, I don't cry however ;)

And laugh after every double fault. Because there are usually at least 29382941821 of them. *sob*

Spunky83
Apr 13th, 2005, 06:19 PM
OMG...I hate double faults. Especially when the second serve goes straight into the net. Love my first serve, hate second.

I remember my friend and I played a match like a year ago indoors and the courts are very close to each other and she lost a very important point and she was cursing like hell although sheīs considered as a very cute and nice person. I yelled at her cause she wouldnīt stop...when I finally stopped her, I made a gesture towards her that she might take a look at the left court and there were two little kids standing there totally amazed by that outburst and the words which came out of my friendīs mouth...next to the kids was the father and he was not amused :lol:

greenfunkTHREE.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
oooooooh. finally, a jens thread. heh! : ))

martirogi
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
if nastya keeps up her stellar play it could turn into a fire jens thread :devil:

miffedmax
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
I curse all the time when I play tennis, I don't cry however ;)

And laugh after every double fault. Because there are usually at least 29382941821 of them. *sob*

Yes, I try to keep reminding myself that just because I like Lena D. doesn't mean I have to serve like her.

Spunky83
Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
Iīve read that Bianka Lamade (Gerlachīs first pupil) has now settled and works in an office now. Sheīs won Tashkent and had a career high at 59 and now sheīs just an "ordinary" person and still very young. Itīs incredible how fast you can rise and fall... :sad:

cool_olga
Apr 23rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Yee Wah you must talk to our Cutie J in Berlin and find out more about him :D

Spunky83
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
Yee Wah you must talk to our Cutie J in Berlin and find out more about him :D

Yep and I hope I wonīt accidently call him "Cutie-J" :lol:

LiTTLe SeRTaB
Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
LOOLL :lol: :lol: :lol: