PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Fingon HAPPY with his favorite MARTINA?

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:42 PM
He starts a topic concerning himself with a certain segment of fans, but yet it is HE who DROPPED HINGIS AS HIS FAVORITE BECAUSE HE WAS NOT (HAPPY)with her tennis?? EXCUSE ME BUT HINGIS CAN STILL WHIPP 98% of the tour. Just because she hasn't won a slam in 3 years should not make a die-hard fan lose interest.

Why would an (unhappy) Hingis fan even think about suggesting a title.. stating *WHY CAN'T WILLIAMS FANS BE HAPPY*

Jessica02
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:49 PM
LOL Dawn...

I think If your a die hard fan of any player you should stick by them through thick and thin.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:50 PM
you are so mature Dawn. :rolleyes: lmao.

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:51 PM
*counting minutes until Poe removes this thread*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FroggyLight
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:53 PM
Thats not really nice :rolleyes:

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:55 PM
maybe DAwn doesn't know what the word 'nice' means. :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Hey I started an honest thread here.. What should I state *ALL HINGIS FANS AREN'T HAPPY*?

Then add Fingon in my first paragragh?

If Poe deletes the thread then I will stand by his decision. It's not like I am attacking Fingon, just an honest opinion.

If Fingon wishes for me to remove it then I shall.

Fingon
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:57 PM
Ok Dawn, if you insists in make an ass of yourself, I will please you.

First, don't lie, Martina Hingis is NOT my favourite, get your facts right.

As far as I know, there isn't any rule that says you owe loyalty to a tennis player, if I decide to dump her as my favourite is because my ass feels happy with that.

Now, Hingis can still whip 98 % of the tour, well there are aproximately 1,300 players ranked in the tour, 98% of that is something like 1,274 players, which means that are 26 players that she can't beat, that's not very good isn't it?

On the other hand, in 2000 she won Ericsson and the Chase, I was happy with that, the Canadian Open was tainted because Serena was injured, in Zurich or Moscow she didn't face any real opposition, and failed in the Grand Slams.

in 2001 she won 3 tournaments, Sydneay, which was quite good but it's only a tier 2, Dubai with no opposition and Doha, a tier 3, nothing else, let me give you a list of the players she lost to in 2001.

Australian Open: Jennifer Capriati
Pan Pacific: Lindsay Davenport
Indian Wells: Kim Clijsters
Key Biscayne: Venus Williams
Amelia Island: Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
Family Circle: Jennnifer Capriati
Berlin: Amelie Mauresmo
Rome: Amelie Mauresmo
Roland Garros: Jennifer Capriati
Wimbledon: Virginia Ruano-Pascual (first round)
San Diego: Monica Seles
Los Angeles: Monica Seles
US Open: Serena Williams
Moscow: Elena Dementieva.

A great record, something to be proud it.

If you feel that my post was inadecuate, why don't you report it to the administrator?

Don't you realize that one of the main reasons why so many posters dislike Williams fans is you with your childy retaliation posts.

I made a question about something that bothers me, aren't I entitled to have an opinion?, you came shouting, insulting and behaving like a brat, as you usually do, and then pretend to be friendly, as I said before, don't bother to talk to me again or contact me again, I would expect a grown woman to be that and not behave like a 12 years old, I asked a question without insulting anyone and you came to insult and make a circus of this board as you always do, you are not only a brat but an hypocrite, you have no clue about tennis, or anything for that matter and I am truly sick of you.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:00 PM
wouldn't surprise me if you did write *ALL HINGIS FANS AREN'T HAPPY*

Besides... fingon didn't say ALL Willi fans did he...

Fingon
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Dawn Marie
Hey I started an honest thread here.. What should I state *ALL HINGIS FANS AREN'T HAPPY*?

Then add Fingon in my first paragragh?

If Poe deletes the thread then I will stand by his decision. It's not like I am attacking Fingon, just an honest opinion.

If Fingon wishes for me to remove it then I shall.

I don't wish you to remove anything, my life doesn't revolve on what is poste on a message board. and that show how hypocritical you are. If you remove this that won't remove the fact that you posted it in the first time. I think that to make an ass of yourself and let eveyone know it and then delete the proofs is cowardly. I stand for what I said because unlike you I think before I talk, or post and the words come from my brain and not my ass. You should do the same although your case is the opposite.

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:05 PM
I gotta agree with Fingon.... I don't really understand why you were upset about his (or her) first thread...

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:05 PM
Fingon but you dropped Hingis as your favorite due to not BEING HAPPY with her performance? You are not happy with Hingis, or are you? Are you happy with Hingis? Maybe you're not (Happy) with Hingis's game. And maybe some Williams fans aren't happy with theirs either. But one thing is for sure.. We will never drop them for another player just because they are not performing as well as I or WE feel they should.

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:08 PM
Fingon you are making me laugh.. you and I both know many times you and (I) BOTH talk out of our asses!!!

Fingon
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:08 PM
Fingon but you dropped Hingis as your favorite due to not BEING HAPPY with her performance? You are not happy with Hingis, or are you? Are you happy with Hingis? Maybe you're not (Happy) with Hingis's game. And maybe some Williams fans aren't happy with theirs either. But one thing is for sure.. We will never drop them for another player just because they are not performing as well as I or WE feel they should.

I guess that makes you a better person

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:10 PM
Dawn Marie, I think Fingon's original thread was to ask why Williams fans can't be happy she won instead of complaining about commentators, boos etc... not to ask why they aren't happy with her performance... the fact that he may or may not of swtiched favorites really has nothing to do with what he asked....

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:12 PM
Of course it doesn't but you must think your the better person cause of your first topic regarding ALL Williams fans. With the first paragrapgh being (SOME) WILLIAMS FANS.

So what? SOME Williams fans can't be disapointed because Serena is only ranked #7? I mean obviously SOME Hingis fans are UNHAPPY with Hingis many title wins.

Randy H
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:13 PM
I don't understand what difference it makes why or why he doesn't like Martina as his #1 fave anymore? From what I have seen, he seems unhappy with what her game has developed into, and if he doesn't like her style of game as he did before, then it is probably not as enjoyable to see watching her play anymore. In the meantime, another player has come along who does appeal to him, and he has chosen to support her as his #1 fave. Doesn't mean he doesn't like Martina though, so I don't see the point.

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:14 PM
Uh please note: People can argue about bad bias commentating and the ranking system.. AND boo's etc. AND STILL BE HAPPY that thei favorite WON.

Angele87 my point is well made. imho.:)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:14 PM
I mean obviously SOME Hingis fans are UNHAPPY with Hingis many title wins.

Come again please? who are you referring to? sounds like you know my fellow Martians better then I do.

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:16 PM
Hiya Randy. and I think your 27th word in your paragragh is ironic.:) Thank you:)

Fingon
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:19 PM
Thank you Randy for your intend to explain it. But I guess it's pointless.

Dawn, I won't bother anymore, keep making this board the idiot's paradise.

Randy H
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:21 PM
I think you missed the point, but okay :)

Jordan.
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:21 PM
Go Martina! :bounce:

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:28 PM
Randy no you missed the point.

Look here see it this way Randy:)

*I don't understand what difference it makes why he or some Williams fans doesn't like the ranking or booing or commentating?* Now add the rest of your paragrapgh to this reply and add.. this last line.

It doesn't mean some are NOT happy with the Williams sista's? I don't see your point Randy??? :kiss:

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:31 PM
Uh please note: People can argue about bad bias commentating and the ranking system.. AND boo's etc. AND STILL BE HAPPY that thei favorite WON.

Angele87 my point is well made. imho.:)

But I think Fingon was asking why SOME (note, I put my some in bold AND bigger letters :p) Williams fans start threads to complain about boos or rankings or whatever instead of starting threads about how happy they are about Serena's victory... or maybe I just totally misunderstood Fingon's post...

And anyways my post was just to say that the fact that Fingon may or may not be unhappy with Martina's performance is totally irrelevant in this discussion

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:32 PM
Oh Dawny :kiss:! maybe you can answer my post for you? it's a couple of posts above! I would like to have an answer. You know how it is, to be put into a group. :) Thanks dahling!

Randy H
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:41 PM
My point is that that in his eyes, the results aren't coming at the slams, because her game is not what it used to be - The game that she used to have, is what made her his fave. If that isn't there anymore, then why would he still consider her his #1 fave? The lack of slams in the past 3 years is the result of the reasons Martina is not his #1 favourite player, so it doesn't seem very logical to criticize his reasoning when it seems pretty straightforward. If he likes someone else more now, then so be it. If Venus were to change her game and become a moonballer, and her personality turned into one that no longer appealed to you, I don't think people would expect you to necessarily still consider her your #1 favourite either. Hope you understand. :kiss:

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:43 PM
Marri, Marri, Marri :) DAHLING! have you not been reading the contents of this thread? And this is just one example... sweetie.

Comprehend this thread and don't get sassy with me again.. K?:);):wavey:

Some people are unhappy with their favorites and drop them off their #1 list, when all the while they are winning many titles. Dang I mean how you going to be doing that crap and yet be so concerned about SOME other fans of tennis?

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:47 PM
Hi Randy :wavey: :wavey:

I completely agree with your last post... nobody has to have the same favorite forever... personally, I've changed favorites a few times... not on the women's tour but on the ATP my fave player used to be Andy but now it's Lleyton... and i've never been called a hypocrite or anything like that because i changed fave players...

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:48 PM
Yeah ok Randy.. and again your 27th word .. (UNHAPPY) is still ironic to my point of this thread.

Look Fingon's post irked me and I am just making this topic as to why it did.

I have not one hard feeling toward anyone but I HAD to speak out about his post cause it got on my nerve.:)

I just found it ironic and a bit silly coming from him.

angele87
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:54 PM
Am I really the only one that doesn't see how the fact that SOME Williams fans are complaing about the boos, rankings etc... instead of starting YAY SERENA or whatever threads is related to the fact that Martina is no longer Fingon's fave because he is UNHAPPY (:eek: :eek:) with her general performance over the last couple of years??

And Dawn Marie, you can be upset with whatever post you want but I don't think starting threads to PERSONALLY attack ONE person is the answer... Perhaps you should of sent a PM to Fingon??

Fingon
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:56 PM
Randy, you got it absolutely right.

For some people is difficult to understand that some other people don't adore or reverence tennis players, they seem to believe we owe them loyalty for the rest of their lifes.

I love tennis, but for me tennis is a very little passionate sport. Some people enjoy the suspense, a match that isn't decided until the end, and that's ok, I don't, I enjoy technique, I enjoy what in my eyes is beatiful tennis, something that Martina Hingis was able to produce in the past but not anymore.

The reason why I become a fan of Martina Hingis was because I liked her game, I enjoyed her game. It's not because she was born in Slovakia, or because she is white, or because she speaks German, or because I was taught by my parents that I should reverence her. She isn't a goddess, or a superior entity, she is just a human being that happens to play tennis and my relationship with her starts and ends there. If I liked Martina because of her game and didn't like Venus becuase of her game, it would be hypocritical from me to keep liking Martina when her game is not longer what I like to see, that would mean liking the person, or what she represents instead of the game and that's not me, I don't reverence people and much less a sports star, Martina goes to the bathroom as everyone else (yes, Venus too) and I am sure her shit smells pretty bad, you won't see me lying on the floor for Martina to walk on me and don't get her sacred feet dirty.

If you see the list of my favourite player, you will find a great variety in races, nationalities and personalities, and only one thing in common, their games: Gabriela Sabatini, Martina Hingis, Justine Henin, Jana Novotna, Zina Garrison, Martina Navratilova, Hanna Mandlikova. Ok, there is a tendency in me to like Czech/Slovakian players I admit it :p

With the men is similar: McEnroe, Edberg, Becker, Rafter, Leconte, Hicham Arazi.

And don't ask me what my retired favourites are doing now, because I have no clue, when they stopped playing tennis, my relationship with them ended, they not longer had anything that interested me.

but I guess that you, and many other people can understand that, but some can't, because they are unable to accept opinions other than their own, although I can't really say what that persons posts as I see the legend "This person is on your Ignore List." under all her post :)

Dawn Marie
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:56 PM
HI Angeles87:wavey: :wavey: I completely agree with your post. Nobody has to reamin 100% "In a Happy thought mood" when their favorites are kicking the tours ass and winning tournaments. It is OK for SOME fans to debate about certain occurances that may of happend in the tournament. Even if their favorite player kicked ass and won the thang.:)

get over it, especially when you yourself dropped your die hard favorite due to being unhappy. See the irony now?

Randy H
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:58 PM
There is a difference about being unhappy with a player because they are not the same player you initially liked, and being unhappy because your favourite won and you're still mad about linecalls :)

Anyway, his fave is Justine, not Martina, so perhaps you should have changed the thread title to Justine instead :)

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:00 AM
Go Serena & Venus

Randy H
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:01 AM
Anyway I'm off now - Glad *some* of you see what I mean ;)

Ciao Dawn :kiss:

Dawn Marie
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:03 AM
EXCUSE ME? ATTACKING ? This post is not attacking anyone. It does however mention a person's username. And I did state that if he wished I would remove it.

A personal attack is calling a person a hateful name or just saying nasty hateful remarks about someone. This is nothing but a silly post, that I am trying to compare with another one that I particulary didn't like.

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:03 AM
Hi Dawn Marie :wavey: :wavey:

Well my "changing favorites" thing isn't exactly the same thing as Fingon because when I first started watching men's tennis it was because of Andy Roddick. My best friend was a huge fan and so I figured why not check him out for myself... When I first started to watch him play, I really liked him and I still do but as I have watched more tennis, I discovered that I like Lleyton better, nothing wrong with that right?!?!

And I completely agree with Randy's last post because I know that if Kim (my fave) had just won a tournament I would be starting threads to Congratulate and Praise Kim rather than threads to condemn the commentators or the ranking system :)

Dawn Marie
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:05 AM
By Randy:)

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:07 AM
EXCUSE ME? ATTACKING ? This post is not attacking anyone. It does however mention a person's username. And I did state that if he wished I would remove it.

A personal attack is calling a person a hateful name or just saying nasty hateful remarks about someone. This is nothing but a silly post, that I am trying to compare with another one that I particulary didn't like.

Oops, I must have missed the posts in this thread you made praising Fingon *searching* And if you were unhappy about his post IN ANOTHER THREAD you should of made a comment in that thread instead of starting another one...

Dawn Marie
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:08 AM
Well I wouldn't say that, because IF by chance one day Kim gets booed or runs across some commentators AFTER she won a titled. you just may feel compelled to debate about it. So don't judge or say what you WOULDN'T do until it happens to your favorite.:)

CanadianBoy21
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:13 AM
Couldn't say it better Dawn.

angele87
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:15 AM
yeah maybe you have a point Dawn Marie but I doubt I would start threads about boos but I guess I can't say that I wouldn't comment in them... although i've never complained about Lleyton being booed...

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:12 PM
lmao Dawn! am I being sassy?? LMAO! Read your own posts honey, there you'll find some intersting... and you'll see that I'm not the on being SASSY!

Ta ta, take care :wavey:

Deira
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:55 PM
You're so right Dawn:

So don't judge or say what you WOULDN'T do
until it happens to your favorite

I've seen it on this board sooooo many times it ain't funny :rolleyes:

GoDominiqu
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:02 PM
The rating for this thread is 100 % correct, or should I say the rating for the poster who initiated it ? :rolleyes:

It's really time for the 0-star-rating ...