PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Charleston DRAW !!!

pierce0415
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:01 PM
(1)Davenport v. BYE
Craybas v. Q
Q v. Q
(16)Zuluaga v. Q

(10)Jankovic v. Henin-Hardenne
Peng v. Irvin
Benesova v. Q
(6) Zvonareva v. BYE

(4) Williams v. BYE
Chladkova v. Camerin
Raymond v. Razzano
Frazier v. (13)Golovin

(12)Farina Elia v. Kostanic
Strycova v. Martinez
Morigami v. Garbin
(7) Petrova v. BYE

(8) Schnyder v. BYE
Marrero v. Medina G
Stosur v. Ruano Pascual
Koukalova v. (9)Likhovsteva

(14)Asagoe v. Q
Daniilidou(WC) v. Shaugnessy
Q v. Vaidisova
(3)Myskina v. BYE

(6)Molik v. BYE
Pratt (WC) v. Srebotnik
Gullikson (WC) v. Groenfield
Q. v. Sugiyama

(15)Pierce v. Washington
Llagostera v. Sucha
Randriantefy v. Jidkova
(2)Dementieva v. BYE

----------------------------------------------------------

Mary got a great draw !!! Washington / Llagostera / Sucha will be mincemeat the way Mary was playing in Amelia Island. Demented is coming off injury and has a serve that will sit up for Mary to clobber. Molik is not great on clay. Myskina probably won't make it to the semis. There is on reason why Mary should not be in the final of this tournament.

sebbe
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Finally a good draw for Mary. Dementieva is sure beatable. I think this is Mary's chance to really show what she can do with her tennis and go for a nice week.

NicoMary
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:22 PM
WHAT A GREAT DRAW!!!!!:bounce: :lol: :worship:

If Mary plays like she has done it in Amelia Island she could have an amazing run!!!!!!:bounce: But don't be too optimistic Mary had a great draw In Australia...:rolleyes:

GO MARY GO MARY GO MARY

sebbe
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I hope Mary can take her good form from this week with her to Charleston and kick some as=)

As usual, a smile on her face is the key.

Andy.
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:38 PM
This draw is not bad at all Mary should be confident that she has the game to get past Dementieva and she has had matches on the surface. Good luck Mary this tournaent could be very interesting.

Scotso
Apr 10th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Dementieva should not be overlooked.

But it's a pretty good draw for Mary :) I think her chances of making the finals here are pretty good with the draws the way they are.

Mark Spruce
Apr 10th, 2005, 01:49 AM
I have to agree Elena is and up and down player, but I think that Mary should get past her.

Best of luck to you Mary

take care

Mark

Edman
Apr 10th, 2005, 04:56 AM
I remember that Mary lost to Elena in these years when facing her.
So I hope Mary can make revenge here, also she can beat some top players before GS,this is especially good for her.
I am happy these few weeks.although she lost to top players, she is in good form and the scroe is so tight.

ms_nut
Apr 10th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Nice draw for mary, but Dementieva is still a BIG threat.
She did beat her the last time they played on clay in 2002, but Pierce was in really bad shape. Hopefully Pierce can build on her confidence and win this one.
I just hope she does not have a let down and lose to Mashona....

ashwu
Apr 10th, 2005, 06:05 AM
that's a great draw. but mary needs to be careful...
good luck mary!!!

MaryPierceFan
Apr 10th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Good draw. Finally. Go girl. You can do it.

cakiteror
Apr 10th, 2005, 07:03 AM
great draw!!!!
is she playing doubles?

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Yes it's obvious this is a better draw than last week or in paris or Anvers ...

But Mary has to be careful because she is also an "up and down" player !
I hope she will play at her best, like in Indian Wells and Amelia Island !

Mashona is not a bad player at all, she has a good game and beat Sharapova last year before Us Open (New Haven), that's why she can be a little threat, and Mary will have to play a good game if she wants to dominate her and advance in the draw !
Second round seems to be an easy one really, surely easier than Mashona !

Then Elena D. ... Hmm, Elena played a good tennis in March, only beaten by Clijsters. But on clay, even if she reached French final, i think she's not as good as Mary can be ! Moreover she is powerfull, but less than Mary i think, and her serve is a real problem, sure Mary will have opportunities to break her very often (all games probably lol) ! the key is to win her own serve !

So, Go Mary, beat Mashona and your second opponent, and then, enjoy your match against Elena ! With a smile, with your shape and with your confidence, i'm sure you won't let her dominate :hearts:

Mark Spruce
Apr 10th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I hope that Mary will play doubles.

She needs the matches to help her in her singles

Mark

mauresmofan
Apr 10th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Maam has a great draw - she needs to show most of the rest of the wta tour what to do to Elenas serve although it has gotten slightly better! Allez Maam!!!

Declan
Apr 10th, 2005, 05:12 PM
At bloody last! A decent draw for Mary, when she's on a bit of a roll and her confidence-level should be high! Fingers crossed for great week! I really want her to beat Dementieva. I remember they played in early 2000 for the first time, and Mary had to withdraw half-way through injury, and she was crucified on the old tennis web-site, with several posters accusing her of quitting to avoid a shock defeat: as if!!!!!!

NicoMary
Apr 10th, 2005, 05:19 PM
At bloody last! A decent draw for Mary, when she's on a bit of a roll and her confidence-level should be high! Fingers crossed for great week! I really want her to beat Dementieva. I remember they played in early 2000 for the first time, and Mary had to withdraw half-way through injury, and she was crucified on the old tennis web-site, with several posters accusing her of quitting to avoid a shock defeat: as if!!!!!!

I remember that story...:rolleyes: mary was ill and had to quite and everybody was telling that she has quite to run away from a defeat...:o last time they played MAry took the first set 61 but she was really out of shape...hope she will show everybody that she can destroy Dementieva even in top Shape:bounce:

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 10th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Mary will replay doubles with Corina !

First round will be a win against Vaidisova and Kutuzova :hearts:

aimee20
Apr 11th, 2005, 05:37 AM
oh my god this is the draw we've been waiting for :)

MaryPierceFan
Apr 11th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Playing doubles helps her in singles. What do You think?

Andy.
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah she gets the match toufness and fun. She is a real contender for this title in my book, but we must take it match by Match its still Mary and she could throw in the odd bad match but she seems to be in such fine form she will be a danger player for sure.

Mark Spruce
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:03 PM
For sure doubles does help the singles game, for reaction tims for sure. That is great that Mary is playing doubles with Corina again.

I agree with Andrew lets take one match at a time, less pressure I think on our hearts LOL

Mark

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I made a nightmare yesterday night !
It was Mary who lost her first round 4/6 4/6 without breaking, in spite of 11 break balls :confused:

I hope reality won't be the same :confused:

Mark Spruce
Apr 11th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hi wizzy,

Oh not such a nice dream then.

I am sure reality will be different.

I think if we can send positive vibes and thoughts to Mary she will do it. One round at a time though.

Mark

fOxYLiCiOuS
Apr 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Go Mary ... This is a great draw for you :)

NicoMary
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that if MAry plays like she did in the last few weeks..mashona Washington won't be a real problem...:worship: but as wizzy said lets not forget the fact that Mashona is a great player especially on hard...:o so if Mary is not playin' seriously and really focus..this match can be a tough one...:o But hopfully we all know that mary is a great professional and that if she is in good shape she wil go through especially on clay...:hearts: :bounce: Mary have fun girl...continue your way back to the top!!!

spindoctor
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
A very nice draw for Mary. I hope she keeps up the good work. :D

LafandeMary
Apr 12th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I made a nightmare yesterday night !
It was Mary who lost her first round 4/6 4/6 without breaking, in spite of 11 break balls :confused:

I hope reality won't be the same :confused:

Of course it won't be the same in reality :angel:

You even remember the number of break points?!! :lol:

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Yes Justine, i remember this so much important detail ;)

Mary and Corina have just won their double first round, 63 64 against Kutuzova and Vaidisova :angel: :bounce:

AK-DH Fan
Apr 13th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Go Mary!!!!! 2 Good Wins Today :)

Mark Spruce
Apr 13th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Hey great Mary and Corina won.

What a good end to the day

mark

Andy.
Apr 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Well done Mary and Corina they could be a great combination. Keep it up girls.