PDA

View Full Version : The best WTA results site closes...

Alek
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:48 AM
http://www.acemantennis.com the best result page for wta specially challengers, + other features like rankings and race chase closes :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

*Due to a lack of financial support and interest from the tennis fans, i decided to close my website(effective tomorrow). The good news is that will allow me to put more time in my real passion...fishing.* Sarasota(S), Porto(S), Miami(S), Lawrenceville(S+D), Amiens(S+D), Roma Parioli(S+D), Bendigo(S), San Luis Potosi(S+D)

Is sad to hear that someone as nice like Alain never got the financial support he always needed :sad: hopefully he will now get more time for himself and will dedicate as he says more time to his passion the fishing. Good luck Alain :wavey: hope we can still chat by email ;) :p

spotsyboy
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:01 AM
WHAT????!!!!

i was totally shocked to see this - this is a site that I would dare say a great deal of us worship and it will be SO sad to see it go! Guess we have Michael Blue to go by now....(sigh) and of course, our own challengers forum......

but it won't be the same! Aceman was faster, more user-friendly and most comprehensive than anywhere else on the net.....
I'm so sad! :(

but i know it must have taken up a great deal of your time so i'm glad you'll be able to participate in your other interests :)

i'm still sad tho...bye bye acemantennis........:wavey:

spencercarlos
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:01 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I can not stand it. That was indeed the best Wta Tennis site for results of tournaments around the world its really a shame that he can not find sponsors or money to continue :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Sonf@
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:03 AM
omg NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Can we help Alain in anything?

Jordan.
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:07 AM
:sad:

Sonf@
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:13 AM
What about Wtastarz network supporting and sponsoring Aceman? It would be a great idea :cool:

rated_next
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:46 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

We need him.

polishprodigy
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:48 AM
Oh no! I love this site! Alain does such a great job, he is organized and user friendly and gives out fast results. I always check how my Polish players are doing ,and Alain's site is the best place to do that! Plus as a Canadian, I am always checking the Canadian Race to the Chase (even though none of them make it ;) ) I PLEAD TO EVERYONE!! FiND a sponsor for this great site! DO NOT LET IT GO! If it is for a lack of sponsorship and not a lack of time, we must do something! I plead to the polish community! PROSZE! (PLEASE!) Wtastarz, anyone! Please save this amazing site! :sad:

Alek
Apr 1st, 2002, 01:49 AM
Aceman says now:

*OK Sorry everybody for the scaring moment.I caught 13 fishes in an hour. Dont forget we are April 1st tomorrow :)Thanks everybody for your support.* Sarasota(S), Porto(S), Miami(S), Lawrenceville(S+D), Amiens(S+D), Roma Parioli(S+D), Bendigo(S), San Luis Potosi(S+D)

:eek:

spotsyboy
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:01 AM
DAMN! LOL

i have to admit, I have been had :-)

but you scared the crap out of me alain! LOL

dont do it again!! LOL

aceman
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:14 AM
Sorry for the little joke;) Now everybody here will know who i am:angel: You can read my reply in the other thread. With all this moral support, you can be sure i will stay for a long time despite the fact i'm very often late in some pages and i really want to do a lot more with my site.

Scotso
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:18 AM
Poor Alejandro is embarrassed, lol...

Alek
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:32 AM
no he's not

he is VERY ;)

aceman
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:37 AM
Alejandro. I'm surprised you didn't delete the thread;)

Scotso
Apr 1st, 2002, 03:03 AM
he probably will now!

Sonf@
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by sonfo
What about Wtastarz network supporting and sponsoring Aceman? It would be a great idea :cool:

What about kill someone before Wtaworld ban me? ;)

2ace2
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:08 AM
I really hope the site stays on!
:D

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:09 PM
OMG! I was about to die! ;)

And to top it off....you were throwing the site away for FISHING!????? That's a classic! :) :D

TS
Apr 1st, 2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Alx

hopefully he will now get more time for himself and will dedicate as he says more time to his passion the fishing.

LOL! :o Im sorry alx but I couldnt resist ;) That cracked me up!

p.s - Im sure I would've fallen for it too ;)