PDA

View Full Version : My report on the final

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:00 AM
Hiya ,

I am back home. I am so happy I went to the finals after all. I was one of Serena's loudest supporters.. I can't wait to watch a tape to see if I'm on camera or if I recognize my voice heehee...

Anyway, I got to crandon Park really early so I had time to walk around... I was walking towards the food court when I came across a small crowd. Of course being as nosey as I am , I had to go check out the action. It was none other than Richard Williams mingling with the fans. He took many pics and signed autographgs too.. He is very friendly and funny...
Everyone was given a free nasdaq cap at the entrance , so I had him autograph mine as well . I asked him for Venus and he said that she was sick and had stayed at home... Not too long after , I went to my sit and looked down in the stands and lo and behold there was Venus heehee. The man is definitely a few eggs short of a dozen lmao...

The match was not that great,( I definitely enjoyed last year's more) but Serena held her own. She refused to fold for Jen.. She was on every ball like white on rice(check her unforce errors) and her grunting is not as bad as on television <eg> She had lots of support ( I even heard some white folk in the stands commenting that she had more that Jen :rolleyes:

It was so hot out there . I was so exhausted after the trophy presentation that I did not even bother with the men's doubles...

I walked around some more after lunch and saw Roger Federer hitting with a Venezuelean gal/player, don't know her name or rank. Roger is one cutie patootie too bad he did not win today...

There were sightings of Ann Kornikova, but I passed on seeing her up close... 2hours + of the abominable sun was enough for me thank you :P

Williams Rulez
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:06 AM
Looks like you had a really enjoyable time!! :D

Is Serena as huge as she looks on TV?
What about Jennifer? Is she fat? Or is it just the TV?

Infiniti2001
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:12 PM
Is Serena as huge as she looks on TV?
What about Jennifer? Is she fat? Or is it just the TV?

Trust me, it's the television.. It adds 10 lbs I think :P

Williams Rulez
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:50 PM
Thanks a lot!! :bounce: :bounce:

Then some players must be really thin... cause they already look so thin on TV... like Meghann :eek:

Rubylips
Apr 1st, 2002, 05:38 PM
infint,did you tell MR. williams about our love for his,girl.All about our WILLIAMS TENNIS WTA,FAN CLUB?Thank my friend.good job.:wavey: :wavey:

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 07:53 PM
I'm jealous ;)

Hope you enjoyed yourself :)

moon
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:24 PM
thanks for the report!

And it is true what they say about TV.
It's shocking sometimes the difference between tv and real life.

QueenO
Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:16 PM
great report:cool: