PDA

View Full Version : Honour the Retired players 2001/2002

Xian-Austriaco
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:33 PM
Please inform me of retired players in 2001 and 2002

I´ve heard that Jolene Watanabe and Annabel Ellwood have retired but whats going oj with Annamaria Foldenyi or Luciana Masante?

if a player who ís around the 300´s nobody is recognizing when he or she retires

So honour those who have not won so much on the tour

:cool: :cool:

Sandra Cacic , Sonya Jeyaseelan, Jean Okada, Rewa Hudson, Kristina Triska, Stephanie Testard, Flora Perfetti, Wendy Fix, etc

come on everybody list a player who do you miss and you do not know where she is :bounce:

Brαm
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:35 PM
Retired in 2001:
Sabine Appelmans
Stephanie De Villé
Laurence Courtois

Xian-Austriaco
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:37 PM
Didnt know that Stephanie de Ville has retired so thank ya bram :eek:
But Laurence is still playing doubles?:confused:

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:39 PM
No more retirements!!! I mean if Martina N can still be out there banging the ball with her IV drip(just kidding) then the other players should pick up the slack and hang tough.

Go Martina N. You will play tennis until they pry that racquet from your arthritic hands!!!

Brαm
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:41 PM
Well Stephanie hasn't played since March 2001, so I think she's retired :sad:

Laurence isn't playing doubles. She only played 1 doubles match in Antwerp because she and Elke Clijsters got a WC into the doubles main draw. That's it. Laurence will only play for Fed Cup team (if Kim & Juju don't play) and the Belgian Championships. So no more WTA events.

Xian-Austriaco
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:42 PM
So the other players I ve mentioned are injured, or do they go to college like Julia Abe ?

Xian-Austriaco
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:44 PM
I correct to university

vw43
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:00 PM
lol@cybell

Randy H
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:51 PM
Jing-Qian Yi, and Marion Maruska :sad:

matthias
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:53 PM
Anke Huber :sad:

Sonya Jeyaseelan, it think she hasn´t retired yet, i heard about a brain surgery

spotsyboy
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:03 PM
Brain surgery?? yikes, that sounds serious! Her play was definitely on the downslide last year - wonder if that had anything to do with it?

I want to know what happened to the following:

Nirupama Vaidyanathan
Karin Miller
um.........
already mentioned Catalina Cristea in another thread......

where are they? :(

matthias
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:07 PM
anyone her on the board talked about her Brain surgery, and said it isn´t cancer.

bluepastures
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Has Natalia Egorova of Russia retired? I realise she's still in the world rankings, but I didn't see her in any of the British tournaments this year. Also she used to be a pretty much constant doubles partner for Ekaterina Syssoeva (who now appears to be playing with a variety of different partners).

Frau Antje
Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:17 PM
:sad: :sad: Sabine :sad: :sad:

But Laurence is playing German League. She promised me to play all matches :bounce:

Xian-Austriaco
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Jing-Qian Yi has retired? Damn:eek:

2ace2
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:31 PM
I didn't know Ying-Qian Yi retired!
Too bad, but I hope she's happy!!!
:D

herodoto
Apr 4th, 2002, 06:52 PM
i miss you Anke Huber!!!:wavey: