PDA

View Full Version : At this moment, Serena is the BEST

Gumbycat
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:51 PM
As stated on CNNSI:
Serena Williams has lost but one of the last 24 matches she's completed. Never mind the rankings. Anyone who doesn't drop a set to Martina Hingis, Venus Williams and Jennifer Capriati in a span of 72 hours is the best in the game at the moment.

vw43
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:56 PM
Holding on to the moment is the hard part ;)

coler85
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:58 PM
I definitely have to agree.........

I myself am not a Williams fan, but i'm starting to like to watch Serena more and more. She has the best combination of speed, power and finesse of any player on the tour, and if she keeps it up, she'll be ranked #1 before we know it, MAYBE EVEN AT THE END OF THIS YEAR!

I hope the year end rankings are as follows.

1. Martina
2. Serena
3. Jenn
4. Venus
5. Clijsters

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 07:03 PM
the moment will take alot of hard work. Jennifer Capriati is training harder and developing more, clay court season will begin soon and who knows what the tournaments will bring. And will Venus allow Serena to dominate her, that will be the biggest rivalry........ For the moment it is Capriati

tennisfun
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:46 PM
for the moment Jen is the loser as evidenced at Miami and Scotsdale. wanna more spanking from the sisters?

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:50 PM
whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loser how? update me when the Williams are number one, or the winner at Miami Serena has back to back grandslams, as far as I remember only one Williams beat Capriati at Miami. The other Williams was already out I believe.........................

Kart
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:53 PM
IMHO CNNSI are 100% correct :).

AjdeNate!
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:56 PM
I agree totally. Lil'Wms is the best player on tour RIGHT NOW at THIS MOMENT.

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:05 PM
She's simply the best ... better than all the rest

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(except maybe Venus ;) )

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:31 PM
base it on strengths not bias............................................

TSequoia01
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:31 PM
Jen is the Current #1, but she has been the beneficiary this year of what I call Stefano draw sheets. Actually, Venus, Lindsay, Serena, and maybe Seles all will defeat her most times. Still she is an incredible fighter who I will never count of any match. But her game is overrated. She defeated Serena in the past because Serena would virtually give her matches. She was not the only one. Hingis was the beneficiary of a few. But those days have past and so has her victories. :cool:

Hi Venus :wavey:

Hi Serena :wavey:

Hi Daniela "lil v" :wavey:

Bright Red
Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:10 AM
Agreed. But Venus will take that title back soon enough!;)

Becool
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:21 AM
No she won't :p

Serena will stay there for a loooong looong time :D

jomar
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:31 AM
Serena is indeed the best at the moment.:bounce:

Bright Red
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by BecoolSerenaLover
No she won't :p

Serena will stay there for a loooong looong time :D

Well it's nice to know that Serena has some exclusive fans on this board!;)

Go Serena!:bounce:

Dawn Marie
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:54 AM
I agree with this thread topic..:) SERENA IS THE BEST AT THE MOMENT. Which counts for alot in tennis.:)

RYNJ
Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:55 AM
Serena since coming off her injury has been, how do they say this on basketball. "SHE'S ON FIRE" ;)

joao
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:00 AM
VENUS#1 and SERENA #2
.....very soon on your screens!

TM
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:05 AM
what do you mean no she won't? She will! She is the BEST!

Venus #1 Serena #1

And no it's not "The Williams Sisters" or "The Williamses" it's Venus and Serena get it right. :wavey:

tenn_ace
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:26 AM
totally agree.

it was very impressive win. not just a win, but a win defeating #1, #2, and #3 in the world. Stylish. Nothing more to add!

I hope I will live that day when I post something like this about my Queen