PDA

View Full Version : Roger Federer Head over Heels for Anna Kournikova?

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:25 AM
Federer Head Over Heels for Anna Kournikova?
April 1, 2002
BBC Sports

If you think the tennis couples end with Lleyton Hewitt and Kim Clijsters, then you need to do more homework. Roger Federer and Anna Kournikova might give them a run for their money.

It was obvious that the two were a couple after Anna secretly attended most of the Swiss star's matches during his run to the finals at the Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami, making sure she kept in the shade. She was even seen chatting up former German player Boris Becker before leaving the match early during the final set.

Those who know Federer might be confused, as he's been dating fellow Swiss player Miroslava Vavrinec for the past 2 years, and she even sat with his coach during his matches including his ill-fated clash with Agassi. But a spokesperson for Federer says that the pair broke-up in early March and remain such good friends that they still attend one another's matches for support. Maybe Vavrinec just isnt aware of the new woman in his life.

Federer, who also attended Kournikova's early round defeat, got to talking with the starlet at the Australian Open Player's party, when their mutual friend Martina Hingis introduced them. One thing lead to another. The couple supposedly went out on a few dates but kept things very secretive. It was only here at Miami that they were spotted walking hand and hand down Miami's streets checking out the hottest clubs. Later they were seen dancing the night away.

Kournikova, who has been rumored to date other tennis players such as Nicolas Lapentti and Juan Carlos Ferrero, and most recently Latin-pop sensation Enrique Iglesias, has told friends that Roger makes her laugh and is down to Earth with no objection to her sexy image. And Federer has said that in the short time they have been together, hes absolutely in love.

When asked about their alliance by a Swiss TV station however, the Swiss star blushed and said, Shes a nice girl, but I will keep hush hush about my life off the court.

Just stay tuned for the French Open. Maybe they will make their love known to the world should they play mixed doubles together.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!! That was fun!

Mark43
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:29 AM
Haha! Hey that was pretty good! I think she might be dating Tommy Haas though.

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:30 AM
Ok I admit it, you got me!!

brickhousesupporter
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:34 AM
i will be the first to admit that you got me. I thought this was real.:fiery:

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:36 AM
Actually you'll be the second :p

Scotso
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:42 AM
Actually you didn't get me because I'm pretty sure Federer and Vavrinec are a couple :p

Jetta
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:45 AM
Ya got me......and on my birthday...of all days....:rolleyes:

*why mom......why do I have to come out of your uterus April 1 22 years ago...*sigh*

moon
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:49 AM
well you got me, and I'm sooo happy that this was a joke!

Chance
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:58 AM
u got me, good one:)

Jordan.
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:03 AM
LOL!I bet there are gonna be like 5 other threads like this for April Fools Day.....:rolleyes:

Diamond
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:20 AM
Wow! Very good. You definitely got me. Anyway, thank God that it's not true because Anna needs to work on her tennis. She doesn't need the distraction.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:38 AM
Hehe! :)

Well, I'm majoring in print journalism, gotta get my practice

juggler
Apr 1st, 2002, 07:59 AM
Well, I'm majoring in print journalism, gotta get my practice

well your well on your way then to becoming a successful journalist by not letting the facts get in the way of a good story ;)

TeeRexx
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:56 AM
Very nice, well written joke. ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:57 AM
;) good one :)

i was getting a bit :eek: :eek: for a sec

aura of daniela
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:02 AM
Man, you are a dog.
I actually didn't even read the april fools part of your article so luck I read the reply to it or I would have had any idea about the joke.
Good stuch you bastard!!;)

By the way, was any of it true, like the JC Ferrero and Lepentii rumors, or was it all made up???

Simon V

Zamboni
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:15 AM
lmao....good one! :)

Zhao
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:20 AM
to think i was reading the article seriously n thinking of how to reply :mad: :mad:

haha its threads like this that makes my day:bounce: :bounce:

Mazza
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:30 AM
:eek: :eek: :p :p :o ;) :D DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT LOL!!!!!!!!

MaRKy MaRk
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:43 PM
LOL!!! Great article! I thought it was serious for a minute...thank goodness it isn't...Roger and Mirolava are the best!

I LOVE APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

Yum
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:58 PM
hehe ya got me there mr guga

this is my second post wii

auntie janie
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:27 PM
Great joke! :D

I fell for it! I was going to copy it for Anna's fans on the CNNSI board, but I decided to check the BBC site first .... and whaddya know, it wasn't there!:eek: So then I came back & saw the April Fool bit ... :D
Well done, Mrs_Guga! :wavey:

Jay
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:43 PM
you didn't catch me

I've been on 'Aprils Fools Day' red alert from the moment I woke up this morning and found myself covered in what looked like blood and what looked like a horses head at the foot of my bed !

Turned out to be tomato ketchup and a Winnie the Pooh soft toy

Oasiatic
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:30 PM
Lmao! That was hilarious. Of course I fell for it big time.

Was just about to scream to my cousin (she loves Roger) that she doesn't stand a chance now that he has Anna.

Whew! Thank god I noticed the bit at the bottom. Good One!

Experimentee
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:35 PM
you didnt get me
he wouldnt dump miroslava for anna :p

Justinator
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:50 PM
You got me too :D

vw43
Apr 1st, 2002, 04:54 PM
you got me...lol.

FroggyLight
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:01 PM
Awww you got me too :( Good one though!

tenn_ace
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:21 PM
the best joke ever... on this board ;)

Brian Stewart
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:15 PM
I was wondering why I didn't see this at the BBC site. I was going to comment that while the alliance seems to have done wonders for his tennis....