PDA

View Full Version : Why Williams fans are ....

Volcana
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:11 AM
... pleasantly content.

Venus and Serena have each had pretty much their best winter ever. Venus had #1 for a couple weeks. SHe's won three tournaments. Serena has been d*mn near unstoppable. If she continues at anything like this pace during clay season, she'll be the #3 seed at Roland Garros easily. Venus will likely be #2, but there's an outside chance she'll be #1.

Richard's Ultimate Prophecy, Venus and Serena #1 and #2 grows closer and closer. And the only player playing at their level is five years older. I find I don't even get upset much when they lose these days. They have fulfilled the expectations of greatness. Now we're just establishing HOW great.

It's good to be alive and a Williams fan. :)

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:13 AM
Wonderful post Volcana

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:21 AM
Woohoo!! I too am pleasantly content. Back to back titles for serena!!! Number one for venus plus three titles!!! I agree this winter season has been great.

Now forward to the clay courts and hopefully total domination and a RG win! I can't wait to see them in doubles again finally!

moon
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:27 AM
yes this year has been pretty cool so far, which is why I find the threads that Venus is playing too much to be laughable. Venus & Serena will be #1 & #2 before the year is out. :D

I also don't mind as much when they lose either. Coincidence? ;)

brickhousesupporter
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:37 AM
Thanks Volcana for this positive thread. I too am enjoying the wonderful tennis that is being played by both Venus and Serena. I hope to see them transfer their power games to the red clay. This is turning into a very good beginning of the year. I wish them both the best of luck for the rest of the year.

joao
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:40 AM
Well I'm very happy too! My faves are heading to the very top and making the other players look miserable! Venus at #1 even just for those 3 weeks was something I was waiting for sooooooooo long! Now it's Serena's turn and I'm starting to be impatient again!!!!!!!

Having said that, I'm more worried about Venus' performance than Serena's right now!!!I have to honestly confess that I'm somehow a bit disappointed with Venus' performance at the big big events (AO, Miami)! I wanna see her win a TierI and at least 1 GS this year! Otherwise, her year won't be a good one!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Hopefully, Serena's title at Miami will boost Venus again and we'll see her on fire in Rome or RG!!!!!!!!!

LucasArg
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:10 AM
I am crazy for Williams:p :hearts: :p

Althea
Apr 1st, 2002, 06:30 AM
Tthanks Volcana :angel: ...

As the results clearly show:

Serena and Venus just get better and better with time.:D

We Love :kiss: :wavey: :bounce: and Are So Proud of.. Serena:cool: and Venus:cool: Williams

TeeRexx
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:02 AM
I am quite happy with the way that SERENA and VENUS are conducting themselves both on and off the court.

Moon - We think a like at times because their occassional losses have not bothered me as they did in the past.

Hi Williams fans. :wavey:

Williams Rulez
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:04 AM
A great positive thread for all Williams fans to dwell in :D :bounce:

juggler
Apr 1st, 2002, 09:08 AM
its so easy to be a williams fan.

being an anna fan requires hard work, pain, agony, commitment and a stong resolve.

Beige
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:57 AM
*Trying to contain excitement*

Oh what the heck...

http://salacious.de/Smiliez/Hupfen/huepfenjump1.gif

saby
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:06 AM
I'm not a Williams's fan at all but congratulation !! :wavey:

:angel: :angel: :angel:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:11 PM
We Williams fans have been truly blessed. I am very thankful :)

Legends
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:23 PM
Well done Venus and Serena:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

well done williams fans :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

its so easy to be a williams fan.
being an anna fan requires hard work, pain, agony, commitment and a stong resolve.

LMAO, Juggler

not to worry patience is a virture :angel:

moby
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:33 PM
congrats people
lets hope marti will be up there again real soon

Experimentee
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:45 PM
I'm so happy...especially since my fave Serena seems to have conquered her Venus hoodoo! And dominated just about every other player as well!

vw43
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:53 PM
The Williams fans deserve to be content. Your girls are doing so well.

I'm content as a Capriati fan to enjoy the good tennis the Williams put out.

It's great to be alive and a tennis fan in general..;)

Ty
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:11 PM
Volcana - that is a very classy post!

im not the biggest Venus fan, but i can totally appreciate how great her winter has been and how reaching number one shows that she is one of the best in the game.

i like Serena loads more and am so pleased that she has done great! She is proving that she is one of the biggest forces on the tour. (but we all new that anyway, didnt we!!!)

well done to her!

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:24 PM
It's good to be alive and a Williams fan.

Indeed!!! I've decided that I will no longer respond to those who think it's their duty to consistently crash and diss Williams fans threads... From here on out you may call me Miss sunshine , because I will be killing ya with kindness/positivity :wavey: :hearts: :P

Volcana
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:44 PM
As Carly Simon once put it "... stay right here, cause these ARE the 'good old days'..."

Ntosake
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Content, pleasantly.:)

That's me.:angel:

paigery
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:11 PM
I will have to say that the level of tennis being put on the court is amazing, congrats to the winner of Miami Serena. We should see more good tennis from all of the top players including world number one Jennifer Capriati!!!!!!!

Simply the best:bounce:

swiftrider
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:15 PM
Very well said.. And so very true..

My compliments..

victory1
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:17 PM
I'm very content! :bounce: :bounce:

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
Happy and content, ain't gonna let nobody spoil it for me with their "throw the rock, hide your hand threads".

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WILLIAMS

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Infiniti2001

Indeed!!! I've decided that I will no longer respond to those who think it's their duty to consistently crash and diss Williams fans threads... From here on out you may call me Miss sunshine , because I will be killing ya with kindness/positivity :wavey: :hearts: :P

Excellent idea infiniti! Ignore the hate and just focus on the girls.......positive energy all around! :)

GO VENUS AND SERENA!!!!!!! :)

moon
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:42 PM
Still happy and content :D :D :D

:wavey: Hey TeeRexx :)

Jessica02
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:30 PM
Ahha I agree.

Im liking Serena more and more shes so cool! :)

Hopefully Marti will give us something to cheer about soon! :D

maccardel
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:45 PM
Yes my sentiments exactly....

Venus at number 1 even for 1 week is good enough for me..
Venus and serena met in the finals at the USopen
Venus has come through and won Wimbly 2x and USopen 2x..

All in all it's been good and the goods has been coming in good blocks......

venusfan
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:57 PM
if only Venus can give Capriati a Double Bagle..

That would be so awsome..

Anyway, Hopefully Venus can at least make French Open Semi so if she messes up at Wimbledon it wont be too bad on her ranking.. but so long as Cap and Hing don't win french, I'll be contended

Dawn Marie
Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:06 AM
This is a classy thread and I feel the love,I feel the love:) You guys are awsome!

Thank you Volcana:)

FEARLESS VENUS AND BABY SIS RULE!!:-)

Althea
Apr 2nd, 2002, 05:03 AM
This thread is even more enjoyable :bounce:

because some posters
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: that are not fans of Venus and/or Serena... (though don't know why not :confused: - just teasing;)) have joined in to offer congratulations and/or give props to Venus and/or Serena on their accomplishments...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VENUS:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ENJOYED SEEING YOU IN THE CROWD CHEERING YOUR BABY SIS ON!

AND SERENA GIRL......... YOU SURE 'NOUGH HAVE MADE MY WEEK!:bounce::bounce: :bounce: