PDA

View Full Version : Opinion : Jelena Dokic

King Aaron
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:03 AM
Is Jelena in a slump or is the injury still bothering her ??

Mine would be that she still hasn't fully recovered from the injury. She shouldn't have played in Indian Wells after all she won't lose points. She would just lose more if she keeps on playing and the injury gets worse. She made a bad decision and ther's still time to turn it around..... on the other hand she might have already recovered considering she played singles and doubles in the Nasdaq-100 Open and will play both in Sarasota. Her losses against Anne Kremer might just be psycholygical. Or is it ??

Opinions ??

~RedRose~
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:09 AM
I think she may have been recovered but still did not have full confidence in her thigh. maybe too hesitant or afraid of another injury.
Also the psychological side of her & Anne!! Thank god she isnt on her side in Sarasota!!

irma
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:55 AM
my opinion is that she has to pay now for the ridicilious schedules she made in the last years and now she is still playing being injured!
I don`t get it! :confused:

SM
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:27 AM
i doubt shes injured if she plays both events...Anne played well simple and i dont see anything wrong wih Jelena playing a few sloppy matches as its tough to get any rhtythm and form going when you get hampered by injuries..

if Jelena wasnt injured this year at al im sure she probably have a title to her name in 2k2, bu ttheres time for that..im sure with a few matches shell get the much needed matches , and id say its lack of match play not form thats been a hinderance

if she wins sarasota, i think shell be in the right direction to get back to 100% so go jelena

King Aaron
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Thanx for your opinions guys...:)
keep them coming ....:bounce:
and by the way she won her first round match against Conchita !!

Chance
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:48 AM
I thought Jelena said that she was going to take more breaks and not play every week.

I was looking at the commitment list and her name is on the next 3 tournamnets, is that right.Will she be playing fed cup too???

Bausch & Lomb Championships
FCC
Betty Barclay Cup

and she will have to defend Rome too....so that's one week off after bbc..who does her schedule???

I seriously hope she doesn't get injured.

Chance
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
I don't believe it, Jelena's name is on the Eurocard commitment list too....ok there's time for her to change her mind, I hope she does.
I just don't understand what's some of these player's are thinking when they make up their schedule.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
health is more important that rankings and money!

V.Melb
Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
If you are an off-key power hitter - Anne Kremer is not the opponent you would want to have .... she really hits low over the net and moves quite well..... her serve is no 'sitter' - she angles it quite well.
If Jelena is not 100 percent ....Anne Kremer was always going to cause problems - Anne is not a consistent retriever ~ she goes for her shots and moves her opponent around....
If Dokic was to play her best - i am convinced these two would still have quite an entertaining match - although Jelena would win in the end.

SM
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
If Dokic was to play her best she'd destroy Anne IMO...you probably just mean an in form Jelena ;):P?

thefreedesigner
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:36 AM
SM, how often are players - and that's any player - at their best.

Answer: Rarely. Answer, in Jelena Dokic's case is: Even rarer.

SM
Apr 2nd, 2002, 11:42 AM
that was a light hearted sarcastic post...no need to pick it a[art now :angel:

im sure jelena came close to her best when she beat Hingis 6-2 6-0.....close, but there was still two games left for improvement ;)

anyway i also agree with Vixen that Anne Kremer is often overlooked as a threat to the hard hitters..she ousted Seles before on grass 98? and now Jelena this year,Iva at the olympics where she seemed to counter Ivas power quite well etc

King Aaron
Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:14 AM
Great guys... Anne IMO is a player that can catch u offguard ...

King Aaron
Apr 4th, 2002, 12:54 PM
More opinions pls .... :)

King Aaron
Apr 5th, 2002, 07:25 AM
U guys ran out of things to say or is this thread just boring ??

~RedRose~
Apr 5th, 2002, 10:57 AM
GOO JECA!!!

My Opinion ... She ROCKS!!!

KINGLIRE
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
dont forget jela is only after beating an in form Anna Smashnova who has recently proved what a great player she is.

saraosta open goes to JELENA DOKIC

GO JELA! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:38 PM
I think she needs her confidence back and dont worry on the injury to much